Islamic Forum
ummammaar

The World Of Jinn & Devils

(I though "Allah" was singular in description though? - similar to the Hebrew "Eloah" - which means single God - as opposed to Elohim which is the plurality of God majesty)

Yes, Allah is in the singular unlike Elohim.

As for Jesus(pbuh), it is no doubt that your description of him falls into the category of Shirk (assosciating partners with God, idolatry).

Now, let me ask you a question. What have you gained out of this discussion? Do you still belive that devils are a figment of imagination, or not?

Edited by Younes Ibn Abd' al-Aziz

PropellerAds
Yes, Allah is in the singular unlike Elohim.

As for Jesus(pbuh), it is no doubt that your description of him falls into the category of Shirk (assosciating partners with God, idolatry).

Now, let me ask you a question. What have you gained out of this discussion? Do you still belive that devils are a figment of imagination, or not?

I have gained out of the discussion that Muslims believe some similar things to Christians concerning demons.

I do not believe they are a figment of the imagination however - rather the opposite: I think "demons" (or devils/jinn) are very real in life. For example, if someone has an addition to alcohol I have no problem in seeing that they have a "demon" - and such like.

I guess the kind of demons I query and have doubts about are the goblin-like critters some christians and Catholics believe in where they think they either lie under beds, or behind curtains or lurk in open spaces, or "attack" Christians and unbelievers unaware or whatever, and "possess" a person against their free will.

I strongly believe that personal choice has a lot to do with whether or not a stronghold is given to a "demon" in a person's life, thus making that individual personally accountable before God for their actions (as opposed to blaming it upon some supernatural creature who goes about trying to "possess" people). I hope that makes some sense.