Islamic Forum
- IQRA -

Sikh's And Hindu's

:D

So...will a practicing sikh go to Heaven?

Does sikhism have any link to Islam?

Is there mention in the Qur'an or Sunnah about Sikhs and Hindu's?

and when i say hindu's, i mean the ones that Dont worship idols...

-sorry if they are very silly basic questions...-

:D

Welll... Most sikhs I've ever met are wild-eyed madmen.. so I'd say yes!! :D

They are a splinter group of Islam, i believe.

PropellerAds
True..their God is perhaps not exactly like the scriptural God.

But they do pray to one god.

About their Gurus...the religion doesn't tell them to pray to any pictures or idols....It's like how

some muslims praise peer Awliyah.b

Hi llogical

LOL! Yes, some Muslims pray to their awliyah and peers even though doing so completely contradicts the revelation that Prophet Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) came with, but for some strange reason they do not consider what they do wrong, but when Catholics (as we have seen in this thread) or when Hindu's or Sikhs do it they do consider it wrong, weird!

It reminds me of an American brother I know, his brother was in hospital dying and his mother, a staunch Christian was screaming so hard asking Jesus to save her son, this brother said that if a Muslim had of walked into the room then he would have thought that his mother was crazy praying to a man who cannot hear her, let alone help or aid her, but yet many Muslims do exactly the same when they pray top the awliyah and peers.

Hindus and Sikhs do the same when they pray to their statues and take figures that they themselves have carved as intermediaries with Allaah, the only real difference between them and the Muslims or Christians who do the same are the objects that they take as intermediaries, but whatever object they take, be it Jesus, a dead saint, or a piece of wood carved into the image of a man with an elephants head stuck on it they have still taken something as an intermediary with Allaah, thus, they have set up rivals with Allaah.

Regards

Aboo Uthmaan

Welll... Most sikhs I've ever met are wild-eyed madmen.. so I'd say yes!! :D

They are a splinter group of Islam, i believe.

:D never say that to a sikh though

Hi llogical

LOL! Yes, some Muslims pray to their awliyah and peers even though doing so completely contradicts the revelation that Prophet Muhammad (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) came with, but for some strange reason they do not consider what they do wrong, but when Catholics (as we have seen in this thread) or when Hindu's or Sikhs do it they do consider it wrong, weird!

peace bro..

:D It's true..there are people that set bad examples everywhere.

as for sikhs they do have idols illogical , and it does make them idol worshipers like their hindu counterparts .

Bro..one of us is wrong.

Here is a quote from Sikh site.

"Sikhism condemns blind rituals such as fasting, visiting places of pilgrimage, superstitions, worship of the dead, idol worship etc."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sikhs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/summary.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.sikhs(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/summary.htm[/url]

If you know a better source than do share it.

Peace

Edited by llogical

:D never say that to a sikh though

Yeah, those kirpans are sharp! That's one reason I wouldn't want to get involved in a fight in Kashmir, Sikh and Pashtuns (sp?) running around kicking and taking hypenated names... Those guys are bat-sh*t!!

But do they necessarily worship the idols, or do the worship THROUGH the idols. Perhaps the Sikhs direct their prayers to Allah by praying towards Idols, as Muslims do by praying towards Mecca?

But do they necessarily worship the idols, or do the worship THROUGH the idols. Perhaps the Sikhs direct their prayers to Allah by praying towards Idols, as Muslims do by praying towards Mecca?

I was once told that muslims face kaba caz aside from a focal point Allah's throne is directly above it.good luck proving that.

I was once told that muslims face kaba caz aside from a focal point Allah's throne is directly above it.good luck proving that.

I was once told about the tooth fairy and father christmas...

Dear Darla

Salaam.

I understand your viewpoint re: praying through a statue as opposed to praying to a statue.

However, this distinction is a subtle distinction wrt modern philosophy only. WRT Islam, there is no difference.

According to Islam, whether you're praying to or through a man made object, you are still 'putting something into the path' between the otherwise direct connection between you and God. This is Shirk (polytheism) according to Islamic standards.

So you may say you are praying through the statues/mary/saints/etc, but according to Islam the very fact that something else is present is detracting from the purity of 100% worship to God alone. This is polytheism.

The 'beads' you mention are nothing whatsoever to do with focusing prayer/worship (unlike rosary beads). They have a much more pragmatic purpose. They're just a way of keeping count of how many prayers you've given.....a pen and paper would also work. It's got nothing to do with focusing thoughts, it's just a tally of what number you're on. Having said that, these "beads" are also not "canonical" in that they were not used during the Prophets (SAW) time. They are a "modern" tool like, say, a calculator.....nothing to do with "focusing thoughts" and more of a "utility".

(This point could get argued back and forth such as "why have prayer mats? why wear clothes? why stand in lines?etc etc.......none of these things intrudes upon/helps us focus 100% on GOD alone, ourselves.....with no help).

Re: Kaaba, muslims don't pray to the Kaaba, we pray toward the Kaaba...as a sign of unity. The whole muslim brother/sisterhood praying in one direction to symbolise our participation in a universal community....no more no less.

It isn't the "house of God" in any physical sense whatsoever (i mean come on, be serious).

Salaam :D

to clarify the last point, we also don't pray through the Kaaba :D

Praying towards signifies that it is the direction that's important.....we all pray in the same direction.

(and before you say, "well why not pray toward the south pole?", if we did there would be someone else asking "well why not pray toward the north pole?", "well why not pray toward everest?" ad-infinatum. It's a moot point, the fact that it's one direction is more important than the direction itself...after all, muslims prayed towards jerusalem before being directed to face the kiblah oh so many years ago.

I was once told about the tooth fairy and father christmas...

Grace and Peace Gaffer74,

St. Nicolas was a real. The myth of a 'father christmas' was derived from him.

Peace and God Bless.

The myth of a 'father christmas' was derived from him.

Peace and God Bless.

Yes. Exactly. The concept of "Father Christmas" is myth

Peace

Gaffer

Once again I am astounded by the ignorance of some so-called religious, peaceful, loving people. Sikhi is a monotheistic religion. Some of you proceed to defend Islam while stating that you cannot judge the people who incorrectly practice Islam but judge the intent of the religion itself. HOWEVER, when it comes to extending the same courtesy to other religions, you fail to do so. Many Sikhs keep pictures of the Gurus in their homes not because they worship them but because they like to be reminded. You know, it's sort of like how you keep family pictures on the wall. Regardless, the religion and the Sri Guru Granth Sahib state that one should not worship in this way.

One Universal Creator God.

The Name is Truth.

Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred.

Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent

(Jap Ji Sahib)

"The ignorant and the blind wander deluded by doubt; deluded and confused, they pick flowers to offer to their idols." (p. 1264)

"The stone idols have drowned the world, and the Pandits, the religious scholars, have plundered it on the way." (p. 1371)

"Some buy idols and worship them; in their stubborn-mindedness, they make pilgrimages to sacred shrines" (p. 1371)

"They bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, making offerings of flowers, and burning incense before idols." (p. 465)

"Your idol does not feed the hungry, or save the dying" (p. 1271)

These are all direct quotes from the SGGS so they are fact and not just made up off some website with its own agenda. Anyone can look these up in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib who has command of the Gurmukhi script or a good translation. These are just some of MANY quotes from the scriptures that address the negativity of pilgrimage and/or idol worship. Before you run around making unfounded, ignorant, and unsubstantiated remarks, maybe the research should be done more carefully.

to clarify the last point, we also don't pray through the Kaaba :D

Praying towards signifies that it is the direction that's important.....we all pray in the same direction.

(and before you say, "well why not pray toward the south pole?", if we did there would be someone else asking "well why not pray toward the north pole?", "well why not pray toward everest?" ad-infinatum. It's a moot point, the fact that it's one direction is more important than the direction itself...after all, muslims prayed towards jerusalem before being directed to face the kiblah oh so many years ago.

So basically, Muslims pray towards kabaa for no reason?

Is it an opinion or there are references? I'm just asking bcaz I've seen "I don't know the reason" often modified into into , "there is no reason".

Going back to the topic at ahnd... If there are references posted, along with a Sikh's testimonial about the religion being monotheistic, then It's childish to dispute that ...I think.

Peace

With the name of Allah ( God Almighty ) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continuously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

I had a quick look. few comments & questions.

1. To Christians: pl. show verse from holy Bible that allows to pray to saints. I read Bible. It says, God is very jealous . if u take other lords besides HIM, he will take revenge. So, pray to Mother Mary (p) & other saints will surely make HIM angry.

I m not interested about the explanation ur Church gave u . pl. justify ur prayer to saints by showing Biblical verses.

2. I read in a revet story that confession should be 2 ways . That means, if only u confess to priest & he does not do the same to u , then it's not the right way of confession & ur sin won't be removed. Anyway , Muslims believe ,it's only Allah ( One true God ) can forgive sin . so, we must not go to other human being for confession.

3. Sikhs believes Muslims killed their god. So, how it's possible that Sikhism is a part of Islam ? Islam says , there is no god but God. No one can kill God.

With the name of Allah ( God Almighty ) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continuously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

&&&

I had a quick look. few comments & questions.

1. To Christians: pl. show verse from holy Bible that allows to pray to saints. I read Bible. It says, God is very jealous . if u take other lords besides HIM, he will take revenge. So, pray to Mother Mary (p) & other saints will surely make HIM angry.

I m not interested about the explanation ur Church gave u . pl. justify ur prayer to saints by showing Biblical verses.

2. I read in a revet story that confession should be 2 ways . That means, if only u confess to priest & he does not do the same to u , then it's not the right way of confession & ur sin won't be removed. Anyway , Muslims believe ,it's only Allah ( One true God ) can forgive sin . so, we must not go to other human being for confession.

3. Sikhs believes Muslims killed their god. So, how it's possible that Sikhism is a part of Islam ? Islam says , there is no god but God. No one can kill God.

I don't think Sikhs believe that muslims killed their GOD!!

Maybe their gurus or their prophets, but not their god. That would be a bit silly.

Salaams

I had a quick look. few comments & questions.................

In my opinion, christian/sikh forums will be better suited to get the answers.

Peace

This topic's arguments do not make any sense. Most of you claim to be on the side of God. Yet none of you realize that you are all arguing against him by continually using the words Muslim, Hindu, Chirstian, Sikh. God is the creater of all these beings and the religions themselves. Their is no other creator but God. He make somethings tall and somethings dark. He gives pleasures to some and pain to others. This is his will. There is no other being as great as God and only a being as great as God can understand God's intentions. Thus NO ONE can understand how powerfull/great/unchanging he is.

In Sikhism [skip this paragraph if you do not want to learn about Sikhism] it says that the person who truly loves God will see him in ALL. It also says that only FOOLS try to describe God. Their isnt enough ink in the universe nor the paper that could write his account. Who are you to question his will? Who are you to try to recite words and try to prove that someone else is unpleasing to God when you yourself do not and cannot understand God. Reading Sikhism I am always reminded that it is the state of mind that God loves not the state of physical being.

If you can reach the loving state of mind any way you can it will be considered the right path to God. But if your mind is deluted by hate and seperates God's loved ones into groups that can be considered high and low, then you can have the Karan, the bible, the Guru Granth Sahib memorized. It will NOT bring you any closer to God.

I am a Sikh. God is my love. You can send me to hell/heaven it will not affect my love of God. If you praise me you should have praised God, if you talk down to me, it will still not affect my love of God.

Sikhs do not care to reach Heaven or fear Hell. (Sikhs do believe in heaven and hell and it says that their are meny heavens above heaven and their are many hells below hell) All they see is God and nothing else. Once they die they hope to merge back with the great primal being. Like a drop of water merging back into the great vast limitless ocean.

PS: I do not understand when people say the Bible/Karan has had X amounts of facts proven, and thus it must be true. How does this have anything to do with God? The Gurus always regarded "miracles" as a waist of time. Time that should have been used in trying to meditate on and understand God.

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm[/url]

&&&

I m in a hurry , I will try to find that story where an ex-Sikh wrote that her mom or grand ma told that Muslims are bad ‘ cause they killed their god. May be , some Sikhs believe , God became man & visited the earth just like Christians believe God became human being & Jews killed god.

If u believe in Heaven , then why don't u care about going to heaven ? Will u explain ur this belief , pl.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm[/url]

&&&

related links:

Was Guru Nanak a Prophet of God?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1123996016444&pagename=IslamOnline-English-AAbout_Islam%2FAskAboutIslamE%2FAskAboutIslamE"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...FAskAboutIslamE[/url]

Sikhism and Hinduism in Islamic Perspective

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546838"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...d=1119503546838[/url]

few lines from Was Guru Nanak a Prophet of God?

On his fourth great journey, he dressed in the blue garb of a Muslim pilgrim and traveled to Makkah.

When Nanak returned home to Punjab after having spent a lifetime of traveling abroad and setting up missions, people came from far and near to hear his hymns and preaching.

After Nanak’s death in September 1539, his Hindu followers thought him to be a Hindu and his Muslim followers thought him to be a Muslim. It was his later disciples who gave shape to a new religion, of which Nanak is considered the First Guru.

the first question you need to ask your Sikh friend is: Did Nanak really claim to be a prophet chosen by God to lead people out of darkness into light?

If the answer is “no,†tell him that this proves that prophethood was conferred on him by his zealous followers and it is meaningless to continue to argue that Nanak was a prophet.

If the answer is “yes,†the second question is: Did Nanak approve of the roles of earlier prophets of God, especially the prophet who came just before him, Muhammad (peace be on him)?

If he says “yes,†ask him then how one can reconcile the fact that Muhammad was the Last Prophet of God and the claim that Nanak was a prophet after the Last Prophet.

The third question is whether all the Sikhs believe that their holy book, called the Adi Granth, was revealed to Nanak by God. If they say “yes,†ask them whether there is any statement to that effect in the book itself and whether Nanak said that the Adi Granth had been fully revealed to him by God. If the answer is in the affirmative, your Sikh friend has to show the proof that the above statements are true, from the Adi Granth itself

&&&

Why I left Sikhism to Revert to Islam!!!!!!!!!

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_leavingsikhism.freewebspace.co/index.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_leavingsikhism.freewebspace.co

/index.html[/url]

The more I studied it the more I got scared, the fact that Islam might be the right religon shook me.

I couldn't give it up, my pride this is who I was a sikh, my anncestors faught to their death so they could keep their faith.

Here is some of what i learned.....

1) Sikhism doesn't believe in prophethood

since i was a little I asked my mom why did muslims kill our gods? He was god mom why didn't god kill the muslims. My mom's answer was he wanted to show them.. show them what mom? her answer was shut up u ask to many questions! I did further research and found out that this was part of guru's plans if they wanted they could have done magic but did not want to.. sureee okay.

why would god allow mere humans to kill him?

So god can die?

If god can't protect himself how is he gonna help me?

god bleeds like me?

Then some say they were sent down from the akal purath to show the way they had a part of god in them. Fiar enough but first off thats wrong guru granth says that it denounces prophethood. Secondly if only a part of god is with them then why do we worship his creation why not worship the almighty himself. Thats like saying imma go worship my mom. Don't even deny it you know ur parents are sure enough to have pictures of guru Nanak and guru gobind singh ji somewhere in the house. And u know ur parents fold their hand and pray to them.

When i use to read Nitnama Bani, I use to read passages which said I seek protection under guru gobind singh ji's sword. Guru Gobind singh ji died, if he couldn't protect himself with his own sword i don't think that sword is gonna do much for me or anybody else.

2) Sikhism is confused about believing in one god

Guru Nanak Dev Ji was the one who said ik onkar (there is 1 god). But Asking my parents and varoius Baba's at the gudwara and even discovering it myself. that in fact Ik onkar means all the guru's are one. Maybe Guru Nanak did mean there is one god but afterwards something happened along the way?

3) Guru Nanak was a muslim!!

Guru Nanak's chola which is kept by a chosen Gursikh family has in arabic the words written on it La illa ilallah muhhamdur rusool Allah. It is said he gave it to his followers. There are pictures of it on the internet if you think I am lying. He went to mecca medina which everybody knows.

If u are a muslim u very well know no non-muslims are aloud there. It's strictly for believers only. There is story which says Guru Nanak was sleeping with his feet towards the Kabbah when he arrived at mecca and a man asked him to move his feet. when the man would turn the feet of Guru Nanak his feet would go back in the same place facing the Kabbah. And supposably the man was shocked and thought Guru Nanak was a saint.

This story cann't make sense at all!!

First off If that were true and Nanak had his feet in the direction of the kabbah they would have killed him no questions asked. Its tottal disrespect, and besides why would he come all that way to do hajj and then disrespect it like that. It just makes no sense.

Mecca is an extremly religious place u can't just expect to do that and nothing happen to you. If guru Nanak thought the Kabbah was nothing then he would not have made the trouble to do pilgrimage there. If he claims there is no hindu no muslims why did he go perform hajj.

When you perform Hajj your very lucky if you get some string from the Kabbah which he did and those very strings are in a gudwara in India. I've seen them for myself.

4) Guru Amar Das changed things

Its believed by many that he changed alot of guru Nanaks writings around and or added his own thing in.

5) Why is it all the sikh gods died?

6) Sikhism and Hinduism very alike

For those who do not already know the geeta has very digusting things in it, hindu's don't like to admit it but Kama sutra is considered religious text. Hindu's are idol worshipers. There are stories of their gods jerking off we dont need to get into detail. Guru Granth praises the Hindu gods, talks about them.

Why is this that the guru granth can even have these idol gods and perverted gods in a sikh book. There are passages that talk about hinduism and thier gods and their worships basically not denoucing it saying it too is a way of worship

Also my mom told me That there was this hindu god I dunno her name she had a small mandir and there was a big gudwara next to it, she said to one of the guru's. Ur temple is so big nobody will come to my mandir it is so small. From that day forth guru said to her from now on for those who come to worship at this temple have to first go to the mandir and pray there.

Sikhs in india actually do that today and even have this godesses picture in thier house its the one with the multiple arms.

7) Sikhs believe all religons is a way to god

If this is so then why were the guru's so against Islam. I mean wasn't it them wou said follow whatever they are all the path to god? Then why is it that sikhs don't allow to cut hair and eat meat and others fiaths allow it but they still can go to god? Hmm i dunno sounds like somebody got confused.

8) Behavior at Amritsar

Amritsar is the holliest sikh place. Why would god allow it to be attacked the way it was have women being gang-raped. Children killed men murdered. The Guru granth urinated on and set on fire? Also i have heard this from so many sikh ladies when they go to amritsar men will walk by and grab their private parts walk away as though nothing happened. This is suppose to be a holly place and this kind of stuff happens i feel more safer in my house. Its sickening that men will do this, I cannot understand why god would allow this to happen? Sexuall assult at a holy sikh temple ... DISGUSTING

9)Guru's lies

The guru's say that all religons lead to the path of god. If this is so why is it if your not amrit shak (baptized sikh) and did not lead a good life you don't go to heaven, in fact you are re-incarnated and this is an ongoing cycle until u become amrit shak and lead a good life!! So whats with the contradictions.

No religon is perfect if so thing contradict with other then they are not the words of god.

I just want to say to all the sikhs out there that U cannot be mad at the muslims for what happened all those years ago. The ones that are to blame are those mongols who commited the crime. Allah will punish them for what they have done.

in the quran it says:

"If someone kills another person,it is as if he had murdered all mankind. And if anyone gives life to another person, it is as if he had given life to all mankind. Our Messengers came to them with Clear Signs but even after that many of them committed outrages in the earth. (Surat al-Ma'ida: 32)

Also think about it u can't force convert anybody. Faith is what is already in you it what u are. If I came to you and said convert to Hinduism or u will die, and u said okay sure. Then i leave, how am I suppose to know if u did it from the heart or not u can show something on the outside and be something else on the inside.

also in the quran it says that u cannot force anybody to convert Allah guides whom he wills and sets astray whom he wills.

If you are thinking of converting here are some helpful sites

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamalways(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamalways(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamyesterday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamyesterday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamtomorow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamtomorow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.harunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.harunyahya(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.lightuponligh(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.lightuponligh(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

I wrote this to show sikhs the truth not to disprespect anybody or hurt anybody. Im very glad Allah SWT has shown me the right way Alhamdillah. I pray he opens others heart as he has opened mine. you can't escape the miracles of the quran, there are no miracles in the sikh book. I know Ive read it, i've studied it. So i know what im talking about. But the pride away just for a moment and think about what i said.

Then everything will become clear to you

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.miraclesofthequran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.miraclesofthequran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

visit this site and see the miracles

If anybody has any questions feel free to ask

Edited by bluesky

1) Sikhism doesn't believe in prophet-hood

Their is me, the Guru and God. That's all that matters in Sikhism. It doesn't matter if Mohammad or Jesus comes to me and opens the doors of heaven. This world and its pleasures are useless to a Sikh. I am the Sikh. The Guru is the path and God is the destination. No need for a prophet. I don't need anyone to tell me how to live longer or what food is the healthiest. Just how to reach God.

2) Sikhism is confused about believing in one god

First line of the Guru Granth Sahib says One God. In the language that the Guru Granth Sahib was written it has a character specifically to represent God and it is always followed by the number 1. Thus saying 1 God.

3) Guru Nanak was a Muslim!!

The Guru might have been born in what ever religion, but the purpose of him to come to this world was to make people into Saints. No prophet or any other being was ever sent to earth to do this. In order to do this he talked about God in hymns and prayers which had nothing to do with Muslims or Hindus. In many occasions he pointed out flaws in the current religions. The main flaw he always pointed out in a Muslim was that even knowing the knowledge of God they do not follow it nor understand it. Many wrong actions that people did under the name of Islam, the Guru pointed to the Koran and said what they were breaking. Knowing the fact that they were disobying the Qoran they continued on. And those who had the power forced changes upon their version of the Quran. The presentation of knowledge of God in Islam does not motivate the Reader to become a person that God will accept. These are a few of the differences between Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Islam. Until I hear someone besides a Sikh say I see God in all, I will remain to believe that Sikhism is the only true religion.

"when the man would turn the feet of Guru Nanak his feet would go back in the same place facing the Kabbah. And supposedly the man was shocked and thought Guru Nanak was a saint." - This story can't make sense at all!!

Fool! Mecca moved around the Gurus feet not that the feet kept moving back. The whole Mecca moved to where the Guru's feet would point. He was making a point that God was everywhere and praying in only one direction is as useless as the Hindus believing that throwing water in the direction of the sun will make the water reach their ancestors.

4) Guru Amar Das changed things?

I am not sure what you are talking about but all of the 10 Gurus and now the Guru Granth Sahib had/have the same soul. So even though they had different bodies it was/is the same person in all. Even if Guru Amar Das Ji did change something it would have been the same person doing the changes.

5) Why is it all the Sikh gods died?

Their is no such thing as a Sikh God.

6) Sikhism and Hinduism very alike

The Guru Granth Sahib never praises the Hindu Gods. It always says that they are not to be respected. It always says that just by saying God's name one can achieve the status of any of these so called Godly beings.

The story about the Hindu mandir is not true. But I am sure that their might be a Gurudwara where that is told. I recently went to India and I saw a lot things that a "Sikh" should never be doing. A Sikh is to only bow down the Guru Granth Sahib and nothing else.

7) Sikhs believe all religons is a way to god

Sikhs are not to assume that only Sikhs have the ability to reach God. The reason that Sikhs do not go around converting people FORCEFULLY, is because the love between God and one's self is personal. It can only be initiated by God. Having knowledge of Sikhism guarantees that one will know the path and that God has indeed initiated relationship between the devotee and God. The devotee still has to make the effort to strengthen the relationship with God.

Teaching ones self that only I am right will take you far away from God. Anything and everything that happens is God's will. Why are you worried about others? You should be worried about the only thing that you can effect. Your own relationship with God.

8) Behavior at Amritsar

Much of what you hear is false propaganda. The original struggle between the freedom of Sikhs in India has been deluded by propaganda by the Indian government.

There was a Gurudwara in Katrina. The Sikhs went on a rescue mission to bring out the Guru Granth Sahib. When they went into, they saw the Guru Granth Sahib floating above the water. Not a page was touched by a drop of water.

(www.)"http://timesofindia.indiatimes####/articleshow/1225099.cms"]timesofindia.indiatimes#

####/articleshow/1225099.cms[/url]

Many religions argue why God lets "evil" things happen. The Sikhism respond to this is: Those who have no love for God are useless. Anything can happen to them and no one will care. Their are countless people who do bad deeds. Those who have God's love in their hearts, God protects them from every direction. These people are also countless! Even if you look around and you see more bad people then good, you have to remember that God is infinite. Thus even if the ratio between two things is .1 to 99.9, when the series goes to infinity, the ratio is considered equal. This is also the same reason as why there are as many positive numbers as positive and even combined.

9) Guru's lies

That is such a hurtful thing to hear. You have just dishonored God. I fear for you. Fool. If I could hit you upside your head to make you realize your mistake I would. But I know it will not help you realize your mistake. Their is nothing I can do to help you.

That is another reason Sikhs do not look down at other people's beliefs.

Waheguru, you are the giver. Good and bad you give to all. People who slander you are I do not want to be in company with. Your true love, I cannot achieve with anything/anyone else. Waheguru.

I would never say Mohammad lies. I would never say you lie. Only fools believe that they are worth something that they can look down at others. I am the most worthless. You are the most priceless. How come you still hold me so close to you. How great is your power how great is your love that you would shower such love on such a lowly being as myself.

Sikhism has shown me God's love. Their is no other truth but God. I no longer need the knowledge of anything else. God has blessed me!

I started to write this to show others about Sikhism's greatness. But i guess it turned out I had not realized it myself how great it is.

It has just hit me.

PS: You talk about miracles but can Koran give me the miracle of falling in love with God!!!!!! Reading stories of miracles is as useless as thinking about food while you are downing.

bwt here is the link again. It did not show up right. timesofindia.indiatimes/articleshow/1225099.cms

if it still doesnt load, Google "katrina Guru Granth Sahib"

&&&

*The Guru is the path and God is the destination. No need for a prophet

-------how a Guru is chosen ? If u think ,there is no need for a Prophet , then why u think u need Guru ? Do u believe , Gurus have power to accept ur prayers & they can give u something ? Why Sikhs pray like this ---- I seek protection under guru gobind singh ji's sword.

why not say , i seek refuge in God ? If u believe in God , then pray directly to God is better or not?

* The presentation of knowledge of God in Islam does not motivate the Reader to become a person that God will accept.

-----pl. explain. Did u read Holy Quran ?

*These are a few of the differences between Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Islam.

----- what are these differences?

*Until I hear someone besides a Sikh say I see God in all, I will remain to believe that Sikhism is the only true religion.

--- Hindus see God in all. So, u believe Hinduism is also true ? But , u mentioned that Hundus deities are not respected to u.

I heard a lecture of Dr. Zakir Naik. He told that :

Difference between Islam and Hinduism is ‘s’

(Everything is ‘God’s’ - everything is ‘God’):

The major difference between the Hindu and the Muslim is that the common Hindu believes in philosophy of Pantheism i.e. everything is God, the tree is God, the sun is God, the moon is God, the snake is God, the monkey is God, the human being is God.

The Muslims believe that everything is God’s. God with and apostrophe ‘s’. Everything belongs to God, the tree belongs to God, the sun belongs to God, the moon belongs to God, monkey belongs to God, the human being belongs to God.

Thus the major difference between the Hindus and the Muslims is the apostrophe ‘s’. The Hindu says everything is God. The Muslim says everything is God’s, God with an apostrophe ‘s’. If we can solve the difference of the apostrophe ‘s’, the Hindus and the Muslims will be united.

The Holy Qur’an says, “Come to common terms as between us and you”, which is the first term? “That we worship none but Allah ( God Almighty)

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.irf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/irf/download/index.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.irf(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/irf/download/index.htm[/url]

*Fool! Mecca moved around the Gurus feet

----what proof do u have ?

*all of the 10 Gurus and now the Guru Granth Sahib had/have the same soul

------ Ur Holy Book has any such verse ? pl. show me .

*A Sikh is to only bow down the Guru Granth Sahib and nothing else.

--------------- U don't bow down to God but the Guru Granth Sahib?

*Why are you worried about others?

-----because we love & care for them . We don't want to see them in fire.

*When they went into, they saw the Guru Granth Sahib floating above the water. Not a page was touched by a drop of water.

-------Muslims would love to show u that after earthquake or other disaster , some Masjids and copies of Holy Quran were intact.

*Many religions argue why God lets "evil" things happen. The Sikhism respond to this is: Those who have no love for God are useless. Anything can happen to them

----does it mean that those who are good don't suffer in this world ?

“Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your tail), but give Glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.”

Holy Quran ; Surah Baqarah, Chapter 2, Verse 155

*Fool. If I could hit you upside your head to make you realize your mistake I would

-------Woooooooow :D nice teaching style . Which Guru taught u that? :D

*Waheguru, you are the giver

------ what's the meaning of Waheguru ? Do u pray to Guru or God ?

* You talk about miracles but can Koran give me the miracle of falling in love with God!!!!!!

---- to know about Quran , u may visit these links.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.miraclesofthequran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.miraclesofthequran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

Watch the movie "THE MIRACLES OF THE QURAN"

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.miraclesofthequran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/film.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.miraclesofthequran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/film.html[/url]

Did you know? –

1. The Quran is exactly the same today in the Arabic language as it was over 1,400 years ago.

2. Over NINE MILLION Muslims Memorized the Entire Quran.

3. 9,000,000 + Muslims living today have memorized the entire Quran in the original Arabic language. But surprisingly over 75% of all Muslims are not Arab.

4 .And did you know?

1,500,000,000 Muslims have memorized a least a few surahs (chapters)?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

Alif. Lam. Ra. (This is) a Scripture which We have revealed unto thee (Muhammad) that thereby thou mayst bring forth mankind from darkness unto light, by the permission of their Lord, unto the path of the Mighty, the Owner of Praise, (Holy Qur'aan, Surah Ibrahim 14:1)

Quran

Is the divine and the final book of God revealed to his Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) for the benefit of all mankind.

It contains a complete code for all areas of life, whether spiritual, intellectual, political, social or economic. It is a code which has no boundaries of time, place or race. It has been revealed to establish the sincere worship for God alone, without association of any partners with him.

By the way, u can't post link here properly until u submit 50 posts.....bad rule :D

Edited by bluesky

I guess I will explain to you how I view this world from the teachings of Sikhism. I am pretty sure my view is not exact (given that I barely know the Guru Granth Sahib), but once you know my view you might see where I am coming from.

To begin with, The only being that exists is God. Their is no world no humans no nothing. All that was, is and will be is God.

But we exist. I see all these other people and things and objects. I see all of these things but why don't I see God in any of this? If he is the only one that exists and all else is false why cant I talk to him, why cant I see him?

To begin what we see around us is God's play. He enjoys beholding his creation for what reasons NO one can tell. Only god knows the reasons for his creation. This creations is also a part of him. Since nothing else exists besides God thus concluding that even his creation is himself.

To answer the second question of why we cannot see him if he is everywhere. Guru Gobind Singh wrote a prayer describing this. He starts out by saying that God has no properties such as color, patterns, marks or signs that represent him. This also means he does not favor any being/thing based off of the physical features. This also includes religion, the language one speaks, one's sex, and any other features that can be recognize using the senses. The letters we use to represent God do not actually represent him. They are a sign only for us so WE can use it to point to God. It is the reader's conclusion that it represents God. He can not be described by using physical means. Upon hearing this one of the Pandits rose up and questioned the Guru, that if their is no sign, no physical representation of God, then he does not exist. The Guru then went on to describe God by describing his non-physical features. I do not remember the name of the prayer, but from researching online I think it is called the "Sawaiya". And from wikipedia someone has written about how the Guru described god. "He is Omniscient, Omnipotent, the Sublime, The Transcendent, the Supreme Being. He is the Creator, Without hate, Without fear, Beyond time, Not incarnated, Self-existent, the Enlightener. He always takes care of his followers. In these compositions, the false hoods of people who masquerade as saints have been exposed."

Ok so now given that all that is around us is God and that we are all his creation, and he views all of his creation as equal, because he does not become attached like we do to physical features, we can go on to study religion's purpose is. In order to study religion we have to study who we are relative to God. We are in actuality a part of God. We use our five senses to view the world and in doing so we do not realize who we are. We end up placing ourselves into categories and such. Now the purpose of religion is to make us realize the truth. The truth being God. Having talked to people of other religions you can see the affect that religion has had on that person. Most religions focus very little on God, the truth. Most focus on creating a "community" a group. They exclude all others who do not believe their views. A good example of this is Islam, where everyone besides a Muslim is considered to not be able to reach God. Viewing all other religions and what these religions do, I would not say Sikhism is a religion. The reason being that right when you say something is a religion, the thought of an exclusive community comes to mind. Sikhism is above this. Now when one says that their are many paths to reach God, this means that their are many ways to make one realize the truth. Some people leave humanity and go to the forest so they can concentrate only on God. This has worked for some. So it can be considered a path to God. Sikhism however regards such behavior as ignorance. This is because the effects that living in the forest are not needed in order to reach God. Before I get too deep into this let me get back to Sikhism. Sikhism teaches us how to live in this world as humans, and still reach God. Sikhism says that it is the status of the mind that makes us realize the truth. Not the features of the physical being. Thus things like praying towards one direction or going to holy places do not necessarily help one reach God. It might have sides effects like living in the forest that do bring you to realize truth, but never the less it is foolish. This is literally like hitting something that is broken to fix it instead of trying to figure out the problem and then fix it that way. Hitting the object might cause the right thing to happen but it is not guaranteed. Sikhism's path is guaranteed because God sent the Guru for the purpose of making Saints out of men. Unlike the Koran, which focuses on miracles to convince one to join their "way", the Guru NEVER has said to pray to him or show any miracles to convey someone to join. The Guru has always reminds us to pray only to God. The Guru has never considered himself to be above any other. In many parts of the Guru Granth Sahib, the Guru says that he is the dust at feet of God's saints. Sikhism through the Guru is the path to God. That is all that it is.

From Sikhism's teachings: I am to trust the Guru more then I trust what is in front of me. This is because following what I see in front of me is how I forgot God to begin with.

"-------how a Guru is chosen ? If u think ,there is no need for a Prophet , then why u think u need Guru ? Do u believe , Gurus have power to accept ur prayers & they can give u something ? Why Sikhs pray like this ---- I seek protection under guru gobind singh ji's sword."

From what I know the prophets did not teach the Muslim, Christians, or the Jews how to reach God. They might have talked of God and those fortunate enough to focus only on God might have reached him through the path of these religions. But their are many more who use their religions as symbols of status and separate mankind. One can say that this is caused only by false followers, but the prophet should have known that such things could happen. Separating God's loved ones leads you away from God. I do not know the definition of Prophet, but the True Guru is the teacher who teaches one about the truth. A guru is not chosen by men but was chosen by God. He has a single soul which now resides in the Guru Granth Sahib. The Guru Granth Sahib is the final Guru. It is not the Guru that accepts the prayers but he is the one that teaches us how to pray to God. Once we learn how one can understand God, they begin to talk directly to God. As non saints we depend greatly one the Guru's love and his teachings. This human life is one of the only times that we can reach God. Those who try to take it away also try to take away our ability to reach God. Muslims and other religious people often think that they need to force people into becoming/realizing their views, but I have already found the truth. As a non saint I have no power stop my self from dieing. In praying, to be protected from the Guru's sword, is like begging God that I know I am a fool, I have not realized the truth (I might have found it), please protect me from this world so I can continue trying. The Guru is the only being that can protect us from this world so we can realize the truth. Thus we ask him to protect us.

"why not say , i seek refuge in God ? If u believe in God , then pray directly to God is better or not?"

It is better to pray directly to God, but your untrained body and mind cannot keep the focus to do so. Those who do become saints gain a priceless jewel that no one can talk away from them. Thus they don't need to seek refuge from anything in this world. You can give them pain or pleasure it will be the same to them because they have realized the truth. Thus those who fear the world, fear it because they don't have the truth, and those who do have the truth do not ask for refuge, because the only valuable thing that they have cannot be taken away from them. That is also the reason why Sikhs happily place their heads on the palm of their hand when the need arises.

"* The presentation of knowledge of God in Islam does not motivate the Reader to become a person that God will accept.

-----pl. explain. Did u read Holy Quran ?"

This conclusion cannot be obtained by reading the Quran. It can only be obtained by studying those who practice it. A good example of this is when someone drew a cartoon of Mohammad. The Islamic community was out raged, But when a person named Mohammad does a terrorist act why don't Muslims take as a sign of disrespect to Mohammad? Their is only one reason that I can see. That is because, they themselves support such acts. If their was someone who could be considered a "true" Muslim that could follow the Quran, he/she did not stand up. Thus proving the point that either Islam does not view these terrorist acts as bad, thus making the religion false, or like I said before Muslims just praise their writing and do not actually follow it.

"*These are a few of the differences between Guru Nanak Dev Ji and Islam.

----- what are these differences? "

The differences are described above and I will explain them again:

1. Islam separates mankind by making a group called Muslims and non Muslims. The Guru on the other hand views all as equal in the eyes of God.

2. The Guru only focuses on God and how one can realize him, while Islam goes about describing bits and pieces of his creation.

I am sorry but if you don't see the differences yourself then either you did not read about Sikhism or you did not read about Islam. In either case you do not care about this discussion.

"*Until I hear someone besides a Sikh say I see God in all, I will remain to believe that Sikhism is the only true religion.

--- Hindus see God in all. So, u believe Hinduism is also true ? But , u mentioned that Hundus deities are not respected to u."

If Hindus did see God in all then why would they try to break his greatness into small tangible beings? Seeing God in all means that you see equality in all. The Hindu goes to a specific temple for a specific reason. Money, love, health, luck, and other such things.

"*Fool! Mecca moved around the Gurus feet

----what proof do u have ? "

Like I said before Sikhs don't care for miracles. It is just something that happened and I take it to be true. Also other artifacts/stories from that time can be proven true. The city of Panjasahib in Pakistan was made because Guru Nanak stopped a rock with his hands that a person threw from a mountain. This summer I went there and saw it for myself. Also by the rock is a spring which provides clear water to the Gurudwara there. On the rock is the Guru Ji's hand print. Some say that when they have riots against the Sikhs there, that people often try to smash the hand print with rocks and make it go away, but it continues to remain.

"*all of the 10 Gurus and now the Guru Granth Sahib had/have the same soul

------ Ur Holy Book has any such verse ? pl. show me ."

"Guru manio Granth". Is said in our Ardaas.

"*A Sikh is to only bow down the Guru Granth Sahib and nothing else.

--------------- U don't bow down to God but the Guru Granth Sahib?"

If you read my description above, bowing to any physical thing and thinking of it as God is wrong because you are saying that that thing represents God. God is detached from all signs colors and patterns. Mentally you can bow down to God. Physically you bow down to the Guru. Once you become a Saint all this becomes useless. At your will you communicate with God.

"*Why are you worried about others?

-----because we love & care for them . We don't want to see them in fire."

Only god can take care of others. In Gurbani their is a metaphor that goes like this "You shouldn't watch over someone else's land if you cannot watch over your own." And those who have reached God, even fire does not burn them.

"*When they went into, they saw the Guru Granth Sahib floating above the water. Not a page was touched by a drop of water.

-------Muslims would love to show u that after earthquake or other disaster , some Masjids and copies of Holy Quran were intact."

Like I said before, Sikhs don't care for miracles. God protects them and if something the can be considered a "miracle" happens, no one is surprised.

"*Many religions argue why God lets "evil" things happen. The Sikhism respond to this is: Those who have no love for God are useless. Anything can happen to them

----does it mean that those who are good don't suffer in this world ?"

THAT IS A VERY!! GOOD question!!!! I am so glad you asked this. No they do not suffer in this world. Their was a Sikh who was being forced to become a Muslim, and he refused. He was told that he would be cut joint by joint. He said I do not care, my love for Sikhi greatly exceeds my love with this body. So the torturer was ordered to cut him joint by joint. Feeling merciful, he began from the join of the hand and the Sikh said NO why are disobeying your orders. My first joint is at the fingers. He asked to begin from the fingers so he would have enough time to say his prayer. His love with God kept him from suffering from this world.

Their was another man who was told to cut his hair give up Sikhi and become a Muslim. He refused. He was ordered to have his scalp removed. Before receiving his punishment he said to the person who was trying to force him, that you will die under my shoes. After having his scalp removed, the Sikh lived for a few weeks. The person who ordered this on the other hand caught a very bad illness. This illness was so pain full, that it would not kill him nor would it let him go of the pain. Finally listening to Sikh he had his head hit by the Sikh's shoes and he finally died. This story I can prove to be true, because this summer i went to Pakistan in Lahore. Their still stands the building where the Sikh remained after having his scalp removed. Near by their is the grave of the person who ordered the punishment. When I went there, people did not tell us of the story. They did tell us that this was where the Sikh with so and so name died. They however, had the grave of the torturer maintained with a new cloth over it and everything. Only when I came back to America was I told of the story and put the name and the location together.

Another instance is when a Sikh was ordered to be cut in half from head to toe. Before they started cutting him he started a prayer. They finished cutting him before he finished the prayer but you could hear him finish the prayer in both halfs of his body.

As you can see these were some of the worst deaths. Yet these people were in love with God, thus they did not feel any pain.

"“Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods or lives or the fruits (of your tail), but give Glad tidings to those who patiently persevere.â€

Holy Quran ; Surah Baqarah, Chapter 2, Verse 155 "

I refuse to talk about holy text, as the writer wrote it in love of God (I assume). Who am I to analyze it? It teaches patience and I agree that reaching God requires patience.

"*Fool. If I could hit you upside your head to make you realize your mistake I would

-------Woooooooow thumbsup.gif nice teaching style . Which Guru taught u that? tongue.gif"

The Gurus did not teach me that. That's why I prayed after i spoke those words. I am still a fool. My mind flies from one thought to the next. Only the merciful lord knows why such beings speak such things.

"*Waheguru, you are the giver

------ what's the meaning of Waheguru ? Do u pray to Guru or God ?"

Waheguru is another word for God. Like I said above that our words only mean what the reader understands them to be. Holding the love of God in my heart is all that matters. Speaking in the words I did was the only way I could put in text.

"* You talk about miracles but can Koran give me the miracle of falling in love with God!!!!!!

---- to know about Quran , u may visit these links."

I don't want to speak negatively about the Quran.

"Did you know? –

1. The Quran is exactly the same today in the Arabic language as it was over 1,400 years ago.

2. Over NINE MILLION Muslims Memorized the Entire Quran.

3. 9,000,000 + Muslims living today have memorized the entire Quran in the original Arabic language. But surprisingly over 75% of all Muslims are not Arab.

4 .And did you know?

1,500,000,000 Muslims have memorized a least a few surahs (chapters)?"

How many of the millions you talk about have reached God? If you can find just one who has, I would love to talk to them. Because, their is no difference between a Saint and God!!! Also when you do, note how much he looks like a Sikh. Their hair uncut. Their love of god written all over their face.

I guess Ill say some facts about Sikhi too.

Muslims have said: A rupee for a head of a Sikh.

Christian have said: You will read about the Sikh in the history books.

Hindus have said: Don't spare anyone who stands to defend the Golden Temple.

Imagine how easy it is in this day of age to convince someone to change their view. Money and fear of death works. Also keep in mind how easy it is to distinguish a Sikh from a non Sikh. Now if you had the whole world out to kill you and you are still standing today what does this say about Sikhism? It is truly in the hands of God.