Islamic Forum
- IQRA -

Sikh's And Hindu's

:D / greetings

Ok this really looks like an interesting read but just as a side note can you both please quote each other properly? :D

Im finding myself reading extra info and its really :D

just highlight the text/sentence and select this button: quote.gif

PropellerAds

With the name of Allah ( God Almighty ) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continuously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/MOSQUE/ARABICSCRIPT/AYAT/1/1_1.htm[/url]

&&&

I guess I will explain to you how I view this world from the teachings of Sikhism. I am pretty sure my view is not exact (given that I barely know the Guru Granth Sahib), but once you know my view you might see where I am coming from.

To begin with, The only being that exists is God. Their is no world no humans no nothing. All that was, is and will be is God.

---I don't see much differences between Islam & Sikhism here. Quran tells us :

“He is Allah besides Whom there is no other god, knowing the unseen and the visible. He is the Most Gracious, the Most Merciful! He is Allah, besides Whom there is no other god, the Sovereign, the Holy, (the Source of) Peace, the Secure, the Preserver, the Powerful, the Irresistible, the Grandiose.

Glory be to Allah ahead of anything they may associate (with Him)! He is Allah, the Creator, the Evolver, the Shaper. His are the Finest Names. Everything in Heaven and Earth celebrates Him. He is the Powerful, the Wise.†(Qu’ran 59:22-24)

“Say: ‘Will you worship besides Allah something, which has no power either to harm or benefit you? But Allah is He Who hears and knows all things.’†(Qu’ran 5:76)

“Do they indeed ascribe to Him as partners things that can create nothing but are themselves created? No aid can they give them nor can they aid themselves! If you call them to guidance they will not obey. For you it is the same whether you call them or you hold your peace! Verily, those whom you call upon besides Allah are servants like you. Call upon them and let them listen to your prayer if you are truthful!†(Qu’ran 7:191-194)

This conclusion cannot be obtained by reading the Quran. It can only be obtained by studying those who practice it. A good example of this is when someone drew a cartoon of Mohammad. The Islamic community was out raged, But when a person named Mohammad does a terrorist act why don't Muslims take as a sign of disrespect to Mohammad? Their is only one reason that I can see. That is because, they themselves support such acts. If their was someone who could be considered a "true" Muslim that could follow the Quran, he/she did not stand up. Thus proving the point that either Islam does not view these terrorist acts as bad, thus making the religion false, or like I said before Muslims just praise their writing and do not actually follow it.

It's said that Islam has the best religion and the worst followers. So, to know about Islam , one should read Quran & the life of the last Prophet (p) .

Without reading Holy Quran , u think it's ok to make a negative comment about it that is sacred to more than a billion people ? U think, it will be ok for me or any other to make a same negative comment about ur holy Book ?

Ask about Islam. Submit ur question:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english/index.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english/index.shtml[/url]

O mankind! Lo! We have created you male and female, and have made you nations and tribes that ye may know one another. Lo! the noblest of you, in the sight of Allah, is the best in conduct. Lo! Allah is Knower, Aware. (Al-Hujurat 49:13)

Be upholders of justice, bearing witness for Allah alone, even against yourselves or your parents and relatives.

Whether they are rich or poor, Allah is well able to look after them. Do not follow your own desires and deviate from the truth. (An-Nisaa; chapter 4: verse 135 )

Good and evil are not alike. Repel evil with what is better. Then he, between whom and you there was hatred, will become as though he was a bosom friend." (Fussilat: 34)

1. Islam separates mankind by making a group called Muslims and non Muslims. The Guru on the other hand views all as equal in the eyes of God.

----so , there is no non-Sikhs & all equal persons will go to heaven ??? :D

"*Fool! Mecca moved around the Gurus feet

----what proof do u have ? "

Like I said before Sikhs don't care for miracles. It is just something that happened and I take it to be true. Also other artifacts/stories from that time can be proven true.

If u believe , Guru Nanak really visited Holy Macca ,then it means he was a Muslim ; because only Muslims are allowed to visit the holiest Masjid or u r trying to say that , the Kaaba shifted from Saudi Arabia & moved in to Punjab ???? Instead of apply emotion , pl. show some proof from neutral sources. If really that happened , then surely it was reported by many persons including Hindus, Muslims , Christians historians /writers etc. Show me some reporting by non-Muslims except Sikhs. I do believe in Miracles. So, pl take the trouble for me.

When they went into, they saw the Guru Granth Sahib floating above the water. Not a page was touched by a drop of water

-------Muslims would love to show u that after earthquake or other disaster , some Masjids and copies of Holy Quran were intact."

Like I said before, Sikhs don't care for miracles. God protects them and if something the can be considered a "miracle" happens, no one is surprised.

---If really don't believe in miracales , Then why did u mention all these???

"*Many religions argue why God lets "evil" things happen. The Sikhism respond to this is: Those who have no love for God are useless. Anything can happen to them

----does it mean that those who are good don't suffer in this world ?"

THAT IS A VERY!! GOOD question!!!! I am so glad you asked this. No they do not suffer in this world

Sorry , i did not understand. Are u trying to say that good people won't suffer in this world ? After the murder of Indira Gandhi , hundreds if not thousands of Sikhs were brutally murdered by Hindus in Indian. All those Sikhs were bad people ??? The kids who became orphans , what did they do ??? Why they suffered so much ?

Their was another man who was told to cut his hair give up Sikhi and become a Muslim. He refused. He was ordered to have his scalp removed. Before receiving his punishment he said to the person who was trying to force him, that you will die under my shoes.

---Muslims are not allowed to force anyone to accept Islam or kill any innocent person.

Muslims have said: A rupee for a head of a Sikh.

see above.

I can't find the sentence now...u wrote that there is no difference between a saint/gure and God , pl. explain more. Prophets are those who were chosen by God Almighty . Muslims don't only respect Prophet Muhammed (p) but other Prophets, too.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1119503549734&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar"] Taking Lessons From the Lives of Other Prophets[/url]

Allah has mentioned in the Quran that He sent messengers and guides among all people. We Muslims believe in all Allah's prophets and messengers who came before Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), who was the last prophet and messenger of Allah.

It is not only the Prophet Muhammad but also all previous prophets and messengers mentioned in the Quran who should serve as role models for us.

(Indeed in their stories [that is, the stories of the prophets] there is a lesson for men of understanding. This (Quran) is no invented tale but a confirmation of the previous (books), a detailed explanation of all things, a guidance and a mercy to people who believe) (Yusuf 12:111).

...... Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him), at the final moment of victory over his enemies who had persecuted him, used the very same words that Prophet Yusuf (peace and blessings be upon him) used in addressing his enemies: “Today, I shall not blame anyone of you. Rather I will only say to you what Prophet Yusuf told his tormenters, ‘You are all free to go!’†Still in a more general sense, this story of Yusuf has parallels in the history of every believer as he goes through the daily struggles of life

Excerpted, with slight modifications, from: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam.ca"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam.ca[/url]

Those who are disbelievers filled their hearts with fanatical rage - the fanatical rage of the Time of Ignorance – and Allah sent down serenity to His Messenger and to the believers, and bound them to the expression of taqwa which they had most right to and were most entitled to. Allah has knowledge of all things. (Surat al-Fath: 26)

What reason could you have for not fighting in the way of Allah for those men, women and children who are oppressed and say, 'Our Lord, take us out of this city whose inhabitants are wrongdoers! Give us a protector from You! Give us a helper from You!'? (Surat an-Nisa': 75)

They fulfil their vows and fear a day whose evil will spread far and wide. They give food, despite their love for it, to the poor and orphans and captives: 'We feed you only out of desire for the Face of Allah. We do not want any repayment from you or any thanks. Truly We fear from our Lord a glowering, calamitous day.' So Allah has safeguarded them from the evil of that day and has made them meet with radiance and pure joy. (Surat al-Insan: 7-11)

I started off by talking to one person. Then they stop and another comes. You dont read what others have said before you to me. Then you come out of no where and ask questions that would obviously be answered if you had read the previous posts.

This discussion started out by saying that Sikhs, because they do not follow Islam will go to hell.

"As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Any person who hears the message of Islam and rejects it, will be an inhabitant of Hell-fire."

"If God had found in them any good. He would indeed have made them listen: As it is, if He had made them listen, they would but have turned back and declined Faith. (Qur'an 8:23)"

Also some discredited Sikhism calling it a merge of Hinduism and Islam.

Then you had posts about a Sikh that converted and how they dissed out Sikhism.

Then you had other people who so confidently said wrong "facts" about Sikhism.

This offended me very much. I felt as if this community was trying to say that Sikhism was a joke and Islam was the only way.

I did not understand how a mere man could be so sure. Especially on a religious site such as this. If Islam's teaches do in fact get used in real life, no one would say that “You are wrongâ€. The only fact that one knows is that I myself am wrong. Who am I to judge others?

Then I remembered some of the reasons that The Gurus described as why Sikhism was different from Islam and why Sikhism is needed.

The main reason being, that Muslims who have power abuse it under the name of Islam. Islam doesn’t influence them enough to say that even though Thousands of men follow my words, if I do not earn God's love I am of no importance. They kill many who did not agree with them including other Muslims. This kind of hate before Sikhism could not be stopped. The Muslims who are true to the Quran can not stand up against to those who abuse their power under it. Even today this remains to be a fact.

I would like to add that Sikhs are thought to respect all religions. When there is Sikh rule, it would allow the true Muslims to practice their faith without having to fear another. (How it angers me to see women wearing Burka in the United States. Its as if she was a walking slave. If there was a religious purpose to this, then men would also have to do the same. My heart always saddens.)

As bluesky has said:

"It's said that Islam has the best religion and the worst followers. So, to know about Islam , one should read Quran & the life of the last Prophet (p) ."

This person has responded to me to my paragraph explaining how "Muslims just praise their writing and do not actually follow it." Even though I disagree with this quote, this quote still provides us to an incite of how Muslims see themselves: The facts are given but a few follow.

Since Islam and other religions cannot make someone into a saint, the Guru was sent to so. The Guru not only teaches us about God, but he also teaches us about ourselves. He points out exactly where our faults are.

"Even if you could live throughout the four ages, or even ten times more, and even if you were known throughout the nine continents and followed by all, with a good name and reputation, with praise and fame throughout the world-still, if the Lord does not bless you with His Glance of Grace, then who cares? What is the use? Among worms, you would be considered a lowly worm, and even contemptible sinners would hold you in contempt." - Page 2 of Siri Guru Granth Sahib.

He gives us examples of people just like you and I who had so much trouble understanding God, yet they were able to reach him. He points out exactly what they did right and what they did wrong. The Guru KNOWS who he is dealing with. The Guru knows we are born stupid and filled with ego. Instead of just saying that ego is wrong, the Guru teaches us how to get rid of ego. The Guru also teaches us how to respect God. He teaches us not to cut our hair. He teaches us that throwing our hair down the drain or in the garbage is like taking God's gifts and throwing them away. For what? To fit in to society? The next time you cut your hair think about what you are doing. The Guru also teaches us to carry a sword, to protect ourselves and other from the ignorant.

The Guru knows me. He knows who I am, how I think, and how I act. The Guru also knows God. From God's given command, the Guru has been given the ability to teach me to control myself and reach God.

The Guru is the only teacher who can do such a great Task. I greatly respect Islam, I greatly respect those who even for a second remember God.

But only the Guru can teach one to sacrifice themselves for God. This sacrifice isn’t as easy as committing "suicide", but it’s as hard as running the gawaher forums, and providing enough funding so the viewers do not have to read Google Advertisements and learn about firefox as they are learning about God.

At the Gurudwara, you will find rich people who have never had to wash their own cloths, clean the shoes of others. In the hope of serving the true saint that might have walked in those shoes.

So far, all the quotes I have read from the Quran I find to be true. From my understanding I think those who are pretty close to God will be able to absorb them. But those whose minds do not quite down enough to concentrate on even one sentence, what good is Islam to them? That is who I am. My mind does not realize God. Thus I follow Sikhism, because Sikhism has the ability to merge fools like me with God.

I do not wish to continue this discussion, because in doing so my ego becomes inflated. I end up taking credit for God’s work. I can no longer feel his presence. I am scared that when my time of death comes I will not reach my love. I should spend more time understanding my mistakes then pointing out mistakes of others. If I myself was right then, I would not have to be away from my love.

I did not mean to offend you. If I did, then take it as a comment from a fool.

“If you are wise, be simple; if you are powerful, be weak; and when there is nothing to share, then share with others. How rare is one who known as such a devotee. || 128 || Do not utter even a single harsh word; your True Lord and Master abides in all. Do not break anyone's heart; these are all priceless jewels. || 129 || The minds of all are like precious jewels; to harm them is not good at all. If you desire your Beloved, then do not break anyone's heart. || 130 ||â€

My love is beautiful :-)

I am sorry but I did not reply to these questions in the post above:

"

1. Islam separates mankind by making a group called Muslims and non Muslims. The Guru on the other hand views all as equal in the eyes of God.

----so , there is no non-Sikhs & all equal persons will go to heaven ???"

God sees all as equals. When you say someone is in hell its your opinion. Its relative to your experience. God gives equal love to ALL. The reason Sikhs need not fear hell or try to reach Heaven, is because that these things are just relative to the current world. Once you reach heaven you will find that their exists another heaven above that and a hell below it. In the eyes of God their is no such thing as pain and suffering, their is also no such thing as happyness and pleasure. Its all our own interpertation of the world. Like the many Sikhs who died in many painfull deaths, it is only our own opinion that we see their death as painfull. Those Sikhs who had reached God, you cannot inflict pain on them.

A good example of this is if you leave your hand under hot water for a long time, that hand will get use to it. It will start to tell you that that temperature is normal. If you cool the water down a little bit (cooler then the original hot, but still hot/warm) that hand will say the water is cooler. But when you put your other hand under the same water it will tell you that it is being burned. So what should you believe? One hand is telling you that the water is cold the other is telling you the water is hot. Both of the hands are your own. Who do you believe?

A Sikh's goal is not to try to reach Heaven where he will meet with 52 virgins, (I wonder how this encourages women to become "good"), but it is to realize God and that their is no difference from God and ones own self. The one that realizes this, stops using I and starts using You. Eventually they merge with God.

This topic is very complicated, but to understand it you have to keep in mind two things:

1 Everything is God

2 The perception of Heaven and Hell is just our own.

From God, everyone is given equal love, its just that by their own deeds that some move towards realizing the truth, and other wonder lost forever.

In reality all are equally taken care off by God.

"If u believe , Guru Nanak really visited Holy Macca ,then it means he was a Muslim ; because only Muslims are allowed to visit the holiest Masjid or u r trying to say that , the Kaaba shifted from Saudi Arabia & moved in to Punjab ???? Instead of apply emotion , pl. show some proof from neutral sources. If really that happened , then surely it was reported by many persons including Hindus, Muslims , Christians historians /writers etc. Show me some reporting by non-Muslims except Sikhs. I do believe in Miracles. So, pl take the trouble for me. "

Why must you be so attached to the Kaaba? When you die it will leave you behind. You will no longer know what it is. All that will stay with you is God's love. The Kaaba is taking away your precious time to learn to love God. Why are you so emotionally attached to something physical in this world? God is everywhere. Praying towards the one Kaaba is like saying my God only resides in that way. That is a false understanding that is encouraged by praying towards the Kaaba. Your emotional attachment to the Kaaba is keeping you away from realizing the truth.

I do not care to prove this true or false. I believe it to be true because it teaches me that God is everywhere. If I believed it to be false, then I would agree that God is only towards one direction. Also I have never found Guru's words to lie to me. When ever I think they do, I always pay for it. Thus, I no longer question the Guru.

“

When they went into, they saw the Guru Granth Sahib floating above the water. Not a page was touched by a drop of water

-------Muslims would love to show u that after earthquake or other disaster , some Masjids and copies of Holy Quran were intact."

Like I said before, Sikhs don't care for miracles. God protects them and if something the can be considered a "miracle" happens, no one is surprised.

---If really don't believe in miracales , Then why did u mention all these???â€

The reason you are asking me this is because you did not read what people have said in the previous posts. I did not bring up miricals until someone said that the Quran has proven so and so miracales, thus it must be true. So I went on to say that the Guru's have said not to respect miricals because they do not show how religious someone is and that they do not bring you any closer to God.

Their was a "Saint" that walked across the water in front of the Guru to show how powerful he was. The Guru paid a boatman 2 rupees to cross the water. The Guru asked the "Saint" how long did it take for you to learn to walk across water. He said it took me 15 years of meditation in the mountains. The Guru replied by saying that your 15 years was worth my 2 rupees. The point the Guru was trying to make was that time spent trying to reach God is never waisted.

“Sorry , i did not understand. Are u trying to say that good people won't suffer in this world ? After the murder of Indira Gandhi , hundreds if not thousands of Sikhs were brutally murdered by Hindus in Indian. All those Sikhs were bad people ??? The kids who became orphans , what did they do ??? Why they suffered so much ?â€

The reason this occurred was because people call them selves Sikhs, and did not follow Guru's commands. You cannot be a Sikh by just saying that you are one. You HAVE to follow all of Guru Ji's commands. The Guru explicitly said that in order to reach God, one must also practice weaponry. Even though this has directly nothing to do with God, it does keep one from being slaughtered. There are many cases when the mobs met true Sikhs. Often times they did not bother them. Their was a story of a mob attacking a Sikh elder. The reporter said that all you saw was an old man with his scooter holding a sword, with blood shed everywhere.

I realize that you brought this up to make me emotional, but I tried to put my emotions aside and look at the situation from a Sikh's perspective.

Waheguru ji ka Khalsa, Waheguru ji ke fate.

salaam/peace to all;

I realize that you brought this up to make me emotional,

---sorry :sad: if i hurt ur feelings , i had no such intention.

U said that good people don't suffer in this world. That's the reason i mentioned about that riot where so many Sikhs were mercilessly murdered.

If u r right that they were not real Sikhs...what about the kids ? Why they suffered ?? The Sikhs who are suffering from various sickness , injuries ....they are bad people ??? When young/middle aged Sikhs die , it's parents/ spouses/kids who suffer most .....they are all bad ?

"

----so , there is no non-Sikhs & all equal persons will go to heaven ???"

God sees all as equals. When you say someone is in hell its your opinion.

----Give me ur sincere answer. In general , what Sikhs believe about the fate of Muslims? When we die , we go to hell or heaven? I m not interested about ur personal opinion ....regarding ur holy book, those who don't believe in Saints, Guru Nanak & others....they will be able to enter Paradise ?

A Sikh's goal is not to try to reach Heaven where he will meet with 52 virgins, (I wonder how this encourages women to become "good"),

---not 52 , hehe , it's 72 . If u want to know more about heaven & hell in Islam , let me know.

Why must you be so attached to the Kaaba? When you die it will leave you behind.

-----U have a misconception about Holy Kaaba. Muslims don't believe that God resides inside it. It's the direction . Muslims are encouraged to go to Masjid & offer prayer with other Muslims. When all come for prayer , then they have to stand side by side & face towards the Holy Kaaba.

Of Course , God is everywhere ; may be to establish a unity among Muslims while offering Salat/prayer , it was needed to fix a direction . Also ,it was a tradition at the time of the Last Prophet (p) to face towards Jerusalem. Later , God changed the direction towards the Holy Kaaba.

We see the turning of thy face (for guidance to the heavens: now Shall We turn thee to a Qibla that shall please thee.

Turn then Thy face in the direction of the sacred Masjid: Wherever ye are, turn your faces in that direction. The people of the Book know well that that is the truth from their Lord. Nor is Allah unmindful of what they do. ( 2: 144 )

It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces Towards east or West; but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers;

to spend of your substance, out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves;

to be steadfast in prayer, and practice regular charity; to fulfil the contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such are the people of truth, the Allah.fearing. ( chapter 2 , verse 177 )

I do not care to prove this true or false.

If ur claim is correct ,then it means Guru Nanak was a Muslim as non-Muslims are not allowed to enter the holy Masjid. If u want to say , kaaba shifted from Macca to Punjab , then pl. without showing any proof , don't mention it specially in an Islamic forum. We Muslims have a right to ask u to show proof about such claim regarding our holiest Masjid.

I have no intention to hurt ur feelings . I really want to know .

salaam;

Do the Muslims Worship the Kaaba?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicvoice(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/february.2004/zakir.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicvoice(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/february.2004/zakir.htm[/url]

Dr. Zakir Naik - Question Hour

Some of my non-Muslim friends ask: Why do the Muslims worship the kaaba despite Islam being against idol worship?

Ateeq Ahmed, Visakhapatnam, ateeqahmed_2002[at]yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Ans. Kaaba is the Qibla i.e. the direction Muslims face during their prayers. It is important to note that though Muslims face the Kaaba during prayers, they do not worship the Kaaba. Muslims worship and bow to none but Allah. Allah says:

"We see the turning of your face (for guidance) to the heavens: now shall We turn you to a Qiblah that shall please thee. Turn then you face in the direction of the Sacred Masjid: wherever you are, turn your faces in that direction." [Al-Qur'an 2:144]

1. Islam believes in fostering unity

For instance, if Muslims want to offer Salaah (Prayer), it is possible that some may wish to face north, while some may wish to face south. In order to unite the Muslims in their worship of the One True God, Muslims, wherever they may be, are asked to face in only one direction i.e. towards the Kaaba. If some Muslims live towards the west of the Kaaba they face the east. Similarly if they live towards the east of the Kaaba they face the west.

2. Kaaba is at the Centre of the World Map

The Muslims were the first people to draw the map of the world. They drew the map with the south facing upwards and north downwards. The Kaaba was at the centre. Later, western cartographers drew the map upside down with the north facing upwards and south downwards. Yet, Alhamdullilah the Kaaba is at the centre of the world map.

3. Tawaf around Kaaba for indicating one God

When the Muslims go to Masjid-e-Haram in Makkah, they perform tawaf or circumambulation round the Kaaba. This act symbolizes the belief and worship of One God, since, just as every circle has one centre, so also there is only one Allah (swt) worthy of worship.

4. Hadith of Umar (may Allah be pleased with him)

Regarding the black stone, hajr-e-aswad, there is a hadith (tradition), attributed to the illustrious companion of the Prophet Muhammed (pbuh), Umar (may Allah be pleased with him).

Umar (may Allah be pleased with him) said: "I know that you are a stone and can neither benefit nor harm. Had I not seen the Prophet (pbuh) touching (and kissing) you, I would never have touched (and kissed) you". (Sahih Bukhari, Vol. 2, Chapter 56, H. No. 675)

5. People stood on Kaaba and gave the adhaan

At the time of the Prophet, people even stood on the Kaaba and gave the 'adhaan' i.e. the call to prayer. One may ask those who allege that Muslims worship the Kaaba; which idol worshipper stands on the idol he worships?

First I would like to say that if you are going to respond to me please READ my posts, and not just skim them. I find it rude to be asked questions that I have already answered in my previous posts.

"---sorry :sad: if i hurt ur feelings , i had no such intention.

U said that good people don't suffer in this world. That's the reason i mentioned about that riot where so many Sikhs were mercilessly murdered.

If u r right that they were not real Sikhs...what about the kids ? Why they suffered ?? The Sikhs who are suffering from various sickness , injuries ....they are bad people ??? When young/middle aged Sikhs die , it's parents/ spouses/kids who suffer most .....they are all bad ?"

Hmm... This is hard to explain. A Sikh is suppose to be detached from this world. They live as they were already dead. Every effort is put towards making sure that God is not forgotten. They see this life as a dream. Its fake. They don't care what happens in it. They happily follow God's Hukam (command). They also realize that God is the doer of all things. Good and bad. This life is also taken care of by God. If its their time to die and have their children/spouses to suffer, so be it. As much as you would like to argue against it, we have no control over our life. Good things and bad things we pay for from our past lives. Who knows how many sins the parents or the children commited. Just because you are born into a Sikh family does not make you a Sikh. Also you should never think you are good. The reason you are away from God is because you still have to pay for your past sins. We should still not be sad or turn our back on God. We have become soo attached to this world that we do not understand how a Sikh can live this life. It appears to be very depressing because we cannot imagine a world without attachment to things. God lives in complete detachment. Our attachment keeps us away from him. Those who for a second have felt God's presence, agree that attachment is the reason we cannot remember God.

Also I don't think you fully understood what I was trying to say in my previous post. I think I have said the same thing in some older posts too. What it says is that good things and bad things are our opinion of the event that occurred. We cannot be the judge of such events. To a Sikh every event is what God wanted. A Sikh never questions it.

From my personal experience, I always attached the love of God with good things that happened to me. I attached his love to my happiness. So for some parts of my life I was very close to him because I always praised him because good things happened to me. Now things have changed. Since I had attached God to happiness, I no longer remember him now when things I do not like happen to me. But since I know what God's love was like when I was happy and since the Guru has thought me that attachment leads you away from God, I know understand that his love had nothing to do with me being satisfied with this world (happy). Me trying to be happy is now starting to tare me away from God. I can feel that bad things are coming. But from the teachings of the Guru I also know that I should not fear them. I have to detach my love with God from my experience with this world. Basically if I want to continue to love God, I MUST become detached from this world. This is something that is very hard to do. But I trust the Guru to help me.

“----Give me ur sincere answer. In general , what Sikhs believe about the fate of Muslims? When we die , we go to hell or heaven? I m not interested about ur personal opinion ....regarding ur holy book, those who don't believe in Saints, Guru Nanak & others....they will be able to enter Paradise ?â€

Ok. Most of what you read is not my views. I mostly read the Guru Granth Sahib and try to put its teachings into “my†words (which I know I don't do correctly). The Guru Granth Sahib has teachings from people who reached God. One of them is Pagaat Kabeer. He was a Muslim. He reached God before Sikhism was created. He writes the experiences he had. He also writes about some of the mistakes he made and the right things that one should do to reach God. He gives incite about this world that only a person who has lived through it could give. Sikhism is not only for “Sikhsâ€. The most important prayer is repeating God's name over and over again. The reason that the Guru did not write this prayer down into the Guru Granth Sahib, is because it would mean that Sikhism was only given to the Sikhs. But this is not the case, you can call God Allah, Ram or Waheguru. A Shabad that is often sang in Gurudwaras says something along the lines that some say Allah, some call you Ram, and some call you Waheguru. Sikhism is meant for everyone. Following ANY religion a person who will reach God will have the qualities of a Sikh. These qualities are essential to reaching God, because they provide the fundamental understanding that one must achieve of this world in order to become detached from it.

So yes Sikhism does say that Muslims can merge with God.

If by rejecting the Guru's teachings you mean reading them and saying I am not going to do as he says, then you will NOT reach God. Because his teachings ONLY teach us how to reach God.

“-----U have a misconception about Holy Kaaba. Muslims don't believe that God resides inside it. It's the direction . Muslims are encouraged to go to Masjid & offer prayer with other Muslims. When all come for prayer , then they have to stand side by side & face towards the Holy Kaaba.â€

No I have not misunderstood what the Kaaba is to the Muslims. If you read carefully, I say that believing that“It's the direction†of God or thats the direction he listens in is wrong. To quote myself “Praying towards the one Kaaba is like saying my God only resides in that way.†This is a false understanding. If you were unable to grasp why from my previous post, there is no reason for me to reiterate it.

Regarding the Guru moving Mecca, the Guru can do as he pleases. He can go anywhere he wants. Also you guys don't understand geometry. If you are pointing your feet towards something, and that thing moves to where ever someone else moves your feet, that would mean that that object moves in a circular direction. (given that your general position is being moved) That means that the Mecca was probably not moved to Punjab, but was moved perhaps some degrees off from its original place.

Like I said before I would like to end this discussion. I write a couple of pages for each response, and I don't think anyone reads it. They mostly seem to skim over it and find points to argue about. It is a waist of time for me to talk about Sikhi to close minded people who twist my written words to match their own understanding. If you have actually read what I have said in this post and previous ones, then you should respond.

If you do not have time to read what I wrote, then you should not have time to discredit Sikhism.

BLRR.gif

With the name of Allah ( God Almighty ) -The Bestower Of Unlimited Mercy, The Continuously Merciful

Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh (May the peace, mercy and blessings of Allah be upon you)

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au[/url]

&&&

(How it angers me to see women wearing Burka in the United States. Its as if she was a walking slave. If there was a religious purpose to this, then men would also have to do the same. My heart always saddens.)

we ( proud hijabi Muslimah ) feel sad to see those women who love to show their beauty to all.

Question to any Sikh: is there any comment of Guru Nanak about Holy Quran or Holy Prophet Muhammed (p) ?

BLRR.gif

Listen to the holy Quran---the Final Testament

Recitation of Sura Fathiha by Shiekh Saad Al-Ghamdhi of Saudi Arabia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamworld(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fathiha.au[/url]

&&&

pic12.jpg

(How it angers me to see women wearing Burka in the United States. Its as if she was a walking slave. If there was a religious purpose to this, then men would also have to do the same. My heart always saddens.)

Allah says, “Say to the believing men to lower their gazes and guard their chastity,†(An-Nur: 30) “And say to the believing women to lower their gazes and guard their chastity, and let them not display of their charm - except what is apparent.†(An-Nur: 31)

listen to our revert bro on veil: They say o poor girl

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/arabic/arts/2003/07/images/01-a3.mpga"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/arabic/arts/200...ages/01-a3.mpga[/url]

Hijab: Always A Woman’s Business?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar/FatwaE/FatwaE&cid=1119503546030"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...d=1119503546030[/url]

Hijab: What’s It All About?

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english/introducingislam/individual/article12.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/english/introducing...article12.shtml[/url]

You can also read:

Hijab, Why?

Does Hijab Infringe upon Women’s Liberty?

Woman’s `Awrah in front of Non-Muslim Women

&&

Hijab Ban Debate Heats up in Tunisia

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2006-10/06/06.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2006-10/06/06.shtml[/url]

Question to any Sikh: is there any comment of Guru Nanak about Holy Quran or Holy Prophet Muhammed (p) ?

Their are many comments about the Quran in the Guru Granth Sahib. I don't however think it mentions the Prophet Muhammed, but it does talk about prophets.You can go to SriGranth dot com to search for words in the Guru Granth Sahib.

Here is a quote from the Guru Granth Sahib page 140-141

Let mercy be your Masjid, faith your prayer-mat, and honest living your Koran.

Make modesty your circumcision, and good conduct your fast. In this way, you shall be a true Muslim.

Let good conduct be your Kaabaa, Truth your spiritual guide, and the karma of good deeds your prayer and chant.

Let your rosary be that which is pleasing to His (God's) Will. O Nanak, God shall preserve your (the doer of such tasks) honor. ||1||

To take what rightfully belongs to another, is like a Muslim eating pork, or a Hindu eating beef.

Our Guru, our Spiritual Guide, stands by us, if we do not eat those carcasses.

By mere talk, people do not earn passage to Heaven. Salvation comes only from the practice of Truth.

By adding spices to forbidden foods, they are not made acceptable.

O Nanak, from false talk, only falsehood is obtained. ||2||

There are five prayers and five times of day for prayer; the five have five names.

Let the first be truthfulness, the second honest living, and the third charity in the Name of God.

Let the fourth be good will to all, and the fifth the praise of the Lord.

Repeat the prayer of good deeds, and then, you may call yourself a Muslim.

O Nanak, the false obtain falsehood, and only falsehood. ||3||

Here the Guru is teaching those who understand the language and the lifestyle of Muslims how to reach God.

If I understand correctly he is trying to say that if you have mercy, faith, honest living, modesty, good conduct, truth and the karma of good deeds, then it is as if you had done those things that Muslims say make one reach God.

In other words he is saying that you do not necessarily have to do such things.

He is also saying that those who do do such things but do not have mercy, faith, earn a honest living, modesty, good conduct, truth and the karma of good deeds, their actions are useless. They are waisting their time trying to fake their love for God. God can see through all this and see your true self.

bluesky

we ( proud hijabi Muslimah ) feel sad to see those women who love to show their beauty to all.

Allah says, “Say to the believing men to lower their gazes and guard their chastity,†(An-Nur: 30) “And say to the believing women to lower their gazes and guard their chastity, and let them not display of their charm - except what is apparent.†(An-Nur: 31)

Sikhism is very focused on making you reach God. In another words, following Sikhism, nothing in this world can stop you from training your mind and body in order to make them acceptable to God. Especially beautiful women.

So, the focus of Sikhism is to make you control your own self in order to reach God. Sikhism does this by making one become detached from this world. In one of the steps of becoming detached from this world, is gaining the TRUE senses. What I mean by the TRUE senses, is that the eyes, the ears, and our other sensory organs we use to perceive this world lie to us. They tell us that something is beautiful, something is ugly, something is unappealing, something is yours, something belongs to someone else. All of this is a lie. In reality everything is ONE. Everything is God. If we had the TRUE senses, they would tell us that God exists in every direction. If everything is God, then the "effect" that we let this world have on us is caused by the faults in our own senses. It is because of me that I myself have not reached God. You cannot blame anything in this world. It is not the fault of the beautiful woman standing in front of me, that my mind becomes distracted, but it is the fault of my eyes that do not see the truth.

This is a very deep concept. Basically once our senses begin to tell us that God is everywhere, you will realize the he also resides in one's self. In order to communicate with him you will communicate with him where he is the closest to you. Thus, instead of waisting time pointing our senses outwards, we will point them inwards, in the hopes of seeing, hearing and being with God.

Now I will agree that cover one's head makes one a bit more humble, but without the true knowledge of God, even such acts are put to waist. Just by reading your words, one can perceive them to say that your understanding of God is false. Being proud of yourself and women that wear Hijabs, I assume that you do not see those who do not wear Hijabs of any good. If it is the case that you are not fond of beautiful women who do not wear the Hijab (also raising the question of whether "not so pretty" women need to wear the hijab or not), then obviously you do not see God's love in them. Whenever you see them, their presence affects the state of your mind. This is what is called attachment to the world. You might be very deep in your prayer with God, you might be so close to reaching him, when you are confronted with a beautiful woman not wearing a hijab. What will your mind do? Since it is attached to the world and is affected by the false senses, what your mind will do is unpredictable. It will most likely stray from achieving and realizing God's love. You can point fingers in whose fault it was, but wouldn't it have been better if you had trained your own self not to become attached to such point less things as beauty.

When wearing a Hijab, you should not wear it so men do not look at you. It is their own fault if they perceive your "beauty" falsely. You should also not wear it, because you are told it is the right thing to do. This just causes your own senses to lie to you. But you should do it because covering your head shows respect to God. Also during anytime of the day you are ready to pray. Standing on the bus, you can think of God, waiting in line you can think of God.

Now since covering your head has nothing to do with the features of a woman, I come back to the point of why men should do it also.

It's like how some muslims praise peer Awliyah.b

all peer and stuffs are all bogus.. they hav mazars(some so called stupid Muslim person dies and they do some stuff with his grave...they put flowers and money...very sill actually... claiming the dead guy will ask for forgiveness from Allah)...

the fact is we just praise Allah ... Am i right or mistaking here? :D

salam

Let mercy be your Masjid, faith your prayer-mat, and honest living your Koran.

Make modesty your circumcision, and good conduct your fast. In this way, you shall be a true Muslim.

Let good conduct be your Kaabaa, Truth your spiritual guide, and the karma of good deeds your prayer and chant.

Let your rosary be that which is pleasing to His (God's) Will. O Nanak, God shall preserve your (the doer of such tasks) honor. ||1||

Assalam Alaikum / Peace

Mashahallah.. Subhaanallah.. WOnderful sister "BlueSky" - I'm truly happy by your responses here.

OK, to "cheetah" - well, I'm surprised tht you yourself made it cleared tht Guru Nanak does gave references to the Muslim & Quran in the Granth Sahib. I don't want to make any arguments here but just do some research on the above verses of Granth Sahib you mentioned. And just think tht why Guru Nanak has mentioned about muslims & Quran here ?? Don't make any assumptions, please do research on it. I'll suggest you to meet your respected Scholars/ Granthis..

Now I think its been transfered to the new link: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.srigranth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.srigranth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]

Exact links: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.srigranth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=140"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.srigranth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/gurbani.g...e&Param=140[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.srigranth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/gurbani.gurbani?Action=Page&Param=141"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.srigranth(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/gurbani.g...e&Param=141[/url]

And thn let us know..

BTW.. I'm also a revert to Islam from Sikhism.. Alhumdulillah.. 11 Months back.

May Allah (SWT) guide us all on the right path.. ameen

Jazaak Allah Khair / Thnx for your response.

some so called stupid Muslim person dies
Assalam Alaikum

Sister, please mind your language. If you don't know about those ppl who died thn please don't say wrong about them.

This is TRUE tht ppl are doing SINS by praying there & putting flowers etc.. These ppl are stupid BUT ppl who died were NOT stupid as you mentioned. They were great Scholars of there time BUT unfortunately, when they DIE - ppl around them make those Scholar's graves as "Dargah" & started doing prayers.

I hope you understood wht I mean to say here.

Jazaak Allah Khair

Sikhs do u use idols and photos for vareity of things and in effect they do worship their saints

U have to understand that Monotheism as defined by philosophers differ a lot from the Islamic concept of monotheism which iam referring to .Philiosophers consider even trinitarians to be monotheists

By that logic muslims worship the khaba, isnt kissing a black rock a form of idol worship? at least no Sikhs have been trampled to death by using an image to help them focus their prayers.

By that logic muslims worship the khaba, isnt kissing a black rock a form of idol worship? at least no Sikhs have been trampled to death by using an image to help them focus their prayers.

If I kiss this computer screen in front of me, is that worship?

CONCEPT OF IslamIC MONOTHEISM IN HINDU SCRIPTURES

Let us understand these two major religions of the world, i.e. Islam and Hinduism, by studying and analyzing the authentic Scriptures of these two major religions of the world.

The best and the most appropriate method of understanding Hinduism is to understand the authentic sources i.e. the sacred scriptures of Hinduism. The most sacred and authentic Scriptures of Hinduism are the Vedas, followed by the Upanishads, the Itihaas, Bhagvad Gita, Puranas, etc

UPANISHAD:

Upanishads are one of the sacred Scriptures of the Hindus.

i. Chandogya Upanishad Chapter 6 Section 2 verse 1

It is mentioned in the Chandogya Upanishad:

“Ekam Evadvitiyam”

“He is one only without a second.”

(Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1)

(The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan pg. 447 & 448)

(Sacred Books of the East Volume 1, the Upanishads Part I Page 93)

ii. Shwetashvatara Upanishad Chapter 6 verse 9

It is mentioned in the Shwetashvatara Upanishad

“Nacasya kascij janita na cadhipah”

“Of Him there are neither parents nor Lord.”

(Shwetashvatara Upanishad 6:9)

(The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan pg. 745)

(and in Sacred books of the East volume 15, the Upanishads Part II Page 263)

iii. Shwetashvatara Upanishad Chapter 4 verse 19

It is mentioned in Shwetashvatara Upanishad

“Na tasya pratima asti”

“There is no likeness of Him”.

(Shwetashvatara Upanishad 4:19)

(The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan pg 736 & 737 )

(and in Sacred books of the East Volume 15, the Upanishads part II, Page no. 253)

iv. Shwetashvatara Upanishad Chapter 4 verse 20

It is mentioned in Shwetashvatara Upanishad

“na samdrse tisthati rupam asya, na caksusa pasyati kas canainam”.

“His form cannot be seen, no one sees Him with the eye”.

(Shwetashvatara Upanishad 4:20)

(The Principal Upanishad by S. Radhakrishnan pg. 737)

(And in Sacred books of the East Volume 15, the Upanishad part II, Page no. 253)

BHAGWAD GEETA 7:20

The most popular amongst all the Hindu Scriptures is the Bhagvad Gita.

Bhagvad Gita mentions

“Those whose intelligence has been stolen by material desires worship demigods” that is “Those who are materialistic, they worship demigods” i.e. others as deities besides the True God.

(Bhagvad Gita 7:20)

It is mentioned in Bhagvad Gita

“He who knows Me as the unborn, as the beginning-less, as the Supreme Lord of all the worlds...”

(Bhagvad Gita 10:3)

YAJURVEDA

Vedas are the most sacred amongst all the Hindu Scriptures. There are principally 4 Vedas: Rig Ved, Yajur Ved, Sam Ved, and Atharva Ved.

i. Yajurveda Chapter 32, Verse 3

It is mentioned in Yajurveda

“na tasya pratima asti”

“There is no image of Him”

It further says, “as He is unborn, He deserves our worship”.

(Yajurveda 32:3)

(The Yajurveda by Devi Chand M.A. pg. 377)

ii. Yajurveda Chapter 40 Verse 8

It is mentioned in Yajurveda Chapter 40 verse 8

“He is bodiless and pure”.

(Yajurveda 40:8)

(Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph I. H. Griffith pg. 538)

iii. Yajurved Chapter 40 Verse 9

It is mentioned in Yajurved

“Andhatma pravishanti ye assambhuti mupaste”

“They enter darkness, those who worship natural things.”

E.g. worship of natural elements air, water, fire, etc.

(Yajurveda 40:9)

It further continues and says

“They sink deeper in darkness those who worship sambhuti i.e. created things”

E.g. like created things such as table, chair, idols, etc.

(Yajurveda Samhita by Ralph T. H. Griffith pg. 538

ATHARVA VEDA

i. Atharva Veda book 20 hymn (chapter) 58 verse 3

It is mentioned in Atharva Veda

“Dev Maha Osi”

“God is Verily Great.”

(Atharva Veda 20:58:3)

(Atharvaveda Samhita Vol. 2, William Duright Whitney pg. 910)

RIGVEDA

The oldest and most sacred amongst all the Vedas is the Rigveda.

i. Rigveda Book no. 1, Hymn No. 164, verse 46

It is mentioned in Rigveda Book no. 1, hymn No. 164 verse 46

“Ekam sat vipra bahudha vadanti”

“Sages (learned Priests) call one God by many names”.

(Rigveda 1:164:46)

Truth is one, God is one, sages call it by various names.

A similar message is given in Rigveda, Book 10, hymn 114, verse 5.

ii. Rigveda Book 2 hymn 1

Rigveda gives no less than 33 different attributes to Almighty God. Several of these attributes are mentioned in Rigveda Book 2 hymn 1

a. Brahma - Creator – Rigveda Book 2 Hymn 1 Verse 3

Amongst the various attributes given in Rigveda, one of the beautiful attributes for Almighty God is ‘Brahma’. ‘Brahma’ means ‘the Creator’. If you translate into Arabic it means ‘Khaliq’. Islam does not object to anyone calling Almighty God as ‘Khaliq’ or ‘Creator’ or ‘Brahma’, but if someone says that ‘Brahma’ i.e. Almighty God has got four heads and on each head is a crown and this Brahma has got four hands, Islam takes strong exception to it because such descriptions give an image to Almighty God. Such descriptions are also against what is propounded in Yajurveda Chapter 32, verse 3 which says:

“Na tasya pratima asti”

“There is no image of Him”.

(Yajurveda 32:3)

b. Vishnu – Sustainer - Rabb : Rigveda Book 2, Hymn 1, verse 3

Another beautiful attribute mentioned in the Rigveda Book 2, Hymn 1, Verse 3 is Vishnu. ‘Vishnu’ means ‘the Sustainer’. If you translate this word into Arabic it means ‘Rabb’. Islam has no objection if anyone calls Almighty God as ‘Rabb’ or ‘Sustainer’ or ‘Vishnu’, but if someone says that Vishnu is a separate Almighty God which has four arms, one of the right arms holds the ‘chakra’ i.e. a discus and one of the left arms holds a ‘conch shell’ and Vishnu rides on a bird or reclines on a snake couch, then this like giving an image to Almighty God. Such descriptions are also against what is taught in Yajurveda Chapter 40 verse 8.

iii. Rigveda Book 8 hymn 1 verse 1

It is mentioned in Rigveda

“Ma Chidanyadvi Shansata”

“Do not worship anybody but Him, the Divine One, Praise Him alone”

(Rigveda 8:1:1)

(Rigveda Samhiti Vol. IX, pg. 1 & 2 by Swami Satyaprakash Sarasvati & Satyakam Vidhya Lankar)

iv. Rigveda Book 5 Hymn 81 verse 1

“Verily great is the glory of the Divine Creator”

(Rigveda 5:81:1)

(Rigveda Samhiti Vol. 6, pg 1802 & 1803 by Swami Satyaprakash Sarasvati & Satyakam Vidhya Lanka)

v. Rigveda Book no. VI, Hymn 45, verse 16

“Ya Eka Ittamushtuhi”

“Praise Him who is the matchless & alone”.

(Rigveda 6:45:16)

(Hymns of Rigveda by Ralph T. H. Griffith pg. 648)

BRAHMA SUTRA OF HINDU VEDANTA

The Brahma Sutra of Hindu Vedanta is:

‘Ekam Brahm, dvitiya naste neh na naste kinchan”

“Bhagwan ek hi hai dusara nahi hai, nahi hai, nahi hai, zara bhi nahi hai”.

“There is only one God, not the second, not at all, not at all, not in the least bit”.

All the above quoted verses and passages from Hindu Scriptures clearly amplify the Oneness and Uniqueness of Almighty God, the Creator of all. Furthermore, they negate the existence of any other deity besides the One True God. These verses essentially propound monotheism.

If you ask some lay persons who are Hindus that how many gods do they believe in, some may say three, some may say thirty-three, some may say a thousand, while some may say thirty-three crores i.e. 330 million. But if you ask this question to a learned Hindu who is well versed with the Hindu Scriptures, he will reply that the Hindus should actually believe and worship only one God

Therefore only if one carefully studies the Hindu Scriptures, will one understand and realize the correct concept of God in Hinduism.

The authentic sources Islamic scriptures is Quran and authentic sayings of last messenger of God. The concept of One God is also confirmed in Quran.

The concept of God in Islam is concisely given in Chapter 112, Surah Ikhlas

Say He is Allah,

The One and Only;

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

He begets not,

Nor is He begotten;

And there is none

Like unto Him.

(Translation Qur’an 112:1-4)

To Allah belong the most beautiful names:

(i) The Qur’an mentions in Surah Isra Chapter 17 Verse 110:

Say: “Call upon Allah, or

Call upon Rahman;

By whatever name ye call

Upon Him, (it is well):

For to Him belong

The Most Beautiful Names

(Translation Qur’an 17:110)

You can call Allah by any name but that name should be beautiful and should not conjure up a mental picture. The Qur’an gives no less than 99 different attributes to Almighty God. Some of these are Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem, Al-Hakeem; Most Gracious, Most Merciful and All Wise. 99 different names / attributes and the crowning one, the hundredth one is Allah. The Qur’an repeats this message that to Allah belong the most beautiful names in:

(i) Surah Al Aaraf Chapter 7 Verse 180

(ii) In Surah Taha Chapter 20 Verse 8

(iii) In Surah Al Hashr Chapter 59 Verse 23 & 24

TOUCHSTONE OF THEOLOGY

‘Theo’ in Greek means God and ‘logy’ means study. Thus ‘Theology’ means study of God and Surah Ikhlas is the touchstone of the study of God.

We can verify whether the deity we worship is a true God or a false God. Thus, Surah Ikhlaas is a four-line definition of Almighty God according to the Qur’an which is also in accordance with Hindu scriptures .

Say He is Allah,

The One and Only;

(Translation Qur’an 112:1)

“Ekam Evadvitiyam”

“He is only one without a second.”

(Chandogya Upanishad 6:2:1)

Allah, the Eternal, Absolute ;He begets not, Nor is He begotten;

(Translation Qur’an 112:2-3)

“He who knows Me as the unborn, as the beginning-less, as the Supreme Lord of all the Worlds.”

(Bhagvad Gita 10:3)

And there is none

Like unto Him.

(Translation Qur’an 112:4)

“Na Tasya pratima asti”

“There is no likeness of Him.”

(Shwetashvatara Upanishad 4:19 & Yajurveda 32:3)

PLS POST IT AS SEPERATE THREAD...COZ I DONT HV PERMISSION 4 IT

MESSENGERS IN HINDUISM- prophet mohammed prophesised in hindu scriptures

icon is derived from ‘Av’ and ‘tr’, which means to descend down or come down. Some scholars state that God’s icon indicates a possessive case and actually means the coming of a man “who is in specially chosen by God” not God himself. Mention of such chosen men of God appears in several places in all the four Vedas. Thus if we have to reconcile Bhagvad Gita and Puranas with the most authoritative scripture the Vedas, we have to agree that Bhagvad Gita and the Puranas, when they speak about icons, they refer to chosen men of God.

The Last Messenger of God, prophesized in Hindu scriptures also:

1. Kuntap Sukt

In the 20th book of Atharva Veda Hymn-127, some Suktas (chapters) are known as ‘kuntap sukt’.

Several people like M. Bloom Field, Prof Ralph Griffith, Pandit Rajaram, Pandit Khem Karan and others have translated these kuntap suktas. The main points mentioned in the kuntap suktas in Atharvaved book XX Hymn 127 verses 1-13 are:

Mantra 1

He is narashansah or the praised one (Mohammad).

He is Kaurama the prince of peace or the emigrant, who is safe even amongst a host of 60,090 enemies.

Mantra 2.

He is a camel-riding Rishi, whose chariot touches the heaven.

Mantra 3.

He is Mamah Rishi.

(i) The Sanskrit word ‘Narashansah’ means ‘the praised one’ which is the literal translation of the Arabic word Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him).

The Sanskrit word ‘Kaurama’ means ‘one who spreads and promotes peace’. The holy Prophet was the ‘prince of peace’ and he preached equality of human kind and universal brotherhood. ‘Kaurama’ also means ‘an emigrant’. The Prophet migrated from Makkah to Madeenah and was thus an emigrant.

(ii) He will be protected from 60,090 enemies, which was the population of Makkah. The prophet would ride a camel. This clearly indicates that, it cannot be an Indian Rishi since it is forbidden for a Brahman to ride a camel. According to Manu Smriti chapter 11 verse 202 sacred books of the east, volume 25, Laws of Manu pg. 472 “A Brahman is prohibited from riding a camel or donkey and to bathe naked. He should purify himself by suppressing his breath”.

(iii) This mantra gave the Rishi name as Mamah. No Rishi in India or any other prophet had this name. ‘Mamah’ is derived from ‘Mah’ which means to esteem highly, or to revere, and to exalt. Some Sanskrit books give the prophet’s name as ‘Mahamad’ but this word according to Sanskrit grammer can also be used in the bad sense. It is incorrect to apply grammar to an Arabic word. Actually Mamah has the same meaning and somewhat similar pronunciation as the word Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him).

2. Battle of the Allies described in the Vedas.

It is mentioned is Atharvaveda Book XX hymn 21, verse 6: “O Lord of the truthful! These liberators drinks, these feats of bravery and the inspiring songs gladdened thee in the field of battle. When thou renderst vanquished without fight the ten thousand opponents of the praying one, the adoring one.”

(i) This Prophecy of the Veda describes the well-known battle of Ahzab or the battle of the Allies during the time of Prophet Muhammad (Peace and blessings of God be upon him). The Prophet was victorious without an actual conflict, which is mentioned in the Qur’an:

“When the believers saw the confederate forces they said:

This is what Allah and his Messenger had promised us,

and Allah and His Messenger told us what was true.”

And it only added to their faith and their zeal in obedience.(Al Qur’an 33:22)

(ii) The Sanskrit word ‘karo’ in the Mantra means the ‘Praising one’ which when translated into Arabic means Ahmed, the second name of Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him).

(iii) The 10,000 opponents mentioned in the mantra were the enemies of the prophet when the Muslims were only 3000 in number.

(iv) The last words of the Mantra ‘aprati ni bashayah’ means the defeat was given to the enemies without an actual fight.

3. The enemies defeat in the conquest of Makkah prophesized in Atharva Veda

It is mentioned in Atharva Veda book 20 Hymn 21 verse no. 9.

“You have O Indira overthrown 20 kings and 60,099 men with an outstripping chariot wheel who came to fight the praised one or far famed Orphan”

(i) The population of Makkah at the time of Prophet’s advent was nearly 60,000.

(ii) There were several clans in Makkah each having its own chief. Totally there were about 20 chiefs to rule the population of Makkah.

(iii) An ‘Abandhu’ meaning a ‘helpless man’ who was far famed and ‘Praised one’ [Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) who became orphan at every young age and were far famed because of excellence of their character] overcame his enemies with the help of God.

4. Kalki icon

It is mentioned in Bhagwat Purana Khand 1 Adhyay 3 Shloka 25:

“Then in the twilight of the Kali age, when kings will be as good as robbers, this protector of the world will be born of Vishnuyasa under the name Kalki“. The description of the Kalki icon i.e. the final icon is given in the verses Kalki Purana chapter 2 verses 4, 5, 7, 11 & 15.

(i). Mother’s name Sumati translates to Aaminah in arabic

The name of his mother will be Sumati (K.P.2: 4 & 11), which means gentle and thoughtful, Prophet Muhammad’s mother’s name was Aaminah, which means peaceful and gentle.

(ii). Father’s name Vishnuyash translates to Abdullah in arabic

His father’s name will be ‘Vishnuyash’ which means ‘worshipper of Vishnu’ i.e. ‘worshipper of God’. Muhammad’s father’s name was Abdullah which means ‘obedient worshipper of Allah i.e. God’.

(iii). Born in Sambhala translates to Makkah in arabic

He will be born in a village called ‘Sambhala’ which means house of peace and security. Makkah is known as Darul Aman, which means house of peace and security.

(iv). Born in house of Chief Priest.

He will be born in the house of chief of the village Sambhala. Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) was born in the house of the chief of the Kaaba.

(v). Born on the 12th day of Madhav ( Rabi-ul-Awwal in arabic ).

It is prophesied that Kalki Avtar will be born on the 12th day of the bright (first) half of the month of Madhav. It is a historical fact Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) was born on the 12th day of the bright half of the month of Rabi-ul-Awwal.

(vi). He will be the Antim or final icon

He has been described as the ‘Antim’ i.e. ‘the last and final’ of all the icons. The Qur’an also mentions. This fact Quran also confirms that Prophet Mohammed will be last of the Messengers of God

(vii). Will receive knowledge on the mountain from the Lord and then go towards North and come back.

Kalki icon will go to the mountains and receive knowledge from Parsuram, then go towards the north and come back. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) did go to Jable-Noor i.e. the Mountain of Light, where he received the first Revelation from Archangel Gabriel. Later he went north to Madeenah and later made a victorious return to Makkah.

(viii). He will have the most graceful personality.

Kalki icon will have unparalleled grace. Qur’an mentions in Surah Al-Qalam chapter 68 verse 4:

And thou (standest) on an exalted standard of character.

(ix). Endowed with eight special qualities

Kalki icon will be endowed with eight special qualities. These qualities are wisdom, respectable lineage, self-control, revealed knowledge, valour, measured speech, utmost charity and gratitude. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) had all these eight special qualities.

a) Wisdom – He was very wise. It is no wonder that several people approached him for guidance, even before he claimed to be a prophet.

B) Respectable lineage – He belonged to the noble tribe of Quraysh who were the caretakers of the sacred Kaaba.

c) Self-control – He was the best example of self-control. From history, we learn that his enemies on many occasions tried to instigate him. However, he was always patient and responded wisely.

d) Revealed knowledge – Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) received the last and final revelation of God, which is the Glorious Qur’an through Archangel Gabriel.

e) Valour – Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) possessed great physical strength and courage. He took active part in the battles against his enemies and most of such battles were fought in self-defence against aggression by the other party.

f) Measured speech – Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) spoke with emphasis and deliberation that people could not forget what he said. In his intercourse with others he would sit silent among his companions for long time but when he spoke his speech was eloquent and full of meaning and advise.

g) Utmost charity – Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) was very charitable and never disappointed anyone who asked for help even in situations when he himself was in financial difficulties. Many poor people lived only on his generosity.

h) Gratefulness – Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) was known for his gratefulness. He showed immense gratitude to the Ansaars i.e. the helpers from the city of Madeenah.

(x). Teacher of the World.

The Kalki icon will be the saviour of the world i.e. he will guide and teach the world. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) did not only guide and save the Arabs but the whole humankind. The Qur’an mentions:

We have not sent thee

But as a universal Messenger

To men, giving them

Glad tidings, and warning them

(Against sin), but most men

Understand not.

(Al Qur’an 34:28)

(xi). Shiva will present a steed to Kalki icon.

It is prophesied that Shiva will present an extraordinary steed to the Kalki icon. Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) received a steed from Almighty God, which was known as ‘Buraq’ and whose speed transcended.

(xii). He will ride a horse and carry a sword.

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) received a heavenly steed from Almighty God called ‘Buraq’ on which he made his heavenly journey known as ‘Miraaj’ or the ‘Ascension to the heavens’.

Moreover, we also learn from the history of the Prophet that he himself took part in battles, most of which were fought in self-defence, and on many such occasions, he rode a horse and carried a sword in his hand.

(xiii). He will subdue the wicked

It is mentioned that Kalki icon will subdue the wicked. It was prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) who purified (transformed) bandits and miscreants and established them on the path of truth. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) came at a time, which was known as ‘Yaumul-Jahiliyah’, which means the “age or era of ignorance”. People indulged in various types of vices. Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) brought them from darkness to light.

(xiv). He will overpower the Devil with four companions

It is prophesied that Kalki icon, with four of his companions, will disarm the devil. Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him), with his four most trusted companions, fought against the mischief and the evil of the devil. These four companions were Abu Bakr, Umar, Uthman and Ali (may Allah be pleased with them all). These four companions later became as ‘the rightly guided Caliphs’.

(xv). He will be assisted by angels.

The Kalki icon will be assisted by angels in the battlefield. In the battle of Badr, Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings of God be upon him) was assisted by angels who descended from the heavens. This is also mentioned in the Qur’an in:

pls post it as seperate thread for those who hv permission

all peer and stuffs are all bogus.. they hav mazars(some so called stupid Muslim person dies and they do some stuff with his grave...they put flowers and money...very sill actually... claiming the dead guy will ask for forgiveness from Allah)...

the fact is we just praise Allah ... Am i right or mistaking here? :sl:

salam

dont say "stupid muslim" many of them really pious muslims...but it is not their mistake that these ppl make their mazars etc

Volume 2, Page 74b: Graveyards, do not offer salat in

'Aishah reports that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "Allah cursed the Jews and Christians [because] they took the graves of their prophets as Masjids." This is related by al-Bukhari, Muslim, Ahmad, and an-Nasa' i .

Ahmad and Muslim record from Abu Marthad al-Ghanawi that the Prophet sallallahu alehi wasallam said: "Do not pray facing a grave and do not sit on one." They also record that Jundub ibn 'Abdullah al-Bajali heard the Prophet say, five days before he died: "The people before you took graves as Masjids. I prohibit this to you."

'Aishah reports that Umm Salamah mentioned the churches she saw in Abyssinia and the pictures they contained to the Messenger of Allah. The Prophet said to her: "These are the people who, when a pious servant or pious man among them dies, build a Masjid [place of worship] upon their graves and put those pictures in it. They are the worst of the whole creation in the sight of Allah." This is related by al-Bukhari, Muslim, and an-Nasa' i .

The Prophet is also reported to have said: "Allah curses those who visit the graves and take them as Masjids and light lamps over them." Many scholars take this prohibition to be one of dislike, regardless of whether the grave is in front of the imam or behind him. According to the zahiri school, this prohibition is one of complete forbiddance and as such, prayer at a grave site is not valid. According to the Hanbali school, this applies only if there are three graves or more. If there is only one or two graves, then the prayer is valid although disliked if one prays facing a grave, otherwise it is not disliked.

:sl: and peaceful greetings :sl:

I haven't looked at all this thread but I was wondering if someone could tell me what the sikh festival is about that will be sometime over the week end I think it is called visakhi (sorry if I spelt it wrong). Thanks :j:

:j:

If Sikh was truly the true religion then how comes it is the latest religion out there....if God truly did not want men to cut their hairs then how comes men did used to do so since Adam and Eve...silly...if keeping long hair and wearing turban is a must then surely God would have told us that right from the beginning of time... :sl:

:sl:

:j:

If Sikh was truly the true religion then how comes it is the latest religion out there....if God truly did not want men to cut their hairs then how comes men did used to do so since Adam and Eve...silly...if keeping long hair and wearing turban is a must then surely God would have told us that right from the beginning of time... :sl:

Duh, all the past religions have been corrupted :no:

Then for you that will include Buddhism as well eh? :sl:

:sl: and peaceful greetings :sl:

I haven't looked at all this thread but I was wondering if someone could tell me what the sikh festival is about that will be sometime over the week end I think it is called visakhi (sorry if I spelt it wrong). Thanks :j:

Baisakhi[using large font size is not allowed] also spelled Vaisakhi, is the festival which celebrates Sikh New Year and the founding of the Sikh community, known as the Khalsa.

The story of the foundation of the Khalsa started with the martyrdom of Guru Teg Bahadur, the 9th Guru, who was publicly beheaded by Mughul rulers for protecting freedom of worship for both Sikhs and Hindus.

The son of Guru Teg Bahadur, who was called Guru Gobind Singh, became the next Guru. He stated that Sikhs should always be prepared to stand up for their beliefs, whatever the cost.

Sikh guards wearing traditional dressIn 1699, Sikhs from all over the Punjab gathered together to celebrate the Hindu harvest festival of Baisakhi. Guru Gobind Singh came out of a tent carrying a sword and requested that anyone prepared to give his life come forward.

A young Sikh came forward and disappeared into the tent with the Guru. Then the Guru reappeared alone with his sword covered in blood and asked for another volunteer. This was repeated another four times until a total of five Sikhs had gone into the tent with him. Everyone present was very worried until eventually all five emerged from the tent alive, with Guru Gobind Singh, and wearing turbans.

The five became known as the Panj Piare, or 'Beloved Five'. Guru Gobind Singh's wife mixed some amrit. The Guru said some prayers over the five and they were sprinkled with the amrit. This is how the Amrit ceremony came into being and these five Sikhs became the first members of the Khalsa.

Teaching ones self that only I am right will take you far away from God. Anything and everything that happens is God's will. Why are you worried about others? You should be worried about the only thing that you can effect. Your own relationship with God.

thecheatah, I know you're probably not around any more to read this, but your 8 posts really touch my heart. The biggest obstacle I see in the search for the truth is the certainty that one has already found it.

Thank you! I was starting to think that i was the only crazy one here for thinking sikhism was something different than what i have been reading on this forum.

i think its because i was sikh that i converted to Islam, because i find that they are similar religions. yes, my mom has pictures of the gurus at her home and no she does not pray to them as if to convey they are a God, so thank u for sharing your information. or perhaps because it was because i was not a practicing sikh and was drawn to how muslims practice their religion on a daily basis. whatever the reason, im not going to question it now.

the point i wanted to make was that i guess it has a lot to do with ignorance and just taking things at face value and not researching and not questioning that we seem to be going around in circles telling each other "my religion is better than yours".....i dont mean literally, but its the message i have gotten just from reading all these posts.

i guess my other point is that this is sure going to be hard to tell my family cause i know they believe some of the points made here about muslims just as some of my muslim friends believe some of what is written here about sikhs. i dont understand why people cant just pick up a good book and read it. is there a good book i can refer to so i can explain to the muslims and sikhs in my life to stop being so.....i guess impossible to talk to about this issue.

i dont see why it has to be so difficult..

Once again I am astounded by the ignorance of some so-called religious, peaceful, loving people. Sikhi is a monotheistic religion. Some of you proceed to defend Islam while stating that you cannot judge the people who incorrectly practice Islam but judge the intent of the religion itself. HOWEVER, when it comes to extending the same courtesy to other religions, you fail to do so. Many Sikhs keep pictures of the Gurus in their homes not because they worship them but because they like to be reminded. You know, it's sort of like how you keep family pictures on the wall. Regardless, the religion and the Sri Guru Granth Sahib state that one should not worship in this way.

One Universal Creator God.

The Name is Truth.

Creative Being Personified. No Fear. No Hatred.

Image Of The Undying, Beyond Birth, Self-Existent

(Jap Ji Sahib)

"The ignorant and the blind wander deluded by doubt; deluded and confused, they pick flowers to offer to their idols." (p. 1264)

"The stone idols have drowned the world, and the Pandits, the religious scholars, have plundered it on the way." (p. 1371)

"Some buy idols and worship them; in their stubborn-mindedness, they make pilgrimages to sacred shrines" (p. 1371)

"They bathe at sacred shrines of pilgrimage, making offerings of flowers, and burning incense before idols." (p. 465)

"Your idol does not feed the hungry, or save the dying" (p. 1271)

These are all direct quotes from the SGGS so they are fact and not just made up off some website with its own agenda. Anyone can look these up in the Sri Guru Granth Sahib who has command of the Gurmukhi script or a good translation. These are just some of MANY quotes from the scriptures that address the negativity of pilgrimage and/or idol worship. Before you run around making unfounded, ignorant, and unsubstantiated remarks, maybe the research should be done more carefully.