Islamic Forum
cormerant

Pls Answer Question As Promised.

are these correct translations? and what does it mean for moslem women in todays society?

Tabari IX:113 “Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur’an.â€

Tabari I:280 “Allah said, ‘It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.’ Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid.â€

PropellerAds

Hi there may I asked where you got that translation from and can you pls show us the Arabic Context in the Quran of the verses you have Quoted :D ?.( keep in mind if u dont bring the arabic verse we are gonna consider this as a forum violation ) .

Sounds like one of those put together verses by Ali Senial :D .

I've never seen or heard of any of the above verses quoted by cormerant. You should be careful where you quote from.

Salamu Alaikum Dear Respected Brothers and Sisters

I don't belive this is of the Qur'an...I think you should show where you got this from:)

Salamu Alaikum

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Brother Alim

Cormerant posted all over the form and lacked sabr in waiting for replies, and when his questions were answered he (like so many) never returned, see here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=23135&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=23135&hl=[/url]

This is why I always ask now if a person is a seeker of truth or a person who just wants to argue and spread mischief.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

Asslamu alaykum

lol, a foolish follower of ali senial...............dDUMB :D

:D :D :D

May Allah protect us from the cursed satan

wassalam

as salaam alaykum

it seems that there are far too many people here just wishing to spread fitna. i think that once those people have been identified there should be a policy to keep them from continuing.

?.( keep in mind if u dont bring the arabic verse we are gonna consider this as a forum violation ) .

my apologies mr mod, is bringing the arabic original a rule? i thought you had to show sources, or in this case simply where in the koran you got the text from?

ive never seen a rule that says someone would have to provide you with the arabic, plus you guys study the koran, you should be aware of that verse or at least be able to look it up and confirm or deny the verses existence.

i only say this because otherwise you open yourself to being accused of suppressing open debate about Islam while trying to protect it. and i know this board has nothing to hide and is happy to debate any point openly and sincerely.

many thanks , i await your response.

i still await the response.

It's not Quotes from Quran.

Don't know too much about this Guy Tabari except for he was a historian/scholar.

Take his opinion for what's it's worth.

I never came across these verses befor, I highly doubt that these would even be based on valid inferences drawn from Quran.

peace

Well, the second quote is I:280 and the first sura of the Quran has 7 verses so this isn't from there... :D

I am rather surprised myself to see that no Muslim has answered this question. If such a thing does come up, we must do our best to clear it up, whether the person is really seeking the truth, or not. Why? Well, because he is not the only one reading this thread, there are many other non-muslims that come here and read this. What do they think that when they see a question is not answered? Well, quite logically and understandable...that this is true, and we can't defend ourselves.

I will take the time to answer this question however. THIS IS NOT A VERSE FROM THE QURAN. There is no Surah called "Tabari". (www.)"http://renaissance.k/myletfor95.html"]Visit this link if you want to find out who Tabari is.[/url] As you can see, he was a historian that lived way after the Quran was revealed.

The Quran would never say something so despicable, and so utterly disgustingly detestable. Islam is a religion of peace, love, and moderation. Our lord, Allah (which, by the way, is the Arabic word for "God", NOT THE "MUSLIM GOD", Allah is the same as the God in the Bible, and the Yehovah in the Torah), is the most merciful of those who are merciful, the most kind of those who are kind, and the most just for those who are just. In Islam, it is man's honourable duty to protect those weaker than him, and it is also his honourable duty to help the opposite sex WITHOUT any sexual benefit for himself. Quite unlike how many Western men behave, eh? To dishonour this duty that our Lord God, most gracious, most merciful has put upon us is HIGH TREASON, and those who commit such grievous sins will be ones that will wear cloaks of burning tar in hell, WHETHER THEY ARE MUSLIM OR NOT!

Peace, Hashim,

You need 50 posts before your links do anything more than just bounce us back to this thread. I've heard of (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Muhammad_ibn_Jarir_al-Tabari"] Muhammad ibn Jarir al-Tabari[/url] before, but I haven't really studied his history. I'd imagine the references are to volumes of his (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/The_commentary_on_the_Qur%27an_%28book%29"]Tafsir al-Tabari[/url], though I don't have any way of knowing if they're quoted accurately.

As ever, Jesse

Hi

There is an online version of tabari (in arabic ) (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.altafsir(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.altafsir(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url] ....i checked with my limited arabic ..but what do the references imply ..does it refer to the verses and chapters or volumes and pages ...

if its chapter and verses..the references doesnt exist ...if its volumes and pages then i cannot be sure ...but i have never heard of such a statement from any scholar and i highly doubt their existence unless its a terrible mistranslation by "you know who" !

Edited by al-malabari

This thread should have died months ago. If a person cannot name the chapter/verse from the Quran then the question should be ignored they are supposedly quoting then it should be ignored.

If you can't take the time to look up the quotation yourself, or you can't find it, then chances are your source is wrong. I see no reason to spend time defending Islam against those that cannot even spend the five minutes it would take to research such a quote.

This thread should have died months ago. If a person cannot name the chapter/verse from the Quran then the question should be ignored they are supposedly quoting then it should be ignored.

If you can't take the time to look up the quotation yourself, or you can't find it, then chances are your source is wrong. I see no reason to spend time defending Islam against those that cannot even spend the five minutes it would take to research such a quote.

I don't think that the person who started this thread could differentiate between Quran and Tamari.

Also think that he may have been banned...hope he acknowledged this error before getting banned.

I don't think that the person who started this thread could differentiate between Quran and Tamari.

Also think that he may have been banned...hope he acknowledged this error before getting banned.

Wow, people Google in these things everyday. I hope that person found out that this is not a part of the Quran, I was looking for info too on this "Chapter" of the Quran, but found nothing.

both quotes are from the TORAH...the friend who posted it, mistook TORAH for Tabri.

Assalaamu Alaikum,

I think so comerant has got his answer brothers and sisters well done!

are these correct translations? and what does it mean for moslem women in todays society?

Tabari IX:113 “Allah permits you to shut them in separate rooms and to beat them, but not severely. If they abstain, they have the right to food and clothing. Treat women well for they are like domestic animals and they possess nothing themselves. Allah has made the enjoyment of their bodies lawful in his Qur’an.â€

Tabari I:280 “Allah said, ‘It is My obligation to make Eve bleed once every month as she made this tree bleed. I must also make Eve stupid, although I created her intelligent.’ Because Allah afflicted Eve, all of the women of this world menstruate and are stupid.â€

When you are analyzing the things critically u need to provide the sources, what the heck with u? What is Tabari? If you don't know the full name or full context then don't try to write stupidity...

hey agreed...where DID the guy get this drivel from?its so pathetic and absurd it made me laugh.the quran saying such sick things....?puh-leeze....

Peace.

Instead of ignoring, I'll prefer to tell what it wrong this guy. This guy is dead wrong. No Qur'anic verse to support his statement.

Peace.