Islamic Forum
rofi

Whats The Craziest Place You've Prayed?

:D

I thought i'd make this after looking at this thread: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=23132&hl="]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=23132&hl=[/url]

So, whats the craziest place you've prayed?

It may inspire others to pray in difficult situations, we shouldnt be scared or embarassed because of what others might think about us, when the time comes, we should find a clean place, and submit!

PropellerAds

ummmmm, well i did pray a few monts ago in the pleasure island theme park..( :D on a huge hill)...oh yeah and a few years ago, i prayed under a huge bridge in blackpool (the beach???!!) with my sisters and aunty.............dont know if these count as "the craziest place/s" lolz......... :D

ma'salaamah

khumara

Edited by khumara

Ive Prayed in a Shops Changing room

I have seen a brother pray in an Undergound Station Mashallah

car park, on ma one :D

(m1 south, i think before sheffield service station) lol

had two compasses telling me different directions, however i trusted one more than other, i went with that and o yeh, i had white marks on mytrousers after :D

OK here's mine:

kings cross station

middle of car park

on a train

a restaurant

and.... a CHURCH!

Just a lil tip, if you live in east london, the sky minidishes are facing the Qiblah!

car park, on ma one :D

(m1 south, i think before sheffield service station) lol

had two compasses telling me different directions, however i trusted one more than other, i went with that and o yeh, i had white marks on mytrousers after :D

:D lols....... :D, :D ppl pray salah in soo many different (**crazy** :D ) places.!! :D

ma'salaamah

Edited by khumara

on a train

Akhi 1st of all nice topic :D

I just like to add some thing regarding praying on Moving transport, if thats ok with you ? :D

In such a situation, the Muslim should pray in the best way that he can, even if he is sitting in his seat and even if he is not facing the qiblah, because Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning): "So keep your duty to Allaah and fear Him as much as you can…" [al-Taghaabun 64:16], and because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: "If I have commanded you to do something, do as much of it as you can." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, al-Fath, no. 7288

An exception to be above is naafil (supererogatory) prayers offered when riding a camel, which is permissible even if one cannot get down or if one is not facing the qiblah. This is known from the report of Ibn 'Umar, who said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray when travelling on his camel, no matter which direction it was facing, and he would gesture with his head to indicate the movements of the night prayer, apart from the obligatory prayers, and he would pray witr on his camel too." (Reported by al-Bukhaari, 945)

Ibn 'Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: "The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) used to pray voluntary (nafl) prayers when riding on his camel, no matter what direction it was facing, when he came from Makkah to Madeenah." Then Ibn 'Umar recited this aayah (interpretation of the meaning): "And to Allaah belong the east and the west, so wherever you turn yourselves or your faces, there is the Face of Allaah (and He is High above, over His Throne)…" [al-Baqarah 2:115]

Ibn 'Umar said: "It was concerning this that this aayah was revealed." (Reported by al-Tirmidhi, 2883; he said, this is a saheeh hasan hadeeth)

We should not forget to point out here that Muslims living in non-Muslim countries sometimes delay or abandon their prayers for another, completely different, reason, which is that they feel too embarrassed to pray in front of the kuffaar in public or open places, or they are afraid that they will make fun of them and regard them as odd. This is a serious mistake. How can a Muslim feel embarrassed about proclaiming the truth and worshipping openly, hastening to fulfil the command of Allaah at the time when Allaah has said it is to be done?

We ask Allaah to help us all to remember Him, to be grateful to Him and to worship Him properly :D

Guest amani

umm

on the plane. the air hostesses were really nice and let us pray at the back :D

on the beach

on a road. loads of traffic so we pulled up and prayed.

in a theme park

airport carpark

white rose centre car park :D

then once when me, blue dew, baree and my sis went out we werent far from home but time was running so we prayed outside in the car park. (asr time) then we didnt feel like going home (work to do :D )so we went somewhere else and prayed (maghrib)in another car park... the Qiblah way was hardest to figure out.

probably inside my car...

so true..we shouldnt be embarassed to pray in wierd places....

i usually find the Qibla by looking at the sun..because i try to visiualise myself at home..and then think about the different positions of the sun (i.e. north, east..etc)...AlhamduLilah it helps.

Don't you think it would be better to do an anonymous poll instead?

The topic may lead to some showing-off.

Allah knows best.

Don't you think it would be better to do an anonymous poll instead?

Hmm, theres only so many options you can add

True, i'll close it if others feel the same.

umm

on the plane. the air hostesses were really nice and let us pray at the back :D

on the beach

on a road. loads of traffic so we pulled up and prayed.

in a theme park

airport carpark

white rose centre car park :D

then once when me, blue dew, baree and my sis went out we werent far from home but time was running so we prayed outside in the car park. (asr time) then we didnt feel like going home (work to do :D )so we went somewhere else and prayed (maghrib)in another car park... the Qiblah way was hardest to figure out.

lol. we still had work to do when we got home, cuz that day of all days everyone decided to eat late. :D

i've prayed in a boat, beach, car parks.

sorry to sound rude, but i personally feel it doesnt lead to showing off, because obviously its a fardh from Allah :D and only Allah :D knows if the salaats were accepted...InshALLAH all our salaats are accepted.

Also...it may encourage others to pray when its time to pray-no matter the location-inshALLAH.

Wallhu Alim

well i dont think the places i've prayed are crazy, because in toronto i guess it is normal, everyone including the non muslims are used to seeing ppl praying in parks schools trains etc

the place where i've prayed the most is the public library or during the summer i pray at wonderland the amusement park when it is prayer time, the good thing about it, is that nobody really cares, they dont stare because its normal but i get asked alot of questions, an I think it actually gives an oppurtunity to educate someone on Islam

Edited by Imaan49

sorry to sound rude, but i personally feel it doesnt lead to showing off, because obviously its a fardh from Allah :D and only Allah :D knows if the salaats were accepted...InshALLAH all our salaats are accepted.

Also...it may encourage others to pray when its time to pray-no matter the location-inshALLAH.

Wallhu Alim

I agree on the fact that it can be encouraging, but I believe the temptation of showing-off still remains.

We already have another topic on this with pics, which is probably more encouraging.

Disney Land Paris entrance :D All my friends were saying to pray in the coach, that would mean sitting down and while the coach was on the move. I thought, it's better to pray standing and if I have the good chance why not? I ignored them all and started my prayer. :D Then they decided to put something (my friends coat) down for me to my sujood on which was sweet of them! :D

Other places are ..

Plane

Ferry

Hospital :D I even prayed taraweeh there :D

Service station car park

Coach

Alton Towers, American Adventures, Camelot. (These are theme parks )

That's it I think. :D

Guest amani

Disney Land Paris entrance :D All my friends were saying to pray in the coach, that would mean sitting down and while the coach was on the move. I thought, it's better to pray standing and if I have the good chance why not? I ignored them all and started my prayer. :D Then they decided to put something (my friends coat) down for me to my sujood on which was sweet of them! :D

would have been quite busy so loads of people looking at you? :D

well i dont think the places i've prayed are crazy, because in toronto i guess it is normal, everyone including the non muslims are used to seeing ppl praying in parks schools trains etc

really? wow..mashaAllah :D

assalamaualikum,

ive prayed in many different places....

beach

plane

loads of car parks

picnic areas

theme parks in miami

lots of other places i cant remember right now.

Asssalamu alaikum

-Public library.

-Service station carparks.

-Drayton Manor (theme park).

-Plane.

-Various department stores.

That's about it.

Ma'assalama

:D Outside a Masjid when the door was locked. It's happened a few times, actually. The Jamaat of about 7 people didn't have the key one time, so we prayed outside in the freezing cold!

That's nothing, though. 3 of my friends said that they got pulled over from the border between Canada and the U.S. They were waiting to be interrogated, but it was Fajr, so they told the immigration officers that they were going to pray. So they prayed Fajr in the Immigration office, the heart of Islamaphobia.

beach

theme park

parking lot

hallway (in stores, in science center)

changing rooms

airplane :D

i dunno what else. :D whenever its time to pray, me and my family find a clean place.. and arent embarrassed or ashamed to do it in front of anyone.

no one has ever said something to us... altho i have recieved and be asked comments of respect.

in the science center..now how does that work, its always soo crowded there

would have been quite busy so loads of people looking at you? :D

really? wow..mashaAllah :D

No idea.. I was praying. :D but yeah, it was busy.