Hasib

Revert Or Born Muslim?

Your Islam  

53 members have voted

1. 1. How did you become muslim?

• Born Muslim
    • Revert (convert)

:sl:

This is just out of curiosity more than anything. You don't have to name names if you are not comfortable :sl:.

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum, I am a bit confused, can you clear something, when you say born into it do you mean born in a Muslim family and following the commandments of Allah since a young age.

Reverted, meaning were born in a non Muslim family and later on found out about Islam and converted, or were a born Muslim, but started following Deen later in life.

I would personally call myself reverted because eventhough I am from a Muslim family, I really started taking Deen seriously and learning about it around the age of 16.

Salaams.

:sl: wr wb

Inshallah Hasib bro can clear it up. :no:

Do you expect to enter Paradise without being tested like those before you? [2:214]

:sl: wr wb :j:

ÇáÓáÇã Úáíßã æ ÑÃãÉ Çááå æ ÈÑßÇÊå

Alhumdulelah

i bron in a muslim family :sl:

æ Úáíßã ÇáÓáÇã

Confusing,

My family follows sufi practices and call them selves "Barelwi" and I Changed and started following salafi Ideology at the age of 20 so I think I falls in the second category, though I didn't vote.

Confusing,

My family follows sufi practices and call them selves "Barelwi" and I Changed and started following salafi Ideology at the age of 20 so I think I falls in the second category, though I didn't vote.

Mashallah akhi, May Allah reward you.

Salaam

everyones born Muslim, so i guess the bro means were u brought up as a Muslim or did u revert,

right??

RasulAllah ( :j: ) said the fitrah is belief in tawheed as muslims.

ANYWAY,

:sl: :sl: :no: I am a revert.

Edited by Basil al-Mamluk

Assalaamu alaykum

I was born into a Muslim family, but I only considered myself an actual Muslim at the point of being able to use my own head...round about the age of 13, when I searched and learned it by myself coupled with experiences. My parents often hinted me toward that direction but allowed me to explore at a young age, until I was able to grasp the knowledge of what they hinted. I am still a learner, have a long way to go, but I must say, I am a healthier and more knowledgeable Muslim than I was a few years ago :sl: I hope Allah continues to guide us all toward the truth.

Assalaamu alaykum

I was born into a Muslim family, but I only considered myself an actual Muslim at the point of being able to use my own head...round about the age of 13, when I searched and learned it by myself coupled with experiences. My parents often hinted me toward that direction but allowed me to explore at a young age, until I was able to grasp the knowledge of what they hinted. I am still a learner, have a long way to go, but I must say, I am a healthier and more knowledgeable Muslim than I was a few years ago :sl: I hope Allah continues to guide us all toward the truth.

Salams,

i am a born muslim.

Salaam, i was born into a practising muslim family, i am really lucky that i have always seen my mum praying, my dad going to the Masjid, its been a good influence from me as a child, and as ive grown up i did question alot of things, why cant we do this, why cant i do that? but i have always had an answer and i couldnt be more happy that Allah SWT chose me to be born into a muslim family.

Alhamdulellah I was born in a muslim family .. also all my uncles , aunts and friends are Muslims .. :sl:

Thank u

Edited by Almuslima

:sl:

Topic starter seem to have forgotten all about his poll, so I have tried to end the confusion he made, and edited both the poll title and poll questions that were written in a confusing way.

Alhumdililah I am a revert. I was a christian for 40 years and by the grace and mercy of Allah, swt, I am Muslim for 16 years now. None of my family were Muslim . I was given a Quran as a present and never knew what Islam was and 3 days later I went to the Masjid in Orange County California and became Muslim.

I now live in Jordan doing hijrah. The king sent me to Hajj and I have done 4 umrah. So when we think of what we don't have, thank Allah he saved me from the hellfire.

Sister Sara

I thought we were all born Muslim and then were either raised as such or changed into something else?

I was raised atheist actually but came to Allah on my own. Hopefully my faith continues to grow and my love for Allah and Islam never ends InshAllah.

Hopefully my faith continues to grow and my love for Allah and Islam never ends InshAllah.

Ameen :sl:

What about you brother Hasib are you a revert or born muslim ?

Peace .. }