Islamic Forum
leechingrabbit

Offensive Commercial

You know, people make offensive movies every day. This isn't the first and it won't be the last. Volkswagen didn't produce this, so I don't see why anyone would be upset about this...unless you're one of those overly sensitive types that takes every possible offense to the Nth degree.

PropellerAds

salaam

this just goes to show how simple it it for the media to make most people believe anything.. When you see or hear something you should not take it at face value. Try getting all sides of the story. The media is all about propoganda.

This ad was a fake, yet most people started causing uproar because they did not look into it.

That's a funny ad.

I've seen footage of real suicide bombings carried out by real suicide bombers and filmed by actual terrorists, on the lunchtime news. Yet it's the rejected spoof ad that is the focus of such invective!!

For those of you in the UK, may i just add..."Calm down dear, it's only a commercial".

I too will boycott VW. It seems they have a major problem with the remote central locking mechanism

Assalamaualikum,

That's a funny ad.

lol....it is funny for a car ad. but they shouldnt have put anything to relate to what's happening in the world.

This commercial is funny and offensive at the same time.

The first time i played the clip, it seemed really funny because the car stopped the bomb from blowing up. :D But, it is offensive because it adds to the stereotype of middle-eastern people being terrorists :D and stuff. So, its sorta like an even split between funny and offensive.

However, I don't think this should be aired on tv.

I didn't find it funny at all. It's disgusting and mean-spirited, and were actual ads made in this fashion you bet I'd organize a boycott of the manufacturer's product. This reinforces negative and false stereotypes, portraying Muslims as barbarian murderers -- when the fact is, nobody in all history has been as barbaric and murderous as the Western nations.

I didn't find it funny at all. It's disgusting and mean-spirited, and were actual ads made in this fashion you bet I'd organize a boycott of the manufacturer's product. This reinforces negative and false stereotypes, portraying Muslims as barbarian murderers -- when the fact is, nobody in all history has been as barbaric and murderous as the Western nations.

That victim costume seems to fit you quite well.

Salaam,

That advert is like sooooooooo old........ I think it was made two years ago. :D

It was a prank advert - Don't worry VW didn't make it!!! :D

Wasalaam