Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Lasagna, I Got My Eye On Ya'

:D

Some day I might attempt to make lasagna. I haven't had time to look up an actual recipe, so I've only brainstormed thus far. Here's the idea in my head, which may or may not work properly... :D

I was thinking to take lasagna type of pasta and boil it as instructed. Then take a baking pan and grease it with butter or margarine. Then lay down a few strips of pasta for the base. Top that with ricotta cheese. Then put another layer of pasta strips. Then put a mixture of vegetables and pasta sauce on top of that. Then put a final layer of pasta strips on top of that. Finally, sprinkle a bunch of shredded mozarella cheese on top of that, and then bake the lasagna until the cheese is all melted.

How does that sound? I don't know yet which vegetables I'd use, but this is where one can be creative. Green beans and chopped carrots might work. Broccoli might work. Mushrooms and spinach might work. Cauliflower and potatoes just wouldn't seem right. Hmmm...

Later.

PropellerAds

Yum yum it sounds nice Bro maybe there's a great chef inside of you :D

assalamaualikum,

that sounds great. im a fan of lasagne.

I did it. I made lasagna! Here’s what I used:

- 1 package lasagna strips (16 ounces)

- 1 jar Ragu pasta sauce

- 1 package Sargento shredded mozzarella cheese (about 2 cups worth)

- 1 tub of ricotta cheese (generic brand)

- 1 package frozen Italian vegetables (zucchini, green beans, cauliflower, carrots)

- my mom’s leftover “qeema†(urdu for ground beef)

The cost for the items (excluding the qeema) was about $8.20 US plus tax. I guess that was reasonable considering the lasagna was enough to serve 5 or 6 people.

My mom wanted to help. I put the lasagna pasta in the pot while she took care of cooking it. She also prepared the vegetables in hot water. In the meantime, my sweet little bro buttered a foil pan.

Next, we laid down a few pasta strips. I took ricotta cheese and spooned it over the pasta. Then I put qeema over that, and poured half the pasta sauce over the top. We laid down another few pasta strips. I again spooned over ricotta cheese. Then I spread the vegetables over that, and poured the remaining pasta sauce over the veggies. I then sprinkled some shredded cheese on top. Then, we laid down the final layer of pasta strips. I then took the mozzarella cheese and put it all over the top. Next, we baked the lasagna (covered) in a 350 degree preheated oven for 45 minutes. I think this temperature was too low, because we had to bake it longer. Then we baked it uncovered for 10 minutes to finalize, which gave it a nice golden brown finish.

The verdict? It was delicious! The ricotta cheese tastes great when cooked. My mom’s qeema was a bit spicy, and I wish we had more mozzarella cheese to put on top, but other than that, it was awesome!

In the first pic below, the lasagna is not yet fully cooked. In the second pic, that was me having a second slice. :D

DSCF0123.jpg

DSCF0124.jpg

Assalamaualikum,

That looks yummy! Please share!!

Asalam Alaykum

That looks really good, so like are you gonna invite us to have a taste of your yummy lasagna? :D

Asalamalikum!!

That Lasgna looks good. I am going to give my mom the recipe so she can make me some.

Asalamalikum