Islamic Forum
Arif

Performing Hajj/umrah/tawaf On Behalf Of Others?

As-salam-alaikum,

Can Hajj/Umrah/Tawaf be performed on behalf of others (dead or living)? Is this acceptable in Islam?

Can anyone post the answer in light of Quran and Sunnah?

Jazakallah Khair.

Ma-salama.

PropellerAds

:D

It is allowed insha'Allah to perform hajj or umrah on behalf of a dead parent, if that parent didn't perform hajj during his/her life span.

As for living persons, I don't think you can, but I'll leave that to someone knowledgeable to confirm.

Find details here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=9124&misc=&offset=0&sort=d"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam-qa(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?ln=eng&d...offset=0&sort=d[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=qa&lv=browse&QR=41855&dgn=4"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_63.175.194.25/index.php?ln=eng&ds=q...&QR=41855&dgn=4[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1124781357705&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Hajj_Umra%2FHajjE%2FHajjE"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...2FHajjE%2FHajjE[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1124781357715&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Hajj_Umra%2FHajjE%2FHajjE"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...2FHajjE%2FHajjE[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1124781358105&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Hajj_Umra%2FHajjE%2FHajjE"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...2FHajjE%2FHajjE[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1124781358137&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Hajj_Umra%2FHajjE%2FHajjE"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...2FHajjE%2FHajjE[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satellite?cid=1124781357651&pagename=IslamOnline-English-Hajj_Umra%2FHajjE%2FHajjE"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...2FHajjE%2FHajjE[/url]

Answered by the Permanent Committee of Saudi Arabia for Fatwâ and Research

When Hâjj becomes obligatory on someone and that person dies before performing it, the amount needed to perform the Hajj should be deducted from the estate of the deceased before it is divided up and distributed among the inheritors. This money should be then used to send someone to perform Hâjj on his behalf.

It is also permissible for someone to perform Hâjj on behalf of the deceased voluntarily without the money coming from the estate of the deceased.

Hâjj is one of the pillars of Islam and the person who is obligated to perform it will not be exempted from it on account of death.

Ibn 'Abbas relates: “A woman of Juhaynah came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: ‘My mother made a vow to perform the Hajj, but did not do so before she died. Shall I perform Hajj on her behalf?’

‘Yes,’ he replied, ‘perform Hajj on her behalf. If your mother owed a debt, would you not have paid it? Pay it for Allah. Allah has more right to have it faithfully discharged.’.†[sahîh al-Bukhârî (1852)]

In another hadîth a woman from the tribe of Khath`am came to the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said “O Messenger of Allah! The obligation of Hajj that Allah has enjoined upon his servants has become incumbent upon my father now while he is old and weak and cannot sit firmly on a mount. Should I perform Hajj on his behalf?â€

The Prophet (peace be upon him) replied: “Perform Hajj on your father’s behalf.†[sahîh al-Bukhârî (1513) and Sahîh Muslim (1334)]

Performing `Umrah on behalf of others is also established by the Sunnah.

`Abû Razîn approached the Prophet (peace be upon him) and said: “My father is an old man and he cannot perform Hâjj, `Umrah or cope with travel.â€

The Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Perform Hâjj and `Umrâh on behalf of your father.†[sunan al-Nisâ’î (2621) and other sources]

islamtoday(contact admin if its a beneficial link)

Assalamu alaikum.

I have heard from ulema that for a person who is alive and his health won't permit him to go for haj, a muslim who has already performed his haj can do a haj-e-badal. We can make tawaf or local umerah and make intention that the thawaab of this may be given to such a such person. Not on behalf of such a such person.

shukran

:sl:

I have heard of many people who go to Hajj and being asked to do Umrah or Nafal Tawaf for them.... so the reward is given to that person... Is that possible? The links bro dot provided are mainly about Hajj... not about Umrah or Nafal Tawaf.

:sl: