Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
justagirl

Eyesight

asalam alikum

just recently i had to get glasses because i became a little nearsighted, my vision is not bad but i still hate having to wear glasses does anyone know of anything that will help my vision improve. please help me, i really need it.

PropellerAds

:D

Welcome to IF Sis it's great to have you here :D

Ermmm do you eat all your carrots? :D I hear they are good for the eyesight :D

lol yeh because of vitamin a , but isnt that supposed to prevent it, i already need glasses :D iused to have 20/20 vision

yea i guess its too late for a cure then but heey still eat all your carrots it might help :D

I always wanted to wear glasses as a youngster but my eyesight was always sooo good alhamdulilah now i think i should go for eyetest because im having little trouble seeing street signs from a distance so who knows i might be joining you soon. B)

salam sis

i also heard carrots r good and also kohl

if u hate glasses u can wear lense?

Guest amani

or try laser? :D i think thats kind of risky though :D

i wear glasses all the time :D you'll get used to it :D

I heard carrots were just a ploy to confuse the german fighter pilots during one of the world wars, because they wanted to find out why the british were so good.

im not too sure but i read somewhere using miswak improves your eyesight??

Advantages of the Miswaak:

1. Miswaak strengthens the gums and prevents tooth decay.

2. Miswaak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further increase of decay which has already set in.

3. Miswaak creates a fragrance in the mouth.

4. Miswaak is a cure for illness.

5. Miswaak eliminates bad odors and improves the sense of taste.

6. Miswaak sharpens the memory.

7. Miswaak is a cure for headaches.

8. Miswaak creates lustre (noor) on the face of the one who continually uses it.

9. Miswaak causes the teeth to glow.

10. Miswaak strengthens the eyesight.

11. Miswaak assists in digestion.

12. Miswaak clears the voice.

13. The greatest benefit of using miswaak is gaining the pleasure of Allah.

14. The reward of Salaah (Prayers) is multiplied 70 times if Miswaak was used before it.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam.tc/Miswaak/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.Islam.tc/Miswaak/[/url]

I dont have the source for this, as I printed it a while back..but InshALLAH another member may post up the authenticity of the following:

The Ayah 50:22 is said to contain shifa for eyesight. Its phonetic and translation of the meaning is as follows:

Laqad kunta fee ghaflatin min hatha fakashfna AAanka ghitaaka fabasaruka alyawma hadeedun

(It will be said:) "Thou wast heedless of this; now have We removed thy veil, and sharp is thy sight this Day!"

Wallhu Alim

you can do eye exercises 20 minutes a day that are supposed to improve your eyesight

eye exercises are?

Well you can get contacts instead of glasses.

when you do eye exercises, you move your eyes in different patterns. There is a website online, called eyerobics(contact admin if its a beneficial link) I believe, where you can pay and they'll show you how it's done.

I used to do them, and it seemed to work, but then I got my contacts, and got lazy and stopped doing them.

The whole point behind it is that your eyes are designed to look far away. When you are reading, you're too close, and your eye muscles weaken from lack of use, which in turn makes your eyeball egg shaped. So, just like with any other muscle , you can exercise your eye muscles to make them stronger, which will then make your eye ball round, which will focus the light to fall straight on your retina, instead of behind or infront of it.

I read somewhere that Native American used this method to keep their eye shight sharp.

Edited by dzenan

As Salaamu Aleykum!

justagirl I know a method with which you can get your vision back to 20/20.

You know the tablet wich contains E's that gradually get smaller with which they test your eyesight. You can get one or you can you use your TV and watch a program that displays subtitles.

Position yourself away from the TV so that it's kind of hard for you to see the subtitles but not impossible. Then the next step for you to do is to stare at the subtitles and try to read them with extremely relaxed eyes, let them just be open,don't strain them. You will notice that you will be able to read them after awhile. Sometimes as soon as 15 seconds you start get to get clear flashes of what you're supposed to read.

You can also close your eyes and put your hands over them so that your hand doesn't touch the eyeball. Keep your eyes closed for 15-30 seconds and then open them and look at the subtitles. It will make your vision better.

I guarantee you that this method works. If you have any questions conserning it feel free to ask them. Good luck!

just for clarification, carrots help with night vision rather than short/longsightedness. they contain a chemical which increases the number of particular cells in ur eye which help u see in the dark.

im not too sure but i read somewhere using miswak improves your eyesight??

Advantages of the Miswaak:

1. Miswaak strengthens the gums and prevents tooth decay.

2. Miswaak assists in eliminating toothaches and prevents further increase of decay which has already set in.

3. Miswaak creates a fragrance in the mouth.

4. Miswaak is a cure for illness.

5. Miswaak eliminates bad odors and improves the sense of taste.

6. Miswaak sharpens the memory.

7. Miswaak is a cure for headaches.

8. Miswaak creates lustre (noor) on the face of the one who continually uses it.

9. Miswaak causes the teeth to glow.

10. Miswaak strengthens the eyesight.

11. Miswaak assists in digestion.

12. Miswaak clears the voice.

13. The greatest benefit of using miswaak is gaining the pleasure of Allah.

14. The reward of Salaah (Prayers) is multiplied 70 times if Miswaak was used before it.

(www.)"http://Islam.tc/Miswaak/"]Islam.tc/Miswaak/[/url]

salam

do you just use it on your mouth and it helps your eye sight?

yessss are you serious? its weird some times i do get some clear flashes

but you see when i wear my glasses then take them off and look at a far distance they hurt, they probably need time adjusting

thankyouthankyouthankyou

As Salaamu Aleykum!

justagirl I know a method with which you can get your vision back to 20/20.

You know the tablet wich contains E's that gradually get smaller with which they test your eyesight. You can get one or you can you use your TV and watch a program that displays subtitles.

Position yourself away from the TV so that it's kind of hard for you to see the subtitles but not impossible. Then the next step for you to do is to stare at the subtitles and try to read them with extremely relaxed eyes, let them just be open,don't strain them. You will notice that you will be able to read them after awhile. Sometimes as soon as 15 seconds you start get to get clear flashes of what you're supposed to read.

You can also close your eyes and put your hands over them so that your hand doesn't touch the eyeball. Keep your eyes closed for 15-30 seconds and then open them and look at the subtitles. It will make your vision better.

I guarantee you that this method works. If you have any questions conserning it feel free to ask them. Good luck!

salam

thank you i think ur right! although i've never tried this, i will though. i have a question. is the computer's light bad for your eyes?

when you do eye exercises, you move your eyes in different patterns. There is a website online, called eyerobics I believe, where you can pay and they'll show you how it's done.

I used to do them, and it seemed to work, but then I got my contacts, and got lazy and stopped doing them.

The whole point behind it is that your eyes are designed to look far away. When you are reading, you're too close, and your eye muscles weaken from lack of use, which in turn makes your eyeball egg shaped. So, just like with any other muscle , you can exercise your eye muscles to make them stronger, which will then make your eye ball round, which will focus the light to fall straight on your retina, instead of behind or infront of it.

I read somewhere that Native American used this method to keep their eye shight sharp.

hey i dont want to buy it , can you plz show me how to do some ? i dont like wearing glasses

salam

thank you i think ur right! although i've never tried this, i will though. i have a question. is the computer's light bad for your eyes?

As salaamu aleykum!

I don't know if the computer's light is bad for your eyes but you shouldn't spend too much time in front of the computer as it can worsen some people's eyesight.

I went from -2,5 to -1 by using the technique that I desribed.

Good luck,sister!

As salaamu aleykum!

I don't know if the computer's light is bad for your eyes but you shouldn't spend too much time in front of the computer as it can worsen some people's eyesight.

I went from -2,5 to -1 by using the technique that I desribed.

Good luck,sister!

oh good for you.

good job. :D

So you can become nocturnal by eating carrots? Thats amazing! Also, I never knew a miswak could do all that :[##][/##] I read somewhere that Yoga also helps eyesight...Dont ask me how though :D

There is no cure for bad eye sight according to my Uncle who is an Eye doctor that lives in Pakistan. I tried Misweek, but its tought keeping it clean, and it smells really bad. Eye excersies take to long, and are a waste of time. Most people get bad eye sight because it's in their Genes, and Genes are changing.

The only cure would be to wear your glasses, and contacts...

Asalamalikum

If you need to be on the computer just put on 100% UV protection sun glasses. Hey they work for me.

You sound pretty lazy :D Can anyone post some eye exercises or something? It'd be helpful :D