Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
elif74

chemistry question

selam,

i actually forgot some things about chemistry bec. for 5 years or more i have not been studying it...your question:

"0.50 moles of chlorine gas were passed into an aqueous solution containing 0.66 moles of EACH of sodium bromide and sodium iodide. assuming that all of the chlorine reacted, calculate the number of moles of iodine produced"

let me try,

the eqxn:

Cl2 (g) ---> 2Cl- (aq)

2Cl + 2NaBr + 2NaI---> 2NaCl + Br2 + I2

i dont know this is true or not do you have any idea??

work slave work ! :D

PropellerAds

salam wa alikum,

CL2 + NABr+ NaI----> 2Nacl + Br- + I-

is the correct equation,

chok merci (thanks)

selam,

the first eqxn that i write is necessary bec. it needs to change phase from gaseous to aquaous (anyway skip this part bec. you are studying at college)

and then is this limiting reagent question or chemical equilibrium?????

as far as i remember br- is more selective and i- is more reactive and i- goes to consume completely?????

btw, your turkish seems like my awful english....i usually ruin whole english....u may say where i am wrong everytime....

bir shey deghil.. (it is not important, but if you translate word by word it is not one thing)

lol after 1st year of uni (1999), i've never had to look at chem again LOL ! !

hmm I ditched chemistry...never did much work for the course and skipped all the last tests b4 I finally wrote a letter to the principal and asked him to free me from that "chemistry hell"...well not quite in that way but you get me.

wsalaam