Islamic Forum
Samee

Something I Did

:D

So, to make things REALLY short, I made a listing on ebay. I wrote all about Xbox 360, but that the auction was only for PICTURES of the console. Some guy ended up buying it for over 200 dollars. I know he probably thought it was for the console itself, but I wrote in the description that it was for pictures of the console, not the actual console.

The link can be found here: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_cgi.ebay(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=8248097038&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_cgi.ebay(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...AMESO%3AIT&rd=1[/url]

Should I keep the money he sent me? Is what I did right? I don't think I scammed the guy- I wrote in there that it was for pictures.

Hopefully someone can give me the Islamic standpoint on what to do.

PropellerAds

Peace,

If you're a decent man I'd give the guy his money back immediately.

Brother, I think you scammed the guy in my opinion. The title of your listing is "Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Game Console" not pictures of Xbox 360 console and I for one can't find you saying you are selling pictures in the description. As you know the demand for this console is very high and people would be rushing and not reading the fine print. I believe you should have made it more apparent that it was only pictures. For what you are supposed to do, I think you can asked someone more qualified for that.

"This auction is for over 6 pictures of the aforementioned Xbox 360! You won't be dissapointed!"

That's where I wrote it. I think I should give the guy his money back, probably deny his payments or whatever. I just don't know. Its like giving someone a package, telling them there's nothing inside, and selling it.

asalam Alaykum

Misleading advertisement! Wow the horror on his face as he sees what he paid for. :D

Not too familiar with ebay, but isn't there some way you can clarify this with the guy? Ask him if he's sure he wants the pictures for 200 dollars.. :D

LOL. That's great. I'd give him the money back, if it were me. Still, how can someone be that careless? Or maybe he's hoping to sue you if you don't send him an Xbox360, claiming you had misleading advertising.

And why are you selling pictures of an Xbox360? :D Were you hoping something like this would happen?

I'd advise you to give him his money back because, i don't think he has payed $200 for pictures of an Xbox, but rather for the actual console itself.

Do the decent thing....inshaAllah and your reward will be greater!

I don't know how eBay works, but I can see the item is listed under VIDEO GAMES > SYSTEMS, and titled "Microsoft Xbox 360 Premium Game Console," the title gives the impression that you're selling the console, no one would even think that you're selling pictures (!). You could have put it under the 'Other' category.

You deceived them, brother. It's un-Islamic, and I'm surprised anyone could do this. :D

And why are you selling pictures of an Xbox360? Were you hoping something like this would happen?

Exactly what I'm thinking.

Also, under description shouldn't you be describing the item you're selling i.e. the pictures? and not what's in the pictures? bro, come on. That's unbelievable.

Assalamu'Alikum,

If you really wanted to sell the pictures you would be talking about the quality of the pictures NOT the much about the console...Like...

"...The pictures are in emaculate condition with a sublime layer of see through plastic wrapped around. It perfectly and accurately depicts the XBOX 360 like no other picture!"

...You see what i am saying? You scammed him hard!! Most(99.9999999999999%) of people would be scammed by that!

Fee Amanillah.

:D dear muslims

lol i read about this on another site, saying that some guy was selling pictures of a 360 for alot of $$$/£££

Im not sure if it you or someone else doing this though.#

Anyways, i guess u shud give the money back.

Assalamu alaikum

Why would anyone want to buy pictures of the console anyhow? :D Give the money back, brother. :D :D

Ma'assalama

Ok, he hasn't paid me yet, but I will deny his payment that he sent me and tell him what happened.

People should learn to read next time :D