Islamic Forum
Hasib

Random Incoherence

Random B.S.: I walked into The Missing Persons Bureau the other day, but no one was there.

PropellerAds

Wow nobody has been here in ages!

Wow nobody has been here in ages!

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh akhi,

How are you and your family? I'm not certain but didn't you get married some time ago... or is my brain just playing tricks on me? :S

May Allaah bless you and your family and give you all good in this life and in the hereafter.

Random fact about me: I am not very good at coming up with random facts.

Apparently. Just post what's going on (within the confines of what is allowed by the rules here).

Like...My new phone is nice, but I still have reservations. Hopefully it will grow on me.

Saw an interesting documentary about Tulipomania.

Tulip mania or tulipomania was a period in the Dutch Golden Age during which contract prices for bulbs of the recently introduced tulip reached extraordinarily high levels and then suddenly collapsed.[2] At the peak of tulip mania, in February 1637, some single tulip bulbs sold for more than 10 times the annual income of a skilled craftsman. It is generally considered the first recorded speculative bubble (or economic bubble).

more on this subject at (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbusinessweek(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2000/00_17/b3678084.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetbusinessweek(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/2000/00_17/b3678084.htm[/url] and (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Tulipmania"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/Tulipmania[/url]

Has anyone been in contact with umAhmad?

No. I have tried several times with nothing. I'm not sure what is up. I hope she is alright.

:sl:

Random fact about me: I am not very good at coming up with random facts.

What part of TX are you in?

Random: I bought a Playbook recently.

What part of TX are you in?

Dallas

Dallas
Oh aite.. I guess most obvious :sl: .. I was in Plano, TX recently.. nice place.. traffic is tame and people are friendly. I didn't venture out to Dallas though so I'm unsure. Saw a lot more churches per sq.<area> though.. coming from where I'm coming that stands out but its okay I guess. Gas is so cheap I'm really jealous :sl:..

Forgot to add.. any places you'd recommend to visit for a first timer? I went to Allen outlets already, Stonebriar and just driving around. Might go to Houston to check out NASA :sl:..

Oh aite.. I guess most obvious :sl: .. I was in Plano, TX recently.. nice place.. traffic is tame and people are friendly. I didn't venture out to Dallas though so I'm unsure. Saw a lot more churches per sq.<area> though.. coming from where I'm coming that stands out but its okay I guess. Gas is so cheap I'm really jealous :no: ..

I suppose there are a lot of churches. And yes, gas is nice and cheap around here, and it can be even lower if you know where to look. Traffic probably is worse towards downtown Dallas, so the suburban cities are probably better for just driving around in, although some of the main artery roads connecting the larger suburbs to Dallas can get bad too.

Forgot to add.. any places you'd recommend to visit for a first timer? I went to Allen outlets already, Stonebriar and just driving around. Might go to Houston to check out NASA :sl: ..

Places in Dallas to visit? I guess that depends on what you like to do. There is an arts district downtown with some nice museums. The North Park Center is a pretty posh place to shop at. I don't really get to do any fine dining since I have a family with small children. If you like sports, the Mavericks play in the AA center just north of downtown. The other big teams (Rangers and Cowboys) are actually in Arlington, which also has Six Flags and some other amusement parks. Stonebriar is a nice shopping mall too. Actually, sports and shopping are probably the two best touristy things you can do in the Dallas area. That and some nice restaurants, but I can't really offer any suggestions for that. Basically, its a nice place to be if you have money, but can be a little boring if you are trying to be more budget conscious.

Things specifically for Dallas though? The Sixth Floor Museum is one, since Dallas is where JFK was killed. You can actually stand on the grassy knoll if you want to be a conspiracy nut. The sort of nearby Forth Worth Stockyards are probably something else you could try to see if you have the time. There are some museums that are nice to visit, but they aren't really Dallas/Ft. Worth specific stuff.

Oh, and if you can visit in the fall, you have to go to the State Fair of Texas at Fair Park. It's a huge deal here and is pretty much a must see for any first time visitor who can time their visit.

No. I have tried several times with nothing. I'm not sure what is up. I hope she is alright.

Assalaamu alaikum wa rahmatullaahi wa barakaatuh akhi,

Do you know anyone on the forum who would be in contact with her? She hasn't been on Gawaher for over 1 year. I can't help but think bad things.

I met her son in law a few times when I visited Canada.. he just said shes busy with house work although I don't buy that. Anyway Inshallah'khair. I hope she is well.

I have some idea about where 'new years' originated from. Funny how I never thought about it before.

I met her son in law a few times when I visited Canada.. he just said shes busy with house work although I don't buy that. Anyway Inshallah'khair. I hope she is well.

:no:

Now that I think about it, I'm sure there is a good reason for her not wanting to visit the forum.

Anyway, how are you and your family bro?

I have some idea about where 'new years' originated from. Funny how I never thought about it before.

Do tell :sl:

Oh I watched this short video by Abdul Hakim Quick online. Thats where I got the info.

Oh I watched this short video by Abdul Hakim Quick online. Thats where I got the info.

Ye..??

^^ lol, why the question mark?

------------------------------------------------

Nothing like sitting on the grass and watching the sun rise on a warm summery day. Alhumdulillah.

Assalamu Alaikum, Alhamdulillah I am okay, how are you Hasib and who is AbuFirdaws. It was probably my son whom you met Hasib not my son in law.

Just had some issues and got indulged in them. InshaAllah will be here as often as time permits.

Take care.