Islamic Forum
Hasib

Random Incoherence

Well, to be fair, I was a bit younger and always on the go then. It's also very hard to fall asleep on a working film set. :)

• Like 1

PropellerAds

Banning the headscarf makes no sense to me. O_o So weird. Like what does a headscarf stop people from doing? Do they perform their schoolwork/jobs better without it? Where do people come up with these ideas? (Aside from being ignorant)  :blink: Why should I be occupied with other people's clothes? I mean as long as the person isn't smelly or something, and looks neat, what's the problem? 

I've argued that for some time, especially since I started to wear one. And it infuriates me when I get accused of destroying women's rights because I wear hijab. And that I should have my right to decide how to dress taken away from me, while the people who advocate for that would never allow their rights to be taken away.

• Like 2

Banning the headscarf makes no sense to me. O_o So weird. Like what does a headscarf stop people from doing? Do they perform their schoolwork/jobs better without it? Where do people come up with these ideas? (Aside from being ignorant)  :blink: Why should I be occupied with other people's clothes? I mean as long as the person isn't smelly or something, and looks neat, what's the problem? 

In Turkey anti-headscarf people (especially women) think that the increasing number of women who wear headscarf will force women who do not wear headscarf. LOL What kind of thought is that..... And many think that it is a symbol of politics of AKP in Turkey. They have no idea -_-

• Like 1

In Turkey anti-headscarf people (especially women) think that the increasing number of women who wear headscarf will force women who do not wear headscarf. LOL What kind of thought is that..... And many think that it is a symbol of politics of AKP in Turkey. They have no idea -_-

Can you give a percentage of these anti-headscarf people.

Can you give a percentage of these anti-headscarf people.

Like %15 or less lol But their voice is too loud somehow. And they are educated people in general, like professors in universities, lawyers, teachers or students in universities.

Like %15 or less lol But their voice is too loud somehow. And they are educated people in general, like professors in universities, lawyers, teachers or students in universities.

InshaAllah, the pro-Hijabis will replace them in the future.

InshaAllah, the pro-Hijabis will replace them in the future.

Inshallah. The numbers of Hijabis are extremely increasing bro, so no worries :D Until a very short time, headscarf was always a problem for studying in universities and working with it. When it is completely solved,  am sure this numbers will increase much more inshallah. I believe in this.

• Like 1

I always shake my head at people clamoring for freedom and rights, who then turn around and deny freedom and rights to others because they are different.

I always shake my head at people clamoring for freedom and rights, who then turn around and deny freedom and rights to others because they are different.

You can't do anything more than this anyway. Because they never listen to you.

Oh I know. It just makes me want to shake them. Of course, with hijab (at least here) it is always seen as oppression of females and shouted about. What makes it sad is that I know within my own circle of friends that most of the people saying that Islam oppresses women, the men beat and torment their wives, girlfriends, etc.

Oh I know. It just makes me want to shake them. Of course, with hijab (at least here) it is always seen as oppression of females and shouted about. What makes it sad is that I know within my own circle of friends that most of the people saying that Islam oppresses women, the men beat and torment their wives, girlfriends, etc.

Ask them if they have any muslim friends doing all of these. Lol If they don't have any, suggest them to have muslim friends.

Most believe that only dead Muslims are good ones. I swear, I live in redneck central where that is the prevailing attitude.

Most believe that only dead Muslims are good ones. I swear, I live in redneck central where that is the prevailing attitude.

Now this is so interesting. I guess they are mostly conservative people.

They are the Tea Party people here. The radical fringe rightwing folks. But the thing is, I was an original member of the Tea Party movement, when it was founded as an offshoot of Ron Paul's group. Then it was for fiscal matters and not anything else. Lately, it has become tied to racist, Islamophobic, hate-filled people who want to turn the US into only a Christian nation. Despite the fact that there are more than 50 different denominations of Christianity that believe many different things. Myself, I just want to be able to live my life as best I can.

They are the Tea Party people here. The radical fringe rightwing folks. But the thing is, I was an original member of the Tea Party movement, when it was founded as an offshoot of Ron Paul's group. Then it was for fiscal matters and not anything else. Lately, it has become tied to racist, Islamophobic, hate-filled people who want to turn the US into only a Christian nation. Despite the fact that there are more than 50 different denominations of Christianity that believe many different things. Myself, I just want to be able to live my life as best I can.

How are you getting by? A friend of mine converted about a year ago, and she lives in Illinois. She's like the only Muslim in her community. I think she's going to move to where there are more Muslims.

I struggle, but I keep going. Right now, it is just something I take each day at a time, while I figure out what my future will be. Whether I move to Germany or Tennessee (for my job) or even another opportunity to head to Orlando for several months...it just all depends. And it gives me a lot to write about honestly. Seriously, I use everything I experience in my writing, so in a way...it isn't as bad as it feels some times. (And Virginia has a large Muslim population...Illinois, Virginia and Florida are the top three states for number of Muslims per capita according to the US Census.)

• Like 1

I struggle, but I keep going. Right now, it is just something I take each day at a time, while I figure out what my future will be. Whether I move to Germany or Tennessee (for my job) or even another opportunity to head to Orlando for several months...it just all depends. And it gives me a lot to write about honestly. Seriously, I use everything I experience in my writing, so in a way...it isn't as bad as it feels some times. (And Virginia has a large Muslim population...Illinois, Virginia and Florida are the top three states for number of Muslims per capita according to the US Census.)

Oh I see. Hope your plans turn out well.

Hmm, I didn't know Illinois actually had quite a Muslim population.

I think it is mostly limited to the Chicago area and such. At least from what I know. Likewise, most of the Muslim population in Virginia is generally around Northern Virginia, but there are several masjids here too.

I just have to decide what I want to do career-wise, since as I've mentioned before...my current company does handle mostly insurance (though not my department) and I have an opportunity to go to work for Disney, if I took them up on it.

Yes, down in Florida. Walt Disney World Resort (and everything that covers) is a place that a couple years ago I wanted to work at very much.

Though, I am not sure how things would go now. They obviously didn't know anything about my reversion...and it has been a few years since I was there last (I know they have a group from Morocco that work there every year in Epcot). So I'd have to find out that first.

• Like 1