Islamic Forum
Hasib

Random Incoherence

More Random-ishness

It annoys me when people go out of their way to be respectful of "born" muslims in the name of cultural diversity,  but then think reverts are nuts....

• Like 1

PropellerAds

More Random-ishness

It annoys me when people go out of their way to be respectful of "born" muslims in the name of cultural diversity,  but then think reverts are nuts....

Do you mean treating reverts differently?

Coke + Hot sauce chips + peanut granola bar = predinner (or whatever it is you call the time between lunch and dinner) linner? dunch? I don't know, lol

#Whathappenswhenyoudon'tpackfood

More Random-ishness

:sl:

I think they do not want to look arrogant in front of reverts

DUNCH! lol it called Tea

breakfast

Brunch

Lunch

Tea

Dinner

Supper

:)

Edited by ala'adin
  • Like 1

Do you mean treating reverts differently?

In my experience, often the same people who talk about respecting Muslims (meaning those who are born into the faith & therefore it is their cultural/family heritage) and Islamic values will be puzzled as to why a person born into a non-Islamic culture or family (i.e. western culture) would choose to revert to Islam and all its "restrictions" and obligatory rituals (making wudu, fasting, praying 5 times a day).  Often these folks are atheists or nominal christians, so that is probably where the lack of understanding lies as to why one would choose to take on a new and (to their eyes) "burdensome" religion when one is not required to do so (i.e. the revert chooses Islam rather than following it based on family norms).

• Like 1

In my experience, often the same people who talk about respecting Muslims (meaning those who are born into the faith & therefore it is their cultural/family heritage) and Islamic values will be puzzled as to why a person born into a non-Islamic culture or family (i.e. western culture) would choose to revert to Islam and all its "restrictions" and obligatory rituals (making wudu, fasting, praying 5 times a day).  Often these folks are atheists or nominal christians, so that is probably where the lack of understanding lies as to why one would choose to take on a new and (to their eyes) "burdensome" religion when one is not required to do so (i.e. the revert chooses Islam rather than following it based on family norms).

Ohh I see what you mean. Hmm, interesting. Yeah it has to be coming from a lack of understanding. 

:sl: all,

Glad to see this thread alive and well.

Hope everyone is well.

I make sincere dua to help our people around the globe who are suffering :(.

• Like 1

Yes, down in Florida. Walt Disney World Resort (and everything that covers) is a place that a couple years ago I wanted to work at very much.

I used to live in FL many years ago.. just 30 mins N of Miami.

I haven't lived there, but I have been in the Orlando area quite a bit. One of the colleges I looked at is in Orlando too. I wanted to study hospitality at UCF. But I still want to work at Disney World.

Hehe...not exactly, but one of my friends is in the College Program right now there. She works as a concierge at one of the resorts, but spends most of her free time in the parks doing crazy stuff. :) I'd love it I know.

Though I have a feeling that WDW would not allow headscarves to be worn, mainly because they maintain certain standard looks. I mean, guys have a maximum length their hair can be, girls have a minimum length. And headscarves don't work with most of their costumes in general areas (such as food & beverage, merchandise and so forth). So I'll have to see.

Before you start WDW come up with a character that wears hijbab! that way you can get yourself and others in costume.

Call the character "Deeni" minnie's long lost muslim cousin :P

• Like 1

Must graduate. Must graduate. Must graduate. My only motivation for doing schoolwork right about now.  :mellow:

• Like 1

Keep posting posts? Yup, I'm definitely procrastinating, lol

^^That looks delicious...depending on what's on the inside of those leaves lol.... chicken? rice? :p

I can't cook :-(

Again cooking time!

:sl: all,

Funky stuff hehehe. I used to cook great stuff.. then I lost it all.

Got married  :blink: and the very next day I forgot how to even boil water.

• Like 2

^^LOL

Wow, knowing the kinds of things people do to rats for research purposes makes me appreciate my life a little bit more, lol

They drug them with cocaine in one environment until they build a tolerance to the drug and then when they're put in a different environment, and given the same dosages, that built tolerance disappears and they die from severe withdrawal... :/ The rats must feel horrible.... 

Only in New York City would you see a guy rolling a blunt (cigar filled with marijuana) on the train. :mellow:  LOLLLLLLLLLLLLL