Islamic Forum
philosopher

What Can We Do?

What can we do to take back our faith from those who justify suicide bombings, ignorantly bash our Jewish brothers and sisters, and behead innocent people? I feel that when we are silent about these crimes, it as if we are somewhat guilty. How do you think we can engage our fellow Muslims who have gone astray into twisting the words of Allah (swt), and justify act of terror, such as we saw in Bali, Jordan, and many other places around the world?

PropellerAds

Assalaam Alaikum

You seem to be so preoccupied with those who justify suicide bombing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And people dont go around taking their own life because they hate it so much, rather to them its the only way to fight the enemy. Have you ever asked yourself why they do this in the first place É

Some people bash Zionists, not Jews, there is a huge difference between the two.

Assalaam Alaikum

You seem to be so preoccupied with those who justify suicide bombing. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. And people dont go around taking their own life because they hate it so much, rather to them its the only way to fight the enemy. Have you ever asked yourself why they do this in the first place É

Some people bash Zionists, not Jews, there is a huge difference between the two.

You are correct in stating everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but Islam clearly says that in all cases killing innocent people is wrong. Islam also says suicide is wrong. Islam is a religion of peace, there is no way it allows for one to blow oneself up and murder the innocent women and children in markets places, no matter if it is in Baghdad or Tel Aviv.

While everyone is entitled to their own opinion, we must speak out and express our dissent to the opinion which we view as undermining our Islamic values, no matter if that innocent life is fellow Muslim or of an other religion.

Salam

Assalam Alaikum

True, but as Muslims we are also suppose to stand up firmly against any unjustice committied against us (Muslims). But i also know that there are ways for one to depend themselfs without transgressing the limits. And although i am not for suicide bombing anymore, these people dont have the same technology and weapons that their enemies possess. Thus suicide is their only tactic in defending themselfs. We dont know half the stuff that happenes in Baghdad or Tel Aviv, aside from what we hear in the media, there are two sides to every story.

Assalam Alaikum

True, but as Muslims we are also suppose to stand up firmly against any unjustice committied against us (Muslims). But i also know that there are ways for one to depend themselfs without transgressing the limits. And although i am not for suicide bombing anymore, these people dont have the same technology and weapons that their enemies possess. Thus suicide is their only tactic in defending themselfs. We dont know half the stuff that happenes in Baghdad or Tel Aviv, aside from what we hear in the media, there are two sides to every story.

Attacking marketplaces or bus stops is in no way defending yourself. You are correct when saying we Muslims we should speak out against injustice done to us, but if we ignore injustice done by us we are just a bad as the one who commit justice upon us.

Assalam alaikum

Attacking marketplaces or bus stops is in no way defending yourself.
Very true, and I never said that attacking marketplaces or bus stops was a means of defending one self, because the Prophet :D did clearly state that killing women, children, and the elderly is Haram. But there is nothing wrong with attacking military personnels.

What can we do to take back our faith from those who justify suicide bombings, ignorantly bash our Jewish brothers and sisters, and behead innocent people? I feel that when we are silent about these crimes, it as if we are somewhat guilty. How do you think we can engage our fellow Muslims who have gone astray into twisting the words of Allah (swt), and justify act of terror, such as we saw in Bali, Jordan, and many other places around the world?

how about we worry about establishing the laws of Allah over His lands first (khilafah)? thats more important then wasting time trying to please others, Allah is more deserving of praises, we dont need to "take back" anything we need to establish Islamic state.

Assalam alaikum

Very true, and I never said that attacking marketplaces or bus stops was a means of defending one self, because the Prophet :D did clearly state that killing women, children, and the elderly is Haram. But there is nothing wrong with attacking military personnels.

In a state of war you are correct. Though killing people in a state of peace is always wrong. As we have seen during recent years, suicde bombings against military sites only fules the cycle of violence. But getting back on topic, how do you people think we can enage to extremist in our ummah and convice them that violence is not the correct method to reaching lasting peace?

how about we worry about establishing the laws of Allah over His lands first (khilafah)? thats more important then wasting time trying to please others, Allah is more deserving of praises, we dont need to "take back" anything we need to establish Islamic state.

pleasing others? Allah (swt) would not want his perfect religon to be used for violence. We are not "pleasing others" when condemn acts of terrorism, no matter who commits it, Muslm or non-Muslim. It do not see affirming to others that Islam is peace as a waste of time. Salam

Good post Zaffy, brave one too I might add.

In my mind the root of the problem seems to be hatred, something that just seems to pour out of this forum. This is different than saying there is not cause for grievance in many circumstances. The world seems to be in a continuous state of conflict between peoples or nations, emotions may heat up but things tend to get settled. But if there exists a deep seated hatred, peaceful resolution does not seem to be possible.

Practically, hatred prevents the intellect from making the correct choices. A fighter in the ring does not express anger. If you find yourself in a fight for your life, keeping your wits about you greatly enhances your chances of sucess. Hatred is a negative and destructive emotion.

If hatred clouds the intellect, it virtually blinds your spiritual sense. I don't understand why anyone who professes to follow the word of God can preach hatred. One can dismiss terror as the act of a misguided few, but if one allows hatred to grow and be an integral part of your religion, it will have deep and distructive consequences.

Stand up for what you believe, but don't let hatred fill your soul.

:D welcome to the forum, Zaffy! (Does that stand for Zafer, by any chance?)

Committing suicide and killing innocent civilians is haram. Period, end of story. How the media distorts the israeli/Palestinian conflict is another story. I think the reason why we Muslims are quick to answer the suicide bomber question with israel is doing this and that is because the media is totally one sided and does not show the utter apartheid that the Palestinians have been going through. Because there is no voice in the media saying "Hey, maybe this giant wall or bulldozed houses or millions of refuges and curfews has something to do with it", we feel a need to express our dismay and talk about the cause instead of the effect. Then we come off as anti-Semitic (wrongly) or conspiracy theorists. So, this is a delicate subject, which is tough to talk about, but it is an important one, because most of the people in America trust their media, which shows the suicide bomber as a result of our religion, rather than years of oppression and slaughter.

What can we do to take back our faith from those who justify suicide bombings, ignorantly bash our Jewish brothers and sisters, and behead innocent people?

So the kufaar are brothers and sisters now? Asta'3furullah el 3azeem.

:D welcome to the forum, Zaffy! (Does that stand for Zafer, by any chance?)

Committing suicide and killing innocent civilians is haram. Period, end of story. How the media distorts the israeli/Palestinian conflict is another story. I think the reason why we Muslims are quick to answer the suicide bomber question with israel is doing this and that is because the media is totally one sided and does not show the utter apartheid that the Palestinians have been going through. Because there is no voice in the media saying "Hey, maybe this giant wall or bulldozed houses or millions of refuges and curfews has something to do with it", we feel a need to express our dismay and talk about the cause instead of the effect. Then we come off as anti-Semitic (wrongly) or conspiracy theorists. So, this is a delicate subject, which is tough to talk about, but it is an important one, because most of the people in America trust their media, which shows the suicide bomber as a result of our religion, rather than years of oppression and slaughter.

thanks for the welcome :D ,

I agree with you that suicide bombings killing civilians are never justified; the problem is a lot of us say "Suicide bombings are wrong, but"...

Even after we admit they are wrong we still attempt to justify them. It is true the the people of Palistine have been through things no people should have to go through. That does not justify terror. They way to peace is through the ballot box, not through bombs. We complain about the media coverage, but we should not commit acts that are negative things from them to report then. We can't blame the media for all of our problems. Im sure you are npt anti-semitic, but there are many Muslim who are. When anything goes bad they blame the "Zionist Conspiracy", these peole who do this are in the minority though, but they have been the ones who have spoke out. We, the majoiry have been silent, untill now. I was encouraged when I saw the people of Jordan out in the streets protesting the terrorists. Enough is Enough

We can no longer blame others for the problem of the Ummah. We have to live up and take responsibility ourselfs. Salam

these "kufaar" are people of the book, I have personally heard some of the most famous Islamic leaders such as Shiekh Hamzah Yusef and Yusef Islam use the term "Jewish brothers and sisters" in speeches.

pleasing others? Allah (swt) would not want his perfect religon to be used for violence. We are not "pleasing others" when condemn acts of terrorism, no matter who commits it, Muslm or non-Muslim. It do not see affirming to others that Islam is peace as a waste of time. Salam

Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.

We can no longer blame others for the problem of the Ummah. We have to live up and take responsibility ourselfs.

:D

Brilliantly said, i 100% agree. Doesnt mean we ignore the injustices, but gotta ask yourselves, where is the majority of your attention going, to the faults of others, or to your own faults?

Good thread, Zaffy. Clean your own house before you try to clean anyone else's.

these "kufaar" are people of the book, I have personally heard some of the most famous Islamic leaders such as Shiekh Hamzah Yusef and Yusef Islam use the term "Jewish brothers and sisters" in speeches.

La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad -u- rasullullah

Fitna! Brothers and sisters are those who beleive in the Oneness Of Allah subhanahu wata3ala, i have heard about it before, i heard how sheikhs in the west talk about this, aaah, i cant find the article, but i am pretty sure it was on (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]islamicity[/url] those who agree with me please try and find an article about it, or a source, this is very dangerous.

Truly Allah loves those who fight in His Cause in battle array, as if they were a solid cemented structure.

fighting in a war is one thing, but blowing up children in a bus is always wrong, no matter what. Your verse has nothing to do with the topic.

La ilaha illa Allah, Muhammad -u- rasullullah

Fitna! Brothers and sisters are those who beleive in the Oneness Of Allah subhanahu wata3ala, i have heard about it before, i heard how sheikhs in the west talk about this, aaah, i cant find the article, but i am pretty sure it was on (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamicity(contact admin if its a beneficial link)"]islamicity[/url] those who agree with me please try and find an article about it, or a source, this is very dangerous.

It is "dangerous" to speak of peace with others? It is not a danger at all. Can you please explain why you think it is a danger? I don't understand what you are saying about our shieks? Are shiekh Hamza Yusef and Shiek Yusef Islam not respectable to you? Salam

It is "dangerous" to speak of peace with others? It is not a danger at all. Can you please explain why you think it is a danger? I don't understand what you are saying about our shieks? Are shiekh Hamza Yusef and Shiek Yusef Islam not respectable to you? Salam

salam,

Brother reread my post above, what makes you the think that i said its dangerous to have peace with them. I said its dangerous to say that jews and christians are a3ozobillah our sisters and brothers on such a big forum like gawaher here. and then he said it without proofs or anything, and its clear that Brother and sisters are those that beleive in Islam and the oneness of Allah (swt).

wassalam

salam,

Brother reread my post above, what makes you the think that i said its dangerous to have peace with them. I said its dangerous to say that jews and christians are a3ozobillah our sisters and brothers on such a big forum like gawaher here. and then he said it without proofs or anything, and its clear that Brother and sisters are those that beleive in Islam and the oneness of Allah (swt).

wassalam

They are people of the book, I provied evidence, my direct testimony of witnessing it from some of the most respectful scholars in the world alive today! It is not right to dismiss them just because they are western.

Salaam

Jews are not "kufaar", they are "ahl-e-kitab". This is something you should have known Pashton.

The point im trying to make is that, we can not justify injustice commited by us by injustice commited apon us. There is no justification of terrorism within Islam, no matter who the target is.

Salam

Zaffy....here is some advice....before talking about current issues etc go and try seek the correct knowledge...do not speak from your own whims or desires...

The jews and christians are NOT IN ANY WAY the brothers of MUSLIMS.... they are mushrikeen and kafir who are going to be the fuel of Hell-Fire.

The so-called 'sheikhs' that you are referring to i.e. Hamza Yusuf are nothing except the boot-lickers of the Crusaders and Zionists and he has no right to talk about the topics of the Deen of the Muslims.

Ibn Qayyim RA in his book Hidayat ul-Hayara said about the Christains:

'The christains are misguided cross worshippers. They are those who swear at Allah SWT the Creator in a way no other human has sworn at Allah SWT......The base of their Aqeedah and their biggest curse against Allah SWT is the Trinity.'

And regarding the Jews he wrote:

'The jews are the cursed nation who Allah SWT is angry with, they are the people of lies, fabrication, treachery, conspiracies and are the murderers of the Prophets and Messengers.'

DO NOT discuss about the Blessed Martyrdom Operations(wat u call suicide bombings) without having no knowledge about them!!!!

So PLEASE do not call the jews and christians as the brethren of the Muslims nor insult or put down in anyway the Mujahideen and Shuhada.....or the consequences could be disasterious for yourself.