Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Caffeine Freak! Need Energy!

:D

I’m really busy with my job. On Friday I got home at 7:20 PM. Sometimes I just eat lunch while working. I’m not exaggerating when I say I have one-and-a-half jobs.

Then on the weekends I’m exhausted. I still get up early, but the weekends fly by. On Saturday, it took me until 3:30 PM until I completely finished my laundry and cleaning. Occasionally I bring work home to do from my job because there’s too much to do and too little time.

I’m not even able to get a good night’s sleep. I can’t remember the last time I got a good night’s sleep. I wake up feeling groggy.

My brain is fried. My eyes are tired. I’ve forgotten things I’ve learned. I’m just exhausted. This makes it hard to get my chores done on weekends. This makes it hard to focus on work. I need energy. If I had more energy, I could finish chores more quickly on weekends :D . :D

Well, this post is getting long, so let me cut to the chase. I was drinking this energy drink. Then I read a post on this forum saying taurine comes from bull... :D :D

So I read the ingredients on this energy drink, and sure enough, it has taurine. I felt sick to my stomach. <insert barf smiley here> Now I can’t buy that anymore, so I need an alternative.

I like flavored coffee now, but I don’t have time to make coffee. Energy pills are one idea, but I would need a drink to swallow them with. Caffeinated soda is one idea, although not the healthiest. One idea that struck my mind is caffeine gum! :D Sounds cool. I like caffeine. I found one product doing a Google search. I hope it doesn’t have taurine in it.

jolt_spearmint_b.jpg

Any other ideas? I need energy.

PropellerAds

Assalamaualikum,

Never heard of caffeine gum....

You could eat chocolateeeeee!! that gives energy!

you can buy ready-made coffee in bottles. n just grab it when u're ready to go.

Asalam Alaykum

Tim hortons might be a solution, but be careful it is highly addictive.

I didn't previously know of Tim Horton's. I looked it up and it seems to be a coffee shop. We have coffee shops around here, but it can be expensive to buy coffee everyday. Plus, I'd have to make an extra trip.

I've used energy pills in the past, but now I don't even know if those had taurine in them. I'll have to watch for that.

I think having candy with caffeine would be the most convenient thing. Just pull a piece of candy out of my pocket, pop it in my mouth, and get an energy boost. :D I wonder if there's a chewable caffeine pill.

Check this out:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thinkgeek(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/caffeine/candy/76d0/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.thinkgeek(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/caffeine/candy/76d0/[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.hackerstickers(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/caffeinated-mints-geek-candy.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.hackerstickers(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/products/caf...eek-candy.shtml[/url]

Assalamaualikum,

id like to try those gums...some gums contain gelatine in them...check the ingredients well before u buy it.

Here are the ingredients for Jolt gum from their web site's FAQ section:

Sugar, Gum Base, Corn Syrup, Corn Starch, Caffeine, Natural and Artificial Flavors, Glycerin, Resinous Glaze, Ginseng, Guarana, Tapioca Dextrin, Acesulfame K, Aspartame, Colors (includes Yellow 5, Blue 1, Titanium Dioxide), Menthol, Carnauba Wax, Sucralose, BHT (to maintain freshness).

Caffeine isnt good brother, you will be much better off eating fresh fruit especially apples, they will wake you up much more, cause your only doing more harm to your body, you will become dependant on it. :D

below is effects caffeine has on a spider...

post-3842-1137383144_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sister_Truth

You know i guess for kids its a no-no but those in the working/corporate world, coffee is a must! i'm not just saying that.. btw i generally have tea with no sugar/milk but i dont fuss about things.. if its not available then i have coffee :D

Sister Truth, thanks for the warning, but please don't creep me out with spider webs. :D

In seriousness, too much of any substance can be bad, but I don't think caffeine is as bad for humans as it is for spiders. I mean, a little spider would be affected more than a big human, right?

That messed-up web was made by a caffeinated spider, but the same spider might be able to spin a nicer web after the caffeine wears off. Or who knows, maybe that spider just isn't good at spinning webs or has some mental problem.

Okay, now I'm getting creeped out again thinking about spiders! :D

Salaams... a creative solution for those in the work world, perhaps!

How about the black seed? (see my post in the Health section/ allergy topic about its benefits).

Your description of how exhausted you are in the morn reminded me of myself. Up until last year, I was working in the corporate world in the US as a project manager. I neeeded my coffee and my solution was our lunchroom. It had a niiice coffee machine and I brought my gourmet flavored coffees and enjoyed a cup every morn. (I agree too much of anything can be harmful - so I wouldn't encourage overdoing the caffeine!) Some of my co-workers had coffee mugs that they began to fill at 7am and stopped drinking at noon - now that's nuts! It gave me the "jolt" I needed / desired. However, if one morning passed and I got too busy to make my cup, that migraine headache started to creep up on me, and ooh was it horrid! So... the addiction is bad!

What I used to keep on my desk was a little glass bottle with the black seed (black cumin / kalonji) on it and I'd take like a pinch of the seeds every morn with my breakfast sandwich or alone if I was not going to have breakfast. It really gave me a jolt. Many who came by my desk noticed my little glass bottle and asked what "the heck" was inside it. I shared a little info about the black seed and the Prophet Peace Be Upon Him's hadith about it being a cure for all illnesses but death and told some about my experiences with it. About five co-workers began to take it and many commented that it gave them more a jolt than their coffee or morning soda. I knew for sure it gave me the energy needed in the morn but I still didn't want to give up my coffee... must've been the addiction.

Anyhow, it's a suggestion... Allahu alem if it'll work but why not try?

Peace