Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
sunni_muslim

Death Question

:D

not meaning to scare anyone but i would like to know when a person passes away it takes couple days to get janazah sorted then maybe longer to send body to another country or bury in the same town, what happens to the spirit? does it lie directly above the body that Allah created for this life?

PropellerAds

not meaning to scare anyone but i would like to know when a person passes away it takes couple days to get janazah sorted then maybe longer to send body to another country or bury in the same town, what happens to the spirit? does it lie directly above the body that Allah created for this life?

Not suppose to send other country.

I don't know either directly above the body but it does stay around till burried.

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Allahu a'lam, God knows best.

Jazakum Allah Khair

Barak Allah Feekum

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Assalamu Alaykum wa Rahmatullahee wa Barakatu

The one who asks does not know better then the one who is asked. This is Ghayb. The knowledge about the soul in the first place is ghayb, unseen.

Salam

Al Barzakh, al-barzakh is the period between a person's death and his resurrection on the Day of Resurrection and Allah knows best

When the body is being taken to the Grave, the soul lies above the body along with the angel of death. How this is, Allah knows best. The person will see those around him/her, but cannot hear them. Once the body is put into the ground and soil is put over the body, the soul returns back into the dead body in order to be questioned. Also the person will experience the squeezing or crushing of the grave.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

Asalam alaikum

Allah (swt) knows best

The burial should be as soon as possible after death, and in the nearest graveyard. This is to basically get the soul to answer the questions in the grave, and see its fate in the Hereafter.

Allaho aalam about the soul. Postponing and transporting is delaying in the above.

Wassalam

When the body is being taken to the Grave, the soul lies above the body along with the angel of death. How this is, Allah knows best. The person will see those around him/her, but cannot hear them. Once the body is put into the ground and soil is put over the body, the soul returns back into the dead body in order to be questioned. Also the person will experience the squeezing or crushing of the grave.

---------------------

asalaamu alaikum dear brothers and sisters, i was just wandering if everyone experiences the squeezing or crushing of the grave? that sounds pretty terrifying...

'the squeezing or the crushing' :D

w/salaam

'the squeezing or the crushing'

For the pious Muslims who will not face the punishment of the Grave, the ground will squeeze them tightly similar to if a large Muslim Brother gave us a big squeeze as a friendly gesture as if they have not seen us in a long time.

As for the disobedient Muslims, the Kaafir and those destined to be punished, the ground will crush them "until their shoulder blades come together".

---------------------

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html[/url]

woow very interesting topic, it makes you questions things even more.

can we expand on this? How about muslims that die in wars, i know we should not wash them, but why? and what if someone was completely burned or just disapeared, does anyone know what happens to their spirit?

How about muslims that die in wars, i know we should not wash them, but why? and what if someone was completely burned or just disapeared, does anyone know what happens to their spirit?

The blood of a Muslim who dies as a Shaheed will be musk. The clothes in which he/she dies in will be blessed, so we are not allowed to remove or even wash the blood stains away from the Shaheed's face or clothes so the Shaheed will be raised up on The Day of Judgment wearing what he/she died in. The blood from his/her body will be musk that will be smelt by all.

As for those whose bodies are not buried in their Graves, their soul is in the Barzakh, just like those who are buried. The person will still receive blessing or torment in accordance to how happy or how angry respectively Allah is with the person who has died.

I too find the topic of life after death really fasinating. :D You should see the amount of books I have related to the Akhira hehe. I can't stop reading them.

---------------------

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html[/url]

their soul is in the Barzakh, just like those who are buried.

aint they in the bellies of the green birds who fly around jannah receiving their provision..that is why they are not considered dead?.

aint they in the bellies of the green birds who fly around jannah receiving their provision..that is why they are not considered dead?.

I was only referring to regular good Muslims who die. :D

---------------------

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

I too find the topic of life after death really fasinating. :D You should see the amount of books I have related to the Akhira hehe. I can't stop reading them.

---------------------

I appreciate your explaination, what would you recommend for a read? and would I find it on Astrolabe.com? that's where I buy most of my books.

Jazak Allah Khair

“The person will see those around him/her, but cannot hear them.â€

I thought it was the other way round? At least this is what I have been taught, moreover, there is a hadith saying that the last thing a person will hear will be the footsteps of those that buried him as they leave and go away.

I thought it was the other way round? At least this is what I have been taught, moreover, there is a hadith saying that the last thing a person will hear will be the footsteps of those that buried him as they leave and go away.

"So verily thou canst not make the dead to hear..."

30:52

"...But thou canst not make those hear who are burried in the Graves"

35:22

I appreciate your explaination, what would you recommend for a read? and would I find it on Astrolabe.com? that's where I buy most of my books.

I have books both in Arabic and English. If you can read Arabic I can give you a list of excellent Arabic books. If in English alone, I would definitely recommend "The Day of Rising" by Laila Mabruk, "Description of Paradise" and another called "Description of Hell", both by Waheed Abdussalaam Bali.

---------------------

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

:D brother!

Incorrect quotation.

The first one deals with the unbelievers and the whole ayah is:

30:52 So verily thou canst not make the dead to hear, nor canst thou make the deaf to hear the call, when they show their backs and turn away.

The second one is simply comparing the alive and dead, as a contnuation of the previous ayah that compares light with darkness. The full ayah is:

35:22 Nor are alike those that are living and those that are dead. Allah can make any that He wills to hear; but thou canst not make those to hear who are (buried) in graves.

Do you believe that the dead can hear?

Anyway, the Ayats I have selected have been selected by trusted Scholars from the past and present. Such information can also be found in Tafseer of Ibn Kather. :D

---------------------

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

I have books both in Arabic and English. If you can read Arabic I can give you a list of excellent Arabic books. If in English alone, I would definitely recommend "The Day of Rising" by Laila Mabruk, "Description of Paradise" and another called "Description of Hell", both by Waheed Abdussalaam Bali.

---------------------

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

:D thanks bro

Do you believe that the dead can hear?

Anyway, the Ayats I have selected have been selected by trusted Scholars from the past and present. Such information can also be found in Tafseer of Ibn Kather. :D

---------------------

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

Wa:

No, I do not believe that the dead can hear.But I believe in the hadith:

002.023.456 - Funerals (Al-Janaa'iz) - - - -

Narrated Anas bin Malik

Allah's Apostle said, "When (Allah's) slave is put in his grave and his companions return and he even hears their footsteps,............

The above hadith confirms what sister Mahawi had stated.

The ayah you quoted are as I have explained in my previous post. The dead cannot hear, but they can hear the footsteps. Hence, we are instructed to stay near the garve for some time to console the dead that we are still there praying for him/her when the angels arrive.

Wassalam

No, I do not believe that the dead can hear.But I believe in the hadith:

Alhamdulellah then.

As from Scholars who have stated concerning the Ayat I have mentioned as in 30:52 and 35:22, this information confirms that the dead cannot hear the living in general as in speech, Du'a etc, which is why I stated the Ayat to the Sister who was asking a question. :D

---------------------

WIN A PRIZE NOW!