Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
rofi

Don't Forget To Fast!

:D

Just thought i'd give everyone a quick reminder, dont forget to fast Insh'Allah! Today is the day of Arafah.

Hadhrat Abu Qatadah (r.a) relates that Rasulullah (saw) was asked about the fast on the day of Arafah (i.e. 9th of Zul-Hijjah), he said, “It compensates for the minor sins of the past year and the coming year†(Muslim)

PropellerAds

im doing eid on wednesday (uk) so cus thats 10th for me ill fast tomorrow (tuesday) as thats the 9th for me aswell unless i have to fast 'on the day of arafah' ?

:D brother! :D

:D brother for the reminder :D

May Allah reward you...

Also don't forget to have sahur.

Edited by IslamFTBOMH

so Monday January 9th we should be fasting??

Eid has been declared here for Wednesday, January 11th. Can someone confirm quickly that the Day of Arafah is Monday and that's the day we should fast?

so Monday January 9th we should be fasting??

:D brother, The following will help inshaAllah...

Question :

Because of some personal circumstances we moved to Pakistan, where a lot of things are different, such as the time of prayer, etc. I want to ask you: I am keen to fast on the day of ‘Arafah, but the Hijri date in Pakistan is different from the date in Saudi: when the date in Pakistan is the 8th of the month, it is the 9th in Saudi. Should I fast on the 8th – which is the 9th in Saudi – or should I fast according to the date in Pakistan?.

Answer :

Praise be to Allaah.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allaah have mercy on him) was asked: what if the day of ‘Arafah is different because of the moon being sighted at different times in different countries? Should we fast according to the moon sighting in the country where we are or according to the moon sighting in al-Haramayn (the two Holy Sanctuaries)?

He replied: This is based on a difference of opinion among the scholars: Is there only one moon sighting for the whole world or does it vary according to when the moon rises in different places?

The correct view is that it varies according to when the moon rises in different places. For example, if the moon is sighted in Makkah, and today is the ninth, and it is sighted elsewhere one day before Makkah, and the day of ‘Arafah in Makkah is the tenth for them, it is not permissible for them to fast on this day because it is Eid. Similarly if it so happens that they sight the moon after Makkah, and the 9th in Makkah is the 8th for them, then they should fast the day that is the 9th for them, which is the 10th in Makkah. This is the correct view, because the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “When you see it (the new moon) fast and when you see it break your fast.” Those who did not see the moon in their own location have not seen it. Just as people are unanimously agreed that the times for dawn and sunset vary according to their own location, so too the months are also worked out by location, just like the daily timings.

Source: Islam Q&A

Edited by IslamFTBOMH

Assalamu Alaikum, It is sunnat to fast on the 9th of Dhul Hijjah. Eid is celebrated on the 10th of Dhul Hijjah.

People who are celebrating Eid on Wednesday the 11th of January, should fast on Tuesday 10th of January.

People who are celebrating Eid on Tuesday the 10th of January should fast on Monday the 9th of January.

I hope it is clear inshaAllah. Eid Mubarak to all. May Allah acept the fast of all those who did, ameen. Wassalamu Alaikum, masooma.

Eid here in London is Tuesday

So I fasted today and it went very well.

Eid here in London is Tuesday

So I fasted today and it went very well.

salaam

yeah here in sheffield the majority of ppl are celebrating eid tomorrow! alhamdulillah i fasted today as well :D

:D for the reminder brother

ma'salaamah