Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crystal_sword

Mecca Dream For Aged Pilgrim

:D dear muslims

The man who is probably the world's oldest pilgrim has just been fulfilling a dream made possible by the generosity of readers of BBC News Online

Habib Miyan's precise age is not clear. His pension papers establish it at 125, although he says he is 132.

When News Online first wrote about him, from his home city of Jaipur in the Indian state of Rajasthan, last June, we reported how his relatives said he could not afford to perform the Hajj pilgrimage to Mecca in Saudi Arabia.

That triggered several e-mails from readers wanting to help Habib, now blind and frail, make the trip this year.

Among the anonymous donors was a taxi-driver from Rotherham in northern England who put up money he was saving for his own Hajj pilgrimage.

The main donation came from a businessman in London who forwarded 270,000 rupees ($5,700) to Habib's bank account

'A living miracle'

Habib set off to Mecca last month, accompanied by two grandsons, Mehmood and Chuttan Khan.

Shortly before the Hajj started, BBC cameraman Faruk Aksoy managed to locate Habib among the millions of gathered pilgrims.

He was resting in a hotel near the Grand Masjid which houses the Kaaba, the cube-shaped structure that the Muslim pilgrim must walk round seven times.

Our cameraman said it was a meeting he would never forget.

"To me it was like seeing a living miracle.

"When I looked at Habib carefully, I went through his eyes and mind back into history, to the days of the British empire in India."

Habib's joy is matched by that of his donors.

"That's fantastic," the Rotherham donor told BBC News Online on hearing about Habib's dream come true.

The London businessman said it was an honour to have been able to help him.

"The real gift is that Habib's story has brought joy and inspiration to his community and the rest of the world," he says.

"I hope that in these difficult and testing times that there will be more situations where communities and families are bought closer together with simple and true gestures of goodwill for its fellow man, whatever race or religion."

you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/39816000/jpg/_39816329_habibsleep203_bbc.jp

/img]

Resting before performing the Hajj

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3455781.stm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/3455781.stm[/url]

Mashallah.

May Allah (SWT) accept all the Hajis

Edited by crystal_sword

PropellerAds

Assalamu alaikum

Masha'Allah!

Ameen.

Ma'assalama

Assalamaualikum,

Ameen.

:D for sharing that info.

:D

Subhanallah .. :D

:D for sharing that. Very inspirational!

Ameen to the dua.

The story was very inspirational.

...and may the peace and blessings of Allah be upon the prophet and his family! ameen! that is so nice mash'Allah :D

:D , :D

:D to the du'as

:D for sharing this info :D

Assalamu Alaikum, Alhamdulillah He was able to do the Hajj and May Allah reward the people helping him out.

Br. Crystal Sword, could you check where you got the story from, because I know this Habib Miyan went for Hajj last year.

Oh! Okay I just checked the link you provided and yes it did happen last year. I just had this feeling from the posts that everyone is thinking that it happened this year. Wassalamu Alaikum, Masooma.