Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kamiya

Blessings

Hi, this is my first post!

I hate asking a question without first introducing myself...so I'll do that first (and put my question in the appropriate forum)

So...as from my topic title, you might guess, I'm a Christian (Catholic to be exact). My screen name is Arabic (at least I think it is, although I think the more appropriate spelling ought to be kimiya)....I'll let people try to guess why I might have named myself that.

Anyway, why am I here...I'm on some other Christian forums and sometimes end in a place where I'm attempting to defend the Muslim Faith...defending in the sense of someone will state...well Muslims think yadda, yadda...and I have enough know how (i.e., search engines) to find something in the Quran to to show them they just not might be right about what they think about Muslims, (I like to cut down on some of the rhetoric that can sometimes ensue on religious boards). But truth is, my knowledge of Islam is pretty elementary, and I'd like to find a place to turn to to find a "truer" answer than I could possibly give.

So I'm not so much here to really learn (although that is what will happen :D ), but I'll be popping in with questions from time to time as I want to try my best to not bear false witness to your Faith.

I guess in other words, I'm not here looking to be converted...I'm firm in my specific religious beliefs as they came to me over a long period of time and reflection...I was atheist for much of my life until I learned to look at the whole God concept from another angle, another light. And I hope that we can together reflect on the beauty of our Faiths.

Thanks,

K

PropellerAds

Peace kamiya

Welcome to IF,

I'm glad you decided to join us. I hope that you find your stay here at IF beneficial, as well as enjoyable, and inshaAllah we benefit from each other.

You can come anytime and ask all the questions you want. God willing we'll help you with answers as best we can. And rest assured we'll not try to convert you, because we all know its God almighty who guides whom He wants. We Muslims believe in the true Christianity, and its required in Islam that every Muslim believes in prophet Jesus, just like we believe in prophet Muhammad. Islam is not the opposite of Christianity, its only the new updated and last version, in which God revised all past religions into one unified ultimate faith.

As we advise all new comers, please take a moment to read our (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?act=boardrules"]Forum Rules[/url]. This will greatly enhance your understanding of this community, and ensures a smooth relation with everyone around here.

And now here is your welcome drink, on the house!

So sit back, and let me pour you a glass of freshly squeezed fruit juice!

post-1-1102388849.jpg

Hi!

Welcome to IF! Hope you enjoy your stay here!

peace,

im so glad u could join us, welcome to the IF, inshallah u'll benefit from this forum, may ur stay here be benificial to everyone :D

HapPy pOsTiNg :D

PEACE!

Welcome to IF!

I hope you get everything you need here.

its great that you have taken the step to ensure your info about Islam is correct. you should be commended for that.

I am in a similar situation as you, i was an atheist like you, but the difference is i chose Islam.

take care of urself...

if you need anything dont hesistate to ask :D

Peace

Welcome to IF the best forum on the planet!! :D :D

Hope u like it :D

Hi Kamiya

Welcome to IF. May your stay here be fruitful and feel free to explore the forum and ask any questions you may have :D

Happy Posting :D

Guest amani

Hi Kamiya :D its nice to have you here and i hope you enjoy your stay here with us.

Hi Kathie, Welcome to Gawaher, sorry for the late welcome, BETTER LATE THAN NEVER, Right? I was answering to one of your posts, and decided to check your profile and saw you joined some time ago, and wanted to welcome you.

Please feel free to ask questions, Allah willing we will try to answer you to the best of our knowledge, or try to find someone who can answer to your queries.

Take care, and I hope to see you around, umAhmad.

Hello, and welcome Kathie!

Glad you have joined and hopefully you'll find much benefit from the forum.

Peace

Hi and Peace!

Hi, this is my first post!

I hate asking a question without first introducing myself...so I'll do that first (and put my question in the appropriate forum)

So...as from my topic title, you might guess, I'm a Christian (Catholic to be exact). My screen name is Arabic (at least I think it is, although I think the more appropriate spelling ought to be kimiya)....I'll let people try to guess why I might have named myself that.

Anyway, why am I here...I'm on some other Christian forums and sometimes end in a place where I'm attempting to defend the Muslim Faith...defending in the sense of someone will state...well Muslims think yadda, yadda...and I have enough know how (i.e., search engines) to find something in the Quran to to show them they just not might be right about what they think about Muslims, (I like to cut down on some of the rhetoric that can sometimes ensue on religious boards). But truth is, my knowledge of Islam is pretty elementary, and I'd like to find a place to turn to to find a "truer" answer than I could possibly give.

So I'm not so much here to really learn (although that is what will happen :sl: ), but I'll be popping in with questions from time to time as I want to try my best to not bear false witness to your Faith.

I guess in other words, I'm not here looking to be converted...I'm firm in my specific religious beliefs as they came to me over a long period of time and reflection...I was atheist for much of my life until I learned to look at the whole God concept from another angle, another light. And I hope that we can together reflect on the beauty of our Faiths.

Thanks,

K