Islamic Forum
alim_in_training

Why Islam? Why Not?

Salamu Alaikum Dear Respected Brothers and Sisters

Sometimes we (starting with myself) lose ourselves in this Dunya and forget why we have chosen Islam over the rest of the religons. The only reason can't be my father was a muslim...Technically we were all born muslims, everything is muslim because they submit to the will of Allah, and when we are babies we have submit to Islam

I'm a Muslim because I believe it's the right choice, Because no other religon makes more sense to me, Because I believe everything was made by One Creator, and everything is in need of Him, I'm a Muslim because I have submit myself to the fact that there is One God and He has a Prophet named Mohammed, and that I believe that the Qur'an is The Word of God.

Why are you a muslim?

And for non-muslims, why aren't you muslims? What's stopping you?

Jazakallahu Khairon

Salamu Alaikum

PropellerAds

As-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem

Wa Sallah-Allahu 'ala Muhammad wa 'ala aalihi wa sahbihi ajma'een

Well why Islam specifically? There are too many reasons to list, but first and foremost.

1. It is the only religion that has authentically preserved the Revelations of God to its Prophet (pbuh).

2. The proofs of its divine source are endless, scientific, literate, prophecy, historical, exemplary upright character of adherants, outstanding scholarship.

But why in general?

1) Because God has left clear Miracles to distinguish His Prophets and Revelations from false prophets and false teachings.

2) Because God is the only reality, everything besides Him is fleeting, temporary, and in vain.

3) Because He has consistently made revelations to mankind informing us about His identity, our sole purpose for being created, our relationship with God, and our ultimate goal in this temporal life.

4) Because God has proven His Word true through miracles and Messengers, to distinguish it from all the false man-made ideologies and religions that current plague and confuse mankind.

5) Because God is One, Truth is One, and we will be judged by a non-contradictory single standard of Absolute Truth.

6) Because God has promised a certain meeting with Him after our death.

7) Because true reward and punishment and happiness and hope comes from God alone, in this life and in the Hereafter.

8) Because God is the only comfort you will ever find in this life and the Hereafter, and He is irresistible: you were created by Him for one purpose, you will return to Him, you will be judged by Him, you will be accounted for every single thing you ever did or believed in, and your ultimate eternal fate lies with Him alone.

9) Because by believing in God and adhering strictly to His religion, you can live a perfect life in this world and attain the only true and everlasting reward: Paradise, a promise from God.

10) Because I have personally witnessed God's help in my life, comfort, and answer to my supplications.[

Jazakum Allah Khair

Barak Allah Feekum

W'as-Salaamu aleikum wa rahmat Allah wa barakatahu

Edited by Syriankid

Jazakallahu khairon for your response brother. Very good points, Islam is both logical and scientific, unlike any other religon, and it is unique and enlightening.

Please more reminders of why we are muslims, or why some of have chosen a different path

Salamu alaikum

:D

I'm a Muslim because of Allah's mercy! Insh'Allah one day I can be thankfull enough! May Allah guide me, my family and friends, the following generations of my family and the whole Ummah of Muhammad (saw)!

:D

Well i m really confident I am true religion of Islam after going thro various scriptures of jews , christians and hindus etc I was shocked in all the books you will find message same of ONE GOD who is not like any of His creation and even basic laws...later when you read history you will note how some bad people change laws and verses of God ( jews changing laws of God and adding false verses..rejecting and killing prophets whenever they came to revive original message and then tryin to kill jesus also..later tryin to destroy correct teaching brought by him by sending jewish agent Saul ...becoming St.Paul and then finally getting his words into bible changing original message concept like making prophet jesus as god later how church hides some texts calling them apocryphal and of early nazarenes which opposes their added concepts . If u see hindus how they still worship idols inspite you find verses in highst authority book veda that God has no image and no likeness to His creation ) When u read bible or any other previous original books u will find the prophecy of coming of last prophet which really matched prophet mohammed (peace be upon him) . When I read quran i found it testifies regarding original message , what earlier ppl did regarding message and prophets . Plus the quran is unchanged till now this itself proves it is last book as God has promised preserving the original message from distorting and God has kept His promise...Quran' message is not changed at all not EVEN a word even after 1400 yrs wow !!!

Raddithtobillahi rabbaw wa bilislami deenaw wa bi mohammedin nabiyyin wa rasulaw :sl:

I am happy with Allah as God , Islam as my religion and Mohammed as prophet and messenger(peace be upon him)

Edited by mac111

Salaams,

I am Muslim because Islam has given me happiness, comfort, and logical answers for my questions about life. I owe it to my Creator to be Muslim. Belief is appreciating the blessings one is given while disbelief is denying them. I am thankful and content and I can not deny His many signs and the messengers He has sent. Submitting to Allah taala has softened my heart and improved my manners and the quality of my life.

Peace

Edited by Luv2Learn

Sometimes we (starting with myself) lose ourselves in this Dunya and forget why we have chosen Islam over the rest of the religons. The only reason can't be my father was a muslim...Technically we were all born muslims, everything is muslim because they submit to the will of Allah, and when we are babies we have submit to Islam

I'm a Muslim because I believe it's the right choice, Because no other religon makes more sense to me, Because I believe everything was made by One Creator, and everything is in need of Him, I'm a Muslim because I have submit myself to the fact that there is One God and He has a Prophet named Mohammed, and that I believe that the Qur'an is The Word of God.

Why are you a muslim?

And for non-muslims, why aren't you muslims? What's stopping you?

Jazakallahu Khairon

Salamu Alaikum

What is you want me to do? Pray in a Masjid 4 times a day. Doesn't it depend upon what one is praying for,how many times one needs to pray per day? Or am I right in thinking that this is a general guide for people?

:sl:

I reverted back to Islam because it provides an easy to comprehend system to live up to God's expectation of me. Islam contains far fewer "ifs, ands, or buts" than any other religion. With Islam I can live with the peace of knowing that I am striving to live up to my purpose here. It is also a comfort to know that I am not solely responsible for everything- I do my best, but in the end it is up to Allah to decide. Everything you see is a sign that there is a higher power that created all there is in this world. Once you accept that fact you must wonder what our purpose is. Islam provides that answer.

In one sentence the reason I am a Muslim is:

Islam shows me the clear way to worship God, live my life, and defines a clear purpose for my existence.

To the atheists who may dismiss this logic: If you are unwilling to accept that you were created and therefore have no purpose, don't bother to question me. I have no answer that you will find acceptable

What is you want me to do? Pray in a Masjid 4 times a day. Doesn't it depend upon what one is praying for,how many times one needs to pray per day? Or am I right in thinking that this is a general guide for people?

:sl:

.........? that didn't even make sense?

haha, okay buddy, 1st of all, it's five times, and second of all, he didn't suggest you do anything.

the question was simply, why are you a muslim or why aren't you, he didn't say anything about praying. :sl:

any religion or faith ought to answer a number of questions.

why are we here, who is God, and how can we get closer to God?

Islam suggests that the best way to get close to God is through the practice of Islam. praying five times a day, reading the Quran daily, being obedient to Allah in everything, and making Islam one's daily bread.

i am not a Muslim not because of any faults or wrongs i found within Islam. certainly Islam is logical, and a comprehensive faith giving guidance and direction to every part of a believer's life.

i am a Christian not because of Christian doctrine or beliefs, but in part because of Christians. i saw piety and devotion in both the Muslim and Christian communities. both faiths talked about God, and used similar language when doing so. Islam promises a greater intimacy with Allah as one's iman, ilm, and deen become more refined and deep. the Christians i met simply talked to God, and walked with Him in joy and trust. they sang songs to a God whose power and love would endure forever. they did not do salah or beleive in tawhid. they had (from my pov) weird and even blasphemous beliefs and practices. but they also had peace, joy, love, and trust of God.

i am a Christian because, in part, of Christians. but mainly because of God's grace and power to save.

i am a Christian not because of Christian doctrine or beliefs, but in part because of Christians

Although this is the reason why many people embrace a religion. it is not right to do so. People change, history change, civilizations change, but religions stay the same. To find the ultimate true path, you must be able to judge a religion independently of its followers. That applies on Islam too of course.

I would like to draw your attention o the fact that our Creator does not need our love or obedience, but rather it is we who need His love and obey Him to earn that divine love. A religion should have a major role in making you a better person in this life. It is wrong to assume from any religion that your love for the lord alone can save you. You need to be good in everything you do, and srtive hard to obey The Creator in everything we do, to be saved. Should we sin, we hurry to Him directly and repent and promise not to repeat our sin again. If we were led to believe that just loving the lord will save us, many weak people would sin all they want, and so religion would fail to produce good people, and bad things would spread in communities, and the ultimate goal of religions, to settle on earth and spread goodness, would not be achieved.

Dot ~

i definitely agree with a lot of what you're saying. and people can of course cite Christian or Muslims are reasons they are *not* Christian or Muslim.

people are people, and fallible. ideas and concepts can change, and we should have a clear understanding of what is true, and what is man-made in a faith.

seeking the truth from God's, and not just a man's, perspective is also key. it matters what is true in His eyes, not man's.

Salamu Alaikum

What a surprise that a topic I opened years ago has been answered now. I'm also taken back at the fact that I was thinking of the same things years ago.

Although this is the reason why many people embrace a religion. it is not right to do so. People change, history change, civilizations change, but religions stay the same. To find the ultimate true path, you must be able to judge a religion independently of its followers. That applies on Islam too of course.

I would like to draw your attention o the fact that our Creator does not need our love or obedience, but rather it is we who need His love and obey Him to earn that divine love. A religion should have a major role in making you a better person in this life. It is wrong to assume from any religion that your love for the lord alone can save you. You need to be good in everything you do, and srtive hard to obey The Creator in everything we do, to be saved. Should we sin, we hurry to Him directly and repent and promise not to repeat our sin again. If we were led to believe that just loving the lord will save us, many weak people would sin all they want, and so religion would fail to produce good people, and bad things would spread in communities, and the ultimate goal of religions, to settle on earth and spread goodness, would not be achieved.

Can humanity save itself? Can a person be in a sense, divine, without having teleological beliefs or do we have to seek something higher? Can humanity be accountable to itself?

Salam

Edited by alim_in_training