Islamic Forum
- IQRA -

"info Guy"

:D

Wallhu Alim

Sorry, i really hope you dont mind ..but i wanted to ask if the "info guy" - (animated running rabbit)...can either be deleted? or exchanged for another picture? maybe something more Islamic?

Jazak Allah khairun

PropellerAds

I asked him to leave, but he doen't seem to listen. Let's see what he's running into.

hmm sorry, so does that mean your working on it? i.e. to change the picture?

I cannot promise sister, he's too fast for me to catch.

hm ok...Jazak Allah khairun

Bunny is cool

sorry, i dont know how this will sound..but the picture is not Islamic...

its a man-made image of an animal...

hmm i personally am not sure about the emoticons ...

wouldnt it be nice to just have the arabic words and duas...such as AlhamduLILAH-for a smile.....

May Allah :D help us -for the crying face

etc...

or maybe im just being wierd and [extreme]...

Wallhu Alim

Edited by - IQRA -

Amu dot omg lol i almost died of laughing reading your replies lachen70.gif

Bunny is cool

:D , i personally dont see anything wrong with him :D

Amu dot omg lol i almost died of laughing reading your replies lachen70.gif

:D loq, mee too.... :D

btw, sis muja ur sig is totally cool :D

ws

Edited by khumara

Assalamaulikum,

The info guy is a nice bunny! hahahahah....feed him a carrot, will ya?

Amu dot omg lol i almost died of laughing reading your replies

me as well!

LOLLLL :D :D :D

hes now talking to us... :D

heres a carrot for u widdle wabbit :D

carrot.jpg

A huge LOL at uncle dot's replies.. hahaha :D

So funny..

Sister - IQRA - Jazak Allah khair for your care.. I don't think that cartoons are prohibited.. Wallaho A'alam :D

I also think the Info Guy's pic should be changed.

It is one of the scholarly opinions that one shouldn't draw images of animating objects.

I believe changing the pic to something undoubtedly permissible would be the safest thing to do.

And Allah swt knows best.

I also think the Info Guy's pic should be changed.

It is one of the scholarly opinions that one shouldn't draw images of animating objects.

I believe changing the pic to something undoubtedly permissible would be the safest thing to do.

And Allah swt knows best.

yes i agree!!

allahu alim!

swwrwb

First of all the Rabbit pic is kool everyone else has pics of cats and dogs and God know what, so why everyone got a problem with the Rabbit ?? Find some thing useful to complain about :D

Akh Dot, would be nice if the Rabbit, lets give him a name 1st of all, how about Abdullah ? lol, ok i was saying it'l be nice if Abdullah can remind IF members things like, today is Jummah so dont forget to recite Sura Kahf, or dont forget to read some Quran today, etc. stuff like that, what you think ?

And Abdullah means "Slave of Allah" which we all are, including animals as Allah created them, before anyone starts accusing

Someone got jealous, so this ones for u mimi...:D :D :D

carrot.jpg

Edited by Sister_Truth

Someone got jealous, so this ones for u mimi...:D :D :D

carrot.jpg

:D :D ............. :D

Erm..Its one thing to have a pic.. and another to give it a name and make it into a character. What will be next.. Abdullah the rabit will have songs.. like those Islamic puppet shows ... I would say if there is a difference of opinion then in the spirit of compromise and evading clashes, chose the one thats acceptable to all. That use an inanimate pic. That is acceptable by all Ulamas.

P.S dont take it harsh, but namind an animate object is crossing the line for many Ulama...

Assalamu Alaikum, I had mentioned about the pictures of people and animals which the members have under their names to Br. Dot and he had kindly suggested that it would be a good idea to make a poll and see what our brothers and sisters think about the idea, I followed the suggestion and made a poll . Quite a few viewed but last I had checked i think there were only 14 replies with majority thinking there is nothing wrong in having pictures.

I was surprised, because of the Sahih Hadeeth, about how Angels of Mercy do not enter the house wherein there is a dog or pictures of living things (things that have life)

Wassalamu Alaikum, masooma.

Whats the link to the poll??

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=19447"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=19447[/url]

this is it i think..

interesting replies...

the only reason i thought to start this topic/suggestion/comment....is because the "rabbit" is a man-made character....its computerised>>similar to drawings...if it was a picture/photo of an animal Allah :D had made, then that may had been a different story (Wallhu Alim).

Yes! thats exactly why I said to take the middle road and chose something that will be acceptable to all..not using such an animated(by that I mean an immitation of something living) object to be used atleast by the forum.

It wont be hard since mr rabbit isnt the one doing all the useful stuff except running like an energizer bunny!

it'l be nice if Abdullah can remind IF members things like, today is Jummah so dont forget to recite Sura Kahf, or dont forget to read some Quran today, etc. stuff like that, what you think ?

I think its a great idea. I have to figure out a way to teach him though. I mean, its hard for a bunny to know which day is it.

Insha'Allah I'll try brother.