Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mot

Was Jesus Really God?

LOL, what?????

Read it together u will understand ......

5.73They surely disbelieve who say : Lo! Allah is the third of three ; when there is no God save the One God . If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve .

5.74 . Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him? For Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .

PropellerAds
Read it together u will understand ......

5.73They surely disbelieve who say : Lo! Allah is the third of three ; when there is no God save the One God . If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve .

5.74 . Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him? For Allah is Forgiving , Merciful .

Thank you for the reply.

But I thought Mohammed was a prophet only (like Isiah or King David) -- but Allah is the "Jesus" (from a Christian standpoint) of the trinity? Allah is God, God is Allah. So He is much more than a prophet then? Correct me if I am wrong please....it's just that prophets rank lower on the "holiness" scale than "sons of God". My apologies if I sounded offensive, that was not my intention. I just didn't know how else to word it.......

Thank you for the reply.

But I thought Mohammed was a prophet only (like Isiah or King David) -- but Allah is the "Jesus" (from a Christian standpoint) of the trinity? Allah is God, God is Allah. So He is much more than a prophet then? Correct me if I am wrong please....it's just that prophets rank lower on the "holiness" scale than "sons of God". My apologies if I sounded offensive, that was not my intention. I just didn't know how else to word it.......

The Shahadah states Muhammad being a messenger of Allah, not Allah himself. That would be blasphemy for us to place the title of Allah on The Prophet, as The Prophet would also reject being referred to as Allah.

Imperial1

Thank you for the reply.

But I thought Mohammed was a prophet only (like Isiah or King David) --

Hi

Yes u are right .

but Allah is the "Jesus" (from a Christian standpoint) of the trinity? Allah is God, God is Allah.

Not really ..all men born of women are created and Jesus was born of a woman and he was only a prophet just like many who came before him. Allah in arabic means "the God"--who is the creator of sustainer of all the worlds .so to summarise:

Allah is The God,The God is Allah and Jesus was a man born of a woman who is from the creation of the almighty and he is just a prophet

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.calltoislam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=30&Itemid=29"] Who is Allaah & What do Muslims Believe About God?[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_thetruereligion(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/modules/wfsection/article.php?articleid=99"]A-Z of Islam[/url]

Also if u have the time u can get a 1 hour introduction to Islam in this video.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_furqaan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/nonmuslims/video/BroadBand/hyde%20park%202005_0001_chunk_1.wmv"]Islam Explained 1[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_furqaan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/nonmuslims/video/BroadBand/hyde%20park%202005_0001_chunk_2.wmv"]Islam Explained 2[/url]

So He is much more than a prophet then? Correct me if I am wrong please....it's just that prophets rank lower on the "holiness" scale than "sons of God". My apologies if I sounded offensive, that was not my intention. I just didn't know how else to word it.......

We dont really believe in "sons of God" .No offence. ..i dont mind being asked questions

Thank you for the reply.

Peace Buck!

In the Qur'an Allah :D tells us very simply and clearly:

Surah 112. The Unity, Sincerity, Oneness Of Allah

1. Say: He is Allah, the One and Only;

2. Allah, the Eternal, Absolute;

3. He begetteth not, nor is He begotten;

4. And there is none like unto Him

If He had any sons, would He deny that he begets? If, as some non-Muslims claim, the Qur'an is not from Allah :D wouldn't Mohammed :D called himself a son and not written what has been written?

There are two categories. Prophets and Messengers. Prophets were sent to correct a people and remove an evil. Messengers were sent with a Message for the people present, and for future, until corrupted. We do not differentiate between the Prophets or the Messengers. They were all chosen by Allah :D and fullfilled their responsbilities to His satisfaction.

Peace out

Salam,

We must look at this through a logical perspective as well. Is "god" a logical being? Does he do "godly things"? If yes, then Jesus can't be "god". If no, then there are many questions that must be answered. Can "god" do anything he wishes? Or is he bound by things that are godly.

For example:

Can god create something that he can not destroy?

Can god make another god?

In Islam, Allah does things that are "godly". "God" is supposed to be all powerful, and immortal. You can’t have an immortal god with infinite knowledge, residing in a body of a man who is mortal, and has limited knowledge. Further more, why must Christians pray to Jesus? Why do they not pray to the "god" who gave them the mercy of "sacrificing" his own son?

Salam,

Further more, why must Christians pray to Jesus? Why do they not pray to the "god" who gave them the mercy of "sacrificing" his own son?

Salam,

Peace,

The Lord's prayer is addressed to the Father. We constantly pray to the Father.

We also pray to Jesus because he instructed us to, but the purpose is the glory of the Father.

"Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."

-John 14:13-14

All the best.

Peace,

The Lord's prayer is addressed to the Father. We constantly pray to the Father.

We also pray to Jesus because he instructed us to, but the purpose is the glory of the Father.

"Whatever you ask in My name, I will do it, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son. If you ask Me anything in My name, I will do it."

-John 14:13-14

All the best.

Again, is this assumption by the Christians? Or an error? Since no where in the bible does Jesus say, that the believers must pray to him. Perhaps the influence of the Catholic Church, still has lingering effects. After all, most other major denomination of Christianity are derived from Catholicism.

"5.73They surely disbelieve who say : Lo! Allah is the third of three ; when there is no God save the One God . If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve .

5.74 . Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him? For Allah is Forgiving , Merciful ."

Wow sounds a lot like the Holy Trinity in Christianity. Jesus was the third of three -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Why then turn to Allah for forgiveness, was there not a perception at the time that Jesus was not forgiving as was stated? I truly wonder what political events were taking place at the time for one to have cause to take something so similar and question it as these quotes state.

Thanks for the quotes :D

Salaam,

I think you may have misread the punctutation here. the quote says:

1. to believe that Allah is one of three is disbelief.

2. there is only one 'part' to Allah, He doesn't 'split' himself into three

3. If you carry on believing that Allah is part of a trinity, you will be punished

That was really rough and ready but it's how I read it.

----

One of the reasons we pray to Jesus is because He was God made man. On the one hand we have the almighty father (scary!), on the other we can pray to someone who we 'connect' with more because He is more like us. Jesus being made man like us doesn't diminish from His God-ness, it just means He is less scary and distant. It's part of the same reason that one of my favourite prays is the Hail Mary. Obviously we don't worship Mary, but we believe she can 'take our prays to God' and because she was human and a woman I can connect with her more.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Walaikum Assalam!

True, the verse calls those disbelievers who say Allah :D is the third of the three.

In Islam, we have no intercession. We ask Allah :D and know that He listens. Any attempt by a person to asks a dead pesron (including the Prophet and pious men) to intercede is considered incorrect. SOme scholars even discourage asking a live person to pray for you. That also gives an impression that Allah :D will hear him better. He says in the Qur'an in a few places that He wants His servants to ask Him for anything. Regarding intercession, the following verses are relevant:

21:28 "and they cannot intercede except for him with whom He is pleasedâ€

36:23 “ ‘Shall I take besides Him aalihah (gods)? If the Most Gracious (Allaah) intends me any harm, their intercession will be of no use for me whatsoeverâ€

Intercession will only be allowed on the Day of Judgement, where the Messengers, Prophets, and those close to Allah :D will be able to recommend forgiveness for certain people.

Wassalam

"

Wow sounds a lot like the Holy Trinity in Christianity. Jesus was the third of three -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.

Hi

We dont believe that jesus claimed to be the "son of god" ..he was a prophet just like those who became before him

"But the Messiah (Jesus) said: 'O Children of israel! Worship Allah, my Rabb (Lord) and your Rabb (Lord).' Verily, whosoever sets up partners in worship with Allah, then Allah has forbidden Paradise for him, and the Fire will be his abode. And for the polytheists and wrong-doers, there are no helpers." (Qur'an 5: 72)
"O people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, nor say of Allah aught but the truth. The Messiah Jesus, son of Mary, was (no more than) a Messenger of Allah and His Word ("Be!"-and he was) which he bestowed on Mary and a spirit (Rouh) created by Him; so believe in Allah and His Messengers. Say not: 'Three (trinity)! Cease! (It is) better for you. For Allah is (the only) One Ilah (God), Glory be to Him (Far Exalted is He) above having a son. To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the earth. And Allah is All-Sufficient as a Disposer of affairs." (Qur'an 4: 171)

"Surely, in disbelief are they who say that Allah is the Messiah, son of Mary!Say (O Muhammad, peace upon him): "Who then has the least power against Allah, if He were to destroy the Messiah son of Mary, his mother, and all those who are on the earth together? And to Allah belongs the dominion of the heavens and the earth, and all that is between them. He creates what He wills.

And Allah is able to do all things." (Qur'an 5: 17)

"It is not for any human being to whom Allah has given the Book and Al-Hukma (knowledge and understanding of the laws of religion, etc.) and Prophethood to say to the people: "Be my worshippers rather than Allah's." On the contrary (he would say): Be you Rabbaniyyun (learned men of religion who practise what they know and also call others to it ), because you are teaching the Book, and you are studying it. Nor would he order you to take angels and Prophets for lords (gods). Would he order you to disbelieve after you have submitted to Allah's will?" (Qur'an 3: 79-80)

I truly wonder what political events were taking place at the time for one to have cause to take something so similar and question it as these quotes state.

Could u be clearer...

Political state of ?

"5.73They surely disbelieve who say : Lo! Allah is the third of three ; when there is no God save the One God . If they desist not from so saying a painful doom will fall on those of them who disbelieve .

5.74 . Will they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness of Him? For Allah is Forgiving , Merciful ."

Wow sounds a lot like the Holy Trinity in Christianity. Jesus was the third of three -- the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. Why then turn to Allah for forgiveness, was there not a perception at the time that Jesus was not forgiving as was stated? I truly wonder what political events were taking place at the time for one to have cause to take something so similar and question it as these quotes state.

Thanks for the quotes :D

Salam,

Omg, are we reading the same text? Because no where in that statement does it say that there is a "Trinity". It says Allah is "1" of 3, basically means that Allah is one, not 3. If that wasn't clear enough the preceding statements says Allah is one. Further more, at the end of the statement it Allah says, would "they not rather turn unto Allah and seek forgiveness from Him"! Pretty much explains what I mean, about praying to god, rather then Jesus.

Salam.

Salam,

Omg, are we reading the same text?

OMG, you bet we are!! See how interpretations differ!! OMG, no offense intended of course but OMG everyone has certain interpreations of things especially dogmas.

OMG, you bet we are!! See how interpretations differ!! OMG, no offense intended of course but OMG everyone has certain interpreations of things especially dogmas.

Salam,

This has little to do with"interpreations", as its pretty clear. The statment was made clear by the statments that fallowed after it. As for praying to Jesus, I am still a bit confused. As God and Jesus are the same being. Should "Jesus" really be considered an important figure? Wasn't it god who secrifised himself? Since all there "Jesus, God and Holy Ghost" are one and the same, shouldn't we pray to the basics of all three. What is comman among all three of them. And that commanality is that all 3 are god. I hope u guys can make me understand this a bit better.

Salam.

Hi,

Bad news for you. You can't understand it if you don't believe in the concept of original sin. It can only be understood within the concept of God's plan to save mankind from sin. This concept is unfortunately alien to Muslim and therefore subsequent explanation will render it absolutely nonsensical. Sorry for the short comment but I've seen people trying to explain this thing and it just a waste of time since they were basically speaking different languages with different bases of argument.

:D

Is Jesus Divine ?

by M. Abul-Ata

(A) The gospels accord Jesus (pbuh) a status not a shade higher than that of prophet and messenger. A prophet cannot be set up as God besides God. The following passage support our claim:

"And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent." (John 17:3)

"Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the One who sent me." (Mark 9:37)

"I was sent only to the lost sheep of israel."(Matthew 15:24)

"If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love." (John 15:10)

"As it is, you are determined to kill me, a man who has told you the truth that I heard from God. Abraham did not do such things." (John 8:40)

"He who receives you receives me, and he who receives me receives the One who sent me." (Matthew 10:40)

Clearly the Messiah is merely a prophet, not God Himself.

(B) God is comprehended from His attributes. Granted Jesus (pbuh) is Master of Divine attributes you are justified in taking him for God.On the other hand if the truth is otherwise and Jesus stands destitue of Divine attributes, your claim to this Divinity is unsound and hostile to the truth.

Let us draw a comparison between the attributes and acts of God and those of Jesus (pbuh):

(1) It is not up to God to pray; it is up to man to beseech and tender supplication. The way of God is to attend to man`s petitions. It is written:

"The LORD is far from the wicked but he hears the prayer of the righteous." (Proverbs 15:29)

"But Jesus often withdrew to lonely places and prayed."(Luke 5:16)

"And being in anguish, he prayed more earnestly"(Luke 22:44)

"Then Jesus went with his disciples to a place called Gethsemane, and he said to them, "Sit here while I go over there and pray."(Matthew 26:36)

"During the days of Jesus' life on earth, he offered up prayers and petitions with loud cries and tears to the one who could save him from death, and he was heard because of his reverent submission."(Hebrews 5:7)

If the Messiah were the Lord (naudubillah) whom then did he implore? Whom did he ask in all humbleness for aid? The verses above disaprove the Divinity of Jesus.

(2) God is Almighty, "I will be a Father to you,and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty."(2 Corinthians 6:18). Jesus is not. He is not God. The following verses contradict Jesus` Omnipotence:

"I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me."(John 5:30)

"And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them."(Mark 6:5)

"And when Herod saw Jesus, he was exceeding glad: for he was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him; and he hoped to have seen some miracle done by him. Then he questioned with him in many words; but he answered him nothing."(Luke 23:8-9)

(3) God is All-Aware of the Unseen and the Seen, nothing escapes His knowledge. He has the knowledge of the earth and heavan and all that is created (1 Kings 8:39). In sharp contrast, Jesus (peace be upon him) is not imbued with this attribute. Again the gospels furnish us with clear evidence:

"But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father."(Mark 13:32)

"Now in the morning as he returned into the city, he hungered. And when he saw a fig tree in the way, he came to it, and found nothing thereon, but leaves only, and said unto it, Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward for ever. And presently the fig tree withered away." (Matthew 21:18-19)

To be Continued >>

Continued from previous post

She came up behind him and touched the edge of his cloak, and immediately her bleeding stopped.

"Who touched me?" Jesus asked. When they all denied it, Peter said, "Master, the people are crowding and pressing against you." (Luke 8:44-45)

"I will give you the keys of the kingdom of heaven; whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven." (Matthew 16:19)

"Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan! You are a stumbling block to me; you do not have in mind the things of God, but the things of men." (Matthew 16:23)

Judah was one of the 12 disciples of Jesus. He betrayed him and recanted. Yet Jesus addressed them (including Judah). Jesus said to them:

"Jesus said to them, "I tell you the truth, at the renewal of all things, when the Son of Man sits on his glorious throne, you who have followed me will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of israel." (Matthew 19:28)

Jesus was All-Aware nethier of the obscure nor the manifest. He was in the dark even regarding so crude a matter as the produce season of the fig tree. It is, therefore, a flagrent blunder to take Jesus for God.

(4) 'Death overtakes him not': "who alone is immortal" (1 Timothy 6:16) . On the contrary Jesus is reported to have died: "For while we were still helpless, at the right time Christ died " (Romans 5:6) Consequently, Jesus cannot possibly be God.

(5) It is God who is the Savior of Mankind and shields them from disaster. Says David:

"A righteous man may have many troubles, but the LORD delivers him from them all" (Psalms 34:19)

The Messiah was not in a position to rescue people from disaster;he himself requested God`s help:

"Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'?(John 12:27)

In light of this it is wrong to uphold Jesus as God.

(6) God neither fears nor is afraid of anyone. Jesus was most unlike Him. He was overawed and cowed by the Jews as will be seen from the passages below:

"So from that day on they plotted to take his life. Therefore Jesus no longer moved about publicly among the Jews. Instead he withdrew to a region near the desert, to a village called Ephraim, where he stayed with his disciples." (John 11:53-54)

"Then he warned his disciples not to tell anyone that he was the Christ." (Matthew 16:20)

"However, after his brothers had left for the Feast, he went also, not publicly, but in secret." (John 7:10)

How can it be meet to take a scared and timid man for God?

(7) God`s dominion is on earth and in heavan. Everywhere His authority reigns supreme and His decree can neither be evaded nor can be impeded. We know all to well that such qualities did not apply to Jesus:

"Jesus said to them, "You will indeed drink from my cup, but to sit at my right or left is not for me to grant. These places belong to those for whom they have been prepared by my Father." (Matthew 20:23)

"Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me. Yet not as I will, but as you will." (Matthew 26:39)

Truley, the Messiah was not God.

(8) God is above all His creation. None can tempt Him for good or for bad:

"When tempted, no one should say, "God is tempting me." For God cannot be tempted by evil, nor does he tempt anyone" (James 1:13)

It was not a matter of a day or two but for forty consecutive days, the gospels tell us, that Satan had tempted and followed him wherever he went:

1Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, 2where for forty days he was tempted by the devil. He ate nothing during those days, and at the end of them he was hungry.

3The devil said to him, "If you are the Son of God, tell this stone to become bread."

4Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone.'[a]"

5The devil led him up to a high place and showed him in an instant all the kingdoms of the world. 6And he said to him, "I will give you all their authority and splendor, for it has been given to me, and I can give it to anyone I want to. 7So if you worship me, it will all be yours."

8Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Worship the Lord your God and serve him only.'"

"The devil led him to Jerusalem and had him stand on the highest point of the temple. "If you are the Son of God," he said, "throw yourself down from here. For it is written: " 'He will command his angels concerning you to guard you carefully;they will lift you up in their hands,so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'"Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'"When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time." (Luke 4:1-13)

To be continued >>

Grace and Peace be with you all,

Oh, flooding... ick! :D

In response to the original question, it is my humble opinion and the opinion of the Catholic Church that Jesus Christ really and truly was the incarnation of God. Amen.

I admit that such an understanding is challenging but no less the truth.

Peace 4 Real!

Grace and Peace be with you all,

Oh, flooding... ick! :D

In response to the original question, it is my humble opinion and the opinion of the Catholic Church that Jesus Christ really and truly was the incarnation of God. Amen.

I admit that such an understanding is challenging but no less the truth.

Peace 4 Real!

i don't get How could the god die. :D

Salaam,

My question is to the person who posted the topic is If JESUS(PBUH) the son of God or God then who is the other prophets God

Salaam

While we can conceive and accept that God is Almighty and All-Powerful and able to do all things, yet there are obviously things which He cannot do or will not do, such as have a "Son", since this will raise all kinds of problems not just for us humans but for God Himself.

If he can or wants to have one "Son" why not many more? Can such a "Son" be equal to Him, separate yet not separate from Him? Would such a Son have the same power and attributes (nature) as Him? If the "Son" is not equal nor have the same attributes, why should he share in the Godhead? If the "Son" is equal and has the same attributes as Him, whose Will will prevail? If neither, has not God then compromised Himself?

Is the "Son" God? Can "Son" and "Father" be One and the Same? How is this possible? On what evidence is it so? Why should it even be so? Why has God in the whole of the OT never once mentioned that He was going to send His "Son" to be sacrificed for the sake of humankind?

If God is the Creator, what is everything else other than God but the Created? Was Jesus Creator or Created?

Who exactly is this "Holy Spirit" - Creator or Created? (Why don't we know

anything about him at all?) It is either one or the other but can never be

both.

God cannot be Creator AND Created at the same time - that is His very own nature - His Essence so to speak. We cannot really know what God is like but conversely we can certainly know what He is NOT like. Anything human is NOT God. Jesus is human, therefore Jesus is not God.

Christians will never be able to pursue each of these and many more such questions to their logical and truthful conclusion, because the doctrine of the Trinity is illogical and completely made up by the fallible mind of men.

As one Christian finally admitted when unable to pursue the above questions logically, even with reference to the Bible, the doctine of the Trinity is a working hypothesis. Hypothesis?

Go figure out for yourself what a "working hypothesis" is, since he couldn't even explain that.

Is it a theory that works just because it got a few billion people over the centuries believing it?

Paul must be laughing in his grave because even he apparently did not teach such a doctrine, yet the doctrine traces it roots to his teachings and became the central doctrine in Christianity.

Yet it was not always central to Christian theology and there are many Christians even today who do not subscribe to it. These are the Unitarian Christians (who believe that Jesus (pbuh) was fully human) who were known as Arians or Arianists during the time of Constantinople, although many Unitarians today, such as the Unitarian Universalists, are no longer even "Christian".

On the site (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.biblicalunitarian(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.biblicalunitarian(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url], it is made very obvious that they are different. However they still believe Jesus to be the "Son of God" but not the "Supreme God". Only in this do they differ from the Trinitarians, which is of course why they still consider themselves Christians.

Excerpt from Transylvania Unitarian Catechism:

"We do not call Jesus God, because we know that he was in reality a man . . . His real humanity is verified by his whole life. He was born, grew up in body and spirit, was happy, sorrowful, hungry, thirsty, suffered and died . . . After Jesus' death, his loyal disciples and followers took his body down from the cross and buried it in the tomb . . . His disciples and followers loyalty kept the memory of their master and teacher, and proclaimed his teachings . . . Our most important duty is to love God, to love our neighbors and to build the kingdom of God on Earth. In fulfillment of our duty we shall listen to voice of our conscience, we shall always choose good, truth and beauty, and we shall be loyal to these. If we lived in that way, our reward will be a restful heart, and peace among us".

To mainstream Christianity this of course is heresy.

While we can conceive and accept that God is Almighty and All-Powerful and able to do all things, yet there are obviously things which He cannot do or will not do, such as have a "Son", since this will raise all kinds of problems not just for us humans but for God Himself.

Grace and Peace yusufar,

If there 'are' things He 'cannot' do then aren't you really suggesting a concept of a god who is really 'not' omnipotent?

This appears to be a logical contradiction...

Peace 4 Real.