Islamic Forum
dot

Holy Holocaust!

Assalam Alaikum

Jazaak Allah KHair for sharing this thread brother DOT.

May Allah (SWT) guide us all on the right path.. ameen

PropellerAds

Asalamalaykom

but brother 'sunhanallaah' do you actully beleive all of what Edgar J. Steele says? He states that the holocaust never happened.

Peace from our Lord,

There are also tons of Muslims sites discussing this issue without using hate vocabulary, and your point?

So we have sites that show us the perspective of the powerful ones ( :D ) and sites that give us the view of the underdogs ( :D ) - we need both to get a fair picture. :D

That whole log of information so generously provided by the thread starter disgusts me in ways I had not yet know to exist.

But he's true its all a lie. A big fat lie. I guess thats why when my Great Uncle who was Jewish and in the American army during WWII went personally to a concentration camp freeing the people that were held there, seeing the ovens and showers first hand, came back to America, renouced God and his religion and became an Aethist declaring that if their was a God, God would not have allowed such atrocities to occur.

Yes you sitting behind your computer screen, in your comfortable chair, in your nice AC, with food on your table, and a shelter over your head come tell my great uncle, you come tell him to his face that although he was there in person while you sit and type and read "articles" on your computer that he's wrong, that he's only decided to renounce his religion as some grand scheme Jewish conspiracy, better yet you tell all the service men and women and families of all the countries that participated in WWII that it was all a hoax;

YES! And you can save the best for last, you can even walk right up to the few remaining holocaust survivors today and tell them that the memories of horror and saddness are all lies, that the time they spent in Hell was merely imagined, that the numbers forever burned into their arms are not real.

Oh, and try not laugh as you attempt to wipe the numbers off.

People speak of the Holocaust because of the disgusting things which happened during it, it would be very difficult to say any of us even know what that was like and it was a long time ago but what happened was one of the worst crimes against humanity mainly because of the context of what happened, mainly being that the Jews were brutally executed by the means at which no others have been.

Who really cares whether it happened or not, but why we should pay when we were not responsible for it?

All Jews should be transported to Germany and Germany should be named israel.

It would be a best thing.

It nauseates me that schools in some countries would even consider removing the holocaust from history lessons. Shame on anyone who denies it or tries to bury it.

This will be my last post on this site. I came here to find understanding. i assumed that people are people, there are good people and bad people in every race. I felt as if the muslims get a bad rap because they radicals in that group are the most destructive. But surely, if i find a place where i can speak to moderate muslims I would find that those radicals are a small minority. that is not what I have found. what i have found is hate, intolerance, hypocritical logic, and blatant lies and race baiting.

1 - The Holocaust happend, stop denying it. It was a horrific event that needs to be remembered so it is never repeated.

2 - God gave the Holy Land to the Jews. It belongs to them. If you don't want to look at it in religous terms than look at this way. The Muslims took Jerusalem by force. They also lost it by force. Not the first time land has changed hands after a war.

3 - How you can you be such hypocrits? Stop discussing the Holocaust, it happened a long time ago. Didn't it happen about the same time the state of Isreal was created? By that logic, shouldn't you stop complaining about the Palestineans?

It's a shame, Islam has been hijacked by the radicals and that movement is working its way what used to be the moderates. While most of you wouldn't strap a suicide jacket on and blow yourself up, you make excuses, condone the acts. Justify the reactions.

At least I can say I tried. I tried to understand Muslims. I didn't find the reasonable people I expected to. I hope the reasonable Muslims can take thier religion back one day soon. There will be no peace until that happens.

2 - God gave the Holy Land to the Jews. It belongs to them. If you don't want to look at it in religous terms than look at this way. The Muslims took Jerusalem by force. They also lost it by force. Not the first time land has changed hands after a war.

3 - How you can you be such hypocrits? Stop discussing the Holocaust, it happened a long time ago. Didn't it happen about the same time the state of Isreal was created? By that logic, shouldn't you stop complaining about the Palestineans?

It's a shame, Islam has been hijacked by the radicals and that movement is working its way what used to be the moderates. While most of you wouldn't strap a suicide jacket on and blow yourself up, you make excuses, condone the acts. Justify the reactions.

At least I can say I tried. I tried to understand Muslims. I didn't find the reasonable people I expected to. I hope the reasonable Muslims can take thier religion back one day soon. There will be no peace until that happens.

Is this a list of your non-negotiables? If so, it's pretty ridiculous, and I have to wonder when you said you tried. But you are more than welcome to stop posting if you have discovered intolerable differences between you and the forumites here. I assure you, though, that it would be your extremism that got in the way of your continued presence here, not theirs.

Now to your list:

#2 You seem to be saying that it is ok for Jerusalem to be taken and held by force. If that is the case, then you must, as a consequence, also allow for any attempts at removing israel from Jerusalem, and so you have tacitly endorced the intifada. Not sure that was your goal, but congratulations.

#3 You too would probably get tired of the holocaust if it was thrown in your face every time you protested the illegal eviction of thousands from their home and lands.

You have no idea about Islam, you haven't even taken a week to figure things out, and you have done nothing to educate yourself on the historical circumstances, despite my best effort to point you in that direction. There will be no peace until that happens.

I tried to private message you, but apparently i'm not allowed. You are correct, it took me less than a week. I thought the radicals were the minority. But as soon as I get to this website I see boycott Isreal banners and thread after thread of hate speech. It would appear as if the moderates are the minority. However, since you took the time to respond to me I will respond to you, that is only appropriate. First of all, thank you for taking the time to reply to my postings. I truly appreciate your efforts to help me understand your religion. I just have an issue with the way of thinking that seems prevail in your culture.

Here are a few questions that the answers to which may be able to help me out.

1 - how can Muslims legitimately claim they have more of a claim to Isreal than the Jewish people? How can you make that claim? God promised that land to the Jews, historically they have lived there. In fact historically almost every major religion has some claim to the land.

2 - how do you reconcile the contradictions in the koran? some verses call for violence and conversion by force, others talk about peace. Osama Bin Laden is just as able to quote the koran to justify his actions as other muslims are able to quote the koran to defend Islam.

3 - you didn't address the holocaust denail that seem fairly prevelant in this community. what are your feelings on the holocaust?

I don't see how you can call me extreme. I'm just looking for reasonable people to give me hope for the future. But I didn't seem to find many reasonable people as i read through the posts. I found a lot of lies and propoganda about Isreal and the Jews. I found a lot of anger and hate. There was also alot of discussion about different aspects of Islam but that isn't what concerns me. What concerns is the general attitude that it is ok to hate. it's ok to hate Isreal, it's ok to hate the west. it seems to me like the actions of Muslims are being justified, no matter how extreme. Believe me, I'm not an extremist. I just want to live in peace.

Maybe you are right, maybe I gave up too quickly. But the content and overall mood of this board is very scary.

I see boycott Isreal banners and thread after thread of hate speech.

Criticizing israel isn't hate speech. And I have seen other Muslims correct people who have gone too far.

First of all, thank you for taking the time to reply to my postings. I truly appreciate your efforts to help me understand your religion. I just have an issue with the way of thinking that seems prevail in your culture.

It isn't my religion, as you can see from the header of each post, I am non-religious. I am merely capable of exercising something called empathy and have enough sense to wonder why people do things instead of merely assume I know the answer after two days. This in itself ought to demonstrate to you that you do not have a complete picture, if someone who is irreligious is capable of offering a defense.

1 - how can Muslims legitimately claim they have more of a claim to Isreal than the Jewish people? How can you make that claim? God promised that land to the Jews, historically they have lived there. In fact historically almost every major religion has some claim to the land.

"How can you claim to have more claim over things stolen from you than the people it was later given to?" That is your question. The palestinians base their claim off of having this land taken from them within living memory. But let's not talk about who has a greater claim. Why not talk about simply letting them return and sharing the land with israel? It doesn't have to be an either/or situation. As far as God, that won't get you very far. The Jews hadn't had a country there since the Romans about 1900 years ago. The Palestinians were living there less than 90 years ago. I don't think religion really factors into the decision. What if someone started a new religion (ala Scientology) and claimed to be the lost tribes of israel? Do they have a claim on the land because their religion says so?

2 - how do you reconcile the contradictions in the koran? some verses call for violence and conversion by force, others talk about peace. Osama Bin Laden is just as able to quote the koran to justify his actions as other muslims are able to quote the koran to defend Islam.

I feel no compulsion to defend or explain the Quran. Nevertheless, white supremicist quote the Bible, does that mean the Bible is racist or that it is contradictory on race?

3 - you didn't address the holocaust denail that seem fairly prevelant in this community. what are your feelings on the holocaust?

I did address this when I mentioned a very understandable frustration with having the holocaust, something the Palestinians were not involved in, continually thrown in their face to justify the wrongs perpetrated against them. Nevertheless, I do not condone holocaust denial.

I don't see how you can call me extreme. I'm just looking for reasonable people to give me hope for the future. But I didn't seem to find many reasonable people as i read through the posts. I found a lot of lies and propoganda about Isreal and the Jews. I found a lot of anger and hate. There was also alot of discussion about different aspects of Islam but that isn't what concerns me. What concerns is the general attitude that it is ok to hate. it's ok to hate Isreal, it's ok to hate the west. it seems to me like the actions of Muslims are being justified, no matter how extreme. Believe me, I'm not an extremist. I just want to live in peace.

Maybe you are right, maybe I gave up too quickly. But the content and overall mood of this board is very scary.

I'm not sure how to respond to your hyperbole. I called you extreme because you brush aside every suggestion that there reasons for the frustration you see. I called you extreme because you seem eager to impose your religious views (like constantly mentioning that God gave the land to the Jews) on the discussion, without concern that others may not share your views. I called you extreme because you confuse people who have a problem with how modern israel was created with antisemitism. You didn't come here to understand, you came here to see the bad muslims beat their chests and say their mea culpas when the people you are making these demands have done nothing wrong. You condemn an entire class of people based solely on their religion. That seems extreme to me.

There are people who hate israel, because israel has taken their land, killed their sons and daughters, and subjected them to some of the most draconian conditions on earth. They hate the west because it is the west that is helping israel do these things at every turn, the west that topples democratically elected governments in favor of autocrats who promise them economic favors, the west who helps keep these autocrats in power with money, weapons, and an umbrella of political legitimacy they don't deserve, all while espousing liberty and equality for all. The actions of Muslims are not justified without reserve. You haven't tried very hard if you haven't found members here critical of the recent shooting, or of other tragedies.

I understand you want to live in peace, but it seems you only want to live in peace on your terms, and are prepared to write off an entire class of people if they don't agree to those terms. What is very scary from my perspective is this absolute blindness to the prejudices informing your activity here. You don't have to agree with every Muslim. You don't have to accept the Quran. But if you aren't willing to try and see what is happening all around you from their perspective, then there really is no reason to continue here, because you will only find more evidence for exactly what you expect to see.

I have to admit, it is no surprise to me that this forum is so full of hate. Nevertheless, I feel compelled to respond despite that my words will undoubtedly fall on deaf ears:

The Holocaust is known in hebrew as שואה, or "sho'ah". this is related to the arabic word ÓæÃà "sau'a" which means atrocity. It was a german engineered machine that was built for the sole purpose of answering "the Jewish question", highly efficient, meticulously planned, and deliberately executed. It was designed to erase a nation from the planet... much like the many smaller yet devastating pogroms of europe, or farhoods of the arab world. The last person to achieve comparable devastation against the nation of israel would be Titus, who led a siege against the holy Jewish city of Jerusalem and destroyed the temple for the second time, ending an epoch of Jewish life and creating a diaspora nation. He killed myriads (almost the entirety) of Jews and it was recorded by roman historians in unprecedented details. Upon returning to Rome, he was awarded a triumph for his success, yet refused to accept it by saying "there is no merit in vanquishing a people forsaken by their own god". What could inspire such words from a man who hated the Judaens enough to strive to obliterate them from the face of history, if not regret? Was Titus regretful that he made the streets of Jerusalem flow with Jewish blood, or that he desecrated their holy of holies in the temple? or was it the knowledge that the collective Jewish memory of the destruction would keep them alive and strong eventually outlasting the Romans much like they did the Assyrians, Babylonians, Egyptians, Persians... the list continues unto today with the Nazis. Similarly, the Nazi holocaust happened and it became part of the Jewish collective memory, the memory that was the target of the holocaust, the source of Jewish inspiration. The effort to deny the holocaust is the effort to destroy the source of Jewish inspiration, their collective memory that has spanned more than 5000 years. The holocaust is hated because it makes israel holy. Meanwhile, anti-zionism is used as a cover against anti-semitism. Words are twisted until it becomes a political position and identity that is separate from Judaism. Zion is represented in arabic by the corruption Õåíæä "sihyiun" which has no meaning whatsoever. The truth is it shares the same root as the word Öæå dau' which means bright light. Zion is the place/nation of bright light (holiness), which is why it is known as ÇáÞÃÓ "alquds" the holy. Jews have always prayed for the "geula tzion", the redemption of tzion, the RETURN to tzion, holyness. There are ancient coins with this exact phrase printed on them along with "herut tzion" freedom of tzion. Zionism IS Judaism. This is the the Ãíä "judgement" of israel.

I sincerely hope that my words echo with meaning and provide light for those who are unguided.

The holocaust is hated because it makes israel holy.

This must mean the Mohicans are the holiest of the holies, since they were completely wiped out. Things done to you don't make you holy, it is the things you do that determinative in that regard.

And the holocaust is often (without judgment on how often) hated because it is used precisely as a tool of justification for acts that are anything but holy. Why kill, displace and subjugate another people because it was done to you? If anything, you would think such a history would make you less prone to such behavior, but history teaches us another lesson, that fear will cause us to become exactly what we hate. The resistance movement against tyranny becomes its own tyranny once in power.

It is hated precisely because of the way you have just used it, as a carte blanc for the actions and behavior of israel, for if it is your collective memory that makes you holy, then present behavior really has no bearing on the question, and in fact is justified, because it is done in the name of the holy. The Jews have suffered, but so have others. Why diminish their suffering by proclaiming it somehow less significant (or worse, insignificant) than yours.

You accuse me of wanting peace only under certain conditions, but you take the same position with different conditions. Everyone wants to talk about historical frustrations, everyone has them. Every group of people has been persecuted at some point. Every one. But to use that frustration as justification for the actions of terrorists is rediculous. in my opinion, saying an act was wrong but you can understand why someone would do it is justifying that act.

I'm all for a two state solution, i really am. I don't see how that happens as long as the Hamas savages are in control in the West Bank.

I have not spoken a word about justification. I am talking about understanding. Do you understand their frustration, and if so, what are you willing to do about it? Dismissing it because "everyone has frustration" is too easy; it allows you to ignore legitimate, ongoing grievances.

And how does a two state solution answer these grievances, not that israel even cares about such a solution as they continue to undermine what pseudo-state the Palestinians have anyway.

Besides, it is a miracle that you have discerned my position since I haven't even expressed it yet. All I've done is argued for empathy.

Understanding = quasi Justification... you have to realize this. The proper reaction is to say oh my god how can these people show such little respect for human life. There is no understanding the acts of these savages. If you can understand what motivates them kill indiscriminately you are justifying these atrocities. This is my main problem with the tone I have read on this board. The majority of Muslims and those listed as non religous say exactly what you are. "It's a terrible thing, but I can understand why they are so upset." That is the general justification that frustrates non muslims. There needs to be a more public outcry from Muslims condemning these acts and these criminals. When all we see is justification of the acts and an immediate defence of Islam as being a peaceful religion. it gets frustrating, especially when the acts of many muslims and the words of the Koran itself argue that Islam in not a peaceful religion.

Understanding = quasi Justification... you have to realize this.

I don't have to realize what isn't true. Understanding why someone might feel compelled to be a suicide bomber doesn't justify, condone, or support it. It does however give one a chance at understanding the motivations that lead to such behavior and offer potential solutions that would lessen or even remove altogether these motivating factors.

The proper reaction is to say oh my god how can these people show such little respect for human life.

Yes, that is the proper reaction, only in my case it would be more than a rhetorical question.

There is no understanding the acts of these savages. If you can understand what motivates them kill indiscriminately you are justifying these atrocities.

No, if I can understand them, I can have a chance at contributing to a solution that leads to their end.

This is my main problem with the tone I have read on this board. The majority of Muslims and those listed as non religous say exactly what you are. "It's a terrible thing, but I can understand why they are so upset." That is the general justification that frustrates non muslims. There needs to be a more public outcry from Muslims condemning these acts and these criminals. When all we see is justification of the acts and an immediate defence of Islam as being a peaceful religion. it gets frustrating, especially when the acts of many muslims and the words of the Koran itself argue that Islam in not a peaceful religion.

Well, there really is nothing I can do about your problem, because it is one of a lack of effort. The question, after something terrible happens, is "how can we prevent this in the future?" You can either try to treat the underlying issues that are creating the problem or you can dehumanize people and treat them as the problem. You have chosen the latter, and the proof of this is in your own words. These people aren't human, they are "savages" who "kill indiscriminately" and we can have "no understanding of [their] acts". Of course we can, if we so desire, but often treating the circumstances means changing ourselves; our behavior and our attitudes, and it can seem easier to simply strip the other party of their humanity than to bother with having to examine our own actions and perhaps reform them.

As for the Quran not being peaceful, would you say that the Bible is peaceful? I seem to recall plenty of violence, including passages advocating smashing the heads of our enemies infants against rocks. Do you really want to compare whose religion is more peaceful? Christianity will not emerge from such an examination quite as shiny as I expect you would like it to.

I'm Christian, i follow the new testament which preaches nothing but peace and love. not a claim that can be made about the Koran. We are going to have to disagree here i guess because i will not try to understand why someone would feel justified to strap explosives to woman and children, or to fly planes into buildings, or to indiscriminatly fire rockets into isreal. i simply dismiss as an evil act committed by evil people.

I do call them savages, but that doesn't take away thier humanity. Below is the definition of the word, it fits very well.

sav⋅age  /ˈsævɪdʒ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sav-ij] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb, -aged, -ag⋅ing.

Use savage in a Sentence

See web results for savage

See images of savage

–adjective 1. fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed: savage beasts.

2. uncivilized; barbarous: savage tribes.

3. enraged or furiously angry, as a person.

4. unpolished; rude: savage manners.

5. wild or rugged, as country or scenery: savage wilderness.

6. Archaic. uncultivated; growing wild.

–noun 7. an uncivilized human being.

8. a fierce, brutal, or cruel person.

9. a rude, boorish person.

10. a member of a preliterate society.

I would say this definition fits the type of person that kills indiscriminity, beheads, etc.... how is savage not the appropriate word?

I'm Christian, i follow the new testament which preaches nothing but peace and love. not a claim that can be made about the Koran. We are going to have to disagree here i guess because i will not try to understand why someone would feel justified to strap explosives to woman and children, or to fly planes into buildings, or to indiscriminatly fire rockets into isreal. i simply dismiss as an evil act committed by evil people.

I do call them savages, but that doesn't take away thier humanity. Below is the definition of the word, it fits very well.

sav⋅age  /ˈsævɪdʒ/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [sav-ij] Show IPA adjective, noun, verb, -aged, -ag⋅ing.

Use savage in a Sentence

See web results for savage

See images of savage

–adjective 1. fierce, ferocious, or cruel; untamed: savage beasts.

2. uncivilized; barbarous: savage tribes.

3. enraged or furiously angry, as a person.

4. unpolished; rude: savage manners.

5. wild or rugged, as country or scenery: savage wilderness.

6. Archaic. uncultivated; growing wild.

–noun 7. an uncivilized human being.

8. a fierce, brutal, or cruel person.

9. a rude, boorish person.

10. a member of a preliterate society.

I would say this definition fits the type of person that kills indiscriminity, beheads, etc.... how is savage not the appropriate word?

Uh...you did read the first definition for savage right, "untamed: savage beasts". Besides you cannot say you have preserved their humanity while stripping them of civilization, since we as humans are defined by culture and civilization. Without this, we are simply animals.

As for your peace and love, unless you are a Marcionite, you have two thirds of your book under the heading of "Old Testament". Try reading it some time, it could be enlightening. Regardless, your peaceable and loving new testament has God killing people for lying about how much their personal property was worth, casting people in lakes of fire after killing vast numbers of them with plagues and other instruments of death, and one of its main proponents suggesting that those who disagree with him castrate themselves. With all of that, the Christians don't need to kill, their loving God will do it for them, although I do believe they are anticipating a cheerleading role in the carnage. Welcome to peace and love.

Edited by the sad clown

Uh...you did read the first definition for savage right, "untamed: savage beasts". Besides you cannot say you have preserved their humanity while stripping them of civilization, since we as humans are defined by culture and civilization. Without this, we are simply animals.

As for your peace and love, unless you are a Marcionite, you have two thirds of your book under the heading of "Old Testament". Try reading it some time, it could be enlightening. Regardless, your peaceable and loving new testament has God killing people for lying about how much their personal property was worth, casting people in lakes of fire after killing vast numbers of them with plagues and other instruments of death, and one of its main proponents suggesting that those who disagree with him castrate themselves. Welcome to peace and love.

You do know the difference between a noun and an adjetive correct? I was using the term savage as a noun, where the definition applies perfectly. The terrorists are savages, you may not like to hear it, but the definition fits. I have read both the Old and the New Testament. You are correct, God kills people in the New Testament, God kills, as is his right. God does not order his people to kill indiscriminatly. At this point I feel like you and i have reached an impasse. You want to justify the actions of and try to understand the motives of these savages. My position is that they should be denounced and removed from any position of authority. This is such a fundamental difference I don't see how we find common ground.

You do know the difference between a noun and an adjetive correct?

And you realize that the it is an adjectival noun don't you? You can't pretend they are unrelated. BTW, unless you are a trained linguist, I'm fairly certain I know more about this subject than you do.

You want to justify the actions of and try to understand the motives of these savages. My position is that they should be denounced and removed from any position of authority. This is such a fundamental difference I don't see how we find common ground.

You are right, we are at an impasse, because I've already explained the difference between understanding and justifying. It stops being a dialogue when you cease listening. This is evident from the fact that also mentioned that many Muslims would like to remove these dictators from power, but are inhibited in doing this precisely because of Western foreign policy in the region that supports these same people. But yeah, those bad Muslims, why aren't they liberating themselves from oppressive fundamentalists who are supplied with money, arms and the sheen of political legitimacy from the West. I don't get it either.

And you realize that the it is an adjectival noun don't you? You can't pretend they are unrelated. BTW, unless you are a trained linguist, I'm fairly certain I know more about this subject than you do.

You are right, we are at an impasse, because I've already explained the difference between understanding and justifying. It stops being a dialogue when you cease listening. This is evident from the fact that also mentioned that many Muslims would like to remove these dictators from power, but are inhibited in doing this precisely because of Western foreign policy in the region that supports these same people. But yeah, those bad Muslims, why aren't they liberating themselves from oppressive fundamentalists who are supplied with money, arms and the sheen of political legitimacy from the West. I don't get it either.

Either I know more about linguistics or you were trying to choose the definition that you can use to argue your point. I think from reading your posts that you did not understand the definition of savage. But whatever. You have tried to explain your understanding of the difference and I read your words and understood your meaning. I just disagree. Do you have children? If you do, when your child is bad. Say for example the child acts out in school because the child is upset that somebody took his pencil. So in retaliation your child hits the kid who took his pencil. Would you understand why the child is upset or would you punish your child for being violent. The atrocities of these Muslims are so deplorable there is no understanding why they choose to act like savages, there is only condemnation of thier acts and consequences for thier actions, in this life and the next.

Do you have children? If you do, when your child is bad. Say for example the child acts out in school because the child is upset that somebody took his pencil. So in retaliation your child hits the kid who took his pencil. Would you understand why the child is upset or would you punish your child for being violent.

I would likely do both. It would be meaningless to punish without understanding. In that case, you are merely perpetrating meaningless violence on the child. It is only by integrating punishment with understanding that you transform the act into a disciplinary one. What if the child is acting out because of frustration over my neglect? Without understanding, you are merely abusing the child. With understanding I can not only discourage his bad behavior, but can help him to overcome it by reforming my own actions.

Other than that, I am done. I no longer wish to encourage you to continue denigrating Muslims with words like savages and the like.

You have no idea about Islam, you haven't even taken a week to figure things out, and you have done nothing to educate yourself on the historical circumstances, despite my best effort to point you in that direction. There will be no peace until that happens.

I applaud you for that .

And I have to say,you are an impressive debater.I wish I were one.,...lol

:sl: I agree,The Sad Clown your a dam good debater :sl:

The atrocities of these Muslims are so deplorable there is no understanding why they choose to act like savages, there is only condemnation of thier acts and consequences for thier actions, in this life and the next.

Im pretty sure christianity has done far worse throughout history...