Islamic Forum

Salaamu Alaikum

I cant help but notice some of these questions arn't actually related to Islam, someone wrote:"What was the name of Anas ibn Malik's mother?" < if you bothered to go through the whole thread you would notice that yes all the posts have something to do with Islam. She was amongst the first women of Yathrib to accept Islam, so my post did have something to do with Islam. It wasn't asking what colour the sky was.

Assalamu alaikum, Anas RA. was a great Sahabi, as such someone who bore him (his mother) carries some significance, right??? Easy does it Sakinah, lol.

What was the real name of Umm Ayman, and can you give a couple of significant details about her?

Assalamu alaikum.

:sl:

Her real name was Barakah...she was Abyssinian....Prophet Muhammad said about her: "This is Barakah. This is my mother after my own mother.

She is the rest of my family."

she gave birth to a son whom she called Ayman and

from that time onwards people called her "Umm Ayman" the mother

of Ayman.

Later when her former husban died Zayd married her and then she gave birth to another son called Usamah....

Assalamu alaikum, jazaakAllahu Khairan, precisly the details I was looking for, May Allah increase your knowledge of Islam.

You can ask the next question.

umAhmad.

I'm sorry but I have to butt in, I have a slick Islamic Trivia question... (I have to say, I was well impressed when I heard it!)

Who was the greatest Sahabi?

The greatest Sahabi was Abu Bakr

p.s Abul Masakeen is Ja'far ibn Abee Talib

No the greatest Sahabi is not Abu Bakr (ra)!

No, It's not Khalid ibn al-Waleed (ra) either, good try though.

I heard Suhaib Webb asking this question once, thought it was really clever!

Think about the definition of a Sahabi... somebody who met the Prophet (pbuh), while both of them were alive.

And there is a big clue in that it is not Abu Bakr (ra).

Salaamu Alaikum

am not too sure...Salman al Farisi?

if that's wrong can you give us the answer please, I'm dying to know.

No it isn't Salman al-Farisi either!

Okkkk i'll tell you lol...

Basically the definition of a Sahabi is "somebody who met the Prophet (pbuh), while both of them were alive."

Right?

So when the Prophet (pbuh) was taken Isra and Meraj he met...guess who...it's the answer...Isa/Jesus (as)!

And the scholars are unanimous that Isa (as) is alive, so therefore, he met the Prophet (pbuh) while both were alive, making him the greatest of the Sahabah!

Lol, good escape route :sl:!

Who was the Prophet (pbuh)'s best friend?

careful, it's another Suhaib Webb question!

Wahey you got it!

Everyone thought it was Abu Bakr (ra) but obviously we're not as deep-thinkers as you are!

Does anyone else wanna go? Or shall I do another..?

Ok have an historical question now, multiple choice to make it easy

How many Muslims were martyred at Badr?

a) 313

B) 270

c) 27

d) 14

ok have to go, but just to let you know, if you picked option 'a' then the entire army would be dead! answer is d,

Wassalaam Alaykum

ok.... i'm giving the answer, the Sahabi who performed Hajj secretly was Khalid bin al Waleed, next question please

Hey sister Sakina,

One suspects you took offence from my earlier comment. I would like to publicly apologise for any offence caused inshallah, and do hope you forgive me.

Your brother in Islam.

To prevent future misunderstandings, perhaps after the answer we should talk a little more about the person, event or whatever the answer is. As well as prevent misunderstandings, it will also asist in increased learning inshallah.

Rah, brother 'the mujahid', mA your knowledge is very impressive, i didnt think someone would get the Abu Basir question right that quickly. You been listening to Yasir Qadi? lol