Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
curiousbud

Hostage In Iraq

Not sure if this is the correct section, but I just wanted to propose a question. The hostage situation in Iraq with the female reporter, what is everyones point of view on this one. I know the westerners point of view, but what are the muslims' point of view. Is it justified because of their demands or is it actually against the rules of the koran? I believe it is a Islamic group that is responsible and because they are muslims do you guys have to side with them.

PropellerAds

:D/Peace To All

You're talking about the female reporter with the Christian Science Monitor?

Well, whoever abducted her, was wrong in doing so, You don't involve/harm civilians in a military conflict...

I believe the Council on American Islamic Relations (CAIR) has sent a delegation to Iraq to negotiate for her immediate release...

And there are many prominent Muslim individuals, Islamic organizations and the true Iraqi Resistance searching for her...

There's a unanimous outrage and concern for her safety, both within and without Iraq...

Hopefully all civilians will be released immediately and unharmed, whether they be Iraqi's held by the occupation or non-Iraqi's held by the various groups...

This practice needs to cease with regards to both sides...

:D

salam curiousbud.

i cant speak for anyone here but myself.

hostage taking by Islamic groups does nothing to promote their cause. it is innefective as a weapon of negotiation and if anything serves the a roll for the western media to further demonise Islam. so i naturally ask why do they do it? these groups are pretty sophisticated as far as understanding media and public opinion goes. so they know the damage it does to their cause. so i ask myself these questions;

so why do they do it?

for what possible gain?

who benefits from this action?

why claim responsibility but then release footage of the hostage with all the captors faces covered?

why tell american people you dont hate them only their government then take actions like this that makes the us (and world) public distrust, dislike and consider you barbaric?

it makes no sence.

is it possible that MANY of these dramas are staged by mossad to garner hatred of moslems by the west?

There are thousands of groups in Iraq, most of them even the iraqis dont know who or what they are - its a total caous.

However, this situation is on both sides, how do you know the reporter is only an inoccent journalist? she could be a spy (if she is, those who sent her are not going to say so) she could be doing sabotage, or trying to convert people to christianty.

She could also be just in the wrong place in the wrong time. You cant tell who's on whose side in Iraq.

is it possible that MANY of these dramas are staged by mossad to garner hatred of moslems by the west?

I like you zukiful, I really do, its people like you that keep me coming to this forum. I tell you what, I'll give you this one, it is possible, just improbable.

Most westerners that I know realize that taking hostage, etc. is not part of Islam. It is also not part of Christianity, but it still happens all over the world. To blame hostage taking on Islam is an act of total ignorance. What frightens me is panic. My fear is that the kidnappers will panic, and kill this woman for fear of being caught.

salam us girl.

thank you for your kind words. it shows you have compassion and a will to understand. unlike other non muslim posters on this site whom only seek to critisize and not understand.

true christians are wonderful people. for all its faults, the west was built on christianity and has contributed greatly to help humanity through medicines, education human rights etc. although we now see medicines developed not to cure but to continue sales by treating symptoms. educational establishments run by feminists and homosexuals, controled by zionists. and human rights used as a political weapon.

true muslims and christians have more in common than have differences. christian morals and values are under attack all over the world. as are Islamic ones. we have the same enemy, but have been turned against each other by a clever, powerful enemy. all over the net, christians lament the degredation of society, and blame the same cabal the moslems do. christianity is being controlled from the top. there is no limit to the cabals influence.

christians are being used as the enforcers of the zionists. and cant see it.

i salute you for considering other peoples point of view. it will make you a better person.

Thank you zukiful, your comments are truely kind and I appriciate them.

true muslims and christians have more in common than have differences.

I couldn't agree more, and I think that this thread, about this poor woman and others like her reflects that fact.

I really do hope whoever has this lady lets her go she shouldn't of been kidnapped but maybe she was in the wrong place at the wrong time just like Yvonne Ridley was when the taliban captured her.

I don't really know much about her, i havent been reading much news lately but its just not justifiable if anyone was to kill her.

When the taliban let Yvoone Ridley go she had so many good things to say about her treatment in their custody and later she embrassed Islam.