Islamic Forum
dot

How To Pray

Assalamo alaikum :sl:

To perform your daily prayers, you first need to learn how to say a few Quran verses in Arabic. Memorizing 2 small chapters is all you need as a new Muslim.

1- In Each rak'aa, we should say the first chapter, called "Al-Fatihah". It consists of only 7 small verses.
To memorize it, and understand the meanings as you do, please go here:
http://www.allahsqur...arn/#s1d7q1t0p1
Each word has its meaning in English under it, plus you can click at any word to listen to how to say it in Arabic.

2- following Al-Fatihah, we should say a few verses from any other chapter. The best here is chapter 112, called "Al-Ikhlas", which consists of only 4 verses.
To memorize it, and understand the meanings as you do, please go here:
http://www.allahsqur...n/#s112d7q1t0p1
Each word has its meaning in English under it, plus you can click at any word to listen to how to say it in Arabic.

Once you learn how to say those 2 small chapters in Arabic, What's left now is to learn the tashahud.
Please go here to learn How to say the tashahud

Now you're all set to proceed. Learn how to perform a prayer:

Watch this flash movie which guides you, step by step, on how to pray:
http://www.islamicfinder.com/prayer/

or http://english.Islam...er/BegSound.htm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jye2INshffw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_L9-BakrBLI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENoVO601les

Remember: before praying, you need to perform ablution.

Click here to learn How To Perform Ablution (wudu) Before Praying: http://www.gawaher.c...showtopic=42631

:D

saalam dot. you are a legend mate! thats the best guide for me at present. i can practice at home and learn more at the Masjid on fridays.

thanks mate.

jazaakAllah khair for that bro dot...insha'Allah it will be useful for new muslims.

Jazakallah khair bro dot thats the best guide for all of us Thnx a lot with such things we all will lear lots

Assalamu alaikum

well as i am not a muslim i am a chrstain i am planing on to revert will be handy if i do to thank you ever so much

regards,

samantha

why won't the link work for me.

salam, i'm born a muslim, but i don't know how to pray. i'd really like to learn that if anyone of you wud like to help me i wud appreicate that :D

Assalamu Alaikum MiSsi, Check the link Br. dot provided in the first post above. InshaAllah that should help you. Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

why won't the link work for me.

Double that. Dot, the video is not working. It's like a continuous loading process. Any suggestions, in shaa Allaah.

I as well been born a muslim but i don't now how to pray. I did memorized all that was said at islamway but it does not say the end of it (which is the part when you are on your nees. Is there some sort of audio player so i can listen it on and memorize it like that? I want to put it on my mp3 so if you can find a none vidio salah that will be helpfull.

do you have to say the prayers in arab? or can you say it in english

Assalamu Alaikum Br. Moises, the Formal Prayer/Salat has to be said in Arabic, The Duaa/Suplications can be said in any language. Assalamu alaikum, umAhmad.

Alhamdulilah

Salam.

That's great & so helpful.

Thank you so much for posting!

I just attempted my first prayer by myself, Isha. I am not sure I got it right though.... :sl:

I know I got the motions right because I have been going to the Masjid everyday since my Shahada to try and learn. But the recitation is still a bit hard for me.

I just attempted my first prayer by myself, Isha. I am not sure I got it right though.... :sl:

I know I got the motions right because I have been going to the Masjid everyday since my Shahada to try and learn. But the recitation is still a bit hard for me.

:sl:

For recitation you could try this method:

Go here, (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmemorize-quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetmemorize-quran(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url] read the basic instructions there & download the mp3 of a few basic chapters: Chapter1 & Chapter 95++

What these brothers did was to break up the chapter into a few segments of perhaps 2 to 4 verses each. You can listen to each segment over and over until you can recite it with confidence..

-Whenever you have time, go to the Masjid and get the brothers there to listen to what you have learnt and ask them to correct your pronunciation etc..

-There is also a small flash program downloadable from download section here on how to pronounce arabic letters..learn that as well as that will make learning easier (listening and reading)

Hope this helps..

do you have to say the prayers in arab? or can you say it in english

I would like to 'second' this question, albeit more generally:

Why do you need to say your prayers in Arabic? I did read that in the early days of Islaam people were allowed to pray in Persian.

Also, in Islaam I suppose you ask God for help generally, outside of official prayer times. Can this be in your native tongue too?

Probably silly question: does Allaah accept prayers in Arabic better than in other languages, or does he look into the heart of the one praying?

Richard

Salamu Aleikom:

The Five Ritual prayers(Salat) must be in arabic, Since the Quran is Arabic , you can't use a translation.

But You can do dua during the Salat in your own tongue.

Duaa(supplications) Can be in any language.

The words you say During The salat are not too complicated, it is better to say them in arabic because some of them have a long meaning that cannot be translated easily in any language

I ll try to translate some of the Key Words

ALLAHU AKBAR : GOD IS THE GREATES

Subhana Rabia Al 'Azim : Exalted (be and far is He from any low qualites) my Lord The The Magnificent

Subhana Rabia Al 'Ala : Exalted (be and far is He from any low qualites) my Lord The Most-High

Sami'aa Allahu Liman hamidah : Allah Hears To Those who Praise Him

Rabbana Wa Laka Al Hamd : Our Lord To You Be All Praise

I suggest That U start to Memorize these.

curiuos... when is d'ua made during salah? (like at what point?)

also, what is said before as salaam alaiykum wa ramatullah (bear with my transliteration please) to the right and then the left.

I know in the second rakkah one should say the tashahud (I hope I am spelling that right) but is the tashahud supposed to be said in the fourth rakkah after the second prostration?

curiuos... when is d'ua made during salah? (like at what point?)

also, what is said before as salaam alaiykum wa ramatullah (bear with my transliteration please) to the right and then the left.

I know in the second rakkah one should say the tashahud (I hope I am spelling that right) but is the tashahud supposed to be said in the fourth rakkah after the second prostration?

anyone? hello?