Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
al-gharib

Some Issueswith The Topic Who This Forum Is Not For!

follow only and exclusively the understanding of Islam brought to us by the sahaba and the scholars of the salaf.

and that growing a beard is obigatory for all men.

we as muslims whould only follow the quran sunnah and the salaf. now what is wrong with that.

the prophet said in his last sermon. you will never go astray if you follow the quran and my sunnah.

also he mentioned that the best generations are the 1st 3. (the salaf).

so we have to follow them exclusivley.

im not sure what you mean by that

to shave the beard you need dalil. if you can provide some then im ok with it.

the hadeeth says trim your mustach and keep your neard.

also we as muslim should do dwah comand the good forbid the evil like the prophet did.

Allah is the one that guides not you or me.

no use showing false Islam to the non muslims. you need to show them everyhting

Allah saysi nthe quran. you may like something but is bad for you. you may not like somehting but is good for you.

weare here to please Allah only not the non muslims or any1 else.

PropellerAds
follow only and exclusively the understanding of Islam brought to us by the sahaba and the scholars of the salaf.

and that growing a beard is obigatory for all men.

we as muslims whould only follow the quran sunnah and the salaf. now what is wrong with that.

the prophet said in his last sermon. you will never go astray if you follow the quran and my sunnah.

also he mentioned that the best generations are the 1st 3. (the salaf).

so we have to follow them exclusivley.

im not sure what you mean by that

to shave the beard you need dalil. if you can provide some then im ok with it.

the hadeeth says trim your mustach and keep your neard.

also we as muslim should do dwah comand the good forbid the evil like the prophet did.

Allah is the one that guides not you or me.

no use showing false Islam to the non muslims. you need to show them everyhting

Allah saysi nthe quran. you may like something but is bad for you. you may not like somehting but is good for you.

weare here to please Allah only not the non muslims or any1 else.

:D

ver well said brother.

yeah i too have this problem people say it is alright to cut ur beard in the west as it is dangerous ver here, and in Islam safety first??!!?? you know. And then they say show me where it is said that beard is not a Fard???? the hadith they say says that he did not say if you dont its a sin. he just said do it. and the rest like it.

the other thing you said about showing Islam as it is and not a customized version of it, people say that you should try to show the friendly side of it and the rest. Cause Allah says that we have to do da'wah in the ways that are best.

w/salaam

Quite shocked at that Statement, He mentions that people who follow the Salaf (Pious Predecessors) are not welcome here, What shall we do with the Hadith from Bukhari that says "The best of people/mankind is my generation, then those that follow them, then those that follow them" ?? Shall we just scrap it?

And the beard, Shaving the beard is haraam because of the saheeh ahaadeeth that clearly state this, and because of the general application of texts that forbid resembling the kuffaar. One of these reports is the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar who said that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Be different from the mushrikeen: let your beards grow and trim your moustaches.†According to another report: “Trim your moustaches and let your beards grow.†There are other hadeeth which convey the same meaning, which is to leave the beard as it is and let it grow long, without shaving, plucking or cutting any part of it. Ibn Hazm reported that there was scholarly consensus that it is an obligation (fard) to trim the moustache and let the beard grow. He quoted a number of ahaadeeth as evidence, including the hadeeth of Ibn ‘Umar (may Allaah be pleased with him) quoted above, and the hadeeth of Zayd ibn Arqam in which the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever does not remove any of his moustache is not one of us.†(Classed as saheeh by al-Tirmidhi). Ibn Hazm said in al-Furoo’: “This is the way of our colleagues [i.e., the Hanbalis].â€

Sura Al Tawba, V100 “And the first to embrace Islaam of the Muhajiroun (those who migrated from Makkah to Al-Madinah) and the Ansar (the citizens of Al-Madinah who helped and gave aid to the Muhajiroun) and also those who followed them exactly (in Faith). Allaah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever"

“Indeed the people of the Book before you split into seventy-two sects. And this nation will split into seventy-three sects; seventy-two are in the Fire and one in Paradise.” And in another narration, “All are in the Fire except one.” It was asked: “Who is that one?” He replied, “That which I and my Companions are upon.” (at-Tirmidhi & al-Hakim)

Music ? Al-Bukhaari narrated that Abu Maalik al-Ash’ari (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “There will be people among my ummah who will make permissible zina, silk, alcohol and musical instruments.”

Animated Drawing etc ? The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The most severely punished of the people on the Day of Resurrection will be the image-makers.” Narrated by al-Bukhaari (5950) and Muslim (2109).

Ya Akhwaan You missed the whole point of the Brothers post .

to make it short and sweet each an every1 of us can follow the Quran and sunnah and the salaf and the manhaj he/she chooses to be closest to his/her heart but dont try forcing it on other people the hard way .

Nowadays In performing Dawah to people You have to spoon feed them like babies and not force the dawah down their throats .

Calling on to the path of Allah SWT through wisdom and good advice is the way dear brothers and sisters and the brother has told you that the main objective is non muslims , and there is no way to get things over to non muslim if you want to start with the harsh heartedness first .

Everyone claims to follow the salaf and seem so sure of themselves that they do and are on the right track , did they ever make sure of what they are following ? did they ever hear OF saydina Umar binal Khatab ÑÖí Çááå Úäå who was one of the ten blessed with the Jannah going to sayidina Huthaifah Ibnla YamanÑÖí Çááå Úäå and asking him if he Umar Was one of the Munaafiqs ?

Allahul musta'aan .

I reserve my comments until brother dot replies to a PM I have sent him. I believe something has gone terribly wrong here and needs to be resolved.

Wassalam

Akhi Al Faqeer, your post is totaly irrelevant to what dot is saying

I guess thats the easiest way out of avoiding what I said eh Akhi Al Farooq .

Dont compromise your own beliefs but dont impose it on others :D .

So easy

Dont compromise your own beliefs but dont impose it on others :D .

i know exaclty where your coming from, thx :D

I ended the previous statement with :

Everyone claims to follow the salaf and seem so sure of themselves that they do and are on the right track , did they ever make sure of what they are following ? did they ever hear OF saydina Umar binal Khatab رضي الله عنه who was one of the ten blessed with the Jannah going to sayidina Huthaifah Ibnla Yamanرضي الله عنه and asking him if he Umar Was one of the Munaafiqs ?

So people can claim all they like akhi , they need to cry night and day in prayer that they are rightly guided and follow the salaf instead of trying to prove it on message boards .

Allahul musta'aan .

did they ever make sure of what they are following

I am Allhamdolillah, are you quite sure on what you are following?

No and aÚuthubillah I will never be secure from the devising of Allah non is secure from the devising of Allah SWT but a loosing nation :D .

As-salaamu ‘alaikum

I have some concerns regarding the original thread, but for now lets see how the thread develops first, maybe some good will come out of it inshaa'Allaah, for now though... I agree in that we should:

“Invite (mankind, O Muhammad) to the Way of your Lord (i.e. Islaam) with wisdom (i.e. with the Divine Inspiration and the Qur'aan) and fair preaching, and argue with them in a way that is better. Truly, your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Path, and He is the Best Aware of those who are guided.†(An-Nahl 16:125)

It would be worth reading 'The Methodology of the Prophets in Calling to Allaah: That is the Way of Wisdom & Intelligence' in relation to this aayah, but since it seems that one can not post links in this section of the forum then feel free to pm me and I will send you the links inshaa'Allaah. I have the book in Arabic and in English.

May Allaah grant us all Fiqh ad-Deen and make us of those who only speak upon knowledge!

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

The link for the English version is (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.al-meezaan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ebooks/methodology_prophets_calling_tallaah.pdf"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.al-meezaan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/ebooks/methodolo...g_to_allaah.pdf[/url]

Wassalam

Brothers and sisters

• IF is not Islam. Islam is the Quran and sunnah, and so we do not have any authority to tell you what to follow or what not. The topic you mentioned is not about that at all.
  • This forum has no capability to make dawa for Muslims. This requires in-house scholars, whereas all we are is a team of humble Muslims trying to make dawa for non-Muslims, where all it takes is some knowledge of the basics. Handling advanced issues, with these limitations, is not right.
  • Hard-line and fanatic Muslims are in no way any help to this community. The aim of the topic you mentioned is to try to make hard-liners leave the forum by chioce. There are zillions of fanatic forums out there, where they can work out their diferences 24/7
  • When this forum is fanatic-free, we can then see again less debates between Muslims, and instead give more attention to welcoming non-Muslims, our main target, and answering their quetions.
  • Moderate Muslims are the real assets of thic community for doing successful dawa. My definition of them, for the sake of this issue in hand, is those who follow only the Quran and sunnah, and who know well that the understanding of the sahaba and salaf is in no way sacred scripures, and that following modern age moderate scholars doen't make you a kafir.
  • We still welcome hard-liners to stay, if they so choose. But they will not feel free to continue their endless debates. They insha'Allah will be required to show some activity outside their usual debate arenas.

We do not want non-Muslims coming here to find us shouting and quarreling over minor issues. This is not a healthy environment to make them interested in Islam. :D

Well dot, I think you are misleading the "non-muslims" if you go in such the way. Oh no, lets just make the religion easier and take things away that are obligatory so they'll just embrace the religion.

Others have tried this too you know, conceding their religion to attain converts, you know what it gets? Failure (if you inform them of the other things afterwards, "this isn't as easy as I thought it would be!') or innovations, people picking and choosing, ending up not really being Muslims at all.

And I find dot, that you seem to like name calling, Stupid Palestinian, fanatic hardliners, might as well use "Fundamentalists" as well right?

Edited by Sallahudeen

What exactly is a Moderate Muslim? Il tell you, thos who compromise the Religion of Allah Azawajjal are Moderate. And i agree with brother Salahuddin, you shoud stop the name calling.

“Islam began as something strange and will revert to being strange as it began, so give glad tidings to the strangers.”

Well I Will tell you who is not a moderate muslim , Ppl claiming to be rightly guided and that they follow the salaf and that they are strangers ( claiming ) and sure of them selves astaghfirullah .

:D brother!

Your intentions are pure, but, I believe the line you have taken is hitting at the wrong people. If you remember, I wroteto you some time back to completely do away with the Advanced Islamic Discussion section, as that is where most heat is. That is where issues are raised and argued, that is the root cause of discussions on bidah and weak aqeedah.

As regards the points you have raised in the above post, I shall try to deal with them one by one so that the understanding is clear.

[*]IF is not Islam. Islam is the Quran and sunnah, and so we do not have any authority to tell you what to follow or what not. The topic you mentioned is not about that at all.

True, IF is not Islam, but it is a window to Islam that you have opened. Each one of us is an ambassador for Islam, in our daily life, and as members of this Forum. It is how we practice Islam, and project it that will matter to the non-practicing Muslims, and the new and non Mulsims. What we present has to be in accordance with Qur'an and Sunnah. If the daleel is there, the point has to be made, whether the others agree or not.

[*]This forum has no capability to make dawa for Muslims. This requires in-house scholars, whereas all we are is a team of humble Muslims trying to make dawa for non-Muslims, where all it takes is some knowledge of the basics. Handling advanced issues, with these limitations, is not right.

Each one of us is a daaee. We have to do da'awah to the best of our ability. Hence, it is not correct to put the responsibility on scholars. :D there have been reversions on this Forum. These members have learnt most of the basics here and then taken the step. If we had not done what we have done, I believe some of them may still be groping in the dark.

[*]Hard-line and fanatic Muslims are in no way any help to this community. The aim of the topic you mentioned is to try to make hard-liners leave the forum by chioce. There are zillions of fanatic forums out there, where they can work out their diferences 24/7

I do not find anybody on this Forum coming under thyat definition. And, by the way, if somebody knows and believes in a ruling from the Qur'an and Sunnah, does he/she become a hard-liner or a fanatic? He will present his daleel, and, if he/she is wrong, others will present theirs. It is then up to the readers to choose. This is democracy and the right to be heard.

[*]When this forum is fanatic-free, we can then see again less debates between Muslims, and instead give more attention to welcoming non-Muslims, our main target, and answering their quetions.

The word fanatic needs to be understood in light of what I have said above.

[*]Moderate Muslims are the real assets of thic community for doing successful dawa. My definition of them, for the sake of this issue in hand, is those who follow only the Quran and sunnah, and who know well that the understanding of the sahaba and salaf is in no way sacred scripures, and that following modern age moderate scholars doen't make you a kafir.

Again, the term 'moderate muslim' needs definition, as Islam is a moderate religion. We cannot make it more moderate. The understanding of the khulafa, the sahaba, and the Imams is definitely not sacred, but, it is the besst understanding one can get. Even Rasool Allah :D had mentioned some of his sahaba for reference if a clarification was required. Abdullah Ibn Masood is an example, as he had gained so much knowledge by staying with Rasool Allah :D that his behviour was closest to him.

[*]We still welcome hard-liners to stay, if they so choose. But they will not feel free to continue their endless debates. They insha'Allah will be required to show some activity outside their usual debate arenas.

We do not want non-Muslims coming here to find us shouting and quarreling over minor issues. This is not a healthy environment to make them interested in Islam. :D

We have had discussion on two of the six items you have listed in the topic under discussion. I believe they are sufficiently evidenced, so I follow them. You believe they are not, so you are free to not follow them. If somebody asks a direct question, I give an answer that gives both sides, usually. Tell me whether I have erred in my statements.

In two more, I disagree. That makess 4 out of 6. Does that classify me as a fanatic and a hard-liner?

Brother, these are difficult times. We need people to stand up for Islam and whta is right, in the world and in this forum. The slogan of Moderation will only harm Muslims. It cannot affect Islam, as Allah :D will protect His deen. But Muslims will suffer in the short and medium term. By asking people who stand for the Islamic principles to leave, you will make the Forum docile and weak. Think over it, and retract, as that will show strength.

Wassalam

Ah :D bro dot for reminding all of us what we aim here for! :D

This forum has always been about showing the beauty of Islam and how simple for the heart and mind to accept it and not be taking over by some others who believe they are spreading what they think is right.

:D !

Nowadays In performing Dawah to people You have to spoon feed them like babies and not force the dawah down their throats .

Calling on to the path of Allah SWT through wisdom and good advice is the way dear brothers and sisters and the brother has told you that the main objective is non muslims , and there is no way to get things over to non muslim if you want to start with the harsh heartedness first .

125 Call to the Path of your Lord with wisdom and fine admonition. Dispute with them in the best manner. Your Lord is well aware of those who have gone astray from His Path and He is well aware of those who are guided

159 It was by that Mercy of Allah that you (Prophet Muhammad) dealt so leniently with them. Had you been harsh and hard-hearted, they would have surely deserted you. Therefore, pardon them and ask forgiveness for them. Take counsel with them in the matter and when you are resolved, put your trust in Allah. Allah loves those who trust. 160

Inshallah We will live up to Our name as the Moderate Ummah akhi dot , and the shidda in the dawa will be dealt with , but obviously it will take some time .

Shukran

Well I Will tell you who is not a moderate muslim , Ppl claiming to be rightly guided and that they follow the salaf and that they are strangers ( claiming ) and sure of them selves astaghfirullah .

I asked you if you scroll up and see, are you sure you know what you are following ? and you said No you dont !! and further more is calling on dead people part of being moderate ? which obviously you belive in