Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
al-gharib

Some Issueswith The Topic Who This Forum Is Not For!

:D

Jazakallah khair inta akhi dot for keeping this forum a moderate Islamic forum

and inshallah it will remain that way always bi ithnillah .

its also good this topic was started so we know now who are with us and who are not .

Shukran

PropellerAds

hm...did this all start because of the original "info guy" topic? if so, im sorry.

However this all reminds me of the story about "What Color Was The Dog?" in Surah Kahf.

Take a read. (scroll 3rd's down the page)

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/groups/default.asp"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamtomorrow(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/groups/default.asp[/url]

darla_1753

i hope i didnt offend you with my last post. i was thinking that as we were getting off topic, and there was a heavyweight disscussion going on we should move to another thread. i wasnt trying to make you leave the topic.

hope this clears it up.

Salaam,

I can assure you Zukiful, it takes a great deal to offend me as I tend to take things lightly :D. You need not worry on that score in the slightest.

I will set up the topic in non-Muslim Q&A shortly (I should spend some time today studying first!) and we can continue our discussion there- I will probably change you suggested title however as the second question in your suggested title implies the truth of the first :D

Peace, Love and Debate!

DARLA

its also good this topic was started so we know now who are with us and who are not .

You sound like Bush :D

Ok so your saying that if no one follows the way you think, i.e. Moderate.i.e. Watered down version of Islam, even though we face the same Qiblah and bow down to the same God, we are not with you i.e. not Muslims ??

I feel honored that some of the best heavyweight members joined this discussion.

Brother aburafay, you were not in my mind at all when I made that topic. I say that because I notice you take a defencive side, where actually its me who should always be humbled compared to your knowledge masha'Allah. And actually, you, and the prestigous brother aboo uthman, are 2 perfect examples of how you can be a salafi and moderate in the same time, allowing others to differ, and trying always to give both sides of rulings on different issue. You put balance back to this community, which gets shaken usually by those who never stop dragging us to their useless debates on minor issues.

Thanks dear darla for the useful input, and yes, your side of the table is very important to me, where I can learn a few to improve our community. Actually, I read your suggestion carefully. I was discussing the same issue the other day with the IF team, and we're in the process of adding a couple of new rules, and adjustment of a few forum settings and permissions, to put the balance back to the forum, in a way that better serves the interests of the non-Muslims who come here with a sincere intention to understand Islam in a nutshell (and thats what we should really get ourselves busy with in the first place), while still giving space to those who want to make a fight and stuff :D

:D brother!

:D I thought I was one of those in mind. :D Events in the last month or so, made me wonder as to the reason behind this topic from you. That is why I PMed you asking for the cause.

I believe the useless debates must stop as it leads nowhere. The same people, with the same sources, keep locking horns. The debates are about non-issues, like the one that is being raised in this chain about Hijrah, in which I have no desire to get involved in. These issues do not affect our performance of the deen, and are not of general application. From the statistics, you can probably see the brothers and sisters who prefer to get entangled in such debates and not help the community. These members should be your target.

Wassalam

Shukran

This was a very uncalled for remark, and deserves an apology, or an explanation.

I believe that this chain gave the brothers an opportunity to air their views on the topic raised by brother dot. It was helpfull in certain ways as members got an opportunity to openly discuss an important issue. All experiences should be taken positibvely so that we can improve where we are lacking.

Wassalam

:D I used to debate on posts like these, but not anymore. It would drive me crazy. We're muslims and we're sitting here talking about if you can make masah with cotton socks, or if all muslims in non-muslim countries should emigrate, or if Arabic clothes is mandatory blah, blah blah. It's a waste of emotional energy, and I'm sick of it. Yes, beard is wajib, I'm not disputing that at all, but nobody's perfect. If a brother tells me that and scolds me, am I going to follow him around all day "Oh, you didn't step into the masjid with your right foot, :D" "Oh, you looked at that girl twice, :D" "You're not eating with 3 fingers :D" We're not angels, and anyone who thinks they are should think again.

I don't mind debating politics, but when it gets to the point where you are challenging someone's Iman, you really should take a look in the mirror. And this is directed at everybody! I'm not singling anyone out.

Your BII,

Jibrael

Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem

InnAl-Hamdu lillaahi Rabbil-'Aalameen as-Salaatu was-Sallam ar-Rasoulullah ar’kareem.

As-salaamu ‘alaikum

There are several issues which have arisen, some I agree with and some I do not, but I will just comment on a few of them for now inshaa’Allaah

Dear Dot (& everyone else)

May I commend you on your intent for indeed it is a noble and worthy pursuit, and I say this to you as a person who has reverted to Islaam! If it were not for Allaah guiding me and then for Muslims giving da’wah to me I would not have become a Muslim and I would not be here now voicing my opinion! I strongly urge you to have a think about the status of some of the forums on IF though and to decide whether they serve as a benefit for the objective of the site or not, if they do not then get rid of them, since choosing to keep them will mean that people will post in them and differences will occur, debates will happen and the cycle will start all over again.

I want to say something which is very important and is very evident in many of the discussions that happen, and that is that most of us do not even know the basics of the Deen, but yet you want us to call to Allaah without knowing anything about Allaah, thus, falling into and/or promoting beliefs that are alien to Islaam, such as calling upon other than Him, and you have seen this for yourself and as a result you banned posts of this nature, but they still happen, if somewhat undercover or more subtle then before. And then we have Muslims falling into ta’teel, takyeef, tashbeeh, tamtheel and tafweedh with regards to Allaah’s Asma was-Sifaat and refuse to affirm them upon their dhaair meanings, so many of us are far from not only knowing the basics but also understanding it. So how can the one who has nothing give something, we are in need of knowledge too brother, knowledge of our Deen and knowledge of the aspect of it that we are calling to. Allaah (subhaanahu wa ta’aala) says in the Qur’aan:

"Say: 'This is my way, I call to Allaah upon Baseerah (clear evidence, sure knowledge), I and whoever follows me and free is Allaah from all imperfections and I am not of those who associate partners with Allaah'." (Yoosuf 12:108)

And:

“And verily, We have sent among every Ummah (community, nation) a Messenger (proclaiming): ‘Worship Allaah (Alone), and avoid (or keep away from) Taaghoot (all false deities, etc. i.e. do not worship Taaghoot besides Allaah)’.†(An-Nahl 16:36)

This aayah shows the call of every Messenger, and it is our starting point, but how can we make it our starting point when we do not know Allaah and we believe that we can give a portion of our worship to other than Him, like those who call upon dead people in graves do, and Allaah called such acts worship. Those who make du’aa to other than Allaah then say: “But we do not worship them…â€, but when we turn to the Book of Allaah we find:

“And those, whom you invoke or call upon instead of Him, own not even a Qitmir (the thin membrane over the date stone). If you invoke (or call upon) them, they hear not your call, and if (in case) they were to hear, they could not grant it (your request) to you. And on the Day of Resurrection, they will disown your worshipping them.†(35:13-14)

So not only does Allaah say that the dead cannot hear the living and the du’aa some Muslims unfortunately make to them, He also calls the act of calling on them, making du’aa to them and invoking them an act of worship, and to add extra emphasise the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Du’aa (invoking or calling upon) is worship.†(Sunan Aboo Daawood, Vol.1, P.387, No. 1474)

So we have Muslims on this forum promoting such beliefs and linking to websites that promote such beliefs, but yet you want them to call the non Muslims to Allaah, just exactly what will they be calling them to when they do not even understand this basic aspect of Tawheed?! Along with this we have many Muslims on this forum talking about Allaah and His Religion based on ignorance, so they say things like “I think†or “I feelâ€, and they say all of this based upon their ‘aql, but the ‘naql takes precedence. We as Muslims sometimes make the mistake on speaking about issues that in reality we do not really have knowledge of, to the point that if a person opposes the opinion we mentioned we will argue and debate with them just to prove our point even though we do not really know what we are talking about. In this regard we should fear Allaah, for He says:

“Say (O Muhammad): "(But) the things that my Lord has indeed forbidden are al-Fawaahish (great evil sins, every kind of unlawful sexual intercourse, etc.) whether committed openly or secretly, sins (of all kinds), unrighteous oppression, joining partners (in worship) with Allaah for which He has given no authority, and saying things about Allaah of which you have no knowledge." (7:33)

The portion I think we should all focus and reflect upon (as it relates to my post) is where Allaah says (when mentioning various types of sins): “...and saying things about Allaah of which you have no knowledge."

Allaah says:

“[shaytaan (Satan)] commands you only what is evil and Fahshaa (sinful), and that you should say against Allaah what you know not.†(2:169)

In ‘Madarij-us-Saalikeen’, Imaam ibn al-Qayyim mentions that speaking about Allaah without knowledge is the real source of Shirk and Kufr. And know, speaking about Allaah entails everything that follows on from that, i.e. speaking about His entire religion.

Allaah says:

“And mix not truth with falsehood, nor conceal the truth...†(2:42)

But many post much falsehood on IF, and when we see falsehood we should not conceal the truth, especially in issues that relate to the Usool, as for the furoo’ then there is some detail in this and now is not the time or place to go into that.

I have seen many of the discussions in the non Muslim forums turn into debates because people lack etiquettes in differing, and it does not help when you have one Muslim saying such and such to the non Muslim and another one saying the opposite. What I found before I became Muslims was that I did not like too many people coming at me at once, but if you look in the non Muslim forums you will see so many Muslims replying to one non Muslim. Many of the discussion with non Muslims on the forum are not really about the fundamentals our religion at all, but are emotional rants about the political situation around the world, with neither side wanting to give and with both sides wanting to win the argument, it is not about winning the argument, it is about conveying the truth, and it is Allaah who guides. I have seen the activities of other forums, and in particular ones which are targeted to non Muslim, they do not compromise on the truth buy yet have so many people on their forums revert, this is not a criticism of IF, but maybe we could all learn something from the manner in which they go about things. In fact, one very small Masjid in London which ascribes to the Salafi Manhaj had over 250 people revert in the last year alone, and I am telling you this to show that not all who ascribe to this Manhaj are harsh, for if they were their da’wah would not have been effective, but they did not compromise on the truth, and Allaah says:

“And by the Mercy of Allaah, you dealt with them gently. And had you been severe and harsh hearted, they would have broken away from about you…†(Aali Imran 3:159)

But it is a fallacy that only those who ascribe to the Salafi Manhaj are harsh, for harshness on this forum can be seen coming from all quarters, and it is not just harshness towards their brothers and sisters, but also harshness in their dealings with the non Muslims when they discuss various issues in the various forums with them.

What I have found most disturbing is the issues pertaining to the Sahaabah, and I will comment on this inshaa’Allaah, but when we say we follow the Salaf we should remember at the head of them is the Messenger of Allaah (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam). The proof to follow the understanding of the Sahaabah is replete in the Qur’aan and Sunnah, and if I were to quote it all then I would take up many pages, so I will cite just 2 proofs:

Allaah says:

“And the first to embrace Islaam of the Muhajiroun (those who migrated from Makkah to al-Madeenah) and the ‘Ansar (the citizens of al-Madeenah who helped and gave aid to the Muhajiroun) and also those who followed them exactly (in belief). Allaah is well-pleased with them as they are well-pleased with Him. He has prepared for them Gardens under which rivers flow (Paradise), to dwell therein forever. That is the supreme success.†(At-Tawbah 9:100)

So we see form this aayah that Allaah is pleased with the Sahaabah AND those who follow them EXACTLY in belief.

The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said:

“Indeed the people of the Book before you split into seventy-two sects. And this nation will split into seventy-three sects; seventy-two are in the Fire and one in Paradise.†And in another narration, “All are in the Fire except one.†It was asked: “Who is that one?†He replied: “That which I and my Companions are upon.†(At-Tirmidhee & al-Haakim)

In this hadeeth we see yet another proof for us to be upon that which the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) and his Sahaabah were upon. If we were to think about this for one moment who was the teacher of the Sahaabah? Who did they learn Islaam from? The Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam)! Who was it that was there when the revelation was being revealed? The Sahaabah! Who was it that transmitted this religion (the Qur’aan and Sunnah) from him (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) to us? The Sahaabah! So if the ones who conveyed our Deen to us are subject to criticism then surely that which they conveyed is also open to criticism. There is a great deal that needs to be expounded upon here, and there are endless proofs, but I hope that crux of what I am getting at can be understood inshaa’Allaah! And it is truth that we should follow the Qur'aan and Sunnah and that means following the Sahaabah too and understanding Islaam how they did since this is what we are told to do in the Qur'aan and in the Sunnah, walhamdulillaah!

When all is said and done we must realise that this is the internet, and when we sit behind screens submitting posts, it is all too easy to take what a person says the wrong way, in a way that he never meant, so please bear this in mind when you respond to people. Furthermore, many debates that happen are futile and a waste of time, but this is not as disturbing as the way in which many of us differ, this is the worrying bit, and this is what has helped to drive wedges between many of us. And all that I have said is general comments and observations, it is not directed at any one person and I apologise in advance is I have offended any one, and I hope that through all of this I have managed to practice when I have preached, and that I have not come across harsh. Now for the solution?!

It is Allaah who guides and upon us is to convey the message, may Allaah guide each and every one of us to that which He loves and is pleased with, amen! And please know that what I have expressed in this post is what I believe to be correct, I am not asking anyone to accept what I have said or agree with it, nor am I forcing anyone to, I am merely stating what I believe in relation to some of the issues that have recently arisen. All of us should look deep into our hearts and renew our sincerity and ask Allaah to guide us to the truth!

Subahanaka Allaahuma wa bihamdika ashadu a laa illa illah anta astagfirouka wa at-tabu ilaik.

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

:D Well said, brother Aboo, it pains me to see futile arguments that don't accomplish anything, but it's important when someone is making mistakes in tawheed (monotheism) to correct him.

One thing, though, you use a lot of Arabic words. Nothing wrong with that, but I think it would be more constructive to the non-Muslims (being a revert myself) to say certain words either in English or in both languages (this is excluding the names of Allah, of course)

In reference to strictly following the salaf, I'll have to take it on an issue by issue basis. For example, some opinions believe that Witr prayer is obligatory (Wajib). However, I don't agree, not because of personal opinion, but of the hadith of the Prophet (peace be upon him) when a man came to him and asked if he needs to perform any more than 5 salat, fast during Ramadan and 2.5% Zakat, to which the Prophet replied to his companion "If he is truthful, he will be successful." So this hadith is the evidence that I use in this matter. Am I wrong?

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Jazak'Allaahu khair dear brother

But the opinion you follow regarding witr is still an opinion from the Salaf, but I was talking specifically about the Sahaabah and not the Salaf in general, and although there were some differences in the Furoo’ (branches) there were never any differences in the Usool (foundations), their ‘Aqeedah (creed / belief) was one, it was not several. I am sorry about not putting some of the words in English although I usually try my best to when I have dialogue with non Muslims, and like you I am a revert too. I appreciate the advice and I ask Allaah to make me of those who accept advice!

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

Well dot, I think you are misleading the "non-muslims" if you go in such the way. Oh no, lets just make the religion easier and take things away that are obligatory so they'll just embrace the religion.

Others have tried this too you know, conceding their religion to attain converts, you know what it gets? Failure (if you inform them of the other things afterwards, "this isn't as easy as I thought it would be!') or innovations, people picking and choosing, ending up not really being Muslims at all.

And I find dot, that you seem to like name calling, Stupid Palestinian, fanatic hardliners, might as well use "Fundamentalists" as well right?

:D brother! I completely agree with you!

I feel things are hidden, not allowed to be dicussed, and changed so as not to scare away the kuffur. It seems that there are MANY times where people have be banned, even when they are saying the truth, because some people FEAR that since the kuffur dont understand, it will look bad against the muslimeen.

Excellent post my amu abu rafay:

sl.gif

My question avoided. Why is da'awah being used as a measure to warn members? Who has done negative da'awah?

What I have done in those two sections, with the help of my brothers and sisters, is to please Allah sw.gif. May be this could take me to Jannah.

As for AID section I only post when I see a problem with somebody's aqeedah.

This is off-topic, but needs to be responded. As regards it being a salafi site or not, this is just in the perception of those who feel challenged. If incorrect aqeedah is corrected with reference to the Qur'an and Sunnah, it does not matter what anybody thinks. It is our obligation to do amr bil ma'aroof nahee anil munkar. Any Muslim who feels that he has the knowledge to correct another Muslim is just doing his duty.

Wassalam

Allahu alam

im sure aboo_uthmaan has something to say. i just dont seem to be able to undestand him either. too many arabic words for me and others to follow. i guess he knows it but prefers to speak to others that understand him only.

i feel that this forum is for anyone interested in Islam. if the forum becomes insular, and available only to the well practiced believer a great opportunity will have been lost.

i have asked for aboo_uthmaans opinion on something i have written twice with no response. the only response i have from him (on a different subject) was yesterday claiming that;

I do not believe this kind of dialogue to be particularly helpful, and rather than it being a source to help non Muslims understand Islaam it is something which will drive them away, so in future it would be prudent to stick to the fundamental beliefs of our religion, and I say this as a former non Muslim.

i see this as a bit heavy handed. i have no idea why aboo feels he must treat me this way. if he feels that i add nothing and deserve nothing but rebuke, i will kindly find another more welcoming forum. where perhaps they encourage participation of new muslims like myself whom dont as yet have the knowledge of aboo_uthmaan.

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Dear brorther Zukiful

I am sorry, I did not know that you are a new Muslim, nor did I know that you were directing questions to me, so I am sorry if I have ignored you, it was not intentional so please excuse me. Just like you I am a new Muslim, I am a revert . I am not the forum though dear brother, I am merely someone who (like you) posts on here, so please do not make a judgement about this forum based on anything that I do or say.

I was not trying to rebuke you and what I said to you was not ill intended, it was merely advice, and this is because we cannot judge any religion by the actions of some of its claimants; rather we judge it by what it calls to and teahces, what you said regarding some Christians is no doubt true, but that does not mean that such things are condoned in Christianity, just as some Muslims do things which are bad, but this does not mean that Islaam condones or sanctions such acts. This is why I said that it would be better to talk about the fundamentals of our religions and not the actions of those who are claimants to them

I hope you understand inshaa’Allaah.

Jazak’Allaahu khair!

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

This was a very uncalled for remark, and deserves an apology, or an explanation.

I believe that this chain gave the brothers an opportunity to air their views on the topic raised by brother dot. It was helpfull in certain ways as members got an opportunity to openly discuss an important issue. All experiences should be taken positibvely so that we can improve where we are lacking.

Wassalam

No explination needed brother it means what it says , Its not addressed to you dont involve your self .

as per brother dots post

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=24694&view=findpost&p=232070"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showto...ndpost&p=232070[/url]

We know now who the culprits are .

Whats Ironic though is ppl asking for dalleels but when you give them the daleels they say they dont have time for worthless debates .

Shukran

thank you for the kind response brother aboo_uthmaan.

i, as many no doubt, see you as a person with a good founding of the beliefs of Islam. you write well on subjects that are perhaps complicated and deal in facts. i believe you have a great opportunity to present argument, on the same level you do now, in a more understandable format so that the many people whom recognise your talent or education may further understand Islam and your interpretations, knowledge and opinion.

if you could add the english meaning (only once where relevant) of an arabic word, im sure that many of us would benefit greatly.

i understand it is not you whom is the forum. it is us all. together we can take the discussions a certain way. you have much to offer the discussion. you have the knowledge of Islam some here are seeking. i will be a happy man when i can explain Islam the way you can.

I was not trying to rebuke you and what I said to you was not ill intended, it was merely advice, and this is because we cannot judge any religion by the actions of some of its claimants; rather we judge it by what it calls to and teahces, what you said regarding some Christians is no doubt true, but that does not mean that such things are condoned in Christianity, just as some Muslims do things which are bad, but this does not mean that Islaam condones or sanctions such acts. This is why I said that it would be better to talk about the fundamentals of our religions and not the actions of those who are claimants to them

Salaam Alaikum,

Hear, hear! I couldn't agree more, Aboo.

Our good examples are the best arguement for our faith.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

As-salam alaikum

I feel things are hidden, not allowed to be dicussed, and changed so as not to scare away the kuffar.

--Mujahada

Perhaps what you intended to say was, 'scare away the non-Muslims'. A Kafir is someone who knows the truth of Islam, but rejects it.

Allah knows well all that is in (men's) hearts. (Qur'an 31: 23)

Surely, we do not know the hearts of all people, and should refrain from labeling all non-Muslims as Kufaar. Some of them are ignorant, and come here sincerely seeking the Truth.

(I'm not looking for a debate this time, Aboo. :D )

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Dear brother Zukiful

Thank you for your kind words, I am just happy that we understand each other and I look forward to coopearting with you in helping non Msulism to understand the beauty of Islaam inshaa'Allaah!

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

We second that Inshallah akhi aboo uthmaan and inshallah we will show them that we are the moderate ummah with no extremes .

Calling on to the path of Allah SWT through wisdom and good advice is the way :

125 Call to the Path of your Lord with wisdom and fine admonition. Dispute with them in the best manner. Your Lord is well aware of those who have gone astray from His Path and He is well aware of those who are guided

159 It was by that Mercy of Allah that you (Prophet Muhammad) dealt so leniently with them. Had you been harsh and hard-hearted, they would have surely deserted you. Therefore, pardon them and ask forgiveness for them. Take counsel with them in the matter and when you are resolved, put your trust in Allah. Allah loves those who trust. 160

Inshallah we also start showing people the truth to what the salaf really followed , especially those first first 500 years after the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æÓáã and who exactly started the confusion 600 years later .

Salaam Alaikum

Wa 'alaikum (and upon you)

Hear, hear! I couldn't agree more, Aboo.

Our good examples are the best arguement for our faith.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Dear Darla

Yes, we must be a good example, so I hope that you find this forum of benefit and as something which will aid you in your understanding of Islaam. If you have any questions then please do not hesitate to ask (but please post them in the relevant sections), as a former non Muslim myself I might just be able to relate in that I may understand where you are coming from on many issues.

Just out of interest, what type of Christian are you (i.e. catholic, born again, ect.)?!

Regards

Aboo Uthmaan

Salaam,

I'm a (liberal) Catholic.. tend to go down the route that if your religion's good for you and the world then that's good for me.

Were you also previously Christian? What convinced you Islam was right for you?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Wa 'alaikum

Dear Darla

Oh dear, you have opened the door to a big topic now, LOL! What convinced me, this is a long subject and my reversion was not something that happened over night, it took many years of looking into and studying Islaam. What I will do, since this is not the place to discuss the issue and it is a topic in and of itself is write about my reversion and I will post it on this forum inshaa'Allaah (God willing). I am not too sure exactly what I was before I became a Muslim, I went through many phazes as most teenage boys do growing up, but I was looking into Catholicism, and I would attend church and speak to the Priest and so on.

Regards

Aboo Uthmaan

:D Amu! Cant wait to read that :D ! :D