Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Citizen X

Tension!

:D

Due to the office environment, I've developed an annoying pain in my neck :D , towards the back of the neck. If I move a certain way sometimes, it just hurts. It feels like a muscle or something is being ripped, torn apart. :D

Also, while driving home from work in heavy traffic, sometimes I become tense. I can feel it in my shoulders and neck. I just need to relax, but it's hard. I try to just "let loose," but it doesn't quite work out. I'm not able to simply drop the tension.

PropellerAds

I do not have any remedy according to the teachings of Islam, but, i know for sure that the tension on the neck can be greatly reduced if you try to massage the upper part of your foot. I dont really know how to explain this, but i will try my best. If you press the upper part of your foot, you can feel the bones which is in line with your toes. In between the bones there are spaces. Massage with oil these spaces and you will almost immediately feel the tension lessen. :D I This is an accupuncture technique. Perhaps you can find from the net some pictures to help demonstrate what i mean. Good luck! Salaam

Ssiter Zabrina

Brother, Salaah and Dhikr was meant to be our FORM of Meditation, but despite that one must keep a calm state of mind, by practicing just TWO minutes of ABDOMINAL breathing where u are inhaling from the stomach so that ur enitre capacity of lungs are filled with purifying oxygen,

Or when ever u feel tensed try this beneficial breathing technique where u close on hole of ur nose with ur index finger and inhale from the other nostril, and when u have inhaled to the maximum capacity, remove the index finger from the previous nostril and place it on the one u used to inhale and block it, and exhale thru the previous blocked nostril, you will feel VERY CALM and see some tension being released, sorry if the description is very confusing, but u will get the drift after a few practices,

and in the office try to stretch a bit to loosen up ur joints, do you work out ?? I often find physical activity to by my stress remover even be it for like 15 minutes,

Stay healthy and be happy, dude its JUST WORK, we got bigger problems relating to life to fight this out like a TIGER not like a Hyena :D