Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
zukiful

What Can Islam Offer The West, And Its Converts

:D

i know little about my new religion. but i will learn. i feel the need to see its wisdom and its good. too much is written of Islam in anger, id like to learn of its peace. i have some questions.

(1) i am concerned about western society, as i live here, as many of you do.

(2) what does Islam teach that the west ignores?

(3) what are the things Islam can teach the west?

(4) what are the things that Islam offers western converts, so that they may be satisfied that it is a better way?

(5) what are the beautiful things about Islam that you all find?

PropellerAds

sorry. number (1) is no question at all.

I am also a revert to Islam and I am 16 years old so you may not get some of the "wiser" answers you may be seeking. About western society... quite frankly Islam and west "culture" (if you can call immorality culture) doesn't mix well. I find it easier to avoid things that are obviously haram (forbidden). Case in point, I don't speak to non-muslim women much at all. I also stay away from people who do too haram things (drink, smoke, or do drugs). Islam teaches a few things the west ignores. I'll just point out a very obvious thing, women don't cover up and men don't lower their gaze!

Islam can teach the west to become more modest. An Islam society would not have immoral television shows and movies. Cursing, and sexual content would be very limited. Women would not be seen as "sex items", but instead as just people. Also, it would teach the west to care about everyone around them, and worship God again.

A lot of westerners are SICK of our culture. In fact, thats one of the reasons I converted. I was sick of my American do anything culture. A lot of the reverts would be satisfied that they can now live both a pious and moral life with Islam.

The most beautiful thing about Islam for me is the qur'an itself. It makes me happy to read it, and it makes me happy to hear it recited.

:D brother!

i know little about my new religion. but i will learn. i feel the need to see its wisdom and its good. too much is written of Islam in anger, id like to learn of its peace. i have some questions.

(1) i am concerned about western society, as i live here, as many of you do.

(2) what does Islam teach that the west ignores?

(3) what are the things Islam can teach the west?

(4) what are the things that Islam offers western converts, so that they may be satisfied that it is a better way?

(5) what are the beautiful things about Islam that you all find?

Islam teaches devotion to Allah :D which the people in the west have strayed away from.

It teaches that life is a trial, from which those successfull will go to Heaven, and those who fail will go to Hell. The west has stopped believing in the Hereafter, which is a main item for belief, as Rasool Allah :D, in his first statement to the people in Makkah was Belief in Allah :D and in the Day of Judgement. They agreed to the first, but not the second. Thus, the people who do not believe in the Day of Judgement are not believing a very essential part of faith.

It teaches family values. The status of the parents, the children, spouses, neighbours, etc. Most of these relationships are absent in the west.

The reverts must associate with learned men and women in the area of residence, and should read the Qur'an, with meaning and tafsir to get knowledge. Devotion can only come when we recognise the purpose of our creation.

Wassalam

Very good topic br zukiful.

Islam could teach the west the importance of RESPECTING the parents and elders. I remember being taught back home that our teachers were the second parent and that we should respect them. I came to the UK and at school kids were disrespecting and even in some cases assualting the teachers. That was culture shock.

im beggining to notice that it is about 'people' that may be the difference with the west. in the west it is about 'posetions'.

also the moral theme is pronounced. brother leechingrabbit, i congratulate you. for one so young, you are very wise. your early understanding of the threats of western degredation, and your strength to turn from it is commendable. you have pointed out some of the moral threats to us all.

every day in western society we are swamped by the immoral , harum, and the degrading. even just the gluttonous food tv adds, the sex selling eveything, smut in tv shows. one of my pet hates is parents dressing their young girls like little adult tarts. with makeup and all!! what hope have these kids got?

alcohol is the biggest moral killer in our society. our jails, womens refuges, mental institutions etc are full of alcohol discards and refuse.

poker machines are taking money from the people whom most cant afford it.

neibours often dont associate. to do so invites farmiliarity. there is too much jelousy in an society that worships possetions.

to me, Islam is about people, how to be a better person, how to be respectful, how to live in harmony, and a path to god.

please all keep talking.