Islamic Forum
Liv eachday as tho it is ur lst!

As Level Politics & Government...

Salam,

i seriously need loads of help. i havent done one single assignment for this As level ! i find it inetersting but its hard at the same time! Plz if u study this or u kno anyone that studies this then let me kno... i am in it BIG TIME!

ws :D

PropellerAds

Asalam alaikum sister

i am doing A2 on Sociology- it involves politics and government

wasalams

Salaam,

I studied it a few years ago and I do some politics modules today with my degree. How can I help you?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salaam,

I studied it a few years ago and I do some politics modules today with my degree. How can I help you?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

salam

what uni do you attend sister darla? I want to get into Law or Social Policy this september. since you're doing a politics module, what does it involve? and can u become a teacher when you've completed your degree.

peace out.

salam,

sis leah and sis darla,

I have been studying these two as levels, and i find it v.hard! esp the assignments! i guess what im asking from you is that i'd like help on my first assignments!!!

BTW it feels good having someone taking notice of my post! jazakillah

ws

asalam alaikum

it's ok sister :D i'll try my best to get round to every post of yours and contribute!

ok, what's the first assignment you need help on? the title of it? what is it based on?

wasalams

sorry i wont be back until later... ive really gota go... but inshaAllah i'll have my questions ready for u! :D! lol... thanx soo much sis... ws

asalam alaikum

hey it's cool sister, take your time and get back to me whenever ur free inshallah!

and don't say thanks- anytime for u sis!

:D

wasalams

Salaam,

I go to Manchester Uni. My degree doesn't lead directly onto a teaching status, but it would be eligible for the PGCE as it's mostly history. The module I did at uni was concerned with the history of political thought in europe, starting with Hobbes we worked out way through Locke, Wollstonecraft, Mill, marx and others.

If my memory serves me correctly, that is more relavent to a2 level. Is your AS mainly on the governance of Britain? for example, discussion on the sources of the British constitution?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Man i took politics this year. My teacher was SOOOO right-wing i literally dropped it and i only do 3 As's this year. (the only other choice i had was music...:S)

Salaam,

I go to Manchester Uni. My degree doesn't lead directly onto a teaching status, but it would be eligible for the PGCE as it's mostly history. The module I did at uni was concerned with the history of political thought in europe, starting with Hobbes we worked out way through Locke, Wollstonecraft, Mill, marx and others.

If my memory serves me correctly, that is more relavent to a2 level. Is your AS mainly on the governance of Britain? for example, discussion on the sources of the British constitution?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salam sister Darla

oh wow your degree sounds interestin! Yeah i am studying Marxism for the A2 year! It's really interesting, but i don't like Marx, i prefer Functionalists!

Oh and for anyone who's taking exams this year ALL THE BEST. INSHALLAH U PASS WITH FLYING COLOURS!

wasalams

Salaam,

Marx is a load of £$%^&*!

I guess, for me, JS Mill's harm principle is one of the most important ideas in political theory....

...I think I'm creating my own ideology though which simply says 'Darla is right'...benevolent dictatorship with me in charge, definately the way to go :D

A2 you've got to start thinking about things a bit more, to be honest AS is just parrot fashion rote learning... I know Muslims are meant to know bits of the Quran by heart so your brains are probably more in tune with that than mine was!

I love my degree, I'd recommend it to anyone...it's great fun!

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salam

i agree with you, Marx is a load of crap! I don't like it's belief, especially towards Education!

So we have a new ideology- the Darla Theory! Would be good for the text books! i can do with listening to other theories apart from functionalism, postmodernism, feminism blah blah blah!

Your degree sounds good but i already applied for Law! :D

It's true- during AS all i had to do was stick the info in my head through revision, which was quite easy because i memorised Quran verses etc so memorising other stuff would be a peice of cake for me! But in A2, you got to show a broader understanding and extend your points etc! that's why i stay stressed most of the time.. but stress isn't the answer!

peace out... :D :D

Salaam,

Darlaism: (noun) the best ideology in the world. Created by darla with the basis of 'I'm right'. Key tenet, be nice and learn about the world around you.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salaam,

Darlaism: (noun) the best ideology in the world. Created by darla with the basis of 'I'm right'. Key tenet, be nice and learn about the world around you.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salam

:D :D :D that sounds good sis! :D atleast we will be learning something we can all reflect on rather than what Marx relfects on!

wasalams

salam

I know its been a few days since i PROMISED id be back... but u know how it is wen u get on the net... its hard to get up and get those irritating books and files which contain my college work!

A level SOciology - Assignement one

(a) explain what is meant by 'Roles within the Family are bilogically determined' (2 marks)

(B) Give two examples of types of marital breakdown, in addition to divorce , in the 1950's. (4 marks)

© Suggest three reasons why single-parent families have significantly increased in number in the last 30 yrs? (6 marks)

(d) Identify and explain two alleged symptoms of family decline according to right-wing commentators. (8 marks)

There are two more ... 20 nmarks each BUT i'll leave it at that... jazakallah.

Sister i really dont think we should do the work for you. I happen to do AS level Sociology, i find it extrememly irritating, total waste of time, the theories are boring and jus frankly more boring. But interesting i guess, we done family and health.

I advise you to look through your notes, must be something there. I know some of the stuff your asking, but by posting it, its like am doing your work for you. Go to your text book, they usually have ervything. Go to your teacher, he/she should know. If you pay attention in the lesson and take notes, insha'Allah youll be fine.

That looks like a whole exam paper you typed. Please do as i suggested. I done the topic of family, too much to learn, i have the note.s If your still stuck i can indicate some stuff.

No offence intneded, but AS are hard, hence their name, just got to get used to it insha'Allah.

Sis leah, what on earth were u thinking? Takin Socio for A2, crazy! I am itching to drop it, its too much work, argugin and the theories are stupid. No offence intended to you either sister, but am beginning to hate socio.

WS

thing is i study at home, i havent done one assignment... and im in trouble, if i could have a kickstart on this first one then inshalAllah it will encourage me to go ahead with all the others! (i'd like to add that i havent studied for 3 yrs since i was concenrating on my Islamic theology course and it demanded my 100% concentration! sorry... . No pressure to anyone.. sis sia i know what your saying is corect... but i am merely asking for help...!

thing is i study at home,

^Your topic title indicates you want help on Politics & Goverment but your questions are on Sociology, what is that you are studying?

Sister regardless of whether you study from home or at an academy you should be in touch with a tutor who can guide you.

Otherwise the internet has a wealth of information and to start you off

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.wwnorton(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/giddens4/welcome.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.wwnorton(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/giddens4/welcome.htm[/url]