Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Um_Abd

France Enters Muslim Cartoon Row

Guest amani

A French newspaper has reproduced a set of Danish caricatures depicting the Prophet Muhammad that have caused outrage in the Muslim world.

France Soir said it had published the cartoons to show that "religious dogma" had no place in a secular society.

Their publication in Denmark has led to protests in several Arab nations.

Responding to France Soir's move, the French government said it supported press freedom - but added that beliefs and religions must be respected.

Islamic tradition bans depictions of the Prophet Muhammad or Allah.

Under the headline "Yes, we have the right to caricature God", France Soir ran a front page cartoon of Buddhist, Jewish, Muslim and Christian gods floating on a cloud.

It shows the Christian deity saying: "Don't complain, Muhammad, we've all been caricatured here."

The full set of Danish drawings, some of which depict the Prophet Muhammad as a terrorist, were printed on the inside pages.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4669360.stm"]and more[/url]

The Prophet is closer to the Believers than their own selves [33:6]

they will pay...

PropellerAds

:D/Peace To All

Well, Chirac's comments about nuking other nation's didn't illicit enough Muslim outrage,

So they want to give it another shot...

:D, they love to be controversial...

I wonder if a Muslim paper published caricatures of Jesus (PBUH) or Mary (RA) in the same manner as the Danes and French have done, don't you think that there would have been a Tsunami of rage?

There's nothing like good old fashioned double standards :D

*shrugs* If you don't like what they did, consider them fools, nothing more. There's no need to start a riot.

Well, Chirac's comments about nuking other nation's didn't illicit enough Muslim outrage,

So they want to give it another shot...

:D, they love to be controversial...

I wonder if a Muslim paper published caricatures of Jesus (PBUH) or Mary (RA) in the same manner as the Danes and French have done, don't you think that there would have been a Tsunami of rage?

There's nothing like good old fashioned double standards :D

I don't believe there would have been the same level of outrage. You'd have a few kooks who get really upset, like Pat Robertson. But most would blow it off. I think they would consider Jesus above insult.

I don't believe there would have been the same level of outrage. You'd have a few kooks who get really upset, like Pat Robertson. But most would blow it off. I think they would consider Jesus above insult.

:D

that is because no one really cares... we love our Prophet more then any other person! if someone says anything to my mother or father i will do what not! So what do you think would the muslims, who love him pbuh more then themselves, could not go to great lengths to show thier anger! it would varry from person to person.

w/salaam

Is that idolatry? You say you love Mohammed more than any other person. So you're setting him up higher than a normal human. Is he a demi-god to you? Like Mary for Catholics?

Edit: I guess that would be polytheism, not idolatry. My mistake.

Is that idolatry? You say you love Mohammed more than any other person. So you're setting him up higher than a normal human. Is he a demi-god to you? Like Mary for Catholics?

muhammad (saw) is the best of all creation.

Is that idolatry? You say you love Mohammed more than any other person.

The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) isn't worshiped at all,

But He is deeply loved, cherished and highly respected...

I Just read that the German "Welt Daily" has also Joined France in re-printing the caricatures of The Prophet Mohammed (PBUH)...

This is a deliberate attempt to disrespect and provoke Muslims, nothing accidental about it :D

Salaam,

or it's a response to what they feel is the overreaction of Muslims....

Peace and Love,

DARLA

....plus Middle East will find it difficult to boycott Germany AND France AND Denmark for too long....

DARLA

There is a difference between love and worship. We worship Allah(swt) and follow the footstep of Mohammed(pbuh).

He is best of all creation!

Yes, we love him more than our parents and kids.

All this wouldn't be happening if Muslims didn't overreact. You can't control the thoughts and actions of every person on the planet.

All this wouldn't be happening if Muslims didn't overreact. You can't control the thoughts and actions of every person on the planet.

Don't you think there is a difference between "freedome of speach" and "freedome of abuse" ?

When Iraq say something abt jews or their belive whole world will responce including UN? Don't you think they should just ignor them as well?

I Just read that Saudi Arabia has threatened to bycott Danishg products,

subsequently, the EU issued it's own threat of retaliating against Saudi Arabia at the World Trade Organization...

So, we in the West can impose boycotts, embargo's and sanctions against Islamic Nation's and/or Nation's of the Third World, but they better not apply the same tactics against us. Just lovely...

This is a prime example of who truly hates whom & which side is constantly under attack and besieged...

If it was an Iraqi newspaper, ya. The world should ignore them, too. If the government of Denmark had created and published these cartoons, you'd have a valid reason to boycott. But they didn't. There is a difference between the statement of a citizen and the statement of a government. They are VASTLY different.

I Just read that Saudi Arabia has threatened to bycott Danishg products,

subsequently, the EU issued it's own threat of retaliating against Saudi Arabia at the World Trade Organization...

So, we in the West can impose boycotts, embargo's and sanctions against Islamic Nation's and/or Nation's of the Third World, but they better not apply the same tactics against us. Just lovely...

This is a prime example of who truly hates whom & which side is constantly under attack and besieged...

thezman, there's a difference. This is not a state sponsored act. It was done by private citizens. The sanctions on Iraq was due to the actions of Saddam, who was not a private citizen. These are completely different. I know Islam tries to blur the distinction between government and religion. But in the West, the lines are clearly marked.

Like I said, boycott the paper, write letters to the paper, any of the kind of stuff. But by publicizing this, you've only caused it to grow. The rest of the world is looking at the reaction of Muslims and they're not getting a positive image. Bomb threats on the newspaper? And you wonder why there is Islamaphobia?

I can tell you this much. I doubt any mainstream American paper would run the cartoon. It would really surprise me if one did. Which is funny, since Muslims hate the US so much, but in the West, the US is arguably their most sympathetic nation.

Edit: I should say mainstream. There's a good chance some really small paper will run it simply because there are thousands of those in this country.

First of all, we have a right to be angry...

Secondly, you keep blaming the victim for reacting in any way, whether it's through armed struggle to defend one's self or through demonstrations, boycott's, etc...

Thirdly, the Danish paper started this, So it already happend. You're attempting to put the cart before the horse...

Fourthly, this Just show's how we in the West are constantly looking for any reason to attack Islam and Muslims...

You can control peoples action's whether they work for the government or corporations.

These cartoons had to have been shown to the editor and approved for publishing...

Lastly, But we Just relish treating Islam & Muslims as the whipping post. In the beginning, it was Just a Danish problem, so why would other nation's get involved, especially when they saw Muslim anger with the Danish paper. This was deliberate. They had the option of remaining silent, but they constantly yearn for a confrontation with Islam...

Yes, they did it just to defy Muslims. Now many Muslims will believe that all Westerners feel this way, which I don't really care. Most Muslims don't like us anyway. But there are many people in the West who are on the fence about Muslims and this doesn't help your cause.

You do have the right to react however you want. But look at the consequences. You can call it the struggle of good vs evil all you want, but what it really comes down to is rather amusing human social interaction. They're teasing you. You took the bait. If you're not willing to let something as simple as a cartoon go...well, extrapolate. Islamophobia is alive and well. And Muslims are fueling it.

"Just because the Koran bans images of Mohammed doesn't mean non-Muslims have to submit to this."

-France Soir editor Serge Faubert

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_today.reuters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-02-01T172158Z_01_L01441468_RTRUKO0_US-RELIGION-DENMARK-FRANCE.xml&rpc=22"]source[/url]

Now two German Newspapers have published the Cartoons.

Germany's Die Welt printed a similar piece to accompany the cartoons.

"There is no right to be shielded from satire in the West," it said. "Christianity has been the object of ruthless criticism ... being able to make fun of the holiest things is a non-negotiable core tradition in our culture."

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_today.reuters(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/news/newsarticle.aspx?type=topNews&storyid=2006-02-01T172158Z_01_L01441468_RTRUKO0_US-RELIGION-DENMARK-FRANCE.xml&rpc=22"]source[/url]

Guest amani

US girl-its not only the image....

and these people will pay. we only have to look in the past to see what happened to Abu Jahl, what happened to Abu Lahab what happened to all those who were so insulting to Muhammed :D they left disgraced in this world and the hereafter. Allah :D will show these people if they do not repent.

If you ask them (about this), they declare: ‘We were only talking idly and joking.’ Say: ‘Was it at Allaah, and His Ayaat (proofs, evidences, verses, lessons, signs, revelations, etc.) and His Messenger that you were mocking?’ [9:64]