Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Um_Abd

France Enters Muslim Cartoon Row

First of all, we have a right to be angry...

These cartoons had to have been shown to the editor and approved for publishing...

Good answer thezman.. one more question who are opposing these anger:

What is the intention of printing cartoons?

Read the below comments of German newspaper: then give your feedback..

"Democracy is the institutionalised form of freedom of expression. There is no right to protection from satire in the west; there is a right to blasphemy" the paper said in an accompanying comment piece. (Die Welt)

PropellerAds

Everyone has the right to blaspheme all they want, in the West. And you have the right to not listen, or ignore it.

we have a right to be angry... we have right to stop eating. We have right to react in democratic way..

I can tell you this much. I doubt any mainstream American paper would run the cartoon. It would really surprise me if one did. Which is funny, since Muslims hate the US so much, but in the West, the US is arguably their most sympathetic nation.

Edit: I should say mainstream. There's a good chance some really small paper will run it simply because there are thousands of those in this country.

Nobody hates US, it's their policies and bush administration which sucks!

It's very sad tht ppl fail to understand muslims and make wrong statements.

Nobody hates US, it's their policies and bush administration which sucks!

It's very sad tht ppl fail to understand muslims and make wrong statements.

Not true. You despise American culture. You call us decadent. You also despise the media. That's ALOT more than just the US government. You despise the essence of the United States.

we have a right to be angry... we have right to stop eating. We have right to react in democratic way..

I agree, you have the right to be angry, you have the right to object, you have the right to boycott Danish products, what you don't have is the right to restrict freedom of speech.

:D

The European countries can show their 'solidarity', but who will it effect?

Not the Muslims, the damage has already been done.

The very same Danish these newspapers want to protect, are the ones affected most! With every reprint, the issue becomes bigger and spreads further and ensures the boycotts will hold for longer.

By the time these papers have finished showing their 'solidarity', there won't be a Danish dairy to protect!

I don't see the boycott affecting other countries as this started in Denmark, they will take the brunt of it.

I can tell you this much. I doubt any mainstream American paper would run the cartoon. It would really surprise me if one did. Which is funny, since Muslims hate the US so much, but in the West, the US is arguably their most sympathetic nation.

The US's position on this is about the same as Russia's. They don't like Europe and they don't like Muslims, but any friction between the two can only be good for business! :D

I agree, you have the right to be angry, you have the right to object, you have the right to boycott Danish products, what you don't have is the right to restrict freedom of speech.

Is the Freedom of Immature Insults part of the Freedom of Speech?

Yes, it is.

Now many Muslims will believe that all Westerners feel this way,

Can you blame some Muslim's for not liking Westerners? Look at who started this issue! Look at who continued to escalate this issue!

If you don't like someone, there's a reason for that. "You Just don't wake up and say: I'm in the mood to hate someone"...

But there are many people in the West who are on the fence about Muslims

Well, they need to get off the fence and do something about it, this is a two way street...

Muslims attempted to negotiate and have these cartoons not published, but the Danes refused and they published it. In the end they were forced to apologize! They could have done that in the beginning and avoided all of this...

But they wanted this to be in our face...

Now we have idiots from other nation's Joining in spreading these cartoons...

and this doesn't help your cause.

We'll deal with this in the manner that is befitting..

They're teasing you. You took the bait. If you're not willing to let something as simple as a cartoon go...well, extrapolate. Islamophobia is alive and well. And Muslims are fueling it.

This isn't a case of sticks and stones may break my bones. And this isn't "teasing"... they Insulted the Prophet (PBUH)...

And something like this or tearing up the Qur'an isn't simple at all...

Don't try to analyze this with Christian or Western eyes. If you guys let this kind of thing pass by that's up to you, but don't apply your reasoning to us. We take our religion very seriously...

And Muslims aren't fueling Islamophobia, it's our Western papers, experts, politicians, religious leaders and warmongers...

Again, you're Jumping all over the reaction, but not the catalyst...

Actually, yes it is.

Not true. You despise American culture. You call us decadent. You also despise the media. That's ALOT more than just the US government. You despise the essence of the United States.

American culture is disliked but not hated. :D

What do Americans think abt middle east of any other country's culture or people?

We don't juge americans as a whole but it's individual.

What do Americans think abt women who cover her face and men who grow his beard and have turben on his head?

Yes I do hate American media. You got that right :D

United States is a beatuiful country but unfortunately reaped by Bush Administration. :D

Everyone has the right to blaspheme all they want, in the West. And you have the right to not listen, or ignore it.

That's not true. You can't say anything about the Jews in America. If you do, the police arrest you, or you get blacklisted, or get deported. Double standards everywhere.

Can you blame some Muslim's for not liking Westerners? Look at who started this issue! Look at who continued to escalate this issue!

If you don't like someone, there's a reason for that. "You Just don't wake up and say: I'm in the mood to hate someone"...

Well, they need to get off the fence and do something about it, this is a two way street...

Muslims attempted to negotiate and have these cartoons not published, but the Danes refused and they published it. In the end they were forced to apologize! They have done that in the beginning and avoid all of this. But they wanted this to be in our face...

Now we have idiots from other nation's Joining in spreading these cartoons...

We'll deal with this in the manner that is befitting..

This isn't a case of sticks and stone may break my bones. And this isn't "teasing"... they Insulted the Prophet (PBUH)...

And something like this or tearing up the Qur'an isn't simple at all...

Don't try to analyze this with Christian or Western eyes. If you guys let this kind of thing pass by that's up to you, but don't apply your reasoning to us. We take our religion very seriously...

And Muslims aren't fueling Islamophobia, it's our Western papers, experts, politicians, religious leaders and warmongers...

Again, you Jumping all over the reaction, but not the catalyst...

thezman, that's just the way it is. *shrugs*

We take our religion very seriously...

And you have every right to do so, but what you don't have is the right to apply your religion's rules to non-Muslims.

You can't say anything about the Jews in America

That's not true at all, in fact America actually has a Nazi party. There are anti-Jewish websites hosted on many American servers. You can even deny the Holocaust in America if want to (you'll look foolish, but you can do it.)

Edited by US_Girl

what you don't have is the right to restrict freedom of speech.

what are the legal limits to free speech?

And you have every right to do so, but what you don't have is the right to apply your religion's rules to non-Muslims.

Do you agree with this??

"Democracy is the institutionalised form of freedom of expression. There is no right to protection from satire in the west; there is a right to blasphemy" the paper said in an accompanying comment piece. (Die Welt)

what are the legal limits to free speech?

Freedom of expression in the US (I can't speak for Denmark, or France as I've never been to either) is virtually unlimited, so long as that expression does not involve unlawful harm to an individual.

Do you agree with this??

Do I like what is being said, no, do I agree that it is true, yes. I would be angry if Jesus was insulted by a newspaper, but that's their right.

The (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/europe/4669210.stm"]reasoning[/url] of the man who commissioned the cartoons:

But knowing what he knows now, would he still commission and print those cartoons?

"That is a hypothetical question," he says. "I would say that I do not regret having commissioned those cartoons and I think asking me that question is like asking a rape victim if she regrets wearing a short skirt Friday night at the discotheque."

Now he's the victim?

Freedom of expression in the US (I can't speak for Denmark, or France as I've never been to either) is virtually unlimited, so long as that expression does not involve unlawful harm to an individual.

...and so long as it doesn't conflict with The Patriot Act!

Edited by Shagird

As you have no right at all to apply your religion to Muslims either!

As you have no right at all to apply your religion to Muslims either!

I'm not trying to.

American culture is disliked but not hated. :D

What do Americans think abt middle east of any other country's culture or people?

We don't juge americans as a whole but it's individual.

What do Americans think abt women who cover her face and men who grow his beard and have turben on his head?

Yes I do hate American media. You got that right :D

United States is a beatuiful country but unfortunately reaped by Bush Administration. :D

Ok, I know I generalized too much previously. So for that, I apologize.

As for American culture being "disliked"? I disagree. I believe it is despised. Look around this forum. You see post after post after post tearing apart American culture. The claims includes things like we have our women walk around naked (bikinis). This is not minor. There is genuine disdain for the US among the Muslims, here.

I'll say this much. I looked at the cartoons and I don't particularly like them, either. That said, it's still his right to print them. And I believe that is more important than the content. Muslims obviously believe the content is more important than the right, in this case.

He is acting like a drama queen. But he's also getting FAR more attention than he deserves.

There are provisions in law for two cases that limit free speech: obscene material and a compelling government interest. (According to US law). This material is obscene material and this material is against demark govt. interest bcoz the govt. is loosing its interest in middle east. Its responsibility of govt. to promote the goodwill not the stupid creations. Every thing can't be explained by logic there is another world beyond logic, its called wisdom.. remember plz..

Another question: What is the motive behind the cartoons?(With respect to demark politics)