Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Um_Abd

France Enters Muslim Cartoon Row

Muslims have no right to dictate what Westerners do, just as the US has no right to dictate what Muslims do. They are the same.

So why is the US forcing 'democracy' onto the Middle East?

PropellerAds
So why is the US forcing 'democracy' onto the Middle East?

The people currently in power believe they are right. Just like Muslims think they are right telling Denmark what they can and cannot print in newspapers.

Look, you have the right to be angry, and to protest, etc. What you don't have is the right to dictate to us what we can and cannot do.

I bet if the drawings were of Budha, none of you would care.

They aren't printing them to offend Muslims (although that is their effact), they're publishing them to support both free speech and free press. Sorry, but those are both things you nor any group has the right to deny us.

:D

1. Budha?? as muslims we believe in the three Ibrahamic religions only (Christianity, Islam and Judism).

2. free speech?? I would suggest as Americans we shouldn't talk about free speech any longer until we practice what we preach. I would suggest for you to do some reading about a lot of American activists who were not "granted" their free speech rights. you might not have experienced that yourself, that doesn't mean it's not happening.

also, how do you define free speech....

I'm getting out of the subject but I'll create a saperate topic about that this weekend.

Onelove

Internal conflicts over free speech in the US does not mean that Muslims can dictate what we can do.

You're not answering anything Lateralus, with those random responses. Perhaps it's better to stop the whining.

Internal conflicts over free speech in the US does not mean that Muslims can dictate what we can do.

No one is dictating what you can do or taking away your Freedom of Speech.

The Arabs are simply using their Freedom of Expression... and you condemn them for it?

Edited by Shagird

do that lat but dont expect it to have the same impact when an entire muslim entity boycotts you the same time .

Now muslims mean all muslims :D from the north to the south and from the east to the west .

something you can never implement .

1. Budha?? as muslims we believe in the three Ibrahamic religions only (Christianity, Islam and Judism).

So its okay to insult any other religion then? You've actually helped to demonstrate my point.

No one is dictating what you can do or taking away your Freedom of Speech.

Then there is no issue here, the Danes and other European countries may say what they please. I'm so glad we'vecleared all this up.

do that lat but dont expect it to have the same impact when an entire muslim entity boycotts you the same time .

Now muslims mean all muslims :D from the north to the south and from the east to the west .

something you can never implement .

A fly.

So its okay to insult any other religion then? You've actually helped to demonstrate my point.

:D :D well, I think that you're the one helping me demonstrate my point, you just agreed that insluting other religions is wrong.

to answer your questions (that you answered on my behalf) no it's never right to insult other religions, i was just telling you what we believe as muslims.

:D :D well, I think that you're the one helping me demonstrate my point, you just agreed that insluting other religions is wrong.

to answer your questions (that you answered on my behalf) no it's never right to insult other religions, i was just telling you what we believe as muslims.

I fully agree that it's wrong to insult other religions, and I'll admit that I am not defending the cartoons themselves. What I am defending is their creator's right to free speech and free press, that is all.

Muslims are not part of our society.

:D Lateralus,

Islam is the fastest growing religion in the USA, I dont' agree with what you've just said.

sometimes we say things to feel good about ourselves or to try to proof a point, i think this is one of these moments for you, just take a few minutes to think; see if most of the things you say on this forum are intended to be constructive.

sometimes, like 5% of the time, you say things that make sense but most of the time it doesn't.

i feel that you log in every day in this forum, and maybe many other forums too, with the the "us v.s them" mentality, it just create this hostility which doesn't advance you as a human being.

OneLove

What I am defending is their creator's right to free speech and free press, that is all.

If that's the case, then It's quite alright if the Arab media takes full advantage of the new found democracy and free speech we generously bestowed upon them and print cartoons that depict the pope sodomizing young boys in a church...

Or, Christians spreading their faith with a Bible in one hand and a dagger in the other...

Or, Mary Magdalene fornicating with the Apostles...

It's only cartoons meant to bring a smile to people's faces...

It's only creative art...

Just for ha ha's...

I fully agree that it's wrong to insult other religions, and I'll admit that I am not defending the cartoons themselves. What I am defending is their creator's right to free speech and free press, that is all.

:D

I see your point, but i still urge you to do some readings on your own to understand a little more what free speech is. I can recommend books if you'd like.

i gotta go before i get kicked outta my job :D

Then there is no issue here, the Danes and other European countries may say what they please. I'm so glad we'vecleared all this up.

Yes exactly. The Europeans can say whatever they like.

Although they shouldn't complain when the Arabs use their freedom of expression. Judging by the response on this forum, many non-Muslims feel strongly about the Arab reaction.

And neither can other minorities dictate to the majority, in our country or other nation's, correct?

But that's not the case in our country nor in Europe. Or nation's that have Christian and jewish minorities around the world...

And we shouldn't be so infantile and have our State Department interfere in the internal affairs of other nations in order to guarantee the Christian Minorities rights, whether they are abused by government's, organizations or individuals...

And AIPAC shouldn't dictate to us to implement pro-Jewish State policies...

And we shouldn't whine when the foreign media depicts Christianity or America in an evil manner, nor claim that they are biased and hate America or Christianity...

It's Their Internal Conflict...

Or is this Just one of many cases of our infamous double standards?

Haha, I haven't complained about the reactions of any leaders. Even with the leader of Iran, all I've said is that he's boxing himself in.

Christians in other countries? Pfft. What have I said about that journalist that's currently kidnapped? I said "What does she expect, being in a place like Iraq?".

The AIPAC? I don't care about them, either.

Are you trying to equate these double standards with me? Of course double standards exist all over the world. Muslims are not without their own.

OneLove, thanks for the analysis. You have opened my eyes.

Actually, I have readily admitted that I come here to argue. Between loading screens at work, I'll read these forums. It keeps my mind fresh. So, THANK YOU!

The Arabs are simply using their Freedom of Expression... and you condemn them for it?

know something? i always thought this row is much ado over nothing. but your statement struck me like a thunderbolt

the world advocates freedom of speech, freedom of expression. that's exactly what we are doing. the west wanna expresse their freedom of expression by making fun of prophet muhammad while the muslims express their freedom of expression by whacking their head

what one gotta learn from this episode is to respect one another despite this advocate of freedom of expression :D

If that's the case, then It's quite alright if the Arab media takes full advantage of the new found democracy and free speech we generously bestowed upon them and print cartoons that depict the pope sodomizing young boys in a church...

Or, Christians spreading their faith with a Bible in one hand and a dagger in the other...

Or, Mary Magdalene fornicating with the Apostles...

It's only cartoons meant to bring a smile to people's faces...

It's only creative art...

Just for ha ha's...

I would not be happy, but, I would not deny you that right.

Looks like the editor got sacked ...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2006-02/02/article01.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2006-0...article01.shtml[/url]

Look, you have the right to be angry, and to protest, etc. What you don't have is the right to dictate to us what we can and cannot do.

Look!!! who is dictating... ooh no its warning....

The EU has warned Saudi Arabia that trade-based reprisals against Denmark over the publication of caricatures of Mohammed would be taken “very seriouslyâ€.

Just as Denmark claims it cannot interfere with the so-called freedom of expression of Jyllands-Posten , the incredibly insensitive newspaper, Muslim governments cannot be expected to force supermarkets and consumers to buy certain products. After all, consumers have a right to choose, haven’t they? Threats and bullying are hardly the most persuasive means to win back consumers’ confidence. Denmark will have to do better than this to address the raging anger in the Muslim world.

If the EU retaliates, perhaps Muslims will think twice before they overreact to a cartoon.

â€The government can in no way could influence the media. And the Danish government and the Danish nation as such can not be held responsible for what is published in independent media,†Fogh Rasmussen said.

Eu can act against muslims but EU can't dare to act against any muslim country.. logically there is no reason for that.. the boycott is from masses not from govt.

Assalamualiakum

I am tired of hearing those people who say muslims are overracting to a cartoon...yes a cartoon that portrays the prohet (pbuh) as a terrorist that is an insult and we're not laughing.

they shouldn't complain when the Arabs use their freedom of expression. Judging by the response on this forum, many non-Muslims feel strongly about the Arab reaction.

know something? i always thought this row is much ado over nothing. but your statement struck me like a thunderbolt

the world advocates freedom of speech, freedom of expression. that's exactly what we are doing. the west wanna expresse their freedom of expression by making fun of prophet muhammad while the muslims express their freedom of expression by whacking their head

what one gotta learn from this episode is to respect one another despite this advocate of freedom of expression :D

:D :D