Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest Um_Abd

France Enters Muslim Cartoon Row

:D

That's mighty brave of the idiots in Denmark and the rest of horde who followed in your footsteps, since you don't have Jewels to publish a cartoon mocking a member of the Jewish faith with huge ears, a crooked nose, with a bag of gold in his hand...

And if someone dares to do that, the Christians will condemn such an act before the Jews ever do...

This was no innocent act, nor was it freedom of speech...

It was a calculated act of provocation...

Spot on bro.

Surprisingly Bill Clinton is the only politician to make the link:

Former US president Bill Clinton warned of rising anti-Islamic prejudice, comparing it to historic anti-Semitism as he condemned the publishing of cartoons depicting Prophet Mohammed in a Danish newspaper.

"So now what are we going to do? ... Replace the anti-Semitic prejudice with anti-Islamic prejudice?" he said at an economic conference in the Qatari capital of Doha.

"In Europe, most of the struggles we've had in the past 50 years have been to fight prejudices against Jews, to fight against anti-Semitism," he said.

Clinton described as "appalling" the 12 cartoons published in a Danish newspaper in September depicting Prophet Mohammed and causing uproar in the Muslim world.

"None of us are totally free of stereotypes about people of different races, different ethnic groups, and different religions ... there was this appalling example in northern Europe, in Denmark ... these totally outrageous cartoons against Islam," he said.

The cartoons, including a portrayal of the prophet wearing a time-bomb-shaped turban, were reprinted in a Norwegian magazine in January, sparking uproar in the Muslim world where images of the prophet are considered blasphemous.

Clinton criticised the tendency to generalise negative news of Islamic militancy.

"Because people see headlines that they don't like (they will) apply that to a whole religion, a whole faith, a whole region and a whole people?" he asked.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/s/afp/20060130/pl_afp/denmarkislamqatar_060130151546"]source[/url]

PropellerAds

Spot on bro.

Surprisingly Bill Clinton is the only politician to make the link:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_news.yahoo(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/s/afp/20060130/pl_afp/denmarkislamqatar_060130151546"]source[/url]

I Salute Clinton :D

Assalamualiakum

I am tired of hearing those people who say muslims are overracting to a cartoon...yes a cartoon that portrays the prohet (pbuh) as a terrorist that is an insult and we're not laughing.

Well said sis :D

w/salaam

:D dear muslims

*shrugs* If you don't like what they did, consider them fools, nothing more. There's no need to start a riot.

Why am i not suprised....

These "small" things they do, infuence small minds my friend.

Then these small minded people take these cartoons and facts, and attack muslims over it.

hence, its like saying, for example, Who cares if someone beats people upto pulp, "you don't like what they did, consider them fools, nothing more. There's no need to start a riot" :D

Looks like the editor got sacked ...

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2006-02/02/article01.shtml"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/News/2006-0...article01.shtml[/url]

Not really a suprise, the Newspaper's owner was an Egyptian.

Freedom of expression does not extend to anti-semitism by law in some European countries. So there's double standards/hypocrisy there. So yes boycott those countries.

However even if there were no protections for any religion, and the cartoons were made, there would still be offence taken.

In any case protests should be peaceful and non-violent.

Freedom of expression does not extend to anti-semitism by law in some European countries. So there's double standards/hypocrisy there. So yes boycott those countries.

Arabs are Semites!

For The Prophet's Ismael and Isaac were brother's and son's of The Prophet Ibrahim, (Peace Be Upon Them All)...

So the Prophet Mohammed and the Arabs are descendants of Ismael. Therefore Anti-Semitism laws would have to apply to them also...

So the Arabs & Muslims of Europe should strike back via the ant-Semitic laws,

and those papers should be taken to court...

In any case protests should be peaceful and non-violent.

I fully agree. These gunmen who are threatening violence will only make things worse, not better for Muslims.

Yank,

FYI, the owner is a non-Muslim.

But I'm sure being Egyptian he has Muslim friends.

Yank,

What exactly is your point?

Well, first off, I am just pointing out an additional fact. Second, I need to buy my own computer so you'll stop callimg me someone I am not. I'm broke (hey, I am in college), so if you could send money that would great. :D

Teyyar, you might want to refrain from using the term "Yank". Some Americans find it offensive.

Teyyar, you might want to refrain from using the term "Yank". Some Americans find it offensive.

No, he thinks I'm Yank. You see, I post from his computer, he's the one who turned me on to IF.

I don't see what's so complicated, if you don't like something in a newspaper, don't read it in the future. Or start your own newspaper. These are private newspapers, and they have the right to do what they want with their property.

I don't think you're Yank. I know for a fact you're him.

Really now, I suppose you have something better than circumstantial evidence? By the way, you are off-topic now.

I don't see what's so complicated, if you don't like something in a newspaper, don't read it in the future. Or start your own newspaper. These are private newspapers, and they have the right to do what they want with their property.

I think there is more here than meets the eye. In my opinion these cartoons are just a spark, and that spark served to ignite tensions that have been building for quite some time.

Really now, I suppose you have something better than circumstantial evidence? By the way, you are off-topic now.

I think there is more here than meets the eye. In my opinion these cartoons are just a spark, and that spark served to ignite tensions that have been building for quite some time.

there are cartoons insulting jews much worse than this in arab papers all the time, maybe we should start burning down egyptian embassies. :D

there are cartoons insulting jews much worse than this in arab papers all the time, maybe we should start burning down egyptian embassies. :D

which newspaper?

I've seen some rather disturbing cartoons on the AlJazeera website (the english version of course).

Brother you failed to understand the reason behind this.

there are many insulting cartoons about muslims as well!

WE WERE NOT ANGRY AT THE CARTOONS ABOUT MUSLIMS BUT OUR BELOVED PROPHET :D!

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM PERSON OR NEWS PAPER INSULTING ANY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS (PBUT)?

(btw the caps are to stress and not as Yelling at you)

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

Salaam,

If people can protest the outcome of the Rodney King case violently and have others understand why they did so, then muslims who feel offended can do the same. I swear, people beg for stuff like this to happen. :D

Imperial1

Brother you failed to understand the reason behind this.

there are many insulting cartoons about muslims as well!

WE WERE NOT ANGRY AT THE CARTOONS ABOUT MUSLIMS BUT OUR BELOVED PROPHET :D!

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM PERSON OR NEWS PAPER INSULTING ANY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS (PBUT)?

(btw the caps are to stress and not as Yelling at you)

w/salaam

Listen, this is the year 2006, people have property rights, people can buy a printing press and print whatever they want. It's about time these people who attack embassies and their type understand that our governments don't tell us what to write, and we would protest if they did.

"HAVE YOU EVER SEEN A MUSLIM PERSON OR NEWS PAPER INSULTING ANY OF THE OLD TESTAMENT PROPHETS "

I have no doubt in my mind that they would if those prophets weren't part of Islam.