Islamic Forum
--**MinorityOpinions**--

Ok So It's Blasphemy... But What Makes Themu Think You Can Harm Other People?

:D

That is their right. To be honest with you I dont wish to offend the dead (although I believe they are in the hellfire now),

Why is that? Is it because they believe in and worship one God that they are sent to Hell?

Oh I see! If I say Jesus ('AlyheeSalaam) is God I go to Heaven? Excellent thinking.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html[/url]

PropellerAds
No, it wouldn't. There have been many art exhibits in the US that are blasphemous for Christians that I am aware of. The reaction by Christians was nothing like this at all. This is a purely Muslim reaction to such an incident.

This is true.

This is because the Christians dont have this in their law! It is against our law that is why we hate, also we hate poeple who make fun of our beloved Prophet!

w/salaam

:D / hello,

Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 8.135, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

Allah's Apostle (saaws) said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 8.137, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

A man said to the Prophet , "Advise me!" The Prophet said, "Do not become angry and furious." The man asked (the same) again and again, and the Prophet said in each case, "Do not become angry and furious."

ARE THE MUSLIMS FOLLOWING Islam?

:D, peace,

AS

Asalaamualaikum

Brothers and Sisters I agree witth you all, I was glad to find this thread. It saddens me so much when I see how my brothers and sisters are reacting to this. Its become so bad that it has little to do with the actual cartoons now, the focus and attention is all on the violence and hatred which my brothers and sister show. I could not believe what I was seeing when the news pictures from the London protest came up. Muslims from my own country which were displaying such hateful signs? Really it saddens me so much. Astagfirullah the cartoons were very very upsetting to us all, but this reaction was uncalled for. How can anybody justify the burning of buildings the plain hateful signs? It is disgusting it really is.

My brothers and sisters who are so careful of their behaviour, who act with kindness and reserve and who set the good examples of what muslims should be to the non-muslims (especially those in the non-muslim societies), with the view that non-muslims would see the beauty of Islam, its as if all this hard work is being done the more these 'protests' go on. It is shameful

Asalaamualaikum, an error in my post I meant to say 'it seems as if all this work is being UNDONE the more protests go on'

Brother 'Allah's Slave' those are good hadith masha'Allah

I just cannot believe that we are spending so much time talking about this, :D. We are acting as if we are all perfect while criticising other Muslims!

"A man most kind to Mankind can be worse in the eyes of Allah to one who is most violent".

So, continuing this talk is not going to improve the state of this already crumbling Ummah.

Let us concentrate on increasing the fear and love of Allah, because talking about Muslims and their violence is not going to get us any closer to Paradise.

May Allah forgive us all and accept the intentions from their heart and guide this Ummah back to Qur'an and Sunnah. Ameen.

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html[/url]

Salamu Alaikum,

No, it wouldn't. There have been many art exhibits in the US that are blasphemous for Christians that I am aware of. The reaction by Christians was nothing like this at all. This is a purely Muslim reaction to such an incident.

You are Absolutely correct, this a purely muslim reaction and thank your for making muslims sound better, I do not condone the violence, nor accept it, but I thank you for justifying our anger :D I mean no one else respects their Prophet as much as we do ours, I mean if there was a museum like that I would personally burn it to the ground, if it wouldn't close ofcourse. I know you didn't mean it this way Livius, because this would be your first Pro-Terro..I mean Muslim comment :D I mean Christians deny the fact that ""Jesus" made pork forbidden in the Bible, and that he made adultery forbidden, I remember someone saying "these people are adulterers, they should be stoned" In a movie and christians laughed. They don't follow their "God" to the theatres, I doubt they would back him up in a museum. Muslims are the only ones who have been angered by this scenario and this shows our attachment to faith, thank you Livius for pointing it out.

Salamu Alaikum

Assalamu Alaikum, Alim in training, very well put, I was thinking the same thing that you posted.

I am sure most of us are lazy in practicing our Deen, but there are values we will not give up. This has been the case since the time of RasoolAllah Sallallahu alaihi Wa Sallam. Kings and Heads of Countries of that time would wonder at the depth of the love of the companions towards the prophet Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam, even though he was an unlettered man, with no luxuries in life.

If people of other relegion have no respect for their Prophets, then it is a shame on them, Glory be to Allah, we love and respect all the prophets of Islam, and will keep on doing so until we die.

We Muslims might fight over petty things, but Alhamdulillah it lifts up my faith in the Muslims, that where our love for our beloved Prophet is concerned, we are able to put our differences aside and stand up for his honour, which by the way no one can touch, because Allah will take care of it.

Trying to make fun of The Prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam is nothing but a very mean and dirty plot of some people to cause chaos and they got what they wanted, at the expense of hurting peoples faiths, causing disturbance in many lives and at the same time putting their's as well as others lives in Danger.

Wassalamu alaikum. masooma.

You believe this is a positive thing for Muslims?

It depends on how you intend to respect your prophet I suppose.

Jesus spread a message of peace, not violence, so Christians respect their prophet best by being peaceful, not hateful and violent.

I mean if there was a museum like that I would personally burn it to the ground

That is how you choose to "honor" your prophet.

You see it as a positive, I see it as horrible and pathetic.

You may delude yourself into believe that other religions don't respect and love their figures but it is patently untrue. They simply don't require violent action in order to prove their faith.

You believe this is a positive thing for Muslims?

It depends on how you intend to respect your prophet I suppose.

Jesus spread a message of peace, not violence, so Christians respect their prophet best by being peaceful, not hateful and violent.

That is how you choose to "honor" your prophet.

You see it as a positive, I see it as horrible and pathetic.

You may delude yourself into believe that other religions don't respect and love their figures but it is patently untrue. They simply don't require violent action in order to prove their faith.

Well, Christians don't always respond that way. The IRA? The Ku Klux Klan? The Spanish Inquisition? The Crusades?

But, I agree that what some brothers and sisters are doing is pathetic. The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) would not approve of this behaviour at all.

I don't know who said what you quoted, but they should be kicked off the Forum, as it is a violation of the rules.

Well, Christians don't always respond that way. The IRA? The Ku Klux Klan? The Spanish Inquisition? The Crusades?

Very true. Unfortunately both Islam and Christianity have a long sordid history of using violence in the name of faith. Hopefully someday that will change, but I am sad that I don't see it happening in my lifetime or even my grandchildrens.

I don't know who said what you quoted, but they should be kicked off the Forum, as it is a violation of the rules.

It was a quote from Alim in Training just three posts up from yours Jibrael.

Very true. Unfortunately both Islam and Christianity have a long sordid history of using violence in the name of faith. Hopefully someday that will change, but I am sad that I don't see it happening in my lifetime or even my grandchildrens.

It was a quote from Alim in Training just three posts up from yours Jibrael.

Not necessarily, Islam and Christianity flourished in the Ottoman Empire for a thousand years. Even though the media and history shows the few conflicts between the two religions, if you look at how the world looks now, it's only a small faction of people who start violence in the name of religion. 56% of the world is either Muslim or Christian. If these two religions were conflicting, the world would be a much more violent place.

And, if you are an atheist, there has been a lot of "atheist" violence over the past hundred years. Pol Pot from Cambodia killed 2 million people in the name of Communism, Stalin killed 10 million Russians during the great purge, 2-4 million Vietnamese died during the Vietnam War, Mao Tse-Tung killed many in China, Russia killed 400,000 Chechens in the last 15 years, and many more non-religious conflicts. If anything, these people need some religion.

From (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=25030"]The Issue Of Those Who Swear At The Prophet Saaws[/url]

At Tibyan Publications

tibyan/article.php?id=1137

As-Salaamu 'Alaykum

Lately, the issue of those who swear at or insult the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã has come up. The following is some of what the scholars of Isl?m have said regarding this issue.

Ibn Taymiyyah RA said:

“The First Issue: That Whoever - be it Muslim or k?fir - Swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, Then It Is Obligatory to Execute Him

[/color]

This is the Math’hab of the general mass of the People of Knowledge. Ibn Al-Munthir said: “The general mass of the People of Knowledge have formed consensus upon that the Hadd of the one who swears at the ProphetÕáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã is execution. And from those who sad this was M?lik, Al-Layth, Ahmad and Is’h?q. And it is the Math’hab of Ash-Sh?fi’?†He said: “And it is mentioned from An-Nu’m?n: He is not killed, that which they are upon from shirk is greater.â€[DO NOT CHANGE COLORblack]And Ab? Bakr Al-F?ris?, from the companions of Ash-Sh?fi’?, mentioned the Ijm?’ of the Muslims upon that the Hadd of the one who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã is execution, just as the Hadd of he who swears at other than him is whipping. And this Ijm?’ that he mentioned is understood as being the Ijm?’ of the first generations from the Sah?bah and the T?bi’?n, or that he meant with that, their Ijm?’ upon that the one who swears at the ProphetÕáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, it is obligatory to kill him if he is a Muslim. And likewise, Al-Q?dh? ‘Iy?dh restricted it, as he said: “The Ummah has formed consensus upon the execution of the one who belittles him or swears at him from the Muslims.†And the Im?m Is’h?q Ibn R?h?yah, one of the Great Im?ms, said: “The Muslims have formed consensus upon that whoever swears at All?h, or swears at His Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, or rejects anything from that which All?h ‘Azza Wa Jall Revealed, or kills a Prophet from the Prophets of All?h ‘Azza Wa Jall, that he is a k?fir due to that, even if he accepts everything that All?h Revealed.†And Al-Khatt?b? said: “I do not know anyone from the Muslims who differs regarding the obligation of his execution.†And Muhammad Ibn Sahn?n said: “The scholars have formed consensus upon that the one who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, belittling him, is a k?fir, and the threat of the Punishment of All?h is upon him, and his ruling according to the Ummah is execution, and whoever doubts his kufr and his punishment, then he has disbelieved.â€

The Clarification Of The Opinion Relating To The Ruling Of The One Who Swears

And the clarification of the opinion regarding it is that the one who swears, if he is a Muslim, then he disbelieves and is executed, without any difference, and it is the Math’hab of the Four Im?ms and other than them. And those from the Im?ms who have mentioned the Ijm?’ upon that have past, like Is’h?q Ibn R?h?yah and other than him. And if he is a Thimm?, then he is executed also in the Math’hab of M?lik and the People of Al-Mad?nah, and the mentioning of their phrasings will come. And it is the Math’hab of Ahmad and the Fuqah?’ of the Had?th. And Ahmad clearly stated that in many places.

Hanbal said: I heard Ab? ‘Abdill?h saying: Everyone who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã or belittles him, whether he is a Muslim or a k?fir, then execution is upon him. And I see that he should be executed and not given Istit?bah.†He said: And I heard Ab? ‘Abdill?h saying: “Everyone who breaks the ‘Ahd and innovates an innovation in Isl?m like this, then I see execution upon him, they were not given the ‘Ahd and the Thimmah upon this.†And likewise, Ab? As-Saqr said: I asked Ab? ‘Abdill?h about a man from the People of Thimmah who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, what is upon him? He said: If the Bayyinah is established upon him, then whoever swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáãis executed, whether he is a Muslim or a k?fir.†Both narrated by Al-Khall?l

And he said in the narration of ‘Abdull?h and Ab? T?lib, and he was asked about someone who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, he said: “He is executed.†It was said to him: “Are there Ah?d?th regarding it?†He said: “Yes. Ahad?th, from them the Had?th of the blind man who killed the woman. He said: I heard her swearing at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã. And the Had?th of Husayn, that Ibn ‘Umar said: Whoever swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã is executed. And ‘Umar Ibn ‘Abdil-‘Az?z said: He is executed. And that is because whoever swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã is a murtadd, and no Muslim swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã.â€

‘Abdull?h added: “I asked my father about one who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, is he given Istit?bah?†He said: “Execution has become obligatory upon him, and he is not given Istit?bah. Kh?lid Ibn Al-Wal?d killed a man who swore at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã and did not give him Istit?bah.†Both narrated by Ab? Bakr in “Ash-Sh?f?†And in the narration of Ab? T?lib: “Ahmad was asked about the one who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã. He said: He is executed. He has nullified the ‘Ahd.†And Harb said: I asked Ahmad about a man from the People of Thimmah who swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã. He said: He is executed if he swears at the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã.†Both narrated by Al-Khall?l, and he clearly stated this in other than these answers. So all of his sayings are clear statements regarding the obligation of executing him, and in that he has nullified the ‘Ahd, and there is nothing from him different than this. And likewise was mentioned from all of his companions, the earlier and the later of them, they did not disagree on that.†[1]

Im?m ‘Abdul-Q?dir Ibn ‘Abdil-‘Az?z said [2]:

“Secondly: The Permissibility of Assassinating the Muh?rib Disbeliever

The Muh?rib, in other words, the one who has no covenant, and the Sunnah is narrated with that (i.e. assassination) regarding those whose harm is severe towards All?h and towards His Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã. And an indication of that is narrated in His, the Most High’s, statement:

ÃóÇÞúÊõáõæÇú ÇáúãõÔúÑößöíäó ÃóíúËõ æóÌóÃÊøõãõæåõãú æóÎõÃõæåõãú æóÇÃúÕõÑõæåõãú æóÇÞúÚõÃõæÇú áóåõãú ßõáøó ãóÑúÕóÃò

…then kill the mushrik?n wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. [3]

Al-Qurtub? said, “… and prepare for them each and every ambush. In other words, wait for them in the places of heedlessness where they conduct reconnaissance. And this is an evidence for the permissibility of assassinating them prior to the Da’wah.†I say: The statement of Al-Qurtub?: “…prior to the Da’wah…†in other words, to the one who had been reached by the Da’wah previously. And this verse: and prepare for them each and every ambush…; in it there is evidence for the permissibility of the surveillance and the reconnaissance and the spying upon the enemy.

As for the Sunnah, the Messenger of All?h Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã had ordered the killing of Ka’b Ibn Al-Ashraf and Ab? R?fi’ Ibn Ab? Al-Huqayq, who were both from the Jews.

· As for Ka’b, he used to incite the mushrik?n against the Muslims, and he used to insult the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã, with his poetry and rhapsodize (write erotic poetry) against the women of the Muslims. And the story of his assassination was narrated by Al-Bukh?r? and Muslim, as Al-Bukh?r? narrated it from J?bir: “The Messenger of All?h Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã said, ‘Who is for Ka’b Ibn Al-Ashraf, as he has insulted All?h and His Messenger?’ So Muhammad Ibn Maslamah stood up and said, ‘O Messenger of All?h, would you like for me to kill him?’ He said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘Then give me permission to say something.’ He said, ‘Say it.’ So Muhammad Ibn Maslamah came to him.†[4] And in the Had?th that Muhammad Ibn Maslamah, and those with him deceived Ka’b in (claiming) that they were frustrated with the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã and they deceived him, until they killed him, while he was in a well fortified fortress.

Ibn Hajar said, “And in the Mursal (narration) of ‘Ikrimah: ‘So the Jews became terrified, so they came to the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã and said, ‘Our leader was killed by assassination.’ So the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã reminded them about his deeds and what he used to incite against him, while insulting the Muslims.’ Ibn Sa’d added, ‘So they were frightened and did not say anything (further).†– until Ibn Hajar said – “And in it, there is the permissibility of killing the polytheist (mushrik) without Da’wah as long as the general Da’wah has reached him. And in it, there is the permissibility of saying that which is necessary during war, even if the one saying it did not really mean it.†[5] And Al-Bukh?r? narrated this Had?th in “The Book of Jih?d: ‘Chapter of Lying in War’ and ‘Chapter of Assassinating the People of War’â€.

I say: So whoever describes the assassination of the disbelievers who make war against All?h and His Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã as betrayal and the likes of that, or that Isl?m forbids that, then he is a misguided one who has Tak’th?b (i.e. does not accept the truthfulness) of the Book and the Sunnah. And An-Nawaw? has said, “He – Al-Q?dh? ‘Iy?dh – said, ‘And it is not permitted for anyone to say that his killing was a betrayal. And one person said this in a gathering with ‘Al? Ibn Ab? T?lib, may All?h be pleased with him, so he ordered for his neck to be struck (i.e. decapitation).†[6] And this latter event was pointed out by Al-Qurtub? in the Tafs?r of His, the Most High’s, statement:

ÃóÞóÇÊöáõæÇú ÃóÆöãøóÉó ÇáúßõÃúÑö

…then fight the leaders of disbelief. [7]

And Ibn Taymiyyah mentioned it in his book “As-S?ram Al-Masl?l ‘Ala Sh?tim Ar-Ras?lâ€. And he mentioned a story, which occurred between Mu’?wiyah and Muhammad Ibn Maslamah, may All?h be pleased with them.

· As for Ibn Ab? Al-Huqayq, he was a Jew from Khaybar and he was the merchant of Al-Hij?z, and he went to Makkah and enraged Quraysh against the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã until they gathered the confederates (Al-Ah’z?B) and it was the Battle of Al-Ah’z?b, and he was the igniter of its flame. Al-Bukh?r? narrated from Al-Bar?’ Ibn ‘?zib who said, “The Messenger of All?h Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã sent men from the Ans?r to Ab? R?fi’, the Jew, and he put ‘Abdull?h Ibn ‘At?q in charge over them. And Ab? R?fi’ used to insult the Messenger of All?h Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã and would help against him. And he was in a fortress of his in the land of Al-Hij?z.†[8] And he narrated from him as well, that he said, “The Messenger of All?h Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã sent a group to Ab? R?fi’, then ‘Abdull?h Ibn ‘At?q entered upon him in his house, at night, while he slept, and he killed him.†[9] And Ibn ‘At?q deceived with many various deceptions until he killed him, as he deceived until he entered the fortress. Then he closed the doors of the houses of the Jews from outside. Then he went to Ab? R?fi’ and he would not enter any door except that he closed it from inside and he disguised his voice so that he would not be recognized. Ibn Hajar said, “And in the Had?th from the benefits there is the permissibility of assassinating the mushrik who has been reached by the Da’wah but who persists, and the killing of the one who offers support against the Messenger of All?h Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã with his hand (i.e. physically) or with his money (i.e. financially) or with his tongue (i.e. verbally), and the permissibility of spying upon the people of war and looking for their inattentiveness, and being extremely dedicated in waging war against the mushrik?n and the permissibility of being ambiguous in speech, due to a benefit and the opposition of small numbers of the Muslims against numerous mushrik?n.†[10] And Al-Bukh?r? narrated it within “The Book of Jih?d: Chapter of Killing the Sleeping mushrikâ€.

· And regarding this issue, the Shaykh, ‘Abdur-Rah’m?n Ad-Dawsar?, may All?h be merciful to him, said in mentioning the levels of worship, in his Tafs?r of His, the Most High’s, statement:

ÅöíøóÇßó äóÚúÈõÃõ æÅöíøóÇßó äóÓúÊóÚöíäõ

You (Alone) we worship, and You (Alone) we ask for help. [11]

He said, “Then the preparation of strength in accordance with one’s ability is from the obligations of the religion, and from the necessities to establish it. So the one who correctly worships All?h, is not afflicted by the postponement in this, let alone abandoning it or taking it as insignificant. And also, the worshipper of All?h who is determined upon the Jih?d in himself, would be carrying out the assassinations of the leaders of disbelief, from the callers to atheism and the outright permissibility (i.e. liberalism) and everyone who attacks of the revelation of All?h or the one who puts forth his pen or his campaigns against the Clearly True (Han?f) religion, because this one is an insulter of All?h and His Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã. It is not permissible for the Muslims in the regions of the Earth, from the specific (Scholars, Muj?hid?n, etc.) or the general ones (layman), to leave him living, because he is more harmful than Ibn Ab? Huqayq, and others besides him, from those who the Messenger of All?h Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã recommended their assassination. So the abandonment of the assassinations of those who inherited from them (i.e. those who wage war against All?h and his Messenger Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã), in this time, is a removal of the last testament of the Al-Mustaf? (i.e. the Prophet Õáì Çááå Úáíå æ Óáã), and a terrible breach the worship of All?h and a horrible hideous legitimizing of the axes of destruction against the religion of All?h, and its emergence cannot be explained except by (saying there is) the absence of protective instincts (Gh?rah) towards the religion of All?h, and any anger (on behalf) of His noble Face. And that is a great shortcoming in the love of All?h and His Messenger and their glorification, which would not come from someone who has established the worship of All?h upon its correct, intended meaning.†[12]

[1] “As-Saarim Al-Maslool ‘Alaa Shaatim Ar-Rasoolâ€: pg. 12-13

[2] This is taken from the Imaam’s book entitled: “Al-‘Umdah Fee I’daad Al-‘Uddah Lil-Jihaadi Fee Sabeelillaahi Ta’aalaâ€: pg. 328-330

[3] S?rat At-Tawbah, 5

[4] Had?th #4,037

[5] “Fat’h Al-B?r? â€, Vol. 7/340

[6] “Sah?h Muslim Bi’Sharh’ An-Nawaw? â€, Vol. 12/160

[7] S?rat At-Tawbah, 12

[8] Had?th #4,039

[9] Had?th #4,038

[10] “Fat’h Al-B?r? â€, Vol. 7/345

[11] Trans. Note: S?rat Al-F?tihah, 5

[12] From “Safwat Al-‘?th?r Wal-Maf?h?m Min Tafs?r Al-Qur’?n Al-‘Ath?m â€, Vol. 1/268 by the Shaykh, ‘Abdur-Rah’m?n Ad-Dawsar?; publication of “D?r Al-Arqam â€, 1404 H.

The Messenger of Allah (SAW) said:

ãä ÓÈ äÈíÇ ãä ÇáÃäÈíÇà ÃÇÞÊáæå æ ãä ÓÈ ÃÃÃÇ ãä ÃÕÃÇÈí ÃÇÌáÃæå

Whoever insults [satirises, mocks or ridicules] a Prophet from the Prophets [of God] kill him, and whoever insults my Companions beat him. (Reported in Kitaab ush-Shifaa' by Qaadi 'Iyaad)

NOTE I believe there needs to be an Islamic leader (Caliph) for it to go on, so no it isn't permissible right now. I do NOT advocated violence.

Edited by Sallahudeen

Not necessarily, Islam and Christianity flourished in the Ottoman Empire for a thousand years.

There was quite a bit of discontent. It was by all means no picnic for non-Muslims in the Ottoman Empire.

Even though the media and history shows the few conflicts between the two religions, if you look at how the world looks now, it's only a small faction of people who start violence in the name of religion.

There have been more than just a few conflicts between the religions. There have been many.

My point, though, was not to compare different kinds of violence, but to show that violence in the name of religion is an historical constant that I don't believe will end in my lifetime.

56% of the world is either Muslim or Christian. If these two religions were conflicting, the world would be a much more violent place.

The religions are not actually war, but there are still too many who kill in the name of religion.

Al salam alaikum

I wholeheartedly agree with sister Minority Opinions. As Muslims, we have a right to be outraged by the cartoons, but protesting with signs that spell out 'behead those who insult Islam', and 'massacre them all' are not going to improve the image of Islam in the West. The Muslims involved in these ridiculous protests make themselves look like wild animals. I do not see Muslims burning flags and threatening people's lives when other Islamic Prophets, such as ISA (Jesus), MUSA (Moses), ADAM, NUH (Noah) and ABRAHAM are ridiculed and insulted. Why is this? The heathens who invented the blasphemous cartoons will only say, "hey, we were right.' We did have a decent, peaceful protest over here in Halifax, Canada, that called for an end to the ridicule and vilification of all Prophets and Religious figures.

Inevitably, the media is also to blame. Amazingly, they make it seem as if the entire Islamic population is waging a global holy war against non-Muslims, and that merely a few of us Muslims refuse to resort to violent ways of protesting when Islam is attacked.

Those who spend (freely), whether in prosperity, or in adversity; who restrain anger, and pardon (all) men;- for Allah (God) loves those who do good. (Qur'an 3: 134)

A little enjoyment in this world!- and then, to Us will be their return, then shall We (God) make them taste the severest penalty for their blasphemies. (Qur'an 10: 70)

I recommend the brothers and sisters, and the kind non-Muslim members on the forum listen to an interesting new speech by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf & Imam Zaid Shakir, called Muhammad: (pbuh) A Mercy To Humanity:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.zaytuna(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.zaytuna(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

then why don't you guys take a stand against these people who cloud the real message of Islam?

Why not protest against the persons who claim to be muslims and hold up such banners in the name of Allah? They (to me) are doing alot of damage to relations between the west and the east and it's only serving to fuel the fire and send a misleading picture of Islam.

This should be of great importance almost as much as someone insulting the prophet pbuh.

The media wants something juicy to report, but it is a greater sin in my opinion for a fellow muslim to give them this impression of Islam to share with the world.

:D / hello,

Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 8.135, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

Allah's Apostle (saaws) said, "The strong is not the one who overcomes the people by his strength, but the strong is the one who controls himself while in anger."

Hadith - Sahih Al-Bukhari 8.137, Narrated Abu Huraira, r.a.

I was catching up on the posts and I have to say that is one good quote. That is so true in life, we should all follow that.

Salamu Alaikum,

I think Ranya has a point, we say that the majority of muslims do not condone the violence and that it's the small minority that is disgracing muslims. We, should help those muslims, by showing them the error of their ways, "None of you truly believe until you love for your brother what you love for yourself", we do not want ourselves doing bad and being led astray by our anger, we shouldn't want our brothers doing so.

There was something I think is a very true statment said by our previous prime minister to one of my muslim brothers. He and I think 11 other brothers across Canada went to Toronto to meet our old Prime Minister in 2005 and the Prime minister said "When I went to talk to the Christians I know who to call, When I want to talk to the Jews, I know who to call, but when I want to talk to the Muslims, who am I supposed to call?"All the brothers went quiet, for the Prime Minister to talk to the muslims he had to bring 12 Sheikhs from across Canada, but when he wants to talk to Christians or Jews there is one person that represents them that he can talk to. Now, put that on a global scale, we have 100 leaders that say they represent Islam and naturally, non-muslims don't know who to judge. The media portrays "terrorists" so that's who people see Islam as.

Salamu Alaikum