Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maidan shahr

Wahabbism Exposed

Whats the difference between WAHABISM & HANAFISM?

Wahabism is an idealogy that denies following a madhab. Hanafism is a madhab, called the Hanafi School. Wahabism is against following 1 particular madhab, like the Hanafi, Shafiee, Maliki, and Hanbali schools of thought.

What seperates WAHABIS from other muslims?

What is stated above, also their Aqeedah is not in-line with the rest of the Sunnis, or Shias. Shias and Sunnis differ in Aqeedah, but Wahabis also differ in Aqeedah from the rest of the muslims. Their fiqh (jurisprudence) also differs, as noted above. Most traditional muslims follow 1 school of thought, while wahabis mix and match, and add their own spice to things.

In terms of Aqeedah they define god's qualities as that of the human being, stating god has a hand, finger, etc, and he SWT sits. they say he does these things, but not like humans, while the rest of the muslims do not make such assumptions.

What is the main objection of WAHABIS against other sects within Islam?

Their main objection is other sects are mis-guided, and they are the only true interpreters of the Quran and Sunnah. After 1400 years, they interpret the Quran and Sunnah very literally, and say the other sects have rulings that are not within the Quran and Sunnah. From an Aqeedah standpoint, they also differ as they call the other Aqeedahs of the sunnis mis-guided, and wrong. they say muslims have introduced too much innovation into religion, and many of the practices were never done by the Prophet SAW or his companions.

Whats the main objection of other sects against WAHABIS?

The main objection is that they are a political group, misguided in Aqeedah and Fiqh, and here to disrupt muslims and make them quarrel within each other on small issues rather than paying attention to the big picture. People in the world know they were introduced by the British, brought by them, and funded by them. The Founders helped overthrow the Khilafat, and their friends & allies are the current rulers of places like Saudi Arabia (the Saud family).

also, may ALmighty Allah rid the Ummah of this curse

PropellerAds

Salaam,

Maybe I'm being overly subjective but I tend to understand 'basic' Islamic discussions.... whilst I know the Wahabbis are the domenant sect in KSA and that they tend to be really fundamentalist or

make them quarrel within each other on small issues rather than paying attention to the big picture

I though discussions over the different schools of Islamic Jurisprudence tended to belong in 'advanced' (because even if they don't start comlicated, they soon end up that way , lol)

still, thank you for posting the article, it adds to smething I asked on a day or so ago...

would I be out of line in suggesting that focusing on the larger picture tends to cause less division as it allows for individual opinions on everythnig else?

Peace and Love,

DARLA

As-salaamu 'alaikum

Just to add a different article but with the same name:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_sultan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/wahabism.html"]Wahhabism Exposed[/url]

However, I am sure that this thread may fall under sect talk, and I believe that it is prohibited on IF.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

Guest amani

:D

IF does not allow discussions of different sects in Islam. This complex issue will require more than ordinary Muslim's knowledge to engage into various theological differences and interpretations of Islam. All Muslims should make Quran and Sunnah their only source of guidance. Therefore, we advise everyone to stay away from all sects. Please read about them in our 'Avoid All Sects and Cults' forum, here:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_forums.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showforum=163[/url]