Islamic Forum
desertdweller

Brothers And Sisters Please Do Not Support Hip Hop And Rap Music

:D

May Allah guide these people.....

From the late 1980s until today, many Five Percenters are found among the East Coast/West Coast/Midwest cities of New York City, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Chicago, and Los Angeles, especially among the Hip-Hop scene. Hip-Hop artists such as Rakim, Wu Tang Clan, Brand Nubian, Nas, AZ, Nine, and many others had success spreading the theology of the Five Percenters, in part using the coded language of Supreme Mathematics (which represent universal law and order) and the Supreme Alphabet ostensibly to forge solidarity with the inner-city youth through a common language. The main theme of the Five-Percenter that can be heard on hip-hop records is the teaching that the Original Blackman is God, the Original Blackwoman is the planet Earth, and through the inner esoteric powers of the Gods and Earths, the youth can transform and possess their true potential, the potential it seems to overthrow the overbearing oligarchy, by becoming just rulers of themselves.

source:you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_en.wikipedia(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/wiki/The_Nation_of_Gods_and_Earths

There are many songs out there that sing about Islam, do not be fooled! These people are going against Islam by promoting racial violence, claiming to be gods themselves and so on.

PropellerAds

why would we be listening to them anyway?

because some people choose not to believe that music is haram. yeh heard of some called ghetto quran dunno what its about though.

Ameen.

Asalam alaikum brothers and sisters

I have never loved or enjoyed listening to hip hop or rap so and so.

Music is clearly haraam.

May Allah (swt) guide the misguided and give all muslim brothers and sisters mercy and strength to remain patient, firm, generous and faithful. Ameen

Walaikum Salam.

I have never liked rap, but May Allah Guide these misguided souls.

Asalaam Alikum

From a mis-guided Brother to a Brother, please make dua that Allah guides my soul. I listen to a lot of 'Islamic' rap, even I know it haram. :D

Hip Hop? Sounds interesting. Is it new? :D

I believe many members of The Nation Of Islam are in Hip Hop acts, perhaps they are less Islamic than you lot?

Its always a competition isn't it, being holier than thou 'n' all that. B)

The nation of Islam has not anything to do with the real Islam!

They actually use a funny version of the bible as their holy text :D ..

Plz read up on them Hipster..

But still a warning against the evils of Hip Hop? :D :D

Sorry what decade are we in?

Sometimes I wonder how many of you lot actually read before posting. This article is about the 5% nation aka Nation of Gods and Earths which is something DIFFERENT from NOI.

Geez.

Either way, bad news. And, believe it or not, some people convert to Islam. That means that maybe they listened to hip hop before they even know what Islam was :D

AS

Asalaam Alikum

From a mis-guided Brother to a Brother, please make dua that Allah guides my soul. I listen to a lot of 'Islamic' rap, even I know it haram. :D

InshaAllah Brother with time you will be able to give it up. I would suggest that everytime you want to listen to it, why not listen to some recitations of the Qur'an? Nothing is more beautiful to our ears.

Sometimes I wonder how many of you lot actually read before posting. This article is about the 5% nation aka Nation of Gods and Earths which is something DIFFERENT from NOI.

Geez.

Either way, bad news. And, believe it or not, some people convert to Islam. That means that maybe they listened to hip hop before they even know what Islam was :D

AS

Please brother you do know that the 5 percenters broke off from NOI. I heard a really sad fact the other day, of all the Muslims in America, at one point 42 % are African American, and now for the first time that number is dropping!! Less African Americans are converting to Islam :D

i never like rap or hip hop anyway :D

:D br Chrism Allah will help you in your quest :D

i never like rap or hip hop anyway :D

:D br Chrism Allah will help you in your quest :D

Asalaam Alikum

Thank's Sis. I am really trying believe me. I've just always had music in my life, but know that that has to stop. Allah WILL help me, if I can help myself my stopping.

music i think is like an addiction... so i would say slow and steady will win the race. :D i hope everything goes well. :D

As SAlaam Alaikum,

Sorry but I find your reasoning wrong. Just becuase a small minority of rappers are these people, it doesn't mean that the rest of them are... and hte rest of hip hop/rap should not be supported.

Talk abou the degrading women and the black community, which the VAST majoirty of rap music does, and then I'll support such a cause.

Your reasons just don't support the majority or even the vast.

salaam

Edited by --**MinorityOpinions**--

Your reasons just don't support the majority or even the vast.

How about the fact that they are singing about their beliefs and throwing Islam into it and degrading society as a whole? Isnt that enough reason? The fact that they are going the teachings of Islam is reason enough, without Islam where would women be? Islam is the foundation of people's rights.....the last time I checked.

:D deserdweller,

How about the fact that they are singing about their beliefs and throwing Islam into it and degrading society as a whole? Isnt that enough reason? The fact that they are going the teachings of Islam is reason enough, without Islam where would women be? Islam is the foundation of people's rights.....the last time I checked.

Again a very SMALL minority of hip artist are 5 percenters.

And second, these people:

Rakim, Wu Tang Clan, Brand Nubian, Nas, AZ, Nine

aren't even mainstream hip hop artist, besides Nas; and while the Wu Tang Clan use to be big, they aren't anymore. Rakim is a legend in hip hop, but he hasn't released a hit in years, and his bright spot was in the late 80s and maybe early 90s.

You are acting like the 6 (with the exception of just oe) above are the artists that are on the radios, are the ones with the #1 hits, and their the ones with theor videos are being played on BET and MTV, well they aren't.

Have you ever listened to these people? Have you ever read their lyrics? Do you even know their "status" in hip hop today? What about the artist who are being listened to today and the ones with the hits? What do you know about them? Are they 5 percenters as welll? What are they saying in tehir lyrics about Islam? What are their names? Could you give me their songs?? WHo is doing what? And how many hip-hop artist are doing this?

You have taken 6 people--- who are mostly not even mainststream anymore, and who no longer have platinum albums--- and calling for a boycott on hip hop because of them. Sorry but thoes 6 and the beliefs that tehy hold do not reflect the main beliefs of most rap artist.

salaam

Sister you are so quick to defend garbage that is part of society's moral corruption and attack your own sister! You just assume that I am some ignorant Muslim and I have no clue of what kind of music is out there...

And the rappers I listed, are the ones they listed on their website JUST to name a few!

Have you ever listened to these people? Have you ever read their lyrics?

Yes and yes and I that music GOES against Islam

Why do you care to defend such garbage? DO you know on the Day of Judgement your ears will testify to Allah what you made them listen to? I hope you are not listening to that filth.

:D desertdweller,

Sister you are so quick to defend garbage that is part of society's moral corruption and attack your own sister!

Excuse me but I origianlly gave you a very descent reply that did not attack what you knew and what you did not. YOU on the other hand was not satisified with that and decided to attack me

because i didn't support your reasons to stop supporting hip hop and rap.

You just assume that I am some ignorant Muslim and I have no clue of what kind of music is out there...

Hmmm, not exactly.

And the rappers I listed, are the ones they listed on their website JUST to name a few!

LOL. I read the website, and if they could only come up with names of poeple who aren't mainstream, who aren't being played on the radio, and whose videos aren't on the video stations... that shows how LITTLE these 5 percenters are present and have some control over hip hop/rap.

Yes and yes and I that music GOES against Islam

And again, how many mainstream rap artist are 5 percenters? How many have lyrics against Islam?

Why do you care to defend such garbage?

Because i feel that you are lying about the vast majority of this genre of music.

DO you know on the Day of Judgement your ears will testify to Allah what you made them listen to? I hope you are not listening to that filth.

Why do you bring up Judgement day? I'm so sick of Muslims bringing up judgement day and what they "hope" others aren't doing as if I can't see through their sarcastic attitudes. Don't even try it desertdweller. The tone of your post already shows the little respect you have for other Muslims who disagree with your reasoning. You want to impose something on a whole group of people, because of a very small minority in that group. I'm not down with that. Wat you posted does NOT reflect the vast majority.

Worry about own ears and what they will tell on you on judgement day, ok? Don't study mines.

salaam

... of all the Muslims in America, at one point 42 % are African American, and now for the first time that number is dropping!! Less African Americans are converting to Islam :D

Is that what it means? Or does it mean more people of different nationalities are converting?

AS

Well Sister since you are assuming what my intentions are then it's fair for me to do the same for you?

According to you I should not encourage my brothers and sisters to stay away from things that are not permissible in Islam.

Is that what it means? Or does it mean more people of different nationalities are converting?

AS

the sister who told me this said they have found that less african americans are converting.

Excuse me but I origianlly gave you a very descent reply that did not attack what you knew and what you did not. YOU on the other hand was not satisified with that and decided to attack me

because i didn't support your reasons to stop supporting hip hop and rap.

I cannot believe your attitude towards our Sister of Islam.

Despite the warnings of your attitide towards others, you seem to not want to listen!

The tone of your post already shows the little respect you have for other Muslims who disagree with your reasoning. You want to impose something on a whole group of people, because of a very small minority in that group. I'm not down with that. Wat you posted does NOT reflect the vast majority.

Worry about own ears and what they will tell on you on judgement day, ok? Don't study mines.

Your instant attacks upon Muslims should put fear in your heart if you have Taqwah. :D

---------------------

Visit my new Islamic Site:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_hstrial-besmail.homestead(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/Islam.html[/url]

WIN A PRIZE NOW!

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamic-faith(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/111.html[/url]

i'm a somali and poetry is everything in my culture whether it's giving advice,politics,stories being passed down through generations etc..

to the point where my country was known to many other countries as"land of the bards"

poetry is not haraam and rap is poetry

music is haraam and what most of these modern day rappers rap about is haraam but do not generalize about a whole group of people known as african americans culture

they make up half the muslim population in north america so check yourselves.

if u were speaken about rappers like 50 and the NOI rappers then i do agree with what your saying but the concept of rap is not haraam.

salaam