Islamic Forum
seven

Email/sms Shirk?

Salaam.

These emails and SMS that require to be passed on, are they on low levels of Shirk?

They say pass them on to certain amount of people, in certain amount of days and some wish or some other thing will come true. Is that not Shirk?

PropellerAds

:D

yeah i think it is! There is nothing that has power over anything save Allah! And these e-mails and sms are shirk. lower or higher form, i cant say.

w/salaam

Its similar to believing in omesn

At-Tiyarah (taking bad omens) was once mentioned before Allah's Messenger (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) and he (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) said, "The best form of it is Al-Fa'l (optimism or the expectation that a event will occur by Allah's Permission). It does not prevent a Muslim from his object. Whenever any of you sees something he dislikes he should pray: 'O Lord, none but You bring good things! None but you prevent evil things! There is no power and no strength except in You.' "

It is narrated from Ibn Mas'ud (May Allah be pleased with him) in a Marfu` Hadith:

"At-Tiyarah is Shirk, At-Tiyarah is Shirk. There is none among us who does not feel something in his heart about At­-Tiyarah. But Allah, due to deep trust in Him, removes it."

[This Hadith was reported by At-Tirmidhi and Abu Dawud.]

Ahmad reported from Ibn 'Amr the following Hadith:

"Whoever is turned back by At-Tiyarah (bad omens) has committed Shirk" They asked, "What makes the atonement for such a sin?" The Prophet (May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon him) answered, "To say: 'O Lord, there is no good except the good which You bestow. There is no evil except the evil which You decree. And there is no true God except You.' "

Fadl bin Abbas (May Allah be pleased with him) is reported to have said:

"At-Tiyarah is that which causes you to carry something out or that turns you back (from your mission)."

(Musnad Ahmad)

[Kitab-ut-Tawheed]

Edited by al-malabari

As-salaamu 'alaikum

For some reason I get a lot of emails of this nature, and I have a standard reply which I send to the one who sent it to me and everyone else it was sent to, so I click 'reply all', and here it is:

Bismillaahir-Rahmaanir-Raheem

InnAl-Hamdu lillaahi Rabbil-'Aalameen as-Salaatu was-Sallam ar-Rasoulullah ar’kareem…

As-salaamu ‘alaikum

My dear brothers and sisters in al-Islam,

I implore you to fear Allaah and to refrain from sending emails that have the promise of good luck if you forward them and bad luck if you do not, for verily this is shirk or at the very least it is what leads to shirk.

Allaah says (which means): “Verily, Allaah will not forgive Shirk, but He forgives anything besides it to whomsoever He wishes.†(4:48)

And: “Allaah is the Creator of all things, and He is the Wakil (Trustee, Disposer of Affairs, Guardian, etc.) over all things.†(39:62)

So it is Allaah who is the Trustee, the Disposer of Affairs and Guardian, and our fortunes and misfortunes are not dependent on whether we forward an email or not.

The email in question said: “You must send this on in 3 hours after reading the letter to 10 other people. If you do this, you will receive unbelievably good luck in love. The person that you are most attracted to will soon return to you, if you do not, bad luck will rear its ugly head at you... You MUST send this on or face dreadfully bad luck.†So I beg the question: How is this type of email any different from belief in good look charms? The answer: IT IS NOT!

So the email in question is in actuality a good luck charm and has no place in the perfect and complete deen of al-Islam. Furthermore, when the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) saw that a man who wanted to become a Muslim was wearing an amulet (a charm) he refused to take his oath, as is illustrated in the following hadeeth:

‘Uqbah (radee Allaahu ‘anhu), one of the companions of the Prophet (sall-Allaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam), reported that once a group of men approached Allaah's messenger (sall-Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) to give their allegiance to him, and he accepted the oath from nine of them but refused to accept it from one. When they asked him why he refused their companion's oath, he replied: “Verily, he is wearing an amulet (a charm worn to bring good fortune or avert evil).†The man who was wearing the amulet put his hand in his cloak, pulled the amulet off and broke it then made the oath. The Prophet (sall-Allaahu alayhi wa sallam) then said: “Whoever wears an amulet has committed Shirk.†(Musnad of Imaam Ahmed bin Hanbal)

My dear brothers and sisters in al-Islam,

I beseech you to break the chain of the types of emails in question, and to fear Allaah. I ask that you seek ‘ilm (knowledge) of this perfect and complete deen, starting with Tawheed and knowledge of Allaah and His most beautiful and perfect Asma was-Sifaat (names & attributes/qualities), and to implement that ‘ilm (knowledge), and I ask Allaah to guide us all to the siratul mustaqim (straight path) and to keep us on it.

Jazaakumullaahu khair!

Subahanaka Allaahuma wa bihamdika ashadu a laa illa illah anta astagfirouka wa at-tabu ilaik.

Was-salaamu ‘alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

Obviously the same is applicable to sms messages, and the above standard reply can be adapted accordingly.

Was-salaamu 'alaikum

Aboo Uthmaan

:D amu abu uthmaan, that reply will come in very handy, as I have been getting a few of these emails recently.

LOLzzzz.

This is to all the simple people who fall into this trap. Ever wonder who gave your email address to junk email senders of "enlarge this" or ""? This is a way for spammers to get a hold of your email addresses so you can be bombarded with junk emails.

What happens is spammers create an email; insert into it a program that does nothing but email its servers back. Each time an Allah fearing person forwards that email to 10/20/whatever the case maybe buddies, the program emails a copy back itself too. So the program adds the new email addresses to its database. Each time its forwarded the more email addresses gets added. At the end they get your email address and you get junk email from spam to .

Shakeel Laevanay

assalaamu alaykum,

anyone not replying to this thread will have their belly button come un-done and therefore their bottom fall off.

ok i made it up, but so is all the other crap you get like this through email and txt, i always send back a polite reply the first time not to send me forwarded shirky emails like this and someone more funny like the above 2nd time.

assalaamu alaykum,

Daw'ud