Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Ezkerraldean

Please........

hi, i felt i had to join.......

to all the muslims here, PLEASE dont go round thinking the "west" is out to get you. PLEASE!!!! after seeing all this danish cartoon stuff, i cant help thinking the whole world is slowly slipping further into intolerance and ignorance. i cant stand it. Denmark is a good respectable free nation. Its not the country, but the newspaper that started it all that should be protested [peacefully] at.

sometimes i feel so guilty when i see innocent good muslims "attacked" by ignorant westerners, i remember once in Speakers corner in Hyde Park in London seeing a man talking to a group about how muslims must try to convince non-muslims that they are nice people, not terrorists etc. he seemed like a really respectable guy, and then along comes this fat guy in a hat who starts shouting him down - "Islam is the religion of hatred and evil, the koran tells people to kill non-muslims, muslims want to kill all non-muslims" etc. the poor muslim speaker guy just couldnt cope. i felt so sorry for him. if i wasnt with my parents, i could have smacked that fat guy in the face....... im off to london for the weekend next week, hopefully i wont see anymore of that.

reading it again, i doubt any of that actually means much...... im sorry, im such a mess

PropellerAds
hi, i felt i had to join.......

to all the muslims here, PLEASE dont go round thinking the "west" is out to get you. PLEASE!!!! after seeing all this danish cartoon stuff, i cant help thinking the whole world is slowly slipping further into intolerance and ignorance. i cant stand it. Denmark is a good respectable free nation. Its not the country, but the newspaper that started it all that should be protested [peacefully] at.

sometimes i feel so guilty when i see innocent good muslims "attacked" by ignorant westerners, i remember once in Speakers corner in Hyde Park in London seeing a man talking to a group about how muslims must try to convince non-muslims that they are nice people, not terrorists etc. he seemed like a really respectable guy, and then along comes this fat guy in a hat who starts shouting him down - "Islam is the religion of hatred and evil, the koran tells people to kill non-muslims, muslims want to kill all non-muslims" etc. the poor muslim speaker guy just couldnt cope. i felt so sorry for him. if i wasnt with my parents, i could have smacked that fat guy in the face....... im off to london for the weekend next week, hopefully i wont see anymore of that.

reading it again, i doubt any of that actually means much...... im sorry, im such a mess

Hi

Welcome to IF .Hope u wont see any of that again.

Some links u could read:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.al-sunnah(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/bestway.htm"]Best Way to live and Die[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_sultan(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/articles/wmww.html"]Whome must we worship[/url]

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=18031"]FAQ on Islam[/url]

:D

I think the root of this problem is the prevailing ignorance (on both sides) of the life of Muhammad (peace be upon him), his teachings, his conduct and his traditions we seem have abandoned en mass.

Muslims would not be in the mess we are in today had we stayed true to his most excellent example. Similarly, non-Muslims would begin to understand why Muslims love him so much if they are familiar with his character.

It is time we learned more about him and more importantly, follow in his footsteps. This is a good place to start:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/introducingislam/Prophet/Man_Message/article07.shtml"]Best Biographies of the Prophet Muhammad[/url]

hi

back from london!

coincidentally, i saw the same speaker guy in hyde park! i was quite suprised. people were listening to him properly this time, thankfully.

i also saw the protest in trafalgar square (albeit from a bus for about 30 seconds) but it looked very organised and respectable. hopefully they got the points across.

I think the root of this problem is the prevailing ignorance (on both sides) of the life of Muhammad (peace be upon him), his teachings, his conduct and his traditions we seem have abandoned en mass.

Muslims would not be in the mess we are in today had we stayed true to his most excellent example. Similarly, non-Muslims would begin to understand why Muslims love him so much if they are familiar with his character.

It is time we learned more about him and more importantly, follow in his footsteps. This is a good place to start:

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.islamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/English/introducingislam/Prophet/Man_Message/article07.shtml"]Best Biographies of the Prophet Muhammad[/url]

Great post. Worth quoting so others can read it 2 times for emphasis :D

AS

Let me commment:

I think the root of this problem is the prevailing ignorance (on both sides)

Up to that point I fully agree.

of the life of Muhammad (peace be upon him), his teachings, his conduct and his traditions we seem have abandoned en mass

It is not enough to know this. It is equally important to share the cultural frame that produces so many misundestandings.

What upsets many European is that a government is made responsible for the content of newspapers not owned by the government. No one in his senses punishes an innocent person for group or what another person did. Regardless how outrageous the deed is.

Muslims would not be in the mess we are in today had we stayed true to his most excellent example. Similarly, non-Muslims would begin to understand why Muslims love him so much if they are familiar with his character

You're contradicting Yourself. If they really loved Mohammad, they would have stayed to his example. "Your deeds speak louder than Your words".

What we see on tv is a rallying minority. But these people show no love, but fanatism. it could be described as over-emphasis on Mohammad. For, if the insults were not against Muhammad, but against God, the reaction could not have been stronger (but only in the sense that more people joined the protesting masses). So, I conclude: These people make no distinction between God and Mohammad, both are on the same level.

This I call fanatism.