Islamic Forum
dot

How To Respond To The New Wave Against Islam

:D

I'm sure everyone noticed we get more newbies joining here nowadays just to insult everyone, saying horrible things, and sometime trying to post horrible pictures too.

I have a little advice to give to all our dear Muslim members:

please realize that our topics get documented, and before you know it, are indexed by google and other search engines. Its a golden opportunity for us to explain our case, and defent our faith, in the manner that we learned from the Quran, with humbleness, wisdom amd tolerance. Or we can be as horrible and scary, contradictory to what Islam is all about.

I notice that many of us reply word for word, sometimes even returning the insults. Please understand that your reply is not read by the poster you're replying to alone, but by the rest of the world. This puts great responsibilty on your shoulders. We need to teach Islam by example, and if we were bad example, we will be held accountable.

Always try to reply to the questions, as if you're addresing the world. Be cool, and polite. Represent Islam as much as you know, not as much as your anger gets you. Forget about the insulter, many of those don't even care to come back to the forum to read your reply. But every post they make is a new chance for you to show the world the manners of Islam, and insha'Allah I assure you it works. The striking opposite is always eye and heart catching, between good and bad manners. Every crisis has a time frame, then they disappear from the scene, but those topics and your replies will always be there, as a proof, either with you or against you.

Its your choice, so make your choice now, and please choose wisely.

(here is an example of such topics: (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=25260"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?showtopic=25260)[/url]

PropellerAds

that is a nice reminder :D

We dont have to agree with everything people say, but if u wanna disagree be polite and courteous as Rasulullah :D was.

subhanALLAH..this is an important reminder...

Jazak Allah khairun

assalamaualikum,

thanks for that reminder. ive found that Gawaher is usually the first thing that comes up when I search for Islamic stuff.

Edited by baree_

Brothers and Sisters,

My humblest appologies! :D I really just did not... well he said such disrespectful stuff about Allah :D :D

I'm sorry :D

I will try and be more collected and civilized next time. Wouldn't happend again, inshallah :D

w/salaam

THANK YOU for posting this reminder. SO MANY people EVERYONE here should read this and keep it in mind :D

AS

:D for the advice brother :D

:D for the reminder brothe dot. I admit that I have gotten upset over what is being said not only on this forum, but in the newspapers that are being delivered to my home. At my work for the past few days I have been harassed and told nasty things to my face just for practising my religion. Alhumdullilah Allah blessed me with a new job.

InshaAllah I hope I didnt offend anyone.

I just cant accept the hate, because if I did, then the haters win.

Edited by desertdweller

We must avoid anger at all times, but satire may be replied with satire.

An example is a post (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showtopic=25283&view=findpost&p=239072"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.gawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/index.php?s=&showto...ndpost&p=239072[/url] where a member, who is a Jew, has stated a ridiculous period for the end of this world, I have responded in a similar tone.

Wassalam

I'm all about being cool and polite but this recent wave of ignorance is not here to learn about Islam (maybe a hand full) they here to argue with us. In fact if they were here to understand Islam there is Sections for them to do so. But were are they posting the "Political Font" (and General Chat when they see something that sparks them). And this an Islamic thread they shouldn't be able to say anything they well please about Islam and Muslims. I say any newbie that has just recently joined and is only posting in the General Chat and Political Front should be banned. Take some control.

Sister salafi zahra, please understand.

Dawah is not an abc task. You must be prepared to meet with the lowest of people. If among a 1000 new members just one of them hanged around and started taking interest in Islam, then we won a new friend to our side, and possibly a new brother or sister later on. It takes a lot of dirt to come up with a diamond from among a heap of ashes. Its fine if you prefer to stay clean and pure, but you will not find any jewels.

Its what we do sister, me, the IF team, and a lot of dedicated members, trying to find jewels from among the ashes. Ashes always come easy and go easy, scattered in the air, leaving and revealing the jewels. Thats why we do have a lot of jewels in this community masha'Allah.

Jewels is the name of this site (gawaher: jewels).

:D brother, for a wonderful post and a reminder which we should have as a sticky. :D

Wassalam

Sister salafi zahra, please understand.

Dawah is not an abc task. You must be prepared to meet with the lowest of people. If among a 1000 new members just one of them hanged around and started taking interest in Islam, then we won a new friend to our side, and possibly a new brother or sister later on. It takes a lot of dirt to come up with a diamond from among a heap of ashes. Its fine if you prefer to stay clean and pure, but you will not find any jewels.

Its what we do sister, me, the IF team, and a lot of dedicated members, trying to find jewels from among the ashes. Ashes always come easy and go easy, scattered in the air, leaving and revealing the jewels. Thats why we do have a lot of jewels in this community masha'Allah.

Jewels is the name of this site (gawaher: jewels).

I think you missed this part of my post "... if they were here to understand Islam there is Sections for them to do so." it's not found in the political font ahki. It should be noted that bad company will bring nothing but bad behavior, so we should protect ourselves against that. And if we keep allowing them to come in, there will so much dirt here that this forum will be a fossil at the end of the day.

"... if they were here to understand Islam there is Sections for them to do so."

Sister dear indeed we have dedicated sections but dawah isn't confined to single space. A person doesn't just go to a Masjid to spread Islam, it can be anywhere from your school to your workplace to a stay in a hospital ward taking each and every moment as a golden opportunity inshaa'Allaah.

Assalamu Alaikum, I see what you are saying Sis. Zahra, I have gone through some of those posts, and even in the other sections there are people who post weird things, which somtimes really get to us, and Alhamdulillah that is a sign that we have love for our Deen, and we should be thankful to Allah that He has accepted us and is keping the light of Faith kindling in our hearts.

I have noticed that when you do not get emotional, and reply to them in a constructive manner, not putting them down, or disgracing them, but explaining to them in a respectful way, then if they are really out there to just make fun or tease, and see that we are not taking it the way the want us to, then they just leave, believe me that will be their last post, others who are serious, will keep questioning and questioning and they eventually calm down and try to understand.

All we need is a bit of Patience. And also, we should be thankful to Allah Subhanaho Wa Taala, as it is because of His acceptance and Mercy that we are Muslims. InshaAllah if by our patience and wisdom, even one person becomes interested in Islam sincerely, then InshaAllah our Akhirah will be made. We have to do our part, and eventually it is Allah who will guide people who He accepts. Did not RasoosAllah Sallallahu Alaihi Wa Sallam cry even over His deathbed for his Ummah.

Please Brothers and Sisters take what I have posted in the positive way, I make dua for myself and all of you, that Allah always keep us on the right path, and use us as guiding lights.

Assalamu Alaikum, umAhmad.

Asalamualaikum wa rahmatullah wa baraketuh,

Jazzakallaher for your reminder.

Brothers and sisters always remember this is also a trial by Allah subhana wa t´Allah . We should try and control ourselves.

The only thing Icould think of are more strick forum rules for example a new member can only visit certain sections as Welcome or Islam for beginners. Allahu alam.

wa alaikum asalam

We tried that before, but it didn't work.

Its the political sections that drive most non-Muslims to this forum.

Allow them access to Islamic sections only, and you'll end up having one in a hundred as much non-Muslims. Registering here is a good start in itself. Then, being in an Islamic forum, some of them may eventually become attached to the idea of exploring Islam. However small that percentage is, its still a plus.

Looking at it from that angle, it becomes important to follow sisters shiningstar and umAhmad's advices. Every poster in the non-Islamic sections is a possible candidate to explore Islam and come closer to the real facts. Its up to us, to either scare them away, or attract them and display ourselves as living examples of the manners of the Quran.

:D Thank you for the reminder, Dot. May Allah :swt: give us the patience to deal with these people in the best manner.

If someone is being rude and trying to insult us, and they're not listening, we should either respond kindly or just ignore them.

brother dot, brothers and sisters.

im afraid im one of the culprits. i apologise for my conduct and shall try to restrain myself during moments of anger. it is not easy sometimes.

some of the blasfemous slander and insults posted by non muslims in the last few days has really surprised me. i dont mind posting answers in defence of Islam and muslims, but some of the wicked posts dont even deserve a reply. they are here just to insult.

perhaps moderators can decide if a post is just a troll and delete the post and warn the poster. some non muslim posts are strong but deserve an answer. if moderators can edit the first (trolls) im sure more muslims would not feel the need to retaliate.

however , thank you dot, your advice has come at an opportune time, as there currently are some whom i regard as trolls posting with the intention of upsetting muslims. please all, DONT FEED THE TROLLS.

if i may say so, brother thezman is a fine example of someone whom keeps his cool in inflamatory situations. some of us should look to him as an example to follow. i know i will.

zukiful.

Right brother. The best tactic is to always address the issue, not the person.

As mentioned above, our replies get documented, and indexed in google and other search engines. Do not address the person's insult, but rather give a good and cool argument to the case, that everyone else will read in the future. The more contrasting the level of politeness between both parties show in the flow of the discussion, the better for our advantage, whenever an outsider reads the whole thing later on.