Islamic Forum
- IQRA -

Benefits Of The Prophetic Food

:D

inshALLAH the following may be of some benefit....

Benefits of the Prophetic food

Read & find out what kind of food our beloved prophet used to eat … get the benefit ….

Vinegar

A food Prophet Muhammad (SAW) used to eat with olive oil.

Milk:

The Prophet (SAW) said that milk wipes away heat from the heart just as the finger wipes away sweat from the brow. It strengthens the back, improved the brain, renews vision and drives away forgetfulness.

Honey:

Considered to be the best remedy for diarrhea when mixed in hot water. It is the food of foods, drink of drinks and drug of drugs. It is used for creating appetite, strengthening the stomach, eliminating phlegm; as a meat preservative, hair conditioner, eye salve and mouthwash. It is extremely beneficial in the morning in warm water and is also a Sunnah.

Olive oil:

Excellent treatment for skin and hair, delays old age, and treats inflammation of the stomach.

Mushroom:

The Prophet (SAW) said that mushroom is a good cure for the eyes; it also serves as a form of birth control and arrests paralysis.

Grapes:

The Prophet (SAW) was very fond of grapes - it purifies the blood, provides vigor and health, strengthens the kidneys and clears the bowels.

Dates:

The Prophet (SAW) said that a house without dates has no food also to be eaten at the time of childbirth.

Figs:

It is a fruit from paradise and a cure for piles.

Barley:

Good for fever in a soup form.

Melon:

The Prophet (SAW) said: "None of your women who are pregnant and eat of water melon will fail to produce off spring who are good in countenance and good in character."

Pomegranate:

The Prophet (SAW) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.

Water:

The Prophet (SAW) said the best drink in this world and the next is water; when you are thirsty drink it by sips and not gulps, gulping produces sickness of the liver

So praise be to our beloved Nabi (SAW) who related to us this marvelous knowledge which dazzles the wisest minds. May this information be beneficial to all of us Insha'Allah.

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.lutonmuslims.co.uk/prphtfood.htm"]Source[/url]

PropellerAds

Assalamu Alaikum IQRA, that was very useful information indeed, some of the things I did not know like the MUSHROOMS AND MELON, InshaAllah will try to find out more about it. And could you check what you wrote about the Dates, it is a bit confusing.

I cannot open the link of the source, it is some problem with my computer, it always gives me problems with opening links.

Wassalamu Alaikum. aunty masooma.

Pomegranate:

The Prophet (SAW) said it cleanses you of Satan and evil aspirations for 40 days.

Is this correct? Has anyone got a reference for this?

I cannot open the link of the source, it is some problem with my computer, it always gives me problems with opening links.

it works fine for me sis

(www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.lutonmuslims.co.uk/prphtfood.htm"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_www.lutonmuslims.co.uk/prphtfood.htm[/url]

Actually none of those hadith mentioned on that site have the source...

I've never come across that one about pomegranates but these are authentic:

There are Three references of the Pomegrenate in the Qur'an under the name of Rumman (its Qur'anic name). The references can be found in;

"We bring forth the green blade from, which we bring forth the thick clustered grain; and from the date palm, from the pollen thereof, spring pendant bunches; and (We bring forth) gardens of grapes, and the olive and the pomegranate, alike and unlike."

[surah vi,Verse 99]

"He it is Who produceth gardens trellised and untrellised, and the date palm, and crops of divers flavor, and the olive and the pomegranate , like and unlike."

Surah vi,Verse 141]

"Wherein is fruit, the date palm and pomegranate .Which is it, of the favors of your Lord, that ye deny?"

[surah LV,Verse 68]

There are also a number of ahadith on the Pomegranate;

Anas bin Malik (Radhiyallahu anhu) narrated that Rasulullah said,

"There is not a pomegranate which does not have a pip from one of the pomegranate of the Garden(of Jannah) in it."

[Abu Nu'aim]

Rasulullah said,

"Pomegranate and its rind strengthen digestion(stomach)."

[narrated Ali(radhiyallahu anhu), Abu Nuaim, Al-Jozi]

Sis Iqra can you please post the sources to those, or anyone else that may have them? :D

Sis Iqra can you please post the sources to those, or anyone else that may have them?

sorry the only source i have, is the above link.

Jazak Allah khairun for the ahadith's.

Taken from (www.)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/fatwa/fatwa.php?askid=132ed2c8f140c155851ee3d2eddec67"]Askimam(contact admin if its a beneficial link)[/url]:

The majority of these ahadith are not reliable.

Many Muhaddithin (masters in Hadith) have stated that the ahadith mentioned on the benefits of fruits like the melon, pomegranate etc are all unreliable or even fabricated.(Kashful Khafaa 1/278,1/423, al-Manar an-Munif Pg.128)

It is proven that Nabi (sallalahu alaihi wasallam) ate the majority of the items mentioned, however the specific benefits mentioned for most of these items are not proven from sound Ahadith.

and Allah Ta'ala Knows Best

Mufti Husain Kadodia

FATWA DEPT.

CHECKED & APPROVED: Mufti Ebrahim Desai (Fatwa Dept.)

Edited by anonymous