Islamic Forum

well heres my story,

when i was 14 i was at school with my friends and they were mainly muslim so i was inspired into why they wore a scarf and only ate halal meat and i started to ask questions which they didnt hesitate to answer as i got more and more inquizitive i got more and more interested i believed that Islam was the truth as the quran had never changed its story on how we were created and the bible had many times! my mother was catholic she brought me and my brother and sister up as catholics but she wasnt practising so in my eyes we didnt have a religion, so by the time i was 15 i approached my mom and i said mom i want to become a muslim and she said you gotta be joking not under my roof and i said why not and she said no daughter of mine is becoming an "arab" as she calls it with a rag on her head, and as i protested she ran towards me to hit me and i ran out the door and stayed at my friends house for two days untill she had time to calm down, and then i went home and it was never mentioned again, but by the time i was 16 i met my childrens father he is yemeni but has lived in the uk nearly all his life, we started a relationship and i fell pregnant with my daughter and my mom went mad about that too (as expected) so i moved out as all we did was argue, then the thought of converting didnt really cross my mind untill i was 18 when i thought im alone now i want to become a muslim there is nothing stopping me now as im not under my mothers roof so i read a few more books and thought for about a week if it was definitely what i wanted and i knew it was so i went to a Masjid in my area with another revert sister and there was 2 other sisters there and i said my shahada alhamdulilah and it was the best day of my life, people say your a newborn baby and i definitely felt it, its strange how you do actually feel different, after i converted i carried on practising for a while then i stopped practising, astockfrillah and i stopped 2 years ago and i finally remebered that i was a muslim and should be praying and reading quran, i always wore hijab and ate halal meat but inshallah i will now become a better muslimah with the help of all you MO sisters and inshallah Allah will give me the strngth to be a better muslimah.

i now attend Islamic classes every week and alhamdulilah i can feel the benefit of it, it really is helping me, inshallah i will carry on, on this path and end up in jannah one day.

so that was my story, long wasnt it lol well that was cutting it short!

walaykumsalaam sumayah

PropellerAds

Alsalaamu Alaykum

CONGRATS!!! :D MashaAllah, that's reeeeally great! :D Not just for you, but for us too. It's soooo good to hear that someone has converted to Islam! :D You've done the right thing. InshaAllah you will never waver and may Allah always keep you on the straight path.

Lotssss of Love, and Peace Be Upon You :D .

Assalamaualiukm,

:D !!! May you always be guided on the straight path!

Assalamo Alaikum, sister!

When you start a dialogue, or meet a Muslim, you must send the recommended salutations. In reply, the others will respond with Walaikum Assalam. This is basically to send blessings of Allah :D on each other. :D

The story was interesting and you really deserve to be congratulated on your leap. Insha Allah, you will get benefit in both, this world and the next.

One thing stands out though. You mentioned that he is your father's children. But you did not mention anything about marriage. Surely, you must be aware that extra-marital relationships are prohibited. In fact, people of the opposite gender are not even allowed to meet in private.

Wassalam

wassalaam!

wow! alhumdulila!

its always so great 2 read such inspiring stories of sisters and brothers reverting to the true path.

inshaAllah your iman will grow everyday and you will become closer to Allah.

i think we all have those times when we just stop practising,and unfortunately we give in to our nafs and the devils whispers,

but thankfully Allah is all merciful and forgiving and shows us the error of our ways and brings us bac 2 him. :D

asalaam

ur sister in Islam

don hijaabe

:D That's great news sister, welcome to Islam and welcome to Gawaher!

:D

:D Sister that was a truly wonderful story

:D your are in the light and praise b to Allah :D for taking you out of the darkness into the light

and what really interested me was that you were only 15 years old when you decided to become muslim and at the same time you were living with you non-muslim family

that's really brave of you but I hope :D that you Mother has accepted that you are a muslim now

p.s

Welcome into the Religon of Islam and Gawaher hope Inshallah that you will have a comfortable stay in here :D

your sister in Islam :D

Edited by islamgirl

MachaAllah! Wonderful story.

Carry on sister on this path (but take into consideration brother Aburafay's remarks). May Allah :D grant you Jannah.

Your brothers and sisters in this forum welcome any questions about Islam.

Assalaamualaikum

Jazakallahkir for sharing your story with us.

Take care.

Wassalaams.

this is great but your mother should not have tried to harm

u if you wanted to change your religon she should have

agreed because it is a free world. i

Assalamu alaykum

congratulations sister sumaya, Alhamdulliah alhamdulliah you have chosen the corret path, May Allah bless you, plz do ask any questions about Islam, Islam is a way of life, do not separate it, whatever u do is Islam and whatever u think is Islam, remember Allah always as much as you can and read Quran and hadeeth always, do teach Quran and convey the message it to others.

May Allah bless you sister and you may be guided as well as ur children

wasslamu alaykum

How very brave and strong of you to do this, given the story you've told us. This means something, it must be what is for you otherwise why go through all the trouble! Very cool story, I wish I was that strong when I was younger.....

Selamünaleyküm.

i am very happy and proud of you when i read something like that. the first what Allah send to the muslims was "ikra-bismirabikellezichalak" (read-read in the name of Allah). so its very important for a muslim to read the holy koran and other books.

here in germany and in other countrys its in the moment not easy to be a muslim. the most of the people in the world

has fear from Islam because they dont nothing from Islam. i hope the future will be different!

its very important that we live as a real good muslim, so the other people (not muslims) can see what the real Islam is.a helpful, friendly and a nice religion!!!

im sorry for my bad english.

mucahit (serhatg[at]web.de)

you have a beautiful name :D mashallah amazing yeah it makes me cry

you all pretty much highlighted everything i wanted to say :Cray: beauty

Kewl, Its always good to read the reasons for people reverting, It inspires all muslims to becoming better muslims.

In a times of fitnah people are still entering the fold of Islam, Imagine how mountains can be moved with dawah and unification.

Allah give me and the whole ummah to the ability to practise Islam to the fullest.

Ameen

:D sister for sharing...

w/salaam

:D sister, your story was great. May Allah strengthen all of our Eeman and may Allah give hadiat to your family.

Salam :sl:

Absolutely inspiring. I was close to 14 when I discovered Islam, also. Your story is wonderful.

By the way, how are the Islamic classes? Since I'll be a reverting Muslim, should I look into taking classes to gain more knowledge & such?

Wasalaam.