Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ummammaar

International Tv Turnoff Week - April 21, 2008 - April 27,

:sl:

I wasn't sure where to put this, like my previous thread on the Earth Day. The reason is that this is more of what can I do type, and not an Islamic studies/seminar/lecture/class type of event.

PLEASE, please Turn off the TV's next week to encourage more physical activity, quality family time, and so on. In other words, to promote a more productive, active, healthy lifestyle.

International TV Turnoff Week - April 21, 2008 - April 27, 2008[using large font size is not allowed]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettvturnoff(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yettvturnoff(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/[/url]

(you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetturnoffyourtv(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/turnoffweek/TV.turnoff.week.html"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetturnoffyourtv(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/turnoffweek/T...rnoff.week.html[/url]

About, FAQ, and alternative suggestions for children and families.

Edited by ummammaar

PropellerAds

:sl: dear muslims

Hmm Intresting....

Its true the TV and even Computers do take up so much we don't notice

That's right ^, this turn-off week could keep us grounded in terms of how we can dedicate time into other things that can bear good results in our lifestyle. :sl: sister.

It is important to turn of the TV because it sucks are time and minds away from important tasks.

Imagine if all the hours spent watching TV were spent improving the world? That won't happen but...

Honestly, too much television and too much TV make us sick and we need to see that.

TURN OFF THE TV!!

We didn't have a TV for a whole year but got one this week lol So how can we turn it off?

Assalamu alaikum, Turning off the TV for one week, is okay, but what after one week, go back to the same previous habits. It would be so much better if the parents gradually decreased the time they watched TV. and spent more time in each other's company and did things together, sharing and caring.

I am not saying don't watch TV. but limit time spent on it on a daily basis instead of shutting it off for a week, Here in my neighbourhood, I have heard kids saying that they made a deal with their parents and did not watch TV. for the whole last week, and starting Monday they are going to watch for half an hour extra to make up for the week, hehehehe, I WONDER WHO IS THE PARENT AND WHO ARE THE CHILDREN.

Assalamu alaikum.

I haven't watched TV in so long that I can't stand the sound of it! Especially when its loud. Especially commercials!