Islamic Forum
Mikey

A'isha (may Allah Be Pleased With Her)

Salam Aleykum,

All over the internet now people have not only been attaking our beloved prophet (saw) with the cartoons but also targetting the Messanger of Allah (saw) through A'isha (may Allah be pleased with her). They are calling Mohammad (saw) a paedophile and how could he get married to a 6 year old girl and this and that. Can anybody tell me how to dispute these false ideas in a nice way. How can i inform them that paedophilia is not the case.

Its really upsetting to read about these things about our prophet (saw)

Please help

Wa Aleykum Salam

PropellerAds

Salaam,

explain that different times and cultures have different rules. The virgin Mary was only 12-13 when she gave birth to Jesus and Romeo and Juliet would have only been 12-13 also. Mary Queen of Scots was betrothed aged six to the Dauphin.

Accept that in today's society we would find an older man having sex with a very young girl unacceptable, but Aisha married Mohammed a great many years ago when things were different.

Peace and Love,

DARLA

Salamu Alaikum,

If you go Islamweb(contact admin if its a beneficial link) you can actually find an article proving that this is not true, I mean we say that we should except it, but is it the truth? If it is the truth then we SHOULD except it, because the Prophet(PBUH) feared Allah more than anybody else, he wasn't going to be a Pedophile. He could have anything he wanted in a blink of an eye, He was offered Women and weath and position higher than any man on earth, he wouldn't have refused all that to be a poor pedophile (astagfurillah)

Salamu Alaikum

:D dear brothers and sisters

The Prophet married Aisha for the benefit of Islam and Humanity

Lets analyse...

The Prophet (SAW) married widows and elder women- the majority were older women and widows. He only married one young girl (apart of Maria), who is Aishah (RA). And why? Because she was an exception! Why? Read the following:

1. The Prophet married Aisha primarily for three reasons:

a. To reinforce the friendly relations already existing with Abu Bakr (his closest companion).

b. To educate and train Aisha for the purposes of Islam.

c. To utilise her capabilities for the sake of Islam.

2. Her Marriage with the prophet was a Wahy (Divine Revelation). She, herself relates from the Prophet. "He said, 'I saw you in dreams three times. The angel brought you to me and you were clad in white silk. He (the angel) said that it was your consort and he (angel) showed me by opening your face. You are just like that..." Sahih Muslim, Vol.2, p. 285.

3. Aisha (r.a.) was born after her parents had embraced Islam. Therefore, she was free from the defilement of polytheism right from her birth.

4. In her youth, already known for her striking beauty and her formidable memory, she came under the loving care and attention of the Prophet himself. As his wife and close companion she acquired from him knowledge and insight such as no woman has ever acquired.

Aisha lived on almost fifty years after the passing away of the Prophet. She had been his wife for a decade. Much of this time was spent in learning and acquiring knowledge of the two most important sources of God's guidance, the Qur'an and the Sunnah of His Prophet. Aisha (r.a.) was one of the three wives (the other two being Hafsa (r.a.) and Umm Salama (r.a.) who memorised the Revelation. Like Hafsa (r.a.), she had her own script of the Qur'an written after the Prophet had died.

So far as the Hadith or sayings of the Prophet is concerned, Aisha (r.a.) is one of four persons (the others being Abu Hurayra, Abdullah ibn Umar, and Anas ibn Malik) who transmitted more than two thousand sayings. From her, 2210 Hadith have come, out of which 174 Hadith are commonly agreed upon by both Bukhari and Muslim.

Many of her transmissions pertain to some of the most intimate aspects of personal behaviour which only someone in Aisha's position could have learnt. What is most important is that her knowledge of Hadith was passed on in written form by at least three persons including her nephew Urwah who became one of the greatest scholars among the generation after the Companions.

It is the claim of the Scholars of Islam that without her, half of the Ilm-I-Hadith [knowledge, understanding of the Hadith (and Islam)] would have perished.

5. Many of the learned companions of the Prophet and their followers benefited from Aishah's knowledge. Abu Musa al-Ash'ari once said:

"If we companions of the Messenger of God had any difficulty on a matter, we asked Aisha about it."

"Yahya related to me from Malik from Yahya ibn Said from Said ibn al-Musayyab that Abu Musa al-Ash'ari came to Aisha, the wife of the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, and said to her, "The disagreement of the companions in a matter which I hate to bring before you has distressed me." She said, "What is that? You did not ask your mother about it, so ask me." He said, "A man penetrates his wife, but becomes listless and does not ejaculate. "She said, "When the circumcised part passes the circumcised part ghusl is obligatory." Abu Musa added, "I shall never ask anyone about this after you."

Al-Muwatta of Imam Malik, Hadith 2.75.

Arwa Bin Zubair says,

"I did not find anyone more proficient [than Aisha (r.a.)] in the knowledge of the Holy Qur'an, the Commandments of Halal (lawful) and Haram (prohibited), Ilmul-Ansab and Arabic poetry. That is why, even senior companions of the Prophet used to consult Aisha (r.a.) in resolving intricate issued".

Ibn Qayyim and Ibn Sa'ad, Jala-ul-Afham, vol. 2, p. 26.

Abu Musa al-Ash'ari says:

"Never had we (the companions) had any difficulty for the solution of which we approached Aisha and did not get some useful information from her".

Sirat-I-Aisha, on the authority of Trimidhi, p. 163.

6. As a teacher she had a clear and persuasive manner of speech and her power of oratory has been described in superlative terms by al-Ahnaf who said: "I have heard speeches of Abu Bakr and Umar, Uthman and Ali and the Khulafa up to this day, but I have not heard speech more persuasive and more beautiful from the mouth of any person than from the mouth of Aisha."

The Prophet said,

"The superiority of 'Aisha to other ladies is like the superiority of Tharid (i.e. meat and bread dish) to other meals. Many men reached the level of perfection, but no woman reached such a level except Mary, the daughter of Imran and Asia, the wife of Pharaoh."

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith, Narrated by Abu Musa Al-Ash'ari Hadith 4.643.

Musa Ibn Talha (r.a.) says,

"I did not see anyone more eloquent than Aisha (r.a.)"

Mustadrak of Hakim, vol.4, p.11.

7. Men and women came from far and wide to benefit from her knowledge.

Aisha's great interest in the study of the Qur'an is understandable. She was an eye-witness to a number of revelations and had therefore a clear idea of the circumstances in which they were revealed. It was on her bed alone (and no other consort's) that the Prophet received Wahy (Divine Revelations) several times. This helped her in interpreting the verses.

8. At the time of the Prophet's death, the Prophet's head was on her lap. It was in her quarters that the Prophet was buried.

The life of Aisha ® is a proof that a woman can be far more learned than men and that she can be the teacher of scholars and experts. Her life is also a proof that a woman can exert influence over men and women and provide them with inspiration and leadership. Aisha ® is a continuing inspiration and role model to today's youth who are diligently searching for an example amongst the pop stars, movie actresses and sports stars. May the memory of her's live forever in the heart of the Muslim Ummah and may Allah grant her the highest abode in Paradise...Ameen.

:D

Astaghfirulla...

May Allah :D guide us all. ameen

mashALLAH good replies...

and yes, like its been mentioned above..the time-frame was different from now...i.e. at the age of 13, young boys had greater responsibilities within the household etc.

Also, ive read several Quranic Ayats that were revealed, were associated with her.

May the memory of her's live forever in the heart of the Muslim Ummah and may Allah grant her the highest abode in Paradise...Ameen

ameen

Its sad when people talk about things, when they have no knowledge about it.

:D dear sister Iqra, i agree with you.

Allah (swt) knows best and is watching over those who enjoy gossiping and throwing false accusations.

wasalams

In today's world, ages are catagorized into childhood, teenhood, adulthood etc.

In classical Islamic age, ie. at the time of the Prophet (sm), a person could be called an adult as less as the age of 7..or 10. In terms of treatment, the would then receive similar status as an older person would receive.

Critisizing the marriage of the Prophet (pbuh) with 'Aisha (ra) from today's world point of view is something very incorrect to do, because there are so many differences in what is considered to be 'acceptable'. Even the definition of adulthood was different, as mentioned above.

Now a food for thought: the marriage was conducted when 'Aisha (ra) was six years old, but it was consummated when she was nine. If a person had paedophilic feelings, why would he wait for three extra years to form physical intimacy? Astaghfirullahi rabbil 'alamin.

And Allah swt knows best.

Salam Aleykum,

Thank you all for ur replies...very helpful and really appreciate it

Wa Aleykum Salam

As people have pointed out, times were different. Think also about the young children 3-4yrs that would forsake school to go work & earn $ for their families. This ended around 100 yrs ago :D

Life, indeed, was very different and we are blessed.

AS

Critisizing the marriage of the Prophet (pbuh) with 'Aisha (ra) from today's world point of view is something very incorrect to do, because there are so many differences in what is considered to be 'acceptable'. Even the definition of adulthood was different, as mentioned above.

:D :D :D

Like it or not, the world wide society today is much better and intelligent then it was several thousand years ago. We cannot look back on the far past and say any society was great. Cuz by today's standards, we simply know better and have a much more refined way of looking at what is right and wrong. It's because ppl were stupid in the past and not as phsycologically advanced as we are today. Do we insult them for being stupid and believing the things they did? Damn right we do! Several hundred years ago it was perfectly okay to kill babies who had not been named because they were not seen as persons - I believe this was the greeks as well. Does the fact that this was in the past justify it happening in that time? NO!! You have to call it like it is, killing a baby now is wrong, and killing a baby back then is wrong too! You cannot justify the killing of the babies in the past by saying "oh, it happened in the past, it's not fair to call it wrong". The things that we praise people of the past is for specific things they did.

The greeks are praised specifically for being the first(questionable) society to operate by democracy. This looks great! If you ignore the fact that democracy applied to only free men in that time. Did they treat women as property? Yes they did-->it was a very male chauvenistic society and you can't argue otherwise. Does this mean we should live life the way they lived it? Hell no! They had some inspirational things which is why we value some of the things they've done.

You have to call it like it is :D

Muhammad is praised for being a leader to his people, a prophet of god and so forth.

Note - attempting to justify pedopheila in the past, is similar to attempting to justify slavery, treating women as property, polygamy, burning "witches" at the stake, and killing unnamed babies.

Hello,

It's not the same bro.

Whether the society was better or not, that's a different topic. You may find certain things that are better in the modern age, and some things that were better in the past.

About 'what was acceptable' may not necessarily make it a 'great' thing, that's true. Everything has its own context. In today's world, people have come to define certain age limits for acceptiblity, while in the past the age limit was different. It's a subjective matter, and depending on how the perspective and traditions of the society are, the reactions would be different.

As an example, in certain countries, chubby women are considered to be the most attractive as wives; if someone is slim, she is encouraged to gain weight. This doens't mean that those societies are totally crackheaded. They just have a different outlook to things. If there hasn't been any limits set by God to an issue, then defaming a group of people based on subjective perception is a not very credible thing to do.

And God knows best.

Hello,

It's not the same bro.

Whether the society was better or not, that's a different topic. You may find certain things that are better in the modern age, and some things that were better in the past.

About 'what was acceptable' may not necessarily make it a 'great' thing, that's true. Everything has its own context. In today's world, people have come to define certain age limits for acceptiblity, while in the past the age limit was different. It's a subjective matter, and depending on how the perspective and traditions of the society are, the reactions would be different.

As an example, in certain countries, chubby women are considered to be the most attractive as wives; if someone is slim, she is encouraged to gain weight. This doens't mean that those societies are totally crackheaded. They just have a different outlook to things. If there hasn't been any limits set by God to an issue, then defaming a group of people based on subjective perception is a not very credible thing to do.

And God knows best.

does the phrase "learning from your mistakes" mean anything to you? The past is full of it. Our ancestors were really really really stupid, and engaged in immoral activity because of the entire human race at that time was not as intelligent as it is now. Those of us who have progressed further then the rest will continue to ridicule people for their old fashioned ways. Such is why we ridicule people who hold rascist views (a whole lotta old ppl), people who treat women as property (saudi arabian society), and people who who have sex with children (pedophiles). Just cause the society of the past accepted these ways, or a society in todays world accepts these ways (saudi arabia - women) does not mean its unfair to call them on that. We simply have the freedom to call anyone on their faults if the faults are present. You cannot take that away - atleast in free society.

does the phrase "learning from your mistakes" mean anything to you? The past is full of it. Our ancestors were really really really stupid, and engaged in immoral activity because of the entire human race at that time was not as intelligent as it is now.

Why don't you tell the Greeks that? How about the Egyptians? I think some studies on Aristotle and the 7 wonders of the world will do you good, eh? They were brilliant masterminds. Sure, we've built off of them, but that by no means alludes that our foundations were somehow less mentally capable than we are today, if not more! Too great of an assumption to conclude. I had to object and correct. :D

Edited by Undertaker

the problem with people judging the past is that they tend to see events in their own light!

And as for thinking that we are better then those people is contrary to the statement of learning from your past mistakes. For that i suggest you guys read the Muqadamma by ibn khuldun. this would explain as to why people tend to make mistakes while relating past events.

People in every age think they are the smartest and the best and know it all! but time and time again they have been proven wrong! As Socrates said that my wisdom is in know that i know nothing or somthing to that effect!

As for the age well in the Roman Law the official age for a girl to be legally an adult is 12, and 14 for male! And its not the same in every country in the west as well. So how do you decide which one is the right age? Well as you science is the common yard stick used by many 'intelectuals' we should see. A female is biologically ready to be a mother when she starts to have the her periods... That is when she is according to nature ready to be a mother. As there have been case when girls at the age of nine have started to have periods! and dr. Zakir said that he himself has come accross such a case, and it was in the family for females to start mensurating!

Well that was my 2 cents, any offence was unintentional!

w/salaam

Edited by noxiouspython

Hey guys,

My opinion is that everyone gets made fun of! Even christianity gets made fun of! Why does it matter what some a-holes think about your religion? All that matters is what you believe in. Why does it matter what some people think about your religion? You should love them for their opinion, and defend their right to speak freely; although you don't have to agree with what they say.

Hey guys,

My opinion is that everyone gets made fun of! Even christianity gets made fun of! Why does it matter what some a-holes think about your religion? All that matters is what you believe in. Why does it matter what some people think about your religion? You should love them for their opinion, and defend their right to speak freely; although you don't have to agree with what they say.

True but in some cultures/societies prestige/honor is a big deal. Code of this ..code of that ..bla bla bla..

I mean there are wars fought simply because honor is at stake.

You might say ..For example "So what If the lord of Athens thinks that Spartan Queen has a Fat*ss (which by the way is a plus :D ) Since he ain't hittin that anyway, what a sucker that Athenian guy. That's one view.

But to somepeople it becomes a matter of life and death,

example 'How dare the Athenian pervert speaks ill of the Queen such way" on the name of Hates,Behead him and destroy Athens. The second view

No exaggeration, some people rather body you than to laugh it off.

The point is that if respect/honor etc. matters so much to someone, than why provoke or Offend them?

Peace.