Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Habdisullah

Individual Rights/freedom Of Speech/multiculturalism

Asalaam Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

The purpose of this post is simply to draw feedback on the various views regarding Multiculturalism - From the Muslims, drawing examples from our history and current situation, to debate the pros/cons and to what extent should Multiculturalism be allowed. Also to compare multiculturalism under the Islamic Law (in the past) to the present day multicultural states. And likewise, from the non-Muslims, drawing examples from your history to debate your viewpoint on Multiculturalism and it's limits. In your opinion, what are the responsibilities of those living as a minority and what are their rights? What is the responsibility of the majority and what are their rights? What are the limitations of 'Freedom of Speech'? Do you disagree with multiculturalism?

PropellerAds

No one has any say? If this topic is not relevant in this section of the forum, may the mods please move this topic to where it would be more appropriate? :sl:

The purpose of this post is simply to draw feedback on the various views regarding Multiculturalism - From the Muslims, drawing examples from our history and current situation, to debate the pros/cons and to what extent should Multiculturalism be allowed. Also to compare multiculturalism under the Islamic Law (in the past) to the present day multicultural states. And likewise, from the non-Muslims, drawing examples from your history to debate your viewpoint on Multiculturalism and it's limits. In your opinion, what are the responsibilities of those living as a minority and what are their rights? What is the responsibility of the majority and what are their rights? What are the limitations of 'Freedom of Speech'? Do you disagree with multiculturalism?

This topic is interesting to me, being a revert from the west...

This topic is interesting to me, being a revert from the west...

Welcome to Islam (and to Gawaher) brother! Congratulations on becoming a Muslim, and Insha'Allah your stay here is beneficial. It would be nice to hear your reversion story (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetgawaher(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/show.php/showforum/78.html"]here[/url]. Many brothers and sisters are just waiting to welcome you.

With regards to the post, I too would like to see some replies, however, I seem to have posted the topic in the wrong section of the forum :sl:

Welcome to Islam (and to Gawaher) brother! Congratulations on becoming a Muslim, and Insha'Allah your stay here is beneficial. It would be nice to hear your reversion story here. Many brothers and sisters are just waiting to welcome you.

With regards to the post, I too would like to see some replies, however, I seem to have posted the topic in the wrong section of the forum :sl:

thank you for your welcome and invitation to post.. I did post my revert story there...