Islamic Forum
Sign in to follow this  
inara

[fatwa]selling Pork Pizza For Non-muslims

HI , I am an IT professional ,now a days my area is badly Hit by Economy , Job re session

people are loosing jobs ,business industries are closing , financial sector is badly hurt as well as housing sector

in USA , i normally avoid jobs in financial markets , banks , Pizza jobs or fast food jobs because of pork etc

in a situation where you lost job and you are not seeing any opportunities in your field

is jobs as pizza selling ,or working in fast food etc are Halal or not or what Islam says about it

like i heard that Leaving the place and seeking halal income in another area is recommended

please reply

PropellerAds

:sl:

A mufti from The Egyptian Dar Al Fatwa replied with the following:

That job (serving food that contains pork) is permissible, as long as it is in a non-Muslim country, serving non-Muslims.

:sl:

The above was the fatwa that we have received from scholars of 'Dar Al Fatwa of Egypt'.

Members may discuss this issue by replying below. This post is a separator between the fatwa that we have officially received, and members' views and comments.

Readers are advised not to take the following posts as fatwa/ruling. They only represent the views of their posters.

having said that, you should

1. ask your colleagues to do the pork products

2. wear gloves

3. repent (even if allowed to touch pork as per the above fatwa)

Dear Shez,

A learned scholar, in this case the Mufti from the Egyptian house of eftaa, has given a fatwa and an advice. It is not acceptable discipline for us less-learned individuals to add on it unless you mention from a higher reliable source with references the different opinion. As to what you said I can see, and say, that it is obviously personal thought of cleanliness but is actually unnecessary. The consumption of the swine meat is haram, so is serving it to another under normal circumstances. The mufti has found that the situation warrants a necessity (daroora) that allows working in serving pork so it's ok.

Touching swine however is not specifically haram. In the book of Al-Qurtubi, the prophet -PBUH- allowed a man to continue the use of swine hair to make thread to connect beads, and no one was forbidden from that handicraft till the day he died. What you are suggesting might unnecessarily interfere with his job and will get him fired (asking his colleagues to do the pork products).

Sam

Salam brothers and sisters,

Dr. Muzammil Siddiqi, President of the Fiqh Council of North America, states the following:

Whatever is haram for a Muslim to eat is also haram for him/her to serve to others. You should not cook this dish with pork. Try to make it with beef or chicken, etc.

Source: (you are not allowed to post links yet)"you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...aEAskTheScholar"]you can't post links until you reach 50 posts_you are not allowed to post links yetislamonline(contact admin if its a beneficial link)/servlet/Satelli...aEAskTheScholar[/url]