Islamic Forum
IbrahimMuhammed

So, Who Went To The London March Today?

Asalaam Alikum

I know that is a differing of opinion on the Forum, but did anyone here attend the March in London today?

PropellerAds

:D

no i didn't attend but i know of one which is held in London's Trafalgar square on the 20th February. Apparently, this event was advertised on some leaflets, which were handed out on Thursday in Birmingham

wasalams

I didn't go either but I've heard there is one next saturday (18th) February???

no i didn't attend but i know of one which is held in London's Trafalgar square on the 20th February. Apparently, this event was advertised on some leaflets, which were handed out on Thursday in Birmingham

wasalams

Asalaam Alikum

Interesting Sis. I've heard of this one. Any more info on it? Or a website?

post-10817-1139691509_thumb.jpg

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I didn't go.

The only reason behind this was that I was unsure if there would any trouble from our BNP friends (!) and also the fact that I would be travelling alone on the train after the march back home and might get into trouble if the tensions were high. :D

asalam alaikum

there was also a talk outside central library today in Birmingham where Salma Yaqoob was present. They said it will be a peaceful protest but the reason why i didn't attend was because i felt that things might get out of hand.

no sorry, i made a mistake with the date, there's a london march on the 18th of feb, like sister emel said.

wasalams

saw it on Islam channel it was no good. some of the speakers were really enthusiastic and inspiring but there was only one or two. George Galloway mucked up his reputation by going into Big Brother--mind you his speech was nothing to get happy about.

saw it on Islam channel it was no good. some of the speakers were really enthusiastic and inspiring but there was only one or two. George Galloway mucked up his reputation by going into Big Brother--mind you his speech was nothing to get happy about.

yes brother, i watched a bit of it on Islam channel as well. i considered the crowd's opinions better than the speakers. There was a lady who spoke for 2 minutes from the crowd and she came out with some good points.

In light of what you said, maybe i shouldn't go to the London march this Saturday unless it will not cause trouble and be very sharp and inspiring.

Do you remember George Galloway's speech in the Global Unity Conference- that was quite good (from an honest point of view), but you're right, now his reputation has gone downhill due to taking part in Big bro.

wasalams

yup i went to the GPUE i remember it too. i actually thought it was pretty boring but yvonne ridley and galloway were alright i remember when it was galloways speech i was laughing because the guy next to me was hyper and was clapping and jumping like a lunatic. i think because everyone was excited about some non-muslim standing up for us. but for Galloway since the good speech its all been downhill.

also, do you really think there is a point in going to the march or any march? 2.5 million people turned up to stop the war in iraq-- did it make a difference? this land is not really a democracy.

Edited by Abu_sulaiman

some marches are supposingly 'peaceful', and others break out in rant and rave!

The Quraysh tribe slandered the Beloved Prophet (SAW), from killing his followers such as his Uncle Hamza, who was killed- to throwing their rubbish on his front door. What did the Prophet do? He demanded patience and kindness. He was insulted, yet he commanded that no punishment should take place.

Ridiculing the Prophet (SAW) is the biggest sin but Prophet (SAW) didn't have anyone executed whatsoever for ridiculing him. So as Muslims and the followers, how are we suppose to react with this whole situation regarding the cartoons etc?

wasalams

yup i went to the GPUE i remember it too. i actually thought it was pretty boring but yvonne ridley and galloway were alright i remember when it was galloways speech i was laughing because the guy next to me was hyper and was clapping and jumping like a lunatic. i think because everyone was excited about some non-muslim standing up for us. but for Galloway since the good speech its all been downhill.

also, do you really think there is a point in going to the march or any march? 2.5 million people turned up to stop the war in iraq-- did it make a difference? this land is not really a democracy.

Assalamu Alaykum

It might not be compulsory to go on demonstrations, but do not think it has no effect. I also use to think like that then someone explained to me it is not so.

Take for example the 2.5million that demonstrted against war in iraq. The ultimate goal and achievement would have been for the war not to have taken place, but that does not mean nothing was achieved. The following were achieved;

1. Recruitment into the British army has hit an all time low- rock bottom. They are working hard and spending a lot more in other to get a few british troops to fight for their cause.

2. The 2.5million people made a big statement. They show that the majority of people oppose the war. Had they not attended because they thought the war would still take place anyway, then it would have been an almost established fact that people just don't care. But they do , so they turned up in their multitudes.

3. The British and the American governments will atleast now hesitate, and not hasten to go to war with Syria or Iran. It is almost political suicide for that government in power,. they will be in danger of not being re-elected. Mind you if this war was to take place, atleast the fact that they know the general opinion is against it, they will hesistate, delay, and think twice.

And many more

wassalam

Ok im going a bit off topic now but because ive been in the states for couple of years i dont get to see UKs big brother. Tell me about George Galloway.

Why on earth did he go into bigbrother?

He was so good at those march's what has he done?

He used to be someone we felt proud of him that he was standing up for us. :D

Ok im going a bit off topic now but because ive been in the states for couple of years i dont get to see UKs big brother. Tell me about George Galloway.

Why on earth did he go into bigbrother?

He was so good at those march's what has he done?

He used to be someone we felt proud of him that he was standing up for us. :D

George Galloway went on BB to promote his views and his political party Respect. But, channel 4 make BB to entertain the public so any debate or views on the War on Terror were edited and replaced with 'fun and frolics' and immoral behaviour. Which at the end of the day is what the show is all about. Goerge has lost a lot of respect (forgive the pun!) due to first appearing on the show and then going on to act like a cat (!?) and share a shower with a Homosexual transvestite. But, it has promoted his party in that people are now curious as to what they stand for so I guess he has come out of it well.

But according to the Sunday papers last week he has said that he would gladly leave the Respect party if it meant a carear on TV, so make your own minds up.

Goerge has lost a lot of respect (forgive the pun!)

lol that was well punny. << do you get it? lol.

any way yeah i think George has done a fair bit but maybe he now is showing true colours? isn't is wife muslim? if so then did she not object when he was impersonating a cat?

Edited by Abu_Sulaiman

lol that was well punny. << do you get it? lol.

any way yeah i think George has done a fair bit but maybe he now is showing true colours? isn't is wife muslim? if so then did she not object when he was impersonating a cat?

I thought he had separated from his wife. When questioned in the US about her money arrangements I'm sure I remeber George saying he no longer knows his wife's financial situation as they are now apart.

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

How about todays march in London. They say that over 10,000 attended.

Did anyone here go?

Anyway, back to the topic at hand.

How about todays march in London. They say that over 10,000 attended.

Did anyone here go?

I did. B)

You should have seen the faces of the non-Muslims when 15,000 brothers and sisters made Takbir. :D

:D It was beautiful. Everyone there to show their love of the Prophet :D :D

at global peace and unity 25,000 muslims shouted takbir--i swear i need my ears checked now :D

:D tell me about it! the global and peace unity conference was just amazing! i can never forget that event! plus, doctor zakir naik was there and he is soooo excellent in his speeches- a very very very good scholar mashallah!

as for the London march yesterday- mashallah it turned out good didn't it. A lot of Muslims gathered... i didn't because i had a lot of studying to handle but my brothers went and they said it was just excellent! i watched it on Islam channel- all i could see half the time were white banners everywhere! Yvonne Ridley made a good speech- few of the Muslim male leaders were shouting out sooo much durin their speech that i couldn't understand what they were saying half the time! And i saw some non-muslims around 2... smilin and all... wish i went! oh well, maybe next time!

wasalams

Edited by Aaleyah

yeh and the lady reverted on the stage innit? :D

lol, when th Dr. was speaking they needed to get him off stage to continue with the rest of the program and he was like okay 2 minutes and the muslims all started going "ooohhh" and clapping he started laughing. it was well cramped though and they should have stopped it for prayer. they continued and let the people that wanted to pray, pray but everyone should have done it. i remember i was in the front row for maghrib isha and asr.

I did. B)

You should have seen the faces of the non-Muslims when 15,000 brothers and sisters made Takbir. :D

:D It was beautiful. Everyone there to show their love of the Prophet :D :D

I didnt go, but my uncle went, I wasnt allowed to :D , as he feared something was going to kick off, though :D everything was fine.

Oh how I wish I could've seen the faces of non Muslims during Takbir :D

sister mehnaz, it was indeed good and peaceful :D :D

didn't you watch it on Islam Channel (if you have it)

wasalams

sister mehnaz, it was indeed good and peaceful :D :D

didn't you watch it on Islam Channel (if you have it)

wasalams

yep I have Islam channel...though I wasn't at home for most of the day so :D nope I didnt see much..

:D every thing went well though

hmmmm , i wonder if IslamChannel is going to show a repeat? :D

no they have been selling it on DVD for £19.99 which in my opinion is a lot since the tickets were like £12!!

maybe they will show it on eid.

Eid is like, a long way away yet! :D

U can buy the DVD as brother sulaiman said... but yeah, i agree, it's a bit expensive compared to the price of the tickets.. oh well.. never mind :D